LGBT/Q+ Astrology (a cosmic connection?)

CapAquaPis

When I change my birth time from 2:21pm to 12noon (in cases the birth time is unknown) for Feb 15, 1980; my Moon placement in Aquarius is in this degree:

*AQUARIUS 18-19
An American Indian woman in a canoe. She is gathering wild rice.
A free spirit comes in surprising packages. Navigational sophistication veiled by the simple ways of life. Inside the soul, a rich complexity, an astounding grasp of what is happening and what it means, lives on undisturbed. Outwardly, you greatly prefer and gravitate toward any form that will throw everybody off and leave you in peace. The story lies inside. Many times and places, many dimensions and worlds are set loose to be simultaneously worked out, played out, encompassed, and freed up. A dazzling virtuoso performance inside the soul of letting go of everything. Yet outwardly a stiff upper lip composing the appearances. So that you can be blameless and impeccable, and even keep your own conscious mind entertained and confused long enough to get away with radical evolutionary moves, into the vast unknown, never to look back.*

As a genderfluid (and partial Native American) person, this speaks well of my soul and identity, although the Moon has less to do with soul and identity - my sun conjuncts the Moon in 26' Aquarius...and the rising sign in noon-time is a genderfluid sign (and associated with the high risk of having autism, which I have) is Gemini, combined with my actual birth time ascendant is feminine Cancer...and the Aquarian sun/moon combination is of two wavelengths (to be a male and female, as well mixed-race and mildly autistic) of experiencing a life as a person who has societal levels of less privilege and more discrimination.

Irisiel

There's a great possibility for the planets of masculinity (Mars) and femininity (Venus) in conjunction to give some people a high likelihood of gender ambiguity and variation of sexual orientation

That's me, :venus: and :mars: conjunct in :cancer:. Both happily trine :neptune:.

So experiment the theories on me? I have felt binary-gendered all my life. Cis female outwardly female these days. SO: Virgo Sun, Virgo rising, Sun and Mercury conjunct in Virgo in the Twelfth House!

Moon square Sun and several others! Like Domna, largely asexual, but with bi-romantic tendencies.

Look at all that earth and water! :biggrin:

Screenshot_2020-01-18-00-44-45_kindlephoto-93395645.jpg

CapAquaPis

Uranus placements in 5th, 7th and 8th esp. in ruling sign Aquarius, and other signs in Gemini and Virgo, are probable causes of sexual and gender variations of persons in natal charts of many gay, lesbian, bi or pansexual or romantic, asexual or aromantic, and non cisgender people which were studied in astrology research.

CapAquaPis

My secretive 12th house divided into Gemini and cancer halves are clues to my bigender self: the twins and the most feminine sign are bound together and Juno conjuncts the asc in 17' 33" Cancer. And to add Juno is feminine, relating to mothers, and named for a princess daughter of Zeus or Jupiter who is the king or God of Gods in the ancient Greek or Roman pantheons. A logical explanation of genderfluidity is I was indeed a woman in a past life in early 1970s (South) Vietnam, but generally speaking, reincarnation is not the main cause of anyone being LGBT, it is a random inborn trait in people not related to any past lives.

Irisiel

As a genderfluid (and partial Native American) person, this speaks well of my soul and identity, although the Moon has less to do with soul and identity - my sun conjuncts the Moon in 26' Aquarius...and the rising sign in noon-time is a genderfluid sign.

Hi CapAquaPis! Could you tell me what you think of my chart in this regard--my last post above?

The Sabian Symbol for my Pars Fortuna degree: (CANCER 1°): ON A SHIP THE SAILORS LOWER AN OLD FLAG AND RAISE A NEW ONE.

Hmmmmm.....

CapAquaPis

Good question, irisiel. Does it mean a sex change, gender transition or a coming out moment? To take down the old and bring up the new, telling the world in the open of who you really are.

I found another sabian symbol for 1 degree Cancer.

*1-2 deg Cancer

A Man On A Magic Carpet Hovers Over A Large Area Of Land*

It refers to personal exploration of one's self and to discover something new about themselves (not just a man, it can mean a woman, or in betweens).

PlutorisingLee

No, what I meant is that if one is going to base anything on Sign placement that they should consider the Sidereal, rather than the Tropical, but that IS ONLY MY HUMBLE OPINION.

I also use House placement very little in analysis. as for the reason I don't agree with the "Traditionalist" view of what planets rule what Houses, some of the exaltations, debilitations, etc, etc.

Lately, I've even got a theory that the chart order of Houses might even be in error? I recently posted a thread on that in the "Research and Development" sub-forum... but it is JUST A THEORY... and not even one I'm convinced of by any means...just that there is some apparent evidence to have reason to speculate.

Hmmm houses are later social constructs it seems...I mean, I the very idea of constructing different areas in life with different rulers is kind of structured by our concepts of those areas. We live in computer society now so should not the 4th house be the 11th or something else? Instead of say, agriculture,home etc..Nonsense I know but still.
Sexuality as we know it is also one of those areas and people did not think or see themselves in those terms even 100 years ago.

Anyway,what do you use instead of houses and what method is that?
I'm curious.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The 11th house...the house of friends and compatriots...Jupiter in 11th is one of teachers and leaders...the new age of Aquarius must have strong 11th for everyone alive in 2020, right?

Irisiel

I found another sabian symbol for 1 degree Cancer.

*1-2 deg Cancer

A Man On A Magic Carpet Hovers Over A Large Area Of Land*

It refers to personal exploration of one's self and to discover something new about themselves (not just a man, it can mean a woman, or in betweens).

Thanks for this! Even just because it is my POF.

Forgot to mention, in addition to Venus conj Mars in Cancer, Sun conj Mercury AND Uranus AND Pluto all in 12th H Virgo.

Neptune trine the Venus/Mars conj. Moon in Gemini.

Sappho is the closest thing yet I've found on my ASC. (And I AM a poet.)

Irisiel

Whoa. Had to correct my birthtime 5 minutes and now it IS exact...and Cancer 2 really IS my POF! And the Sabian symbol applies in every way and every interpretation I've seen so far.

You have an instinct!

piercethevale

Forgot to mention, in addition to Venus conj Mars in Cancer, Sun conj Mercury AND Uranus AND Pluto all in 12th H Virgo.

Neptune trine the Venus/Mars conj. Moon in Gemini.

Sappho is the closest thing yet I've found on my ASC. (And I AM a poet.)

Your POF calculates to be at 00* Cancer 03' 48", so that is definitely the 1st degree of Cancer and not the 2nd degree. The 2nd degrees' Sabian Symbol is about that "Magic Carpet"
The 1st degree of Cancer is what is to be found as the M.C. on the natal chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth, as it so appears on the chart I produced for the man, and also expounded upon by Dane Rudhyar in the chapter titled, "The Cross and the Star" in his book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala".

Dane foresaw that the chart of the Nazarene would include the 1st degree of all four of the Cardinal Signs for the chart axis, i.e. the meridan and horizon, of His natal chart. Thus it is essential due to the Sabian Symbol for that 1st degree of Cancer to be at the M.C. of that chart as the M.C. represents, symbolically, the "HOW" of the chart axis directive [i.e. Asc is the "WHO", the Desc. the "WHERE-TO" {or whom-to as I sometimes find to be a better explanation}, the M.C. the "HOW" {for a interpretation as to ones spiritual evolution, or the "WHY" as to ones' mundane affairs} and the I.C. the "WHY" {just the reverse process as that given for the M.C.}]

"HOW" Yeshu'a was to achieve his destiny, fulfill his dharma, was to become the symbol of new allegiance as to spiritual orientation, that is to say he had to become recognized as the archetype for these times, the current cycle of yugas, or possible for the particular society He was given as that to be for... as not to denigrate the role of the Buddha, or Sri Rama, or those avatars and archetypes of other culture and societies that are found to be every bit as worthy of the recognition

In addition to the 1st degree of Cancer being Yeshu'a's/Jesus' M.C. in the aforementioned natal chart [of which I give a presentation of in the Degree Symbols sub-forum, see my thread; "Birth Chart of Jesus?"] it is also found to be the charts Hermetic Lot of Courage and the charts' Part of Exile.

I think by reading the full text given for the symbol and the interpretation given by Dane Rudhyar one can see why it was Yeshu'a's Lot of Courage in that He had to keep in mind, in face of any and all diversity, how important a role He had been given. That surely was a source of invulnerable courage as He was to be the hope of so many as to their own redemption and salvation.

As to being anything that may have to do with any "exile" He may have faced... I think that is easily understood by all that know enough about his life and what He went through.

As a POF? I think that you can figure it out for yourself, what is best done by you. Keep in mind, however, that the Sabian Symbol for the POF is actually a literal description of the Action, cultural means, or mental state of mind one can best employ as to produce the most fortuitous circumstances by which to assist ones' own self in fulfilling their own dharma.
As to give you an understanding of what is meant by that, the best example, I can provide you with, is that Yeshu'a's POF is in the 19th degree of Pisces, the Sabian Symbol for which is, "A MASTER INSTRUCTS HIS DISCIPLE"

The 19th degree of Pisces has an "Actional" Sabian Symbol as does the 1st degree of Cancer. They change from "Actional" to "Emotional/Cultural" to Individual/Mental" every five degrees.

piercethevale

Hmmm houses are later social constructs it seems...I mean, I the very idea of constructing different areas in life with different rulers is kind of structured by our concepts of those areas. We live in computer society now so should not the 4th house be the 11th or something else? Instead of say, agriculture,home etc..Nonsense I know but still.
Sexuality as we know it is also one of those areas and people did not think or see themselves in those terms even 100 years ago.

Anyway,what do you use instead of houses and what method is that?
I'm curious.

I use the Houses but I only use the Placidus system for that. At least for all natal charts. It may be possible that other House systems are valid for other types of charts.
I just don't believe that the presently recognized rulerships, exaltations and the like are wholly accurate.

As to what all else I wrote that is very much a theory having to do with the fact that the Sabian Symbols can be read in either direction as to a full process of transformation...it all depends on what path one chooses.
As to the cycle of Spiritual transformation, that is to say Spiritually evolving, the First Sign is that of Virgo.

One might think, then, that there's another way to assign the Houses and to what is associated with them. That is a long study before me...and anyone else that wishes to do so. I doubt that I will have the answers before my time is up here on earth.

piercethevale

Whoa. Had to correct my birthtime 5 minutes and now it IS exact...and Cancer 2 really IS my POF! And the Sabian symbol applies in every way and every interpretation I've seen so far.

You have an instinct!

Oh, okay, I wish I had seen this later post by you before I wrote the reply above.
I hate it when that happens. I will assume you didn't consult your birth certificate, or other manner of checking for such information, before you made the birth chart you have [or had] posted?

Well, even though it was a waste of my time in replying it's not a total loss as maybe someone that does have their POF in the 1st degree of Cancer will read my post someday?
...and it is an adequate explanation as to how apply Sabian Symbols to Astrological Parts. Maybe you can still benefit from that, yourself, as well as others that might read it?

Irisiel

...and it is an adequate explanation as to how apply Sabian Symbols to Astrological Parts. Maybe you can still benefit from that, yourself, as well as others that might read it?

Yes, it helps--I'm just learning about Sabian Symbols and find it fascinating. And obviously, it's not something that just presents the answer at face value. I'm really sorry about the confusion. THANK you for the time!

Cancer 1 is actually the position if Venus in a composite I have interest in...

CapAquaPis

The 1960s-90s was a time of more openness about sexuality than previously, a subject that's seen as widely taboo in North America, then people began to explore sex matters including sexual orientation. Another taboo, death, was a social interest in Victorian Britain between 1850-1900, I wonder there were astrological forces to encourage exploration of the taboo (be it sex or death).

In the last infectious pandemic, the Hong Kong Flu in 1968-69 which killed 1-6 million globally, society was still accustomed of experiencing death from a hard to treat disease. Now we're treating diseases a lot better than before (including management of HIV/AIDS since its discovery in 1981; and soon, we're going to contain COVID) and society doesn't expect death so easily than ever before.

And in a more scientific age, we understand sexuality as a natural part of being human and we're openly seeking physical and psychological healthier ways to handle relationships. In the Aquarian age, we're not avoiding the dark, dirty or unknown...we find new ways to handle them, learn about prevention of death and improve our understanding of human sexuality such as LGBTQ identities.

CapAquaPis

Mars square Uranus aspects (75-105 degrees, esp 90th), my natal Mars is in 9' Virgo and Uranus in 25' Scorpio, which is my sun sign Aquarius' ruler planet. I can say this aspect is what made me LGBT to a certain extent: Genderfluidity, although it's going to be hard to describe myself as a "straight" person as a bio male and a "part" woman in my mental physique. And let me add my Virgo is in 3rd house and Scorpio in 5th house with Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto in between.

piercethevale

CapAquaPis, you should definitely get a copy of Rudhyar's book.

AS I AM AWARE THAT RUDHYAR'S BOOK, "AN ASTROLOGICAL MANDALA" IS OUT OF PRINT AND THAT USED COPIES OF THE BOOK ARE SELLING FOR AS MUCH AS WELL OVER $300 FOR THE PAPERBACK AND AS MUCH AS $700 FOR A HARD COVER AND BEYOND THE FINANCIAL MEANS OF THE GREATER NUMBER OF US. I DO HAVE SOME "GOOD NEWS" DUE TO MY RECENT AWARENESS THAT THE WEBSITE, " Scribed", DOES OFFER THE BOOK. THE WEBSITE DOES CURRENTLY HAVE A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE BOOK IN TWO OPTIONS OF FORM, AND THAT YOU CAN KEEP THE FILE WHETHER OR NOT YOU DO PERMANENTLY SUBSCRIBE TO "Scribed" AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD ENDS.
I urge you all to take advantage of this offer while it still is available. Even if the free trial period is no longer offered the cost of a subscription is a real bargain for anyone that is in want of Rudhyar's book but short of the asking prices currently asked for used copies... and they do have an extensive library of many books on many subjects as well as fiction

Last edited:

piercethevale

Talk about your "timely experiences"....

Immediately after posting the above I checked my email and found a link to the following from an email from OZY.com, that I don't even remember having ever subscribed to or even visiting, but regardless of that this link does provide some interesting "food for thought" on the subject matter of this thread.

Here's the link: https://psychologybenefits.org/2014....28.21&utm_source=Campaigner&utm_medium=email

CapAquaPis

The Google search engine has links to articles on the growth of Queer astrology. The "sidereal Moon in Capricorn" is a common indicator, involving many aspects and variations. Vedic astrology has a more flexibility in determining LGBT and Queer lives than Western. And looking at sidereal or a more scientific correct based on astronomical solar, Lunar and planetary positions: I have a Cap Moon...and the 8th house, the frequency of those identify as LGBT and Queer said this is them: I too have a Moon in my 8th house. And in my own individual or personal case, conjunct the sun.

Top of the list article on Queer Astrology in regards centered on Queer Women: https://www.autostraddle.com/believ...-but-50-check-their-horoscopes-anyway-434287/

CapAquaPis

Modern astrology should emphasize individually against racist, sexist, ethnic nationalistic and gender stereotypical beliefs to not read astrology effectively. There's an adage of the most significant and smallest minority group: is the individual. And what's exactly the most gayest sign in sun sign placements??? Find out the answer here: https://www.autostraddle.com/whats-the-gayest-zodiac-sign/ (I'm looking at you, Geminis...followed by Libras). When it came to people strongly attached to racial or ethnic heritage, the sun in Scorpio/11th and Aquarius/8th placements (least likely), similarly to LGBTQ orientations in Moon in signs of Capricorn/10th and Sagittarius/9th (said to be the lowest too).