A couple of questions about asteroids

VirgoLeo

How much do asteroids matter in conjunct with each other. I know with planets like the sun or venus they depending on the type of asteroid can have a lot of impact, or if the asteroid conjuncts with a ac, mc , north node etc it can have a lot of impact. So I was wondering what kind of impact they have on each other or how certain asteroids trine or square or opposite each other have significant power to them that's worth knowing. For example a nessus conjunct north node has a pretty big impact.. or so I've read.

With regards,

VL

waybread

Normally I wouldn't bother with asteroid-asteroid aspects. They just turn into so much space junk, or can turn a chart into anything you want. You'd need to use really tight orbs, if you do use them.

VirgoLeo

Normally I wouldn't bother with asteroid-asteroid aspects. They just turn into so much space junk, or can turn a chart into anything you want. You'd need to use really tight orbs, if you do use them.

How many degrees is considered tight enough for asteroids to not be considered space junk ?

Chrysalis

Zero degrees is a little extreme, id say more within one degree....wouldnt it ?

Or if asteroids have orbs like fixed stars then whatever the orb is.

mdinaz

I use four asteroids extensively and have generally never bothered with an asteroid-asteroid aspect. IF I did it would have to be less than a degree.

JUPITERASC

IF you only consider
asteroids larger than 100 meters orbiting within the inner Solar System
there’s over 150 million :smile:
Count smaller asteroids and you get even more.
even with the distances involved
it’s starting to feel a little crowded.
VIDEO:
RATE OF DISCOVERY OF ASTEROIDS OVER PAST 30 YEARS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=xJsUDcSc6hE
I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:

Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda, Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes, Peirithoos, Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa, Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne, Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?

Zarathu

No its a small number. I regularly use 700 of them.
to be realistic
Those 700 asteroids = two asteroids on EACH DEGREE
of every natal chart
good luck with delineating the hundreds and thousands of aspects involved
especially since no reliable research exists concerning asteroid meanings

waybread

I do use asteroids on occasion, but I don't think they work so well as some kind of hopeful "fishing expedition." You'd want to be clear on exactly what you wanted to find out and why. You often see charts with a bunch of love asteroids thrown in (such as Amor, Cupid, Psyche, Juno) when really, the moon and Venus are going to say a whole lot more that is useful.

If you find an asteroid that is your name or the name of a Person of Interest, see where these namesake asteroids fall in one another's charts. It's OK to use a cognate name in a different language. (For example, John=Juan, Ian, Ivan, Johannes, Hans, Jean, Jan, and so on.)

It is also helpful to know some mythology, if you're interested in particular qualities (Sapentia, Sophia, Wisdom, Odin.)

david starling

Zarathu described Asteroids metaphorically as "pebbles", striking the stream of consciousness, and leaving ripples. Whereas, the major-Indicators are like boulders, staying in place and causing the stream to flow around them.

waybread

so nessus 14'58 and north node 17'39 is not something to worry about or atleast not as powerfull because its nearly 2 degrees apart? Thank goodness.

Nothing much in astrology is worth worrying about.

See what Nessus means to you. What does your NN mean to you, by sign, house, aspects, and your own life experience? Is there any kind of correlation? What about that correlation would give you something to work on?

http://planetwaves.net/smallworlds/contents/planets/nessus.html

Keep in mind that the nodes cast no orb of their own. The asteroids are too small to cast an orb. If you look at an asteroid conjunct a planet, you can use the planet's orb, but I would suggest you do that very conservatively. Because each degree of the zodiac contains hundreds if not thousands of asteroids.