Does conjunction of 5th house lord with 7th house lord mean love marriage?

Astroenthusiast

Hello everyone,

I have recently started learning vedic astrology. And i came across a statement that said that conjunction of 5th lord with 7th lord results in love marriage. I have this conjunction but have never had an affair, what do you, learned people, think about it? Can it be said that i will marry someone i know? .

Thanks

Last edited:

VenusS

Yes, it is true that 5th and 7th lords yuti results in love affairs, mainly because 5th bhava controls romantic tendencies, 7th bhava deals in partnerships, marriage. In your chart, although due to mars yuti budha in 7th, mangala can also constitute in mangala dosha. Shukra in aries in 5th bhava, maybe very harsh in dealing with love, romance. Mangala is the only cause of you not having or delayed love affairs. Dashas are also possible.
Regards

Astroenthusiast

Hello VenusS,

Thank you for replying. When you say Shukra results in harshness in dealing with love etc..what does it mean. Here i would like to add that whenever anyone ( i mean here people i have known and liked, but just not romantically) has proposed to me, i would get a sinking feeling and would try to run as fast and as far as i can from that person (no matter how much i have liked them) and cut off all communication. I have never understood why i did that. Is it included it harshness?

Astrologers say i am a soumya manglik, I don't know if it is because mars is in gemini and with mercury or because of saturn being in 12.

I am currently running rahu mahadasha and saturn's antardasha

VenusS

I think that comes in being totally reserve. Saturn-sun aspects each other usually means, very reserve and doesn't like to interact too much. Introvert tendencies also come in play here.
Now as per manglik dosha, your mars is not that harsh mainly due to an owning of shubha house i.e 5th bhava. Moreover, mangala aspects Chandra by its 4th aspect, constitutes Chandra mangala yoga in 10th bhava.
Manglik dosha actually means extreme sexual tendencies and a lovable person to his partner.
Regards

Astroenthusiast

You have given a very different meaning of Mangal dosha. I have heard Mangal dosha causes death or illness to spouse. Some one also claims that mangaliks have positive blood group, he also says that the reason behind principle of mangalik marrying a mangalik is that a person with positive blood group should marry a person having positive blood group, as it prevents many problems relating to progeny.
That said, I am not trying to question your knowledge but trying to get a better view as my teachers when questioned about these things tell us to wait and not rush, which i suppose is a good advice. But i just can't help myself.

Astroenthusiast

As for my being introvert, you are absolutely right. Here again i was told that sun-saturn aspect makes life difficult and when i asked how, i wasn't given any response.
Come to think of it, does my being reserved, makes my life difficult? Because I am a lawyer by profession, it would really help if i wasn't so reserved.

Crystalpages

Hi Astroenthusiast,
I have looked into astro-coordinates of blood groups at two different instances in life. First, in 1970 (that was painful because I was calculating all those charts by hand pretty much) and then more recently by collecting blood group data from all the reading seekers (I had a question in the reading application form). I looked at several things, but in both times, there was no reliable corelate found. It remains a puzzle but mangal dosh etc has nothing to do with blood groups :-(
That said, when we look at charts of families (relatives by blood or distant) it is hard to miss connections or similarities of factors between the charts. To me that indicates that some of the genetic tendencies are reflected in astrological patterns! Someone might have to look into this more thoroughly or might already be looking into it.
I have noticed also that nativities with the chandra-mangal yoga tend to be leaning towards being sexual but naturally other factors (venus etc) have to line up too to make the tendency more prominent.
Regarding love marriage (or not) perhaps we should not lose site of the dominant desh-kaal factor! In some countries, communities etc where love-marriage is less common, planets promising love marriages would probably need to be stronger than in other societies and countries where love marriage is the dominant norm and that seems to have become the norm even in those who migrated from places where arranged marriage is common! :)
Regards,
Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages

As for my being introvert, you are absolutely right. Here again i was told that sun-saturn aspect makes life difficult and when i asked how, i wasn't given any response.
Come to think of it, does my being reserved, makes my life difficult? Because I am a lawyer by profession, it would really help if i wasn't so reserved.

Look at the positive, my friend! Lawyers do often become judges (Justice) and Judges tend to be introverted (though not 100% times) ;-)

Introversion, unless in a cripplingly excessive form, is not a negative personality trait. Sure they may not become the life of a party-atmosphere, but I have seen many introverted persons who can and do communicate pretty effectively, although they may feel a bit drained afterwards! They come from all walks of life including film stars, politicians, businessmen, other professionals and even lawyers and day-care workers! :)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan (introvert and proud to be one!) :)

Astroenthusiast

Hello Rohiniranjan,

I too am trying to research on theory of blood group but so far, i have not found anything conclusive, the number of exceptions wouldn't let me come to a conclusion.

I am not very introvert. I just don't see the point in socializing. And I communicate just fine as long as i am not expressing my feelings. When it comes to telling about my feeling, i don't have anything to say.

Thanks

Zarathu

Account Closed
What we talked about in the other post is significant in what you bring to the table for relationships. Your security issues once you get past deciding whether is a fight or flight response put you into issues of the Moon in the 8th house and particularly in Leo.

And when you get into abstract thinking, your asteroid Nemesis aspects almost all your planets, let alone other asteroids, and seriously affects your self esteem, which is necessary for you to deal with the opposite sex. Those who deal best with the opposite sex have high self esteem because they aren't worried about how the other thinks about them. Nemesis represents what is basically wrong with you at a bottom line level and how you are at believe that you are at fault and can be blamed both externally by others and internally, by yourself.

Its that button at the heart of you which is very difficult to be resolved, and which is eternally sensitive being pressed and bringing up issues that Psyche represents which is unresolved feeling pain and mental chaos.

Nemesis shows where you believe that you are essentially a loser or a scapegoat. Nemesis shows how you struggle to get out from under something that keeps holding you down. Nemesis shows how the unresolved feeling pain of Psyche is most easily accessed by the world around you and kicked off.

This is really hard sh!t. But it does impact all of us when we come forward toward relationships. How we deal with new situations is dependent first on having our reptile brain(the cerebellum, reticular activating formation, etc) work on dealing with it as a fight/flight response, then security in the limbic system and then finally, the cerebral cortex which is where conscious thinking lives. You can develop brain pathways using the cortex to control the lower brain areas, but it takes practice and it takes effort. And you have to practice every day using what is called in psychological counseling as "cognitive behavioral techniques".

Astroenthusiast

Dear Z,

Reading your observations about me brings to mind, the remark that Mark Twain wrote in Cheiro's guestbook,"Cheiro has exposed my character to me with humiliating accuracy. I ought not to confess his accuracy; still I am moved to do so".

I don't believe my self to be scapegoat but i do consider myself a loser in the sense that i don't know how to behave in a given situation. But just like everything else in my life, i get over the rejection or feeling of inadequacy pretty quickly. Guess losing focus does have its merits.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I don't believe my self to be scapegoat but i do consider myself a loser in the sense that i don't know how to behave in a given situation. But just like everything else in my life, i get over the rejection or feeling of inadequacy pretty quickly. Guess losing focus does have its merits.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Its really semantics. Wherever we feel that we are at fault in some way, either because someone else doesn't choose us for a relationship or for the team, and we feel that in that small way we are a loser, we are in fact scapegoated by the situation.

I do know this personally, since I lived in a alcoholic family as a child. In such a family there are 4 separate roles to take and if there are four children, then each of them gets one role through out their lives within the family if there are not four children then they have to double up on the roles and if there is just one, then that poor child ends up totally confused having played all four of them at various times. One of them is the scapegoat, for whom every problem that goes wrong in the family is blamed on him or her.

Usually the scapegoat is the most likely to be shunned by the family eventually. I was the scapegoat, and my family eventually cut me off so that they could survive better. Unfortunately for them, the role is standard and removing me didn't remove the role. Everybody but the family mascot then got a chance to be the scapegoat, since they still needed someone to blame, even though I was gone. In this case it was mostly the family hero, which was quite a switch for her to suddenly find herself being the scapegoat.

Eventually I reconciled with the family, but it didn't last(as I knew it couldn't), as soon as some issue developed in the family they all returned to blaming me, since I was still the scapegoat from childhood. And I was blamed even though I had literally nothing to do with it, nor was I involved. I was blamed because I wasn't involved. And then because I wouldn't accept the role, I was shunned all over again, and the cycle started again, with the family hero becoming the scape goat again.

Go figure.

So yeah!

Astroenthusiast

Its really semantics. Wherever we feel that we are at fault in some way, either because someone else doesn't choose us for a relationship or for the team, and we feel that in that small way we are a loser, we are in fact scapegoated by the situation.

May be. This particular problem of not being chosen by anyone hasn't been my problem since high school. During high school i faced a lot of rejections. I was always the third wheel, so to speak. So naturally, i was the person to be left behind.

But since high school, i don't know what happened but i have become sought after company, if i do say so myself. It could be because I stopped caring about presence of people in my life. Its ironical that when i cared, i got sidelined; when i stopped, i never had to worry about being sidelined.

Although I do understand what you are saying. When i said i felt like a loser, i meant i feel painfully awkward in new/different situations, and feel that i never have the right perspective or response to it.

VenusS

See, when mangala is present in your 7th bhava, you drive your energy towards sexual affection and when it own 5th bhava, sexual and romantic tendencies comes into play. So, mangala dosha really means, your partner having extramarital affairs even though you love her. But mangala dosha is, i think, a myth. As mangala also means war and courage, so your courage comes into you from your partner. Its actually helping you. However, mangala is a paapi graha. Mangala also means fight, violence, so you and your partner would have a lot of hostility during initial stage. But as long as you hit your 30s, your mars will mature and it wont harm your married life that bit.
Regards

Crystalpages

See, when mangala is present in your 7th bhava, you drive your energy towards sexual affection and when it own 5th bhava, sexual and romantic tendencies comes into play. So, mangala dosha really means, your partner having extramarital affairs even though you love her. But mangala dosha is, i think, a myth. As mangala also means war and courage, so your courage comes into you from your partner. Its actually helping you. However, mangala is a paapi graha. Mangala also means fight, violence, so you and your partner would have a lot of hostility during initial stage. But as long as you hit your 30s, your mars will mature and it wont harm your married life that bit.
Regards

Good explanation (and connecting the dots) in straight-forward manner, Venus ji :)

Not trying to be flippant etc., but I have been puzzled by the fact that mars is called Mangal (positive well-being, even shubha by name), when it seems that mangle (English) is often what it does! I am sure there must be a deeper significance.

Planets are seen as 'receivers' (graha/graham=receiving) of energies (as described by you beautifully), but are they not expressors (giving) as well? So, will the individual also provide or give energy (support, protection, courage) to the partner or other-at-large (both 7th house attributes) if mars is in a benefic situation (good functional nature, benefics aspecting, strength, etc etc) or destructive energy/indication towards 7th house, if lacking benefic influence or worse in a malefic milieu? Perhaps these could be the different scenarios playing in different charts (nativities) due to their past su or dush-karmas leading to this dreaded mangal-dosh manifesting in some but not all charts? This would naturally appear as mangal dosh being of no importance or significance as we sometimes read on different forums.

And the same situations may also exist for other dreads, such as KSY, shani's one sign and three sign transits, three periods over each 30 year segment of life...?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

crystalsoulz

Hi friends,
Just new to this forum, so warm greetings to everyone.
Well, I have the same conjunction in my chart.
That is 5th lord mercury conjunction 7th lord sun
In first bhava :)

Chart details
Dob : 01 march 1987
Time : 07.25 am
Place : Mumbai , Maharashtra

But Can anyone do further analysis and correct me
If I'm wrong?