Pride in the chart

monolilith

I was ruminating on how humiliation (the result of pride) has been a consistent bump in the road for me and how my unaspected Scorpio Sun might have something to do with it. I found this great page that talks about pride and its links to Scorpio:

http://www.esotericastrologer.org/Newsletters/28 Scorpio and the Seventh Hydra of Pride.htm

I also have a strong Jupiter in my chart, and I often feel like I have no real grasp of my limitations (mental or physical--I knock against wall corners and bump into low-standing tables all the time, I have no sense of personal space). Jupiter is also always seeing a truth that isn't real (pride as illusion), and my midheaven/Aries Libra makes me withhold the truth even when it comes to me. But how am I supposed to stretch my mental horizons/avoid illusion without a sense of individual pride? My north node is in Aries--"I AM" is part of my soul path. But how am I supposed to have an unshakeable Ego, and succeed in developing my own artistic ideas and sense of self, when "seperativeness" and "pride of individual intellect" are roads to self-destruction? If I don't emotionally invest in the success of my endeavors and identify as my own hero, then what chance do I have of succeeding? How can I avoid jealousy/ambition while trying to self-actualize? Sarte says we are all voids, that we paint ourselves from our own choosing--how do I paint myself without intrinsically separating myself? I want to avoid this path: my family is full of Leo's, my dad is a tyrannical Capricorn who subjugated his submissive Pisces wife, and his brother has schizophrenia.

How does pride manifest in the chart, and how does one combat that pride with the higher realms of other placements/aspects?

Attachments

• cchart.jpg
    cchart.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 38

KrisOmari

I think that what you're looking for has been inside of you all along. You don't really have to do anything. You are not a human doing, you are a human being. You just have to be. Just be you. The beauty in this, is that while being an individual, as unique as you are, you are still, and will always be a part of the bigger picture (Jupiter in Aries). You don't have to isolate yourself if you want to be your own being; you just have to find the people in life who will respect that, and accept that, and admire that (Mars in Libra). Mars shows us that if we want something in life, we have to go out and find it, and Mars in Libra shows me that you are looking for people to accept you, and be tolerant, while at the same time understanding that you are your own person, and you drum to your own beat. I think that if you understand this, and go for it, you will be enlightened.

Zarathu

Account Closed
There are three asteroids: Cruithne, Niobe, and Cyllarus, when strong aspected to the most powerful and/or the most frictionful or least frictionful planets can show strong tendencies to natal pride.

Krewster

Your personal planets are free from affliction by either Nept or Jup and so illusion and Jup-sourced pride/ambition might not be the frenemy.

Perhaps you are ambitious and proud for positive reasons such as the likelihood that you are smart, full of vigor and will be socially prominant (respectively represented by Merc/Moon/Pluto quadranovile to Jup, a 19 min Sun 30 Mars, and an 11 min Sun bi-quintile Jup).

(Relational) jealousy seems unrelated to ultimate success (though noteworthy is the 1 degree tight septile between your Ven and Mars suggesting a person who will not settle down in the near term and does not want to because enjoying the relationship dance).

If you're looking for (fr)enemies in your chart, blame (and work on managing) the 45's:

-Moon to Sat (0 orb);
-Moon to Ven (1.03);
-Merc to Uran (1.08).

monolilith

Ven/Mars 1 degree septile? Is that predicting someone in my circle now, or someone who will be important later? I'm in touch with only a few guys, one in particular who I have a bit of a crush on (Gemini). He lives in LA and is helping me find a job there...but I'm almost certain he has no intention of settling down with me, or anyone else, for a very long time, if ever. GEMINIS, AMIRITE
What is the significance of the 45's?

Krewster

Ven septile Mars is predicting nothing for sure (you won't find useful descriptions on the net) but most of my personally well-known natives below 40-ish with this aspect go in/out of relationships more often than most of us but also seem to enjoy that dance (other aspects to these planets will be telling).

Re the 45's (semi-squares) you'll find lots of useful info on the net.

actio

Leo Moon is one way it manifests. There is a girl I know with Moon in Leo and she's even earned the nickname of "imperial" lol.

I would also separate pride from ambition. There are some people who are ambitious but not prideful.

M

may28gemini

I think that you have Jupiter-Saturn trine really helps with being unfettered. Saturn isn't lecturing you all the time and Jupiter is in the most selfish sign- Aries.

It must be nice to have Jupiter-Saturn trine. I have the conjunction and it can totally wear me out.