What a horrible merc retrograde

stormborn

Thank you. Wish me luck today please for this am meeting. I think others' actions will determine what direction I take. Love the lotus analogy, I did not know the lotus grew in the mud.

I don't have internet where I am going but have opened these pages on my mac and can view them while I am doing my gallery duty afterwards.

JUPITERASC

Thank you. Wish me luck today please for this am meeting.
I think others' actions will determine what direction I take.
Love the lotus analogy, I did not know the lotus grew in the mud.

I don't have internet where I am going but have opened these pages on my mac
and can view them while I am doing my gallery duty afterwards.
Good idea! Keep your focus on serene images of nature in general as well
that'll help you keep matters in perspective :smile:

19-periyar-forest-reserve-thekkady-kerala-2008-web.jpg

forest-smokey-mountains-national-park-trisha-flaherty-dpc.jpg

keep in mind that everything is transient, changing and cannot last
If you download and occasionally listen to this down to earth advice from Ajahn Brahm
(Buddhist monk who graduated in Nuclear Physics from Cambridge,
got dumped by his then girlfriend and became a monk)
you'll gain even more perspective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jniaUr_7438

Osamenor

Staff member
I've been reading about Mars combust and Sun Mars conjunction. It appears there is great strength in using the energy from the combustion - should I do that? I've been running from the conflict because I don't want to cause waves, because I'm not so diplomatic sometimes when my back is against the wall. Should I just say ***** it and call it as it is? Would that be a good strategy?

I just went and read something about Mars transits (this discussion made me curious!) and based on that, yes, that's exactly what you should do. To paraphrase what I read, natal Mars being strongly transited or transiting Mars hitting a trigger point in your chart demands that you take decisive action, including risks. If you don't like to make waves, asserting yourself is an emotional risk, so it falls into that category.

If you don't take that opportunity, if you try to keep running away from it, you're guaranteed to have that awakened Martian energy blow up in your face. If you stand and face it, you might still experience some blowup, but even if you can't completely control the situation, you have much more control if you're taking decisive action. If you don't, stuff just happens to you. Like these repeated random attacks.

There is, of course, a right way and a wrong way to fight back. I'm talking assertion here, not extreme aggression. But if you're a very diplomatic, hate-to-make-waves kind of person, appropriate assertiveness might feel to you like you're being too aggressive. These transits are a challenge to claim that energy for yourself.

Slenkar

Youtube changed the comment notification dialog- and it doesnt work
typical merc retro eh?

Also have been trying to get my documents for the last month or so and meeting many obstacles.

stormborn

I think the meeting went well this am. We'll see how meeting two goes tomorrow.

I spent the day outside, and later in the day, a young doe came pretty close, about three feet away (pics below). As well, when I first got to where I was going, there was about 30 some butterflies (seriously) fluttering about, and where were they lighting but in the mud! Craziness.

Throughout the day, I realized that if a planet is combust, then it had to have been cazimi first, and then it must go cazimi again. So things have to go well eventually, it is law. lol

When I was younger, I was criticized heavily by my mother that I was too blunt and mean and undiplomatic, so I have tried to fix that. Apparently I went too far the other way, and am too accommodating (their words). I hear what you are saying osamenor, and I will focus on the solutions without being antagonistic.

I have Dealing with Difficult People open and it is my homework for tonight. There is another that I saw referred to in the comments, something about hissing and not biting. He has a great accent so that always helps.:innocent:

Attachments

• 11416423_10153497376263083_2137629969553713396_o.jpg
    11416423_10153497376263083_2137629969553713396_o.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 1506949_10153497492873083_1064198150596279438_n.jpg
    1506949_10153497492873083_1064198150596279438_n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 21

unique_astrology

Measuring in right ascension.

During this time (in fact for some time now) you have had the slow moving stressful aspect of the progressed Sun-Saturn midpoint conjunct natal Saturn. It is now 0°51' past exact but it has only moved 00°04' since May 1st. Around September 15 the midpoint will be 1 degree past exact. That separation is not a silver bullet but could be the point where current difficulties have been resolved.

Along with that aspect your progressed Moon conjoined transit Pluto - another stress indicator. On May 10th it was only 0°05' away from the exact conjunction.

Today you had transit Mars conjunct progressed MC (angle progression Q2 Mean Quotidian) and progressed Pluto squared same. How was your day physically and/or mentally?

These things will pass but in the meantime do not push back too hard. Let opposition know that you will stand up for yourself in as nicely, yet firm, a manner as you can.

Last edited:

stormborn

Measuring in right ascension.

During this time (in fact for some time now) you have had the slow moving stressful aspect of the progressed Sun-Saturn midpoint conjunct natal Saturn. It is now 0°51' past exact but it has only moved 00°04' since May 1st. Around September 15 the midpoint will be 1 degree past exact. That separation is not a silver bullet but could be the point where current difficulties have been resolved.

Along with that aspect your progressed Moon conjoined transit Pluto - another stress indicator. On May 10th it was only 0°05' away from the exact conjunction.

Today you had transit Mars conjunct progressed MC (angle progression Q2 Mean Quotidian) and progressed Pluto squared same. How was your day physically and/or mentally?

These things will pass but in the meantime do not push back too hard. Let opposition know that you will stand up for yourself in as nicely, yet firm, a manner as you can.

Thank you!

From the latest bullying event, the email from "D" dated 715 am Pacific yesterday morning until about 10 am this morning, it was high anxiety, and me trying to stay calm without being my normal obsessive brooding self. That was interesting to say the least and not very successful.

This morning, my art gallery partners and I had a meeting to deal with this, and it started a little bit after 9 (~910 Peachland BC if you are curious to pull a chart). I listened to the other people talking about the email we all received, but it was addressed to me, with everyone else being cc'd. I was the bad guy and seen as the instigator of everything wrong with the world. (Okay that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but just a bit)

I did not speak first, I never do, but when it came time for my turn, I was honest. Said I felt attacked, (not the first email from D) and broke down a bit.

One of my partners called her craycray. lol. Said that if she did that again, he'd be sending her a letter from his lawyer as the stuff she was saying was damaging - not just to me but to the gallery.

When it came time for everyone to say how they thought we should address the situation, others did not want to get into a pissing match with details - which I agreed - however, I did say exactly what I needed to be in the return correspondence to D and everyone else she cc'd. This was my personal reputation on the line.

There was a small amount of push back, but I explained why. It almost did not get put in but in the end it did. I had the attitude that well, these people who are my partners say lots of good stuff, but I will see what action they take as in the past few weeks they've crumbled to the outside pressure. They followed through. That's fine. But I'm cautious.

After the meeting, and the email was resolved, and everyone left, I spent a lot of time outside. I was mindful of the suggestions by JupiterAsc, which I appreciated. But there was lots of bugs. I don't like bugs. The doe came by, she left, she came back. I remembered the butterflies from the morning. I felt like Snow White. Posted same up on fb (1536 hrs). A friend of mine came by around 330, she read the email from D (she's my VC on the arts council) and wasn't impressed. We're going to deal with the response tomorrow.

Something has changed. I'm not sure what, but the energies from this am before my meeting at 9 and this afternoon after around 2 maybe 3 have changed. And I think they are going to remain calm into tomorrow, but then I am sensing a storm again on Wed and into Thurs. My plan is to go off the grid until the storms have passed.

That's the long version. lol

Bottom line, I'm still cautious. That fricken Saturn, man. He and I have not been on too friendly terms. I've done tons of stuff to toe the line and to grow and to incorporate structure. Why can't he just work to get along with everyone?

stormborn

Great pictures! But where was Bambi?:happy:

There was a young buck with fuzzy horns not too far away from her. I think his horns were around 6" longest. I would not have seen him if I did not go to my friend's car. He was in the bushes nearby.

Bambi was my favourite disney movie. I never understood until i was older (20s) why he was alone in the forest. It was crushing. I'm such a suck.

stormborn

So, I'm just looking at my two deer pics again. I think that's a boy deer in both of them. He has antlers? I think it's the same fellow I saw near my friend's car!

Osamenor

Staff member
When I was younger, I was criticized heavily by my mother that I was too blunt and mean and undiplomatic, so I have tried to fix that. Apparently I went too far the other way, and am too accommodating (their words). I hear what you are saying osamenor, and I will focus on the solutions without being antagonistic.

That, apparently, is one of the themes in your birth chart being activated by these transits, and it was shaping up for this time in your life by your last solar return. You have natal Mars in the eighth house. That's the house of taboo and shadow, as well as the more traditional death and sex and other people's money. What's in the eighth house can represent the disowned side of yourself, the shadow, or societal taboos.

I'd actually thought of that before you made this post, but didn't have time to say it then. For women, aggression is taboo. We all get taught that no one will like us if we're too aggressive--but what's considered too aggressive in a woman is what's considered healthy assertiveness in a man. Your mother criticizing you was a very blatant method of teaching that, but it's not just mothers doing that to daughters, society hits all women with that.

So when you have these transits hitting your natal Mars, they're also hitting your house of taboos. You're getting that disowned aggression instinct stirred up and being forced to use it or die (at least, die figuratively!). And Uranus, which is trining it, was in your SR eighth house, in Mars's native Aries... an echo of that placement! Not only that, moon conjunct Uranus could indicate that disruptive energy being applied to your sense of femininity and to what society expects of you as a woman, and/or your relationship with your mother... and that SR conjunction was in your natal third house, which suggests that this will play out in the arena of communication.

JUPITERASC

I think the meeting went well this am.
We'll see how meeting two goes tomorrow.

I spent the day outside, and later in the day, a young doe came pretty close, about three feet away (pics below).
As well, when I first got to where I was going, there was about 30 some butterflies (seriously) fluttering about,
and where were they lighting but in the mud! Craziness.

Throughout the day, I realized that if a planet is combust, then it had to have been cazimi first, and then it must go cazimi again. So things have to go well eventually, it is law. lol

I have Dealing with Difficult People open and it is my homework for tonight.
There is another that I saw referred to in the comments, something about hissing and not biting.
He has a great accent so that always helps
.:innocent:
Thanks for the pics, great that you spent the day as close to nature as possible, as that's so calming

butterflies-3266.jpg

Ajahn Brahm has a hilarious accent and a down to earth attitude that's very grounding
I'm happy you found his talks useful
:smile:

Thank you!

From the latest bullying event, the email from "D" dated 715 am Pacific yesterday morning until about 10 am this morning, it was high anxiety, and me trying to stay calm without being my normal obsessive brooding self. That was interesting to say the least and not very successful.

This morning, my art gallery partners and I had a meeting to deal with this, and it started a little bit after 9 (~910 Peachland BC if you are curious to pull a chart). I listened to the other people talking about the email we all received, but it was addressed to me, with everyone else being cc'd. I was the bad guy and seen as the instigator of everything wrong with the world. (Okay that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but just a bit)

I did not speak first, I never do, but when it came time for my turn, I was honest. Said I felt attacked, (not the first email from D) and broke down a bit.

One of my partners called her craycray. lol. Said that if she did that again, he'd be sending her a letter from his lawyer as the stuff she was saying was damaging - not just to me but to the gallery.

When it came time for everyone to say how they thought we should address the situation, others did not want to get into a pissing match with details - which I agreed - however, I did say exactly what I needed to be in the return correspondence to D and everyone else she cc'd. This was my personal reputation on the line.

There was a small amount of push back, but I explained why. It almost did not get put in but in the end it did. I had the attitude that well, these people who are my partners say lots of good stuff, but I will see what action they take as in the past few weeks they've crumbled to the outside pressure. They followed through. That's fine. But I'm cautious.

After the meeting, and the email was resolved, and everyone left, I spent a lot of time outside. I was mindful of the suggestions by JupiterAsc, which I appreciated. But there was lots of bugs. I don't like bugs. The doe came by, she left, she came back. I remembered the butterflies from the morning. I felt like Snow White. Posted same up on fb (1536 hrs). A friend of mine came by around 330, she read the email from D (she's my VC on the arts council) and wasn't impressed. We're going to deal with the response tomorrow.

Something has changed. I'm not sure what, but the energies from this am before my meeting at 9 and this afternoon after around 2 maybe 3 have changed.
And I think they are going to remain calm into tomorrow, but then I am sensing a storm again on Wed and into Thurs.
My plan is to go off the grid until the storms have passed

That's the long version. lol

Bottom line, I'm still cautious. That fricken Saturn, man. He and I have not been on too friendly terms. I've done tons of stuff to toe the line and to grow and to incorporate structure. Why can't he just work to get along with everyone?
The good news is Mercury goes direct in two days
in the meantime going off the grid until the storms have passed makes such good sense

tumblr_lw26uiJO4r1qzwmsso5_1280.jpg

Last edited:

unique_astrology

Something has changed. I'm not sure what, but the energies from this am before my meeting at 9 and this afternoon after around 2 maybe 3 have changed. And I think they are going to remain calm into tomorrow, but then I am sensing a storm again on Wed and into Thurs. My plan is to go off the grid until the storms have passed.

Attached is your progressed natal chart with the transits for Monday.

Also a chart unique to me, a lunar return based on the Moon in your demi-solar return progressed to today.

I think your perception about today and Wednesday is correct as today your progressed Moon-Venus midpoint will be swept by the progressed IC of that return after lunch but on Wednesday the progressed IC will sweep across your progressed Moon and transit Pluto but your progressed Jupiter trines the MC at the same time so the Moon Pluto sweep may be more of a surprise than shock.

Attachments

• Julia P T.gif
    Julia P T.gif
    55.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Julia PAL PN.gif
    Julia PAL PN.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

stormborn

Thank you unique_astrology. I am not so versed with how the planets and such work, but I'm working on it. I feel it is important to work with the energy rather than against it, and that the more you know, the more effective you can be.

Osamenor, wow, that's fricken amazing re: hidden, disowned part. Nailed it. It's been a pretty bad go for the last little bit, I am finally acknowledging and accepting that as I really do just try to be positive and look for the good in things. It's just been so heavy. I'm at the gallery again today. Received another email from "D" this am. Not responding til my arts council meeting tonight with all directors having input in the response, and the suggestion that she and I meet but after June 28. :tongue: Merc should be happily on its way once again, and should D decide to meet, we should have a good healthy positive conversation.

Thank you for all your help. Cross your fingers that all goes well tonight.

Osamenor

Staff member
Received another email from "D" this am. Not responding til my arts council meeting tonight with all directors having input in the response, and the suggestion that she and I meet but after June 28. :tongue: Merc should be happily on its way once again, and should D decide to meet, we should have a good healthy positive conversation.

If, that is, she's capable of healthy, positive conversation. Not everyone is. Some people who act antagonistic won't change their ways unless and until they get forcefully told off (and some won't change their ways even then!). I have no idea if she's one of those people, but if she is, Mercury turning direct won't change her behavior.

By then, however, that combust Mars will have transited to Cancer. Right now it's transiting Gemini... I would think that would nudge everyone in the direction of verbal aggression (everything from greater assertiveness to outright nastiness), especially if it hits major trigger points for them during this transit. Unless you happen to know D's birth info, you can't know which trigger points it might be touching for her, now or then, and even if you did know that, you couldn't predict how she'd respond, because that part is everyone's free will.

So you can't reliably predict a good, healthy, positive conversation with D. You can, however, keep standing up to her, even if that means telling her off forcefully.

stormborn

Talked to my directors tonight. They felt that I was still too frustrated to speak with D calmly. I think they are right, but it feels like I failed. A fellow director T is going to call D tomorrow. I think this will make D a little angry because she is expecting me to talk to her, and here it is T who was elected to do so - she is one of the two Vice Chairs.

I keep thinking about the disowned aggression and what I could have done differently in this situation so that it would not get to the point of confrontation. I had such a great deal to do over the past month and a half that I did not pay attention and trusted another to handle certain communication. I tend to do follow ups on the follow ups but I did not this time. Because I did not, I now have this situation. That'll teach me! Saturn again! <?>

"Mercury turning direct won't change her behavior"

I never thought of that. For some reason, I thought that Merc turning direct would make people a bit more clear headed and have a positive effect. I don't know her bday. She's 70+ for sure.

JUPITERASC

Talked to my directors tonight. They felt that I was still too frustrated to speak with D calmly. I think they are right, but it feels like I failed. A fellow director T is going to call D tomorrow. I think this will make D a little angry because she is expecting me to talk to her, and here it is T who was elected to do so - she is one of the two Vice Chairs.

I keep thinking about the disowned aggression and what I could have done differently in this situation so that it would not get to the point of confrontation. I had such a great deal to do over the past month and a half that I did not pay attention and trusted another to handle certain communication. I tend to do follow ups on the follow ups but I did not this time. Because I did not, I now have this situation. That'll teach me! Saturn again! <?>

I never thought of that. For some reason, I thought that Merc turning direct would make people a bit more clear headed and have a positive effect. I don't know her bday. She's 70+ for sure.
consider the use of horary astrology which is designed to find answers to one-off questions
the natal chart promise cannot be overlooked or nullified
however
the advantage of an horary question is that it can bring answers (in skilled hands)
specifically to current situations :smile:

in order for horary to work special rules are used and if you are interested
there's information on how to ask an horary question at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards

horary astrology board is at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Osamenor

Staff member
People who hate confrontation typically do everything possible to avoid it. Since you describe yourself that way, you probably have done everything you can to avoid confrontation.

What makes you think you should handle everything in this matter yourself? If you delegate a task, doing follow ups on the follow ups is excessive. This is where I see Saturn's hand in the matter: you're listening to Saturn the trickster, who would make you take on too much responsibility. It's perfectly reasonable to delegate a task when you have too much on your plate, it's perfectly reasonable to expect whoever is handling the communication to do a good job, and it's perfectly reasonable to expect the person being communicated with (D) to respond reasonably. What were you supposed to do, micromanage everything? If you did that, it would be an unhealthy response to Saturn. If you have, in fact, been micromanaging things, that's a situation due for a shakeup right there.

Sometimes, though, people don't behave in the way that it's perfectly reasonable to expect (like D). That's a very Uranus situation, and if they turn aggressive, it's a Mars situation, too.

Confrontation can't always be avoided. The Mars energy that's getting stirred up for you naturally would create a situation in which you can't avoid confrontation no matter how hard you try. A nudge from Uranus in your house of communication perfectly fits the picture of the D situation.

I never thought of that. For some reason, I thought that Merc turning direct would make people a bit more clear headed and have a positive effect.
Planetary transits don't cause anyone's actions. People cause their own actions. All planetary transits do is change the background noise. Mercury retrograde takes the energies that empower communication and gives them a slight inward turn, making it a great time for reflection and inspiration but a somewhat more difficult time for direct communication. It's like we're collectively daydreaming a bit during a Mercury retrograde--that makes it easier to miss details, so detailed forms of communication, such as signing contracts, suffer, and people might be somewhat more inclined to assume others know what they mean when they don't.

When Mercury turns direct, direct and detailed communication gets a little easier, but that says nothing about clearheadedness or positive effects and nothing about aggression. If anything, people might get more confrontational when Mercury goes direct, because confrontation--honest confrontation, that is--is as direct a form of communication as you can get.

I don't know her bday. She's 70+ for sure.
That gives us a clue as to where her generational planets might be, but no knowledge of personal planets or house placements.

stormborn

Thank you JupiterAsc for the link to the horary information. I am not sure what question I could ask that would result in quantifiable results. I mean, I already am getting a glimpse into the characters of these people, and I would lie if I said I was not disappointed. However, to be fair, it is my own fault for having unrealistic expectations.

I am going to see if I understand my chart through the above - if I am wrong can you please correct me...

The way to success for me is through MC Libra in 10th, so I really try hard to be fair to everyone, and be diplomatic. My glasses are tinted by Neptune in Scorpio in my 11th house.

Would that be accurate?

Osamenor, before I left, I got a note that you had replied, so I printed it out and took it with me. Yesterday, I slept mostly, and while not off the grid completely as I answered a few emails, in my waking moments I thought about what you wrote.

"you're listening to Saturn the trickster, who would make you take on too much responsibility."

I did not know Saturn was a trickster.

That was a shock for me, and made me question everything I understood about him. I've always had a problem with authority, and was told I was just pigheaded and it was always my fault. So I had always dealt with Saturn on an up and up, above board manner, and accepted that authoritarianism. (I am ex military, went into CAF when I was 22 left in 97.) So I accepted that Saturn was the be all and end all of discipline and authority. I did not know he was a trickster too. That's a game changer.

I did tend to micromanage, pretty sure that is accurate. I thought that was what I had to do. Maybe my life has just gotten easier. :biggrin:

I do not know how the discussion with D has turned out, I expect I will find out tomorrow some time.

I do know that I'm not going to be putting up with some of the attitudes. My mother did a suppression number on me, I've been seeing that for the last few years, and this situation has made it clearer still. It feels like some of the mist has been wiped from the glass, or mirror - if that makes any sense.

I understand now that Neptune has just gone retrograde. That could be a good thing, right? Because if it is opposite to what is normal, then hidden could be revealed?

I know this will pass too, but I would like things to turn out for the best, not just get better. Any clues on how I can help that along would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for this discussion. I truly appreciate it.

stormborn

I know where I will be for my next solar return. Can one of you please tell me the goods bads and uglies about it? I posted it up a bit ago, but there was no discussion.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84592

Last year, I also posted up my SR for this year, it is in the forum as well. I applied for Masters but did not get accepted, and the finances did not follow through.

My hopes for this coming year 2015/16 are similar in that I would like to be accepted for MFA. It looks positive to me, but that is just the general vibes. I'm just looking for something to look forward to. There has to be some sunshine in all of this.