Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 10-05-2017, 05:38 PM

My daughter: I donít know the way forward

I feel most of my daughter’s life, I’ve been her protector. She will be 27, chart attached. I am at my wits end.

In 2015, she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. This year, we had to bail her out financially which put us into debt to do, but we felt it was the only way out for her. She went through almost 30K in one year and didn’t pay her bills - her car was repossessed. She now lives with us paying us back.

We just moved to a new city, and it is stressful for her. She was able to transfer her job, but she doesn’t like it much - but it pays very well and it has medical benefits.

She went to a dr, who is not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but with whom she had a conversation. This dr wants to put her on Zoloft. Every fibre of my being is screaming for her not to go that route, she will never come back from it. Do I butt out? I don’t know what to do.

Her natal has strong planets in Sag & Cap, but she doesn’t believe she can do stuff, instead only excuses why she cant.

She’s going through her Saturn return plus her sun is changing signs soon, I get that she’s got a lot going on. She won’t listen to any esoteric stuff, doesn’t believe in god, so she says, but I am not convinced. What to do?

The first chart is my daughter, the second is me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11471E53-897D-46D0-875D-6548861E3736.jpg (44.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg E6BD3080-CF5A-4144-BA0D-03CA4406E97D.jpg (40.2 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by stormborn; 10-05-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Chart explanations
Unread 10-05-2017, 08:00 PM

Re: My daughter: I donít know the way forward

Was she allowed to do anything on her own growing up; trying things out for herself, make her own mistakes and learning lessons from them, or were you the type of mother to be a bit too concerned for her safety?
Unread 10-05-2017, 08:52 PM

She did a lot on her own. My protection was from drugs. The friends she got herself involved in in her teenage years - like many others - were involved in the drug scene, to the point where she was suspended from school.

She always wanted to make her own mistakes and we let her. A change in her outlook seemed to come when she broke up with her boyfriend of four years. That was in 2013 I think, in the summer. I think it is understandable, but she denies any impact. I asked her about that just a few days ago.

Last edited by stormborn; 10-05-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Further info.
The Following User Says Thank You to stormborn For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (10-05-2017)
Unread 10-05-2017, 08:53 PM

I could not read the placements in the charts you posted and think that most, if not all, others will have the same problem so I have ferreted out the data and reproduced them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daughter.jpg (45.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Mother.jpg (44.6 KB, 15 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
ashriia (10-07-2017), stormborn (10-05-2017)
Unread 10-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Thank you, sir.
Unread 10-05-2017, 10:05 PM

You are welcome. I am not as good at interpretation as many here so I try to contribute in other ways.

Your daughter's Saturn return is likely to be a very hard time for her as Saturn will be joined by transits of Mercury, the Sun and Pluto.

Before that time gets here assure her that no one, nor any relationship, is the be-all, end-all of who or what she is. Saturn returns can be a time of learning difficult lessons.

If it should be that a relationship ends around then because of unforeseen circumstances or events be there to comfort and guide her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daughter Jan 2020.jpg (61.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by unique_astrology; 10-05-2017 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
stormborn (10-05-2017)
Unread 10-05-2017, 10:20 PM

Thank you.
It was a difficult time for her when she broke up with her boyfriend. We were there for her as much as she would allow.

From your chart, I can see there is some heavy time coming up for her in the next three years. I just hope she survives it. I don’t know how to reach her as she refuses any metaphysical talk, though I’ve tried explaining what happened for me at my last Saturn return. We are trying to get her to a psychologist, she is supposed to be picking one to go to. She has a fog around her, if she would just see clearly, I know she would do well. How to burn it away or make it dissipate?

[Deleted birth information for daughter because it is against the rules to post someone else's birth details without their informed consent. - Moderator]

Last edited by Osamenor; 10-06-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Unread 10-05-2017, 10:48 PM

I just noticed that my astrology program showed the birth time as being Mountain Daylight Time in December. Was that correct?

The angles of my chart appear to match those on the chart you posted.

Attaching your relocated charts,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daughter BC.jpg (45.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Mother BC.jpg (45.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by unique_astrology; 10-05-2017 at 10:53 PM.
stormborn (10-05-2017)
Unread 10-05-2017, 10:54 PM

I had to check!! I knew most of Saskatchewan doesn’t change time zones, it is Central Standard Time. We were either in sync with AB or in sync with MB. Daylight time changes for us here in Victoria early Nov I think - coming up soon.

I just saw the tags on this thread, and they are “daughter, don’t, forward, medical”, so maybe that’s my answer? I believe in synchronicity but maybe I am just looking for signs that reaffirm my own hopes.

Ps my bday is dec 2 1962 940 am calgary mst I believe.

Last edited by stormborn; 10-06-2017 at 01:37 AM.
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:07 PM

I do not mean where the chart was located physically but what time zone was being used by that city on that day. There have been times when cities have observed DST or ST in winter months. Please check and provide the source for your answer.

Thanks.

Bob

ETA: I think the MDT chart is correct as it has Mars on the Asc while the MST chart has Venus on the Desc and Jupiter on the IC and based on your brief remarks about her it seems she is more inclined to be headstrong and not as sweet as the first breath of Spring [just trying to be accurate ].

Last edited by unique_astrology; 10-05-2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added an opinion
stormborn (10-05-2017)
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:10 PM

Sure. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Saskatchewan

It is 6 hours from Greenwich time.
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:30 PM

Thank you.

Using CST yields the same chart as MDT, indeed a 6 hour time difference from UT or GMT but Moosejaw's longitude (105įW32') is really 7 hours in longitude from Greenwich [105į32' / 15 = 7:02:08]. It is good to get that right.
stormborn (10-05-2017)
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:56 PM

She can be super sweet, but yes she is headstrong. She has difficulty finishing anything. Our charts are very intertwined it seems. Iím trying to do my best for her, but my Pisces Chiron is relentless.
Unread 10-06-2017, 12:25 AM

Without going in to details the evening of January 11th and early hours of January 12th, 2020 (a weekend), extreme care should be taken to not leave an opening for trouble to arise. No partying, not going out in public, for company - somebody or only people she absolutely trusts. Use common sense to diminish the possibilities, remembering that you cannot control what may happen to loved ones or actions they may take.
stormborn (10-06-2017)
Unread 10-06-2017, 12:31 AM

Thank you. I have set a calendar reminder yearly with a link to this thread.

She told me just recently that she never thought she would live very long - I put it down to fear of missing out on things her friends older siblings were doing. Now I am wondering about that too.
Unread 10-06-2017, 12:40 AM

Hi,

Your daughter is a very rebellious and defiant sort of a person that is tough to control. If her time of birth is correct, she has Mars right on her Asc. She is also quite prone to falls and accident, cuts and bruises, and care should also be taken from fire. Was she a Caesarian child?

She is quite intelligent and sharp, both mentally, but also in the things she says sometimes.

Sun and Jupiter in her chart have mutual dignity, so her partner house and her parental home are strong and favourable for her. Both her luminaries are very strong, the Moon in Cancer, and her Sun in Sag. Both parents care deeply for her. However, she might be more defiant towards the mother due to the Uranus-Moon opposition. Her dad could be well educated

Not sure if she has gained higher education or not, but she sure has the ability for it. 9th house is ruled by Saturn, which is well placed in Cap. What is she doing career wise? She has a good career house, too.

She has transiting Saturn on her Venus, and will soon be entering her 8th house. Well, it already did actually and perhaps that is why her debts surfaced. 8th house also stands for addictions, so she should be extremely careful the complete next year, too. There is an inherent fear of losing oneself and of the unknown.

ďSome people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.Ē óParamahansa Yogananda

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-06-2017 at 12:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
stormborn (10-06-2017)
Unread 10-06-2017, 12:45 AM

In her relocated chart Neptune is the most elevated planet - get my drift because of it's connection to altered states and addiction. Between now and January 2020 the space between that Neptune and her Saturn will be occupied by 'no foolin' Pluto.

It is hard to post some of this stuff but addicts will do almost anything to satisfy their cravings, including not being honest with loving, concerned family members. Just sayin'.

Added: There are positive associations with a prominent Neptune: Sensitivity, artistic talent (music, art, acting, dancing, singing, etc,), spirituality (not religiosity). If your daughter shows no interest in any of those areas perhaps you could try steering her towards one of them.

Last edited by unique_astrology; 10-06-2017 at 01:10 AM.
stormborn (10-06-2017)
Unread 10-06-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Hi,

Your daughter is a very rebellious and defiant sort of a person that is tough to control. If her time of birth is correct, she has Mars right on her Asc. She is also quite prone to falls and accident, cuts and bruises, and care should also be taken from fire. Was she a Caesarian child?

She is quite intelligent and sharp, both mentally, but also in the things she says sometimes.

Sun and Jupiter in her chart have mutual dignity, so her partner house and her parental home are strong and favourable for her. Both her luminaries are very strong, the Moon in Cancer, and her Sun in Sag. Both parents care deeply for her. However, she might be more defiant towards the mother due to the Uranus-Moon opposition. Her dad could be well educated

Not sure if she has gained higher education or not, but she sure has the ability for it. 9th house is ruled by Saturn, which is well placed in Cap. What is she doing career wise? She has a good career house, too.

She has transiting Saturn on her Venus, and will soon be entering her 8th house. Well, it already did actually and perhaps that is why her debts surfaced. 8th house also stands for addictions, so she should be extremely careful the complete next year, too. There is an inherent fear of losing oneself and of the unknown.
Hi, thank you for all of this. She is very very smart, but does not give herself the credit or confidence. I tell her that and she goes into victim mode. Every time she is doing well with money or diet or such, and I tell her so, she sabotages her success. I am not allowed to tell her when she is doing well.

She went to college & to university, but did not finish. She cites her inability to budget because she can’t add and subtract. (Yes she can, because when she isn’t thinking about what she can’t do, she does it.) Career wise, she is working at a salad bar in a grocery store. Pays super well, union, plus medical & vision benefits. It is the only thing that is stable in her life and she fights it constantly. Doesn’t like working there. She’s been there for 9? Years? Maybe coming to 10? the only reason she stayed is because we forced her with logic. Thank god she listened to that - sorta. She’s interested in business, but doesn’t want to do the education.

She is not a drug user yet. When she was growing up, I kept thinking if I could get her to 21 she will be home free. Then it became 25. Now I wonder if there is an end?

She was natural, all my kids were. Yes, we love her very much. She rebels against me tremendously. I have to be very careful what I say otherwise she goes the other way. The only advantage we have here is that we are controlling her funds so she can’t spend anything. My husband and I did wonder if she was actually buying stuff for other people which is why she went through all those funds - that is what our gut is telling us but she said no when we asked.

When she gets sick, she gets really sick. Now, with the diabetes, if she gets sick, her numbers go super high, and she is down for the count for a week or more. Has she taken responsibility for her diet? Hmm, jury is out on that one but I suspect not. She is fortunate enough to live in a suite in our house, it is self contained so she has her independence. Maybe we are indulging her too much?

She is no stranger to alternate truth.

Last edited by stormborn; 10-06-2017 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Additional info.
Unread 10-06-2017, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique_astrology View Post
In her relocated chart Neptune is the most elevated planet - get my drift because of it's connection to altered states and addiction. Between now and January 2020 the space between that Neptune and her Saturn will be occupied by 'no foolin' Pluto.

It is hard to post some of this stuff but addicts will do almost anything to satisfy their cravings, including not being honest with loving, concerned family members. Just sayin'.

Added: There are positive associations with a prominent Neptune: Sensitivity, artistic talent (music, art, acting, dancing, singing, etc,), spirituality (not religiosity). If your daughter shows no interest in any of those areas perhaps you could try steering her towards one of them.
Thank you. I am encouraging her in the art. She really enjoyed the theatre in high school, maybe that is something I can encourage her towards here, as there is a bigger theatre scene in Victoria than our last place of residence.

Iíve given her some of my artist supplies, hoping she will go that way. She refuses to discuss any esoterica - astrology, psychic ability (which I think she has - maybe like me she is a sponge and doesnít know what is hers and what is others) - anything along that line. She told me she thinks she will just go back to energy with nothing else, no consciousness etc. I told her maybe she is Stoic, and gave her Marcus Aurelius to read. She wonít read anything I give her.
Unread 10-06-2017, 02:31 PM

Honestly, with her Sun and Venus in Sag, I wouldn't give her out and out advice at all. You'll feel like chains and she might try to run. She might already feel chained to you, with the money she owes you. Sags value independence over almost everything. They can't be bossed. Mars on the asc will extenuate the need to feel in charge of herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she purposefully does the exact opposite of what you suggest just because she can't let you be in charge of her. She might want to do what you want her to do, but then do a complete 180 if you suggest it.

Sags think they know everything. Don't push your esoteric beliefs on her. If she believes they're not true, you're not going to change her mind. And if she doesn't believe in God, trying to force her to (even gently saying "want to go to church/pray with me?" can feel like you're forcing) could alienate her.

Let her do her Saturn Return on her own. That's the point of growing up, you have to figure it out on your own. It's a time to make mistakes. Of course starting addictive pills is a giant mistake, and you should let her know you're always there for her, and don't encourage it, but... don't let her know you're trying to get her to do what YOU want her to do. It will backfire.

Her Moon in Cancer, opposed Uranus is a confusing one to me. Especially with a Sag sun. Those energies just aren't very compatible. I'm not sure how, emotionally, she manages to have any clue what she wants or need. She needs family, warmth, predictability, but she also needs distance. Your struggle is to figure out how to be there for her without suffocating her.

Being her protector is insulting to someone with strong Mars. She's the warrior/protector, not the victim. At least in her mind. Another reason to try to back off. She has to come into her own warrior self and she can't do that if you're usurping the role.

I'm not sure if any of this helped but... good luck! I know it's hard to back off when it's your child. It was good of you to be her protector growing up. It's hard to let go, but it has to be done <3
The Following User Says Thank You to Nymzie For This Useful Post:
stormborn (10-06-2017)
Unread 10-06-2017, 07:23 PM

Thank you Nymzie. I think you are pretty much spot on. I had a fitful couple nights thinking about this, and any which way I spin her taking the Zoloft she loses. She has to come to that conclusion herself. We have told her to do her research and make her decision, Iím hoping that with the offer of a psychologist she will give up the drug idea. We are supposed to talk this weekend.

I am doing my best to keep my mouth shut. She has problems with authority, same as I did/do. Weíre both strong Sags and we both think we know everything.

Any esoteric stuff is a taboo subject and I donít discuss those things with her, however, I suggested maybe she get a reading when I go, and she was interested - didnít say no. Since then, I had a mini reading from one of the psychics on facebook, you know, where they say ask a question etc, so I asked do you have anything for my daughter? Guidance? And his response was that she had cut herself off from her source, and I think he is completely on point.

She has to figure it out.

I agree with you she doesnít seem to know what she wants or needs, and she has admitted as much. What I donít understand is why she canít think about the future! Itís like it doesnít exist. Everything is here and now, and there are no perceived ramifications - that is the completely bizarre part.

For example, she just had a colposcopy and the results were favorable, but she has to go back for a follow up in January. I asked her if she was going to phone in December to book an appointment for Jan and she said theyíll phone her. If it were me, I would be marking my calendar to follow up. She doesnít see the need ... same with her finances. She thought they would just sort themselves out. ???

Iím working on letting go, I really am. It is good to know/be reinforced that my instinct on this drug stuff is bad for her. For the 2020 January dates, Iím going to conveniently have some sort of thing planned to take care of that. She is no stranger to risky behavior, but maybe by then sheíll have woken up a little.
Unread 10-07-2017, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormborn View Post
She is very very smart, but does not give herself the credit or confidence. I tell her that and she goes into victim mode. Every time she is doing well with money or diet or such, and I tell her so, she sabotages her success. I am not allowed to tell her when she is doing well.
Here is the thing, you have some Scorpio energy and also Sun-Pluto and Mercury-Pluto aspects. You, mother dear, can be a bit bossy or come across as quite controlling to her, a Sag Sun, Gemini Asc. with Mars on the Asc. She cannot take any 'commands' or 'I know it better' people. The problem is that, whilst you both have excellent aspects to get along with each other, like all that common Sag energy, etc., Sag is also a sign that can be rather prudish and a know-it-all sign. One that cannot take advice from others easily because they think they know it all. So, advice is that when you talk to her (and she is an adult), you need to make it sound like you are having a discussion with her, not a mother that knows better and the daughter better listen. Be her friend. Invite her to advise you on things, too, so you establish a friendship with her.
Quote:
She went to college & to university, but did not finish. She cites her inability to budget because she can’t add and subtract. (Yes she can, because when she isn’t thinking about what she can’t do, she does it.) Career wise, she is working at a salad bar in a grocery store. Pays super well, union, plus medical & vision benefits. It is the only thing that is stable in her life and she fights it constantly. Doesn’t like working there. She’s been there for 9? Years? Maybe coming to 10? the only reason she stayed is because we forced her with logic. Thank god she listened to that - sorta. She’s interested in business, but doesn’t want to do the education.
I have to say that, after seeing her chart, I am a bit disappointed that she did not obtain/complete higher education. What a shame because her 9th (higher education) and her 10th house (career) ruler, Saturn, is dignified and strong. Also, a Gem, with a Mercury-Uranus conj., Mars on the Asc. --> all give an above average grasping power. Inside, she knows that "working at a salad bar in a grocery store" is too unfulfilling for her. It is absolutely not challenging enough for her mental abilities. The only good thing about it perhaps is that she deals with people directly, and she is a people's person with the Sun in the 7th house, Gem on the Asc. and Mars right there. She should really consider resuming her education again. Her main problem with Ura-Mer, a Gem Asc. with Mars there is that she has poor concentration power and lacks the ability to pull through. These are aspects that need continual excitement, so the native with such aspects is great at starting new things (because of the curiosity factor and the excitement involved in the beginning), but often lacks the perseverance to pull through and see the project through to the end.

Quote:
She was natural, all my kids were.
Thank you for the feedback. Does she have any birth marks? Or, did she fall often as a child (most children do, but you know some will bump against everything almost), or was she a bit hyper as a child? I am trying to understand the Gem Asc. and Mars right there.
Quote:
Yes, we love her very much. She rebels against me tremendously.
She has a powerful Moon, in Cancer, so she loves you a lot too. However, read the beginning of this post. She will rebel if she gets the feel that you are lording over her, or giving her a list of 'do's and don't's'. She cannot take that, and that makes her Moon-Ura and the Mars on the Asc. act up and she can fight you off and be very defiant. She is a very freedom-loving person, so you have to give her the feeling that you are discussing things with her, having a conversation with her, but not commanding her.

Quote:
The only advantage we have here is that we are controlling her funds so she can’t spend anything.
This quote is the perfect example I can use to explain the paragraph I wrote just before this one. If you were to give her the feeling that you are "controlling" her thru controlling her funds, it will not go well for long, and she will do something behind your back as an act of rebellion. If you, however, conveyed the message to her that you are acting like a bank, where her money is safe (like a depoait) and are actually just helping out, and perhaps sort of give her an example of a situation where she helped you out in some way, then again it puts both parties on equal pedestals. Not a mummy & daddy telling the daughter when she can use her funds and when not.
Quote:
My husband and I did wonder if she was actually buying stuff for other people which is why she went through all those funds - that is what our gut is telling us but she said no when we asked.
So, here is the thing with her financial situation per Astrology. Her second house ruler, Mercury, is in the 8th house, so she has a knack of putting herself in debt. Also, she can splurge sporadically given the Uranus-Merc. conjunction. Also, it is generally not good to have a house ruler in the 8th house. See, for native's that have the 8th house ruler in the 2nd house, that usually means that they benefit from others' money. Often the partner will bring them money (8th house is the partner's finances). Also, she has the Moon in the 2nd house, so the finances are not stable (just like the Moon waxes and wanes). However, luckily, the Moon is well placed in Cancer, so she will not be hand-to-mouth, as there will always be someone saving her. Mostly, the Mother (Moon) will always help her out with finances. Or, often some woman will help her out.

Quote:
When she gets sick, she gets really sick. Now, with the diabetes, if she gets sick, her numbers go super high, and she is down for the count for a week or more. Has she taken responsibility for her diet?
Asc. or the first house is the house of health and physical constitution, and her Asc. ruler, Merc. is in the 8th house. Like I just said, it is not good to have a house ruler in the 8th. The health is her weak point. She also has Mars on the Asc. Another factor that makes her prone to accidents (often to do with movement - Gem is the sign for that) and with driving she should also be careful. The diabetes comes from Venus in Sag in an aspect to Jupiter in Leo. Both Leo and Sag are signs that overdo things, and Jupiter is a planets that loves overdoing things, too.
She likes to have a good time with people. That could also include alcohol or partying, etc. Can I ask if the diabetes problem was inherited from either of the parents'?

ďSome people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.Ē óParamahansa Yogananda

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-07-2017 at 03:56 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
animatedoodle (10-07-2017), stormborn (10-07-2017)
Unread 10-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Aquarius7000, you are very accurate and there is much truth in what you say. I know I can come off as bossy, and she has said that. I am trying to be more moderate in what I say, but I get so scared because in an instant I can see the ‘future’ or ‘future possibilities’ and they can be terrifying.

She and I had a talk not long ago, and she told me that I move too fast for her, that I don’t give enough time for her to respond. I joked and said, what, you want more than 5 seconds to reply? That is a lifetime for me. She did laugh. I think we both learned a bit about each other.

I have decided I am going to see a counselor as well in order to be more effective in our communication. I think she was surprised when I told her this. I’ve never been very good at faking anything - especially calmness - so I need to figure out how it to be genuine.

We have talked about her going back to school but she has no funds. We are working on her paying off her current obligations - both us, and the bank. That is where her money is going, she has to do that before she can do anything else. She gets an allowance that she can do with whatever she wants. We promised her one year free rent until she gets her money under control, and she is at a point now where she should be able to pay for her own groceries. That’s a huge step forward. The problem as you noted is her health. She is still living pay Cheque to pay cheque, because she doesn’t feel good sometimes which affects how many hours she works. Re: diabetes, comes from my dad, and I am a bit nervous with the upcoming Jup to my Sun Asc that I may become afflicted too. Is that possible?

Re: her birthmark - she has an area of no pigment on her tummy which goes from just under her rib cage to below her belly button, almost like she has carried over a wound - an operation, or punishment - from a previous life where her tummy was cut open and maybe she didn’t survive. It is about 2 inches wide. I do not remember any other skin birthmarks. She was not really hyper as a child, but she always placed other people above her family. I never understood that. She never really fell all that much, and she’s had one accident where she totaled her car last year, 2 June where she rear ended a woman who’s husband was a lawyer. She got a new (used) car but instead of paying for the car with the insurance money, she got a loan and spent the insurance money. A few months later, she defaulted on her car insurance, which we bailed her out of in December as she was going to those instant credit people. Then she defaulted on them. Finally in April when her car was repossessed and we had a bailiff knocking on our door, we had enough, and got more involved and took over her finances which led to a lot of the sanctions we imposed on her to get her back on track. It’s been a long road.

We will talk again about education. Since her car was repossessed, and her credit cards were not paid, her credit rating has tanked. But maybe we could get something started in a student loan for the new year. I know she is interested, but she has difficulty maintaining that interest as you noted, and as I have seen, where she doesn’t finish. I was like that too, until I learned (from the military) how to access stamina. She has it too, she just doesn’t know how to get to it. She would be a brilliant psychologist or social worker. She is meant to help people I know that, and I have told her that. I think she knows down deep too. You have provided another way in for that discussion, thank you.

I am not sure I understand what you mean about rulers in the 8th house. I do understand that she has a knack of putting herself in debt but I think this mom has finally learned how to provide boundaries for what I will allow and not enable. Thanks Saturn. I have my moon in 2 as well, so I get how difficult it is to monitor funds, but at least I am trying. She needs to try too. I can forgive almost anything if someone is at least trying.

Ps, one of the things she told us a few days ago is that she has anxiety because she replays conversations over and over in her mind, and then (I think she said) that she loses grip on what really happened. She’s lost confidence in speaking with people, and she said she doesn’t want to be around people. I am not sure of the extent of that, it just reminded me when you spoke earlier of gem & people.

Last edited by stormborn; 10-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Unread 10-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
...I have decided I am going to see a counselor as well in order to be more effective in our communication. I think she was surprised when I told her this. I’ve never been very good at faking anything - especially calmness - so I need to figure out how it to be genuine.
Excellent decision to talk to a counsellor. Be honest with the counsellor. Also, faking is never good because it doesn't last long. A bit of a tricky situation and there comes out the real you. Yes, your chart clearly shows a person that can be very overbearing and overwhelming for the other party. Your intentions are good, but the style needs some fine tuning, and there the counselling should help.
This is a good point to show off to your daughter and perhaps let her know that we all need to be self aware of what we need to improve in ourselves and take action. Give her your example. That will convey the message to her.

Quote:
We have talked about her going back to school but she has no funds. We are working on her paying off her current obligations - both us, and the bank. That is where her money is going, she has to do that before she can do anything else. She gets an allowance that she can do with whatever she wants. We promised her one year free rent until she gets her money under control, and she is at a point now where she should be able to pay for her own groceries. That’s a huge step forward.
Here is the thing, just keep in mind that as her age increases, her interest in wanting to resume education might decline. Also, she might get involved in other things and lose interest in higher education. So, whatever your requisites or issues might be, as of now, with her resuming education, I would suggest (obviously you know best) that if she is really serious about taking up education again right now, let her do so. Of course, counsel her and let her know that she needs to complete whatever she starts. Let her study what she feels like. She can teach counselling even. She has Aquarius on her tenth house, so, if not computers, she will do social work. The Aquarius energy is great at that.

Quote:
The problem as you noted is her health. She is still living pay Cheque to pay cheque, because she doesn’t feel good sometimes which affects how many hours she works. Re: diabetes, comes from my dad, and I am a bit nervous with the upcoming Jup to my Sun Asc that I may become afflicted too. Is that possible?
Try to cut white sugar out of your diet as much as you can. Stick to fruit for that sweet taste. Don't even touch aerated drinks and coke, mountain dew, etc. Also, anything with white flour is extremely bad. Like cakes, cookies, white bread and rolls, pretzels, etc. You sure have the tendency for the ailment also.

Quote:
Re: her birthmark - she has an area of no pigment on her tummy which goes from just under her rib cage to below her belly button
Can I ask how your daughter is to look at? I mean is she thin and sort of wiry. Does she have red hair or sort of redness in her complexion/ skin? Does she have a rugged look about her self (style of dressing might be boisterous)? Did she have a problem with acne or ulcers? Does she have marks or flecks on her face/ head area?
Quote:
She was not really hyper as a child, but she always placed other people above her family.
I think I touched upon this in one of my earlier posts that she has the Sun and Jupiter in mutual dignity. Her Sun rules her 4th house (parental home), but is in the 7th (Others), whilst her Jupiter rules her 7th house and is in her 4th. She feels that 'others' are her family.
Quote:
She never really fell all that much, and she’s had one accident where she totaled her car last year, 2 June where she rear ended a woman who’s husband was a lawyer. She got a new (used) car but instead of paying for the car with the insurance money, she got a loan and spent the insurance money. A few months later, she defaulted on her car insurance, which we bailed her out of
This too I touched upon earlier, she has a problem with movement and locomotion incl. commute. Gemini rules car driving of short distances and she has Mars in Gem on her Asc. Her car wrecks is something you might need to get used to, and she MUST exercise great caution there, so she doesn't have physical injuries. Cars can be replaced, but not physical organs that easily. I am SO relieved that, with that position of Mars, she does not have a Uranus-Mars aspect. That would not have been good.
Quote:
I am not sure I understand what you mean about rulers in the 8th house. I do understand that she has a knack of putting herself in debt
The second half of your sentence is the answer to the first half of your sentence.

All in all, one thing for you to remember is that whilst you might have learnt to deal with certain issues that she faces (like money matters and the Moon in the second house), she is not the same age as you and does not yet have all the life experience that you do. So comparisons should certainly not be put across to her as comparisons, but as suggestions.

Her anxiety in dealing with others will stop in about 4-5 months from now.

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-07-2017 at 04:54 PM.
stormborn (10-08-2017)
Unread 10-07-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
She did a lot on her own. My protection was from drugs. The friends she got herself involved in in her teenage years - like many others - were involved in the drug scene, to the point where she was suspended from school...
Just read this part, so much after the mile long posts I wrote. And, in one of those posts I mentioned that there is a danger with her getting involved with drugs.

This remains life long and not only with drugs like crack, etc., but also with regular prescribed medicines, where she might do an overdose, or get addicted to opiod, which is quite a racket right now. One more thing, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to keep her AWAY from anti-depression or anti-anxiety drugs. In America, doctors are VERY quick at prescribing such drugs and people are even quicker at taking them. Those could ruin her.

Sports and Yoga are her safest and most effective bet.

Last edited by aquarius7000; 10-07-2017 at 06:49 PM.
stormborn (10-08-2017)

Tags
daughter, donít, forward, medical