Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 07-16-2012, 11:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress
The Dark love of Scorpio

I've read bout it a lot of times regarding the intensity, jealousy, possessiveness but what is it really like? Why is it termed 'dark'?

I would love to know the thoughts & feelings behind these emotions & 'plutonian' kinds of relationships so please share.

Unread 07-16-2012, 12:37 PM

Re: The Dark love of Scorpio

It is like the love with:

Obsession, control, power struggle, S & M, Pleasure and Pain, Death and Rebirth, intensity beyond imagination, in the dark but see the light, fated, love like as if no tomorrow, you love and you hate,

You want to be One in all forms and in all lives.

Sources:

1) Personal experiences of dating lovers with Pluto in 7th/conjunction with DC.

2) Myself in Western Tropical being a Scorpio Sun with Stellium (Pluto, Saturn, Sun & Mercury), Mars in 1st ruler of Stellium with Pluto and mutual reception with Mercury and Pluto at 0'11 in Scorpio.

In sidereal, Jupiter in Scorprio conjuncts IC, SN and ruler of 8th and 5th house.
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackempress View Post
I've read bout it a lot of times regarding the intensity, jealousy, possessiveness but what is it really like? Why is it termed 'dark'?

I would love to know the thoughts & feelings behind these emotions & 'plutonian' kinds of relationships so please share.
I have both Pluto and Mars in Scorpio. In relationships of any kind I want depth; and not just penetrating the surface a bit, but instead as deep as I can possibly go. Seems to be the trademark 'all or nothing' of the placement, which in my case at least is true. I want intensity because it's real, those extremes are where the truth is. I want the good, bad, beautiful and ugly of a person, I want to see it all, feel it all, embrace it all. As for possessiveness, my own take on it is that when I'm in a romantic relationship, it's like a fusion for me, and I'm possessive of my space and all that's within it. It's mine, after all, and I claim it, defend it, fight for it. Why is Scorpio love 'dark' to some? I think it's the intensity itself, the exposure. There are no superficialities in love with me, I desire to see and embrace the depths of a person's soul, wholly. And this seems to be transformative to some extent for those I get involved with, as inner truth is inevitably exposed, shadows faced, problems resolved. I think 'love is war' might be a good phrase to keep in mind when thinking about Mars wearing the face of Scorpio.
The Following User Says Thank You to stainedBlue For This Useful Post:
Blackempress (07-16-2012)
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedBlue View Post
I have both Pluto and Mars in Scorpio. In relationships of any kind I want depth; and not just penetrating the surface a bit, but instead as deep as I can possibly go. Seems to be the trademark 'all or nothing' of the placement, which in my case at least is true. I want intensity because it's real, those extremes are where the truth is. I want the good, bad, beautiful and ugly of a person, I want to see it all, feel it all, embrace it all. As for possessiveness, my own take on it is that when I'm in a romantic relationship, it's like a fusion for me, and I'm possessive of my space and all that's within it. It's mine, after all, and I claim it, defend it, fight for it. Why is Scorpio love 'dark' to some? I think it's the intensity itself, the exposure. There are no superficialities in love with me, I desire to see and embrace the depths of a person's soul, wholly. And this seems to be transformative to some extent for those I get involved with, as inner truth is inevitably exposed, shadows faced, problems resolved. I think 'love is war' might be a good phrase to keep in mind when thinking about Mars wearing the face of Scorpio.
I have sun conj venus squ pluto, pluto rising. Ruler of sun/venus in scorpio.

In a nutshell Stainedblue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyi View Post
You want to be One in all forms and in all lives.
I like the way you put this! A big dose of Pluto there. Nice to have you here.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedBlue View Post
I think 'love is war' might be a good phrase to keep in mind when thinking about Mars wearing the face of Scorpio.
I love the way you described it. That's exactly what I've been looking for... an emotional expression of this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I cee View Post
I have sun conj venus squ pluto, pluto rising. Ruler of sun/venus in scorpio.
!
Care to put in more words? I'd love the details of the Venus/Pluto.
Unread 07-16-2012, 06:46 PM

Love how you expressed that, stainedblue! Not sure I could've said it any better myself. Neptune, Sun, Mercury, NNode all in intercepted Scorpy fourth house, with Neptune, ruling my eighth, sitting on my IC. All Scorpio planets but Neptune, plus Saturn in early Sagg, all square my first-house Pluto, and trine my eighth-house Pisces Mars. If it ain't all-or-nothing, it doesn't even register on my radar...
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
may28gemini

Pluto was obsessed and was stalking Proserpina for a very long time. He knew her mother wouldn't allow him to marry her but he wanted her at all cost, regardless of whether Proserpina wanted him or not. He kidnapped her and held her hostage in his home and then tricked her into staying in the underworld with him because she ate one of his kingdom's fruit (pomegranate).

That's the Plutonian way to love- stalking the object of affection, forcing the "object" person to have stay, keeping them by control and manipulation and if they run away, hound them for eternity. I'm sure Scorpio added in the phrase "until death do us part" in wedding vows.

Last edited by may28gemini; 07-16-2012 at 07:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
JenniferThiesing (11-03-2012), ptolemy (07-19-2012)
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Well, if I might be so bold as to offer a qualification on that, May28Gemini..... The Pluto/Proserpina myth embodies what I would have to call the *unconscious,* younger-soul expresson of Plutonian/Scorpionic love... My interpretation of this archetype, at its core level, is that Pluto/Scorpio offers the teaching of the differentiation between all that we call *control,* and all that comprises *true power*... Control is based on fear, manipulation of others to keep them in our lives; Power is based on love, which must be real-ized within, first, and then it can be freely offered to others unconditionally... Just my take...
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
Pluto was obsessed and was stalking Proserpina for a very long time. He knew her mother wouldn't allow him to marry her but he wanted her at all cost, regardless of whether Proserpina wanted him or not. He kidnapped her and held her hostage in his home and then tricked her into staying in the underworld with him because she ate one of his kingdom's fruit (pomegranate).

That's the Plutonian way to love- stalking the object of affection, forcing the "object" person to have stay, keeping them by control and manipulation and if they run away, hound them for eternity. I'm sure Scorpio added in the phrase "until death do us part" in wedding vows.
I agree!!!

Unread 07-16-2012, 08:21 PM

I think that 'dark' is one of the best words for Scorpio love, and the life of the Scorpio in general. I don't think its simply a cultural phenomenon that we've come to associate darkness with intense emotions and fate, or that we associate light with civilisation and hope for the future. We have of course taken it a step further and tended to judge the 'dark' side of life as less worthy and less palatable, but I think the associations we make with dark and light are essentially archetypal rather than cultural.

On the level of close relationships, when we play the wounded Scorpio we want to hide in the shadows and try to pull strings and gain knowledge without the risk of further hurt and humiliation. The wound and the defence seem to come from some dark place within which we would not want to bring into the light of day for others to see. There is a lack of trust, for we are in touch with our own darkness and therefore know that all people ultimately partake to some extent of the same deeply embedded sense of jungle law.

For the more evolved Scorpio, there is a willingness to patiently and non-judgementally give the other the space to bring out parts of their own psyche that have been hidden in some dark place.

On the level of society, it always seems somehow appropriate that the taboo behaviour or ritual is carried out in some dark cellar or such like. Not just because of the need for secrecy, but because the act would lose its potency if carried out in the presence of light. Somehow the darkness is perhaps a symbol for the psychological cauldron in which we we must 'cook' these powerful feelings until they are purified and transformed. And the darkness is unknown - we cannot see it - Scorpio is concerned with the integration of unconscious energies. The unfathomable source of these energies needs to be honoured, and to try to illuminate them to soon would be to lose them.

When we are struggling with Scorpio emotions, we may have to just accept that the feeling of darkness may never go away, and only then do things start to move.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
JenniferThiesing (11-03-2012), Our3Minds (12-07-2012), poyi (07-17-2012), zona967 (10-30-2012)
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
may28gemini

LOL I know Sandra! We're both very similar in chart and would get very FREAKED out by this kind of love!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowflash View Post
Well, if I might be so bold as to offer a qualification on that, May28Gemini..... The Pluto/Proserpina myth embodies what I would have to call the *unconscious,* younger-soul expresson of Plutonian/Scorpionic love... My interpretation of this archetype, at its core level, is that Pluto/Scorpio offers the teaching of the differentiation between all that we call *control,* and all that comprises *true power*... Control is based on fear, manipulation of others to keep them in our lives; Power is based on love, which must be real-ized within, first, and then it can be freely offered to others unconditionally... Just my take...
Yes, I think that's quite astute! However, I have yet to encounter any evolved Scorpio in their expression of love. My Dad is very Scorpio (you can look at his chart in my album) and he loves (notice it's the present form of the word) my Mom in the Scorpio way that I described, even though they've been divorced for nearly a decade and he's married to someone else. My Dad also loved me in a very Scorpio way as well... until my Gemini ran away and didn't come back. Now he loves me with his Aquarius moon. Still... Scorpio love is serious sh-it and it is forever, for better or worse, in life or death. youch!
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
LOL I know Sandra! We're both very similar in chart and would get very FREAKED out by this kind of love!!

Yes, indeed!!!

Unread 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM

I'll certainly give you girls *that,* without qualification -- that unconscious Scorpio/Plutonian "love" IS scary as a heart attack, for sure! And I'd always support anyone running for their lives from that, cuz it's not really love! Although, of course, most younger-soul Scorps who felt such compulsive attachment to you wouldn't likely be able to recognize that. Real love isn't *about* being captured/enspelled/controlled at all, and being the object of that kind of "attention" literally feels like being emprisoned...especially if the relationship began on a sexual level. Once the spell starts to fade, the uglies become entirely obvious...

However...love offered by a more-conscious/evolved and self-aware Scorpio/Plutonian is like nothing else...and also carries an important preface: If you're afraid of or even ambivalent about being totally *seen,* or having the very depths of you engaged truly soul-to-soul, relationship with them is probably best left to others similarly inclined...
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I'll certainly give you girls *that,* without qualification -- that unconscious Scorpio/Plutonian "love" IS scary as a heart attack, for sure! And I'd always support anyone running for their lives from that, cuz it's not really love! Although, of course, most younger-soul Scorps who felt such compulsive attachment to you wouldn't likely be able to recognize that. Real love isn't *about* being captured/enspelled/controlled at all, and being the object of that kind of "attention" literally feels like being emprisoned...especially if the relationship began on a sexual level. Once the spell starts to fade, the uglies become entirely obvious...

However...love offered by a more-conscious/evolved and self-aware Scorpio/Plutonian is like nothing else...and also carries an important preface: If you're afraid of or even ambivalent about being totally *seen,* or having the very depths of you engaged truly soul-to-soul, relationship with them is probably best left to others similarly inclined...
You're a dreamer...

Unread 07-17-2012, 12:05 AM

Um...huh? LOL Sorry, not sure exactly what ya meant by that, can you clarify please? Thanks...
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:34 AM

Unaspected moon in Scorpio in the 10th, less than a degree from the 11t cusp, ruler of Cancer on the 8th house cusp. . I have Pluto in Libra in the 8th house, Jupiter conj Uranus in Cancer in the eight house. Sag rising, again the Jupiter connection in the 8th house.
Dark works, powerful works, intense works. But it's not out front in my day to day life. But it does add a succinct flavor to parts of my life.
I am involved in BDSM, and have been using astrology to help understand what makes people tick, what drives them to be who they are. Astrology is complex enough, but applying it to BDSM is even more complex, but beautifully so.

Last edited by Sentient0ne; 07-17-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Unread 07-17-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Um...huh? LOL Sorry, not sure exactly what ya meant by that, can you clarify please? Thanks...
That
Quote:
truly soul-to-soul
do not exist...someone always calculate,unfortunately...

Unread 07-17-2012, 01:58 AM

I always have these types of relationships - super intense, possessive, obsessive, jealous etc. It's a two-way dream/nightmare.

But when I think about them conceptually, I am completely turned off. I was talking to a friend about this just yesterday. Those dynamics just sound so gross to me and my gem moon. But then I think maybe it's only unappealing if it isn't reciprocal, because as he pointed out, that is always what I appear to be pursuing in romance. I guess nonreciprocal equates to stalking though, and I doubt many people at all find that pleasant.

I like a combination of freedom and intense devotion.

Unread 07-17-2012, 02:09 AM

Ah, I see, Sandra0406. Thanks for explaining! Although, with respect, I must take issue with you there, as it's literally impossible for you to know whether such bonds "do or do not exist"... And since I've personally experienced this, I can tell you firsthand that it does occur, and praise be to all that's holy that it does!

Best to you!
Unread 07-17-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Ah, I see, Sandra0406. Thanks for explaining! Although, with respect, I must take issue with you there, as it's literally impossible for you to know whether such bonds "do or do not exist"... And since I've personally experienced this, I can tell you firsthand that it does occur, and praise be to all that's holy that it does!

Best to you!
Super, and I hope you still are experiencing this!

Unread 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM

I have alot of planets including my sun, venus, and pluto in scorpio and I'm not really controlling but I can't stand to be lied to or led on in a relationship. I don't like people to play with my feelings and I want the one I'm with to be honest with me about everything, I don't really care so much about what they do as long as they're telling me the truth about it and about how they feel about me. I'm not saying I won't fight for what I care about though but I've come to learn that if the other person just doesn't want to be with you no amount of fighting for them is gonna make that happen.
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio176 View Post
...if the other person just doesn't want to be with you no amount of fighting for them is gonna make that happen.
Yes this a crucial for lesson for Scorpios to learn.

There's also the issue of when two people want to be together as far as they are aware, but there are deeper currents at work in one or both of them pulling in a different direction. And so things go out of control in one way or another, perhaps involving a betrayal that the 'victim' has willed into being on some unconscious level.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
Yes this a crucial for lesson for Scorpios to learn.

There's also the issue of when two people want to be together as far as they are aware, but there are deeper currents at work in one or both of them pulling in a different direction. And so things go out of control in one way or another, perhaps involving a betrayal that the 'victim' has willed into being on some unconscious level.
You just said what I couldn't find the words to say.
Unread 07-17-2012, 07:35 AM
may28gemini

1st I'd like to re-address about the "soul age" portion of how evolved a Scorpio can love. How can one determine if a Scorpio is an older soul or younger one? Does it take into account of a soul being older by having the majority of planets in later degrees of 20+ (traditionally taught in Karmic astrology) or...?

2nd My Dad has Scorpio Sun/Merc/Venus/Saturn stellium in the 7th house. I grew with up him. He beat up my Mom, he beat me, and then I turned around and stabbed him. That made him stop physically hitting my Mom but the mental abuse battle went full speed ahead. Unfortunately, that was something I was not able to guard my Mom against. I used nearly ever ounce of my will to endure that battle zone before escaping to college.
ALL Scorpio people say they can't stand being lied to but it seems to me that ALL Scorpios will react with malicious vengeance to those who they catch in a lie over anything trivial. And yet, don't forget, Scorpio is NEVER remotely pure where they're above committing sin and speaking lies. Scorpios think that because they so deeply believe in something, it must be true. HAHAHAHA the whole Scorpio depth thing is a really a bunch of hokus pokus that is meant to deceive others into thinking that the Scorpio loves, but what they do love is, in fact, power and control over others. Somehow, it eludes Scorpio that they are not the lord and master and that they're not above every exception. Eventually the laws of every realm will compound to reality and that's when Scorpio will be forced to learn, if they ever learn anything at all.

3rd As long as Geminis are around, we're busting everyone's balls for sport but we especially love messing with Mars people (Aries and Scorpio).

Last edited by may28gemini; 07-17-2012 at 07:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
zona967 (10-30-2012)
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient0ne View Post
Dark works, powerful works, intense works. But it's not out front in my day to day life. But it does add a succinct flavor to parts of my life.
I am involved in BDSM, and have been using astrology to help understand what makes people tick, what drives them to be who they are. Astrology is complex enough, but applying it to BDSM is even more complex, but beautifully so.
I like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequestra View Post

I like a combination of freedom and intense devotion.
Definitely something I concur with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post

On the level of close relationships, when we play the wounded Scorpio we want to hide in the shadows and try to pull strings and gain knowledge without the risk of further hurt and humiliation. The wound and the defence seem to come from some dark place within which we would not want to bring into the light of day for others to see. There is a lack of trust, for we are in touch with our own darkness and therefore know that all people ultimately partake to some extent of the same deeply embedded sense of jungle law.

For the more evolved Scorpio, there is a willingness to patiently and non-judgementally give the other the space to bring out parts of their own psyche that have been hidden in some dark place.

Scorpio is concerned with the integration of unconscious energies. The unfathomable source of these energies needs to be honoured, and to try to illuminate them to soon would be to lose them.
Let me extend what I pick from here. Scorpio wants absolute control of their beloved & wants to know everything in order to have power over their passion that they can't escape till the Scorpion has it's fill. For that it will please, seduce or kill it's beloved. (I actually feel like using the word 'prey')

I somehow always associated Scorpion types with the images of that perfect 'Mistress'. The seductress who dressed in anything from sexy lingerie to latex & spectacular ball gowns. She could hypnotize with her eyes or her graceful moves but she would get the man she had her eyes on if she wanted him bad enough. There was no chance of getting a 'no'. In the bedroom everything is chosen step-by-step from attire to the setting, lights, wine etc & sex itself is a transformative 'indulgence'.

Just a fancy picture....... I want the fantasy/ emotional details. Pour em!

Edited: Found this new pic of Gaga (Venus In Scorpio)- says alot about the Scorpion love- Mysterious, desirable, Lustful, Self-control-Larger-than-life, Knows her worth.

Comments welcomed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fame.jpg (26.9 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Blackempress; 07-18-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Tags
dark, love, scorpio