Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM

Question Virgo and pieces contradiction ?

Hello,
I have a big contradiction in my chart. I've been trying to understand what it means to have my north node in 9th house in virgo. The contradiction is that my south node is in my 3rd house in Pieces and my north node in my 9th house in virgo. Can someone help me understand this paradox ?

Unread 02-04-2011, 03:10 AM

Re: Virgo and pieces contradiction ?

Two circles may only intersect each other on two points.
The orbit of sun as seen from earth and the orbit of moon intersect each other on two imaginary points as well. These two imaginary points are called North Node and South Node.
These two points are always at 180 degrees from each other therefore they are in mutually 7th zodiacs [start counting from Virgo, Pieces is the 7th and vise versa.
for a detailed explanation read this

Everybody in their charts have these two in the opposite signs - there is no contradiction or paradox or glitterpoo in this!

Last edited by aq17; 02-04-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: correction/link
Unread 02-04-2011, 03:44 AM

There is always going to be a great paradox between your north node and south node. One is the general direction towards where your life is suppose to be heading for happiness and fulfilment and the other is the opposite place where you've grown up with and been stuck and unfulfilled in.

I recommend Jan Spiller's books Cosmic Love and Astrology of the soul for better understanding of NN. Forget about SN. Don't dwell on it.

all the best
Unread 02-04-2011, 03:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness

NN/SN is always in opposite signs same degree for everyone.

The NN is what your suppose to pull foward to (so virgo)
The SN is what your suppose to pull away from (so Pisces)

You will swing back and fourth with the nodes, the SN is where you are more comfortable, put need to find a way to get past these (pisces) traits and move forward to Virgo traits.
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

opposite houses, to gino

gino,

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoferrante77 View Post
I have a big contradiction in my chart. I've been trying to understand what it means to have my north node in 9th house in virgo. The contradiction is that my south node is in my 3rd house in Pieces and my north node in my 9th house in virgo. Can someone help me understand this paradox ?
Opposite houses are complementary not contradictory. Opposite houses complete each other. The "big picture" 9th house needs the details of the 3rd house, while the detailed 3rd house needs to be aware of the "big picture" the 9th house represents. So I don't see any "contradiction here. in the 9th house of expansion (also wisdom) indicates you need to focus more on the "big picture" and less on the details, since you have no issues with getting the details but sometimes miss the "big picture".

About the nodes,

Tim
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoferrante77 View Post
What I meant is the contradiction between my south node in 3rd house and north node in virgo. I know that the SN and NN are opposites.
Ohh!! NN and SN are not opposite in their substance, they are opposite in their orientation. Does this look like a paradox to you?

Both are shadow planets. Both deal with all the five elements and affect mind/body/soul.They tint and enhance/diminish the focus of the rays of other planets-like a flat-convex or flat-concave lenses; and yes, light may go in either directions through them. So they seem very mysterious- as if they may almost change their roles, case to case basis.

NN deals with Future SN deals with Past. NN starts a cycle SN ends it. If one blocks the other unblocks or vise-versa. but again they work together to help you grow. Lunar Node astrology is a specialized interest in itself, Hope you'll be helped by those more focused on it.

Last edited by aq17; 02-04-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

Tags
contradiction, pieces, virgo