SATURN RETURN...please help me astrology friends :(

astrology02

Hi friends :)

I am currently just beginning my saturn return. I have attached my chart below.

I have Saturn in capricorn, 12th house in my natal chart.

To add to the intensity Saturn is my chart ruler.

Last year...I developed a compulsive gambling problem. Which put me in a massive amount of debt. I am slowly trying to climb out of the mess I created. The past year was probably the most difficult yet. My gambling problem led me seek out help. Which made me realize I had OCD/ depression. I am assuming all these mental health issues are because Saturn is in my 12th house.

The blessing in disguise is that these extremely challenging experiences have made me start taking better care of my health. I started exercising, eating better. I started paying attention to my emotional help. It also made me develop an inner strength I never knew I had. And made me learn that there is no easy way to make money in life. And I have to be financially responsible. Up until this point in my life I always tried to avoid responsibility but now saturn made me take responsibility for my life and grow up once and for all.

2016-2017 were some of the most challenging years of my life to say the least:crying:

My question is ....when is the toughest part of the saturn return?

Is it...

1) when saturn is approaching the conjunction (1-2 degrees before, applying)
2) the exact aspect
3) or after the conjunction (the aspect is separating)

I would be so grateful for any insight:love:

I'm just hoping for a tiny silver lining at the end of this nightmare...I am currently starting a new job soon...wondering if it will be hell on earth like the past year

chart.cgi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 5.13.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 5.13.22 AM.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 61

Osamenor

Staff member
How tough a Saturn return is, and when it's toughest, depends on many factors. It's not just Saturn returning to its natal position, it also depends on whether Saturn is also transiting, squaring, or opposing personal planets or angles.

In 2016 and 2017, Saturn was in Sagittarius, with a retrograde into late Scorpio in the first half of 2016. During that time, Saturn squared your sun, Mars, and Mercury. You've also had Pluto hovering over your AC the last year or so. That's given you a combination of heavy hitter transits.

Now, Saturn is activating your natal stellium of Uranus, Saturn, and Neptune. Pluto, meanwhile, has been activating that stellium ever since it entered Capricorn. Taken together, I can see those planets spelling a gambling problem: Uranus the risk taker, big losses and gains; Neptune, the illusion that you'll keep winning big; Saturn, the stick-to-it-iveness that it takes to have any habit. It may be compulsive rather than a matter of self discipline, but it's still sticking to something.

That you've recognized your gambling problem, gotten help, and started addressing the underlying issues and taking responsibility, is a sign of learning the Saturn lesson already. If you continue doing what you're doing, it will get easier, because you're internalizing Saturn as a teacher. It's not a question of where Saturn is transiting in your chart, so much as it is how you're responding to it.

astrology02

How tough a Saturn return is, and when it's toughest, depends on many factors. It's not just Saturn returning to its natal position, it also depends on whether Saturn is also transiting, squaring, or opposing personal planets or angles.

In 2016 and 2017, Saturn was in Sagittarius, with a retrograde into late Scorpio in the first half of 2016. During that time, Saturn squared your sun, Mars, and Mercury. You've also had Pluto hovering over your AC the last year or so. That's given you a combination of heavy hitter transits.

Now, Saturn is activating your natal stellium of Uranus, Saturn, and Neptune. Pluto, meanwhile, has been activating that stellium ever since it entered Capricorn. Taken together, I can see those planets spelling a gambling problem: Uranus the risk taker, big losses and gains; Neptune, the illusion that you'll keep winning big; Saturn, the stick-to-it-iveness that it takes to have any habit. It may be compulsive rather than a matter of self discipline, but it's still sticking to something.

That you've recognized your gambling problem, gotten help, and started addressing the underlying issues and taking responsibility, is a sign of learning the Saturn lesson already. If you continue doing what you're doing, it will get easier, because you're internalizing Saturn as a teacher. It's not a question of where Saturn is transiting in your chart, so much as it is how you're responding to it.

Thank you so much Osamenor for the reply! I didn't realize that when saturn was in sagittarius it was squaring my sun, mars and mercury! That can explain also why I have been feeling depressed and heaviness the past couple years!

I feel things will get better eventually, I just wanted to make sense astrologically as to why I was feeling the way I was :) And now I have more insight, so thanks!

Can I ask if Pluto and Saturn are easier to deal with once they have made it to the 1st house versus transiting the 12th?

Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it:love:

Osamenor

Staff member
Any planet's influence on a house is felt most strongly when it's at the cusp of the house. When a planet is transiting an angle, even more so. If it's a slow moving planet, its transit of an angle takes quite a long time, and with retrogrades, there are usually at least 3 direct hits.

You're most likely to feel Pluto's, and then Saturn's, influence as those planets transit your AC. When they move out of orb from your AC and settle into your first house, it starts fading into the background, usually because you've integrated that planet by then. In your case, since you have a stellium right before your AC and several planets that get squared by anything transiting your twelfth house, the twelfth house transits are more likely to be intense. Because your first house has less going on, there's less for a planet to hit while transiting it.

Lin

Saturn will trine your Mars and sextile your MC and Pluto this year. You will be getting some of your needs met with these transits (whether it comes from liking your job, finding a good relationship, overcoming your addiction, etc) and you will "feel better" overall.

There is no fixed rule about when the aspect is the strongest. I like the explanation above...but it only works if the heavy planet doesn't go on to make MORE difficult aspects as it moves thru the house.

For you, Saturn goes on to make another TRINE....to Mercury....so easier. Of course that doesn't happen in the near future (check your ephemeris).
But no matter how lucky you are with job and relationship, it could all go to hell if you go back to your addictive behaviors....because until you know why you got into that gambling cycle , it's always possible for it to "come back" when you are emotionally weak...or whatever it was which prompted you to begin doing that behavior.

A program that addresses addictions is something you need...if you haven't already found one.

I think most astrologers and also psychologists would agree that compulsions and addictions don't come from out of the blue....one day.....
you have to be honest with yourself and look to your past for other compulsions or addictive behaviors. The gambling might have been just the latest or the most expensive.
LIN

Last edited:

astrology02

Saturn will trine your Mars and sextile your MC and Pluto this year. You will be getting some of your needs met with these transits (whether it comes from liking your job, finding a good relationship, overcoming your addiction, etc) and you will "feel better" overall.

There is no fixed rule about when the aspect is the strongest. I like the explanation above...but it only works if the heavy planet doesn't go on to make MORE difficult aspects as it moves thru the house.

For you, Saturn goes on to make another TRINE....to Mercury....so easier. Of course that doesn't happen in the near future (check your ephemeris).
But no matter how lucky you are with job and relationship, it could all go to hell if you go back to your addictive behaviors....because until you know why you got into that gambling cycle , it's always possible for it to "come back" when you are emotionally weak...or whatever it was which prompted you to begin doing that behavior.

A program that addresses addictions is something you need...if you haven't already found one.

I think most astrologers and also psychologists would agree that compulsions and addictions don't come from out of the blue....one day.....
you have to be honest with yourself and look to your past for other compulsions or addictive behaviors. The gambling might have been just the latest or the most expensive.
LIN

Hi Lin,

Thank you so much for your reply, it really resonates with me. Although I have overcome the gambling for right now. It is always in the back of my mind that the compulsive and addictive behaviour will come back when I have a weak moment.

I was lucky to have the support to overcome the gambling addiction this time, but I fear if I relapse everything in my life could crumble.

I am looking forward to the trine to my mars and sextile to my pluto that saturn will make. It is not for a little while, but this does provide some relief :)

Thanks again for your insight:love: