Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 10-02-2016, 07:44 PM

Tell Me About the 11th House

Hi,

I have a PACKED 11th house - Venus-Sun-Mars + Mercury + BML + Orcus and other asteroids. Most descriptions of this house leave a lot to be desired, so can anyone share their personal experiences or observations with the 11th house?

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to magnolia8 For This Useful Post:
AlexZim (10-23-2016)
Unread 10-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Re: Tell Me About the 11th House

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia8 View Post

Hi,

I have a PACKED 11th house
- Venus-Sun-Mars + Mercury

+ BML + Orcus and other asteroids.
Most descriptions of this house leave a lot to be desired,
so can anyone share their personal experiences
or
observations with the 11th house?

Thank you.
Individual charts necessarily vary relative to 11th House
because any one of the twelve signs could be on 11th house
and the natal chart shows that

Meanwhile Main Rulerships of 11th House = Traditionally known as the 'house of Good Fortune'
11th house has rulership over friends and friendship, supporters, benefactors
and those that help us directly or behind the scenes.
It is the house of beneficial fate, positive hope, trust, praise, comfort, goals and ambitions.
Its condition indicates the fidelity or falseness of friends
and it has rulership over promotion by recommendation of others.
It is a house of ambition, freedom, optimism and confidence
denoting personal strength, motivation and increase.
A fortunate 11th house is a beneficial influence for any chart
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
magnolia8 (10-08-2016)
Unread 10-03-2016, 09:31 AM

Much depends upon the aspects made to planets in, to, and from the 11th house

The 11th house may well be associated with 'friends and friendships', yet it will be within the context of relationships that are 'non-romantic' and more 'platonic' of nature; a friendship sharing similar interests within the framework of a team, group, or community setting. E.g. You can get along fine with a fellow sports player, yet have no further association outside the area of sport, let alone want to have a personal relationship with him/her. Even if you do undergo such a relationship, the probablility is that it won't be 'binding' but that either in the relationship has an attitude where outer interests can take priority.
I often think that the 11th house is more a house of 'acquaintances'.

I can offer several examples from personal family experiences....mentioned several times already on various threads over the years.:

My youngest daughter has an 11th house Saturn in Leo. When younger she danced in a formation team that required absolute discipline and reached international status. Yet her future husband was not one of her fellow male dancers but the young man in the dancing class she set her heart on in her teens who didn't take dancing seriously and left.
They share many joint friends within the community since childhood. A major circumstance is that, due to accident, disease, and suicide, they have seen more than an average number of these friends die young. A number of others have divorced and been left alone, all from which she has learnt and has had an enormous impact upon her nature.

I have an 11th Mars and Ceres in Cancer in the 11th house. I didn't get the teenager I had the long term crush on.
When younger I gave conversation lessons to a group which lasted for a number of years and ended with a foreign trip to put that which was learnt into practice.
Through my passion (with Pluto) for astrology I gave lessons, readings and community talks, during which I was propositioned for a same sex relationship . My English roots thought up an afternoon for High Tea, set around the story of tea, in which over the years many of the womens' guilds in the area took part .
I have had a community interest for 40 years on a complex that once had 75 and is now down to 28 tenant allotments. I was once propositioned by one of the members and just laughed it off! Another I felt like propositioning and never did. .

Strangely, my Cap. Moon doesn't 'need' other people around me, yet I
truly enjoy the friendliness within the 11th community setting of activities (Mars).

My son has an 11th house Jupiter in Sagittarius. He played a decent game of amateur football in his teens and made the provincial sports pages (Sag. publication) quite regularly. One quote said of him, ’he’s a real team player. He hasn’t scored once himself, yet has provided the most passes that allowed others to score and shine.’ (The team captain and centre forward was a Sun in Leo! Can you believe it???).
He has kept the same male friends since nursery school. New ones are in the alternative healing sector.
Jupiter rules M.C. He has found his calling as an 11th house ‘free lance’ Emergency Response Office trainer in First Aid/Fire Prevention for p
rofessional companies. He is not confined to one place but travels to clients around the provincial area daily.

Just a few 11th house influences that work with other aspects to bring about the possibilities shown in a chart.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
HoldOrFold (10-23-2016), katydid (10-03-2016)
Unread 10-08-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Individual charts necessarily vary relative to 11th House
because any one of the twelve signs could be on 11th house
and the natal chart shows that

Meanwhile Main Rulerships of 11th House = Traditionally known as the 'house of Good Fortune'
11th house has rulership over friends and friendship, supporters, benefactors
and those that help us directly or behind the scenes.
It is the house of beneficial fate, positive hope, trust, praise, comfort, goals and ambitions.
Its condition indicates the fidelity or falseness of friends
and it has rulership over promotion by recommendation of others.
It is a house of ambition, freedom, optimism and confidence
denoting personal strength, motivation and increase.
A fortunate 11th house is a beneficial influence for any chart
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html
Thank you.
I can't say that I've seen the benefits of this house (yet), and I'm trying to find out why so that I CAN reap the benefits.
I'll look into that link.
Unread 10-08-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Much depends upon the aspects made to planets in, to, and from the 11th house

The 11th house may well be associated with 'friends and friendships', yet it will be within the context of relationships that are 'non-romantic' and more 'platonic' of nature; a friendship sharing similar interests within the framework of a team, group, or community setting. E.g. You can get along fine with a fellow sports player, yet have no further association outside the area of sport, let alone want to have a personal relationship with him/her. Even if you do undergo such a relationship, the probablility is that it won't be 'binding' but that either in the relationship has an attitude where outer interests can take priority.
I often think that the 11th house is more a house of 'acquaintances'.

I can offer several examples from personal family experiences....mentioned several times already on various threads over the years.:

My youngest daughter has an 11th house Saturn in Leo. When younger she danced in a formation team that required absolute discipline and reached international status. Yet her future husband was not one of her fellow male dancers but the young man in the dancing class she set her heart on in her teens who didn't take dancing seriously and left.
They share many joint friends within the community since childhood. A major circumstance is that, due to accident, disease, and suicide, they have seen more than an average number of these friends die young. A number of others have divorced and been left alone, all from which she has learnt and has had an enormous impact upon her nature.

I have an 11th Mars and Ceres in Cancer in the 11th house. I didn't get the teenager I had the long term crush on.
When younger I gave conversation lessons to a group which lasted for a number of years and ended with a foreign trip to put that which was learnt into practice.
Through my passion (with Pluto) for astrology I gave lessons, readings and community talks, during which I was propositioned for a same sex relationship . My English roots thought up an afternoon for High Tea, set around the story of tea, in which over the years many of the womens' guilds in the area took part .
I have had a community interest for 40 years on a complex that once had 75 and is now down to 28 tenant allotments. I was once propositioned by one of the members and just laughed it off! Another I felt like propositioning and never did. .

Strangely, my Cap. Moon doesn't 'need' other people around me, yet I
truly enjoy the friendliness within the 11th community setting of activities (Mars).

My son has an 11th house Jupiter in Sagittarius. He played a decent game of amateur football in his teens and made the provincial sports pages (Sag. publication) quite regularly. One quote said of him, ’he’s a real team player. He hasn’t scored once himself, yet has provided the most passes that allowed others to score and shine.’ (The team captain and centre forward was a Sun in Leo! Can you believe it???).
He has kept the same male friends since nursery school. New ones are in the alternative healing sector.
Jupiter rules M.C. He has found his calling as an 11th house ‘free lance’ Emergency Response Office trainer in First Aid/Fire Prevention for p
rofessional companies. He is not confined to one place but travels to clients around the provincial area daily.

Just a few 11th house influences that work with other aspects to bring about the possibilities shown in a chart.
Very interesting, I thank you for sharing. I confess, however, that I'm still not much closer to understanding why this house is so foreign to *me.* I hardly feel it on any level, which is odd considering 4 out of 5 personal planets reside in this house AND the 5th one - my Moon - rules it. *blank stare* I'll blame Pluto/12th house influences for now.
Unread 10-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I confess, however, that I'm still not much closer to understanding why this house is so foreign to *me.* I hardly feel it on any level, which is odd considering 4 out of 5 personal planets reside in this house AND the 5th one - my Moon - rules it. *blank stare* I'll blame Pluto/12th house influences for now.
So it's a large portion of you expressed through Cancer?

If the BML you are referring to is the MEAN astrological point and/or the TRUE position given as H13 on astro. com charts and . on Astrotheme charts, it could explain the lack of feeling as a result of inner experiences from a very young age.
Don't feel or allow feelings in,when one actually cares a great deal, or turn away from them ,and a person can't be hurt! Can they????

Don't know how the asteroid called Lilith would act.

With Cancer on my 11th house cusp, I've had to learn to become independent of my feelings and the effect they have had upon me/life.
Unread 10-09-2016, 10:35 PM

Smile Re: Tell Me About the 11th House

Quote:
Hi,

I have a PACKED 11th house - Venus-Sun-Mars + Mercury + BML + Orcus and other asteroids. Most descriptions of this house leave a lot to be desired, so can anyone share their personal experiences or observations with the 11th house?

Thank you.
H11 is, ultimately, House of Transcendence.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
jangle (10-26-2016), magnolia8 (10-11-2016)
Unread 10-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
So it's a large portion of you expressed through Cancer?

If the BML you are referring to is the MEAN astrological point and/or the TRUE position given as H13 on astro. com charts and . on Astrotheme charts, it could explain the lack of feeling as a result of inner experiences from a very young age.
Don't feel or allow feelings in,when one actually cares a great deal, or turn away from them ,and a person can't be hurt! Can they????

Don't know how the asteroid called Lilith would act.

With Cancer on my 11th house cusp, I've had to learn to become independent of my feelings and the effect they have had upon me/life.
Not quite - Cancer is on the cusp, but only Mercury and BML (yes, mean) are in Cancer. Mars-Sun-Venus are in Leo.

TBH, I've never paid much attention to my BML other than warnings on some sites that I could be a toxic mother, LOL. I don't know how Lilith relates to feelings, though. I've not experienced any trauma either.

I'm at a point where I'm tempted to ask "what are feelings? what are emotions" just to make sure I am indeed experiencing them, LOL! (I'm kidding - sort of.)

ETA: When I said I don't "feel" my 11th house, I simply meant that I don't relate to my placements as defined by other astrologers. I think I've only read one or two descriptions that were somewhat accurate. It was explained to me on this forum that my Pluto and 12th house influences (possibly my 8th-house Jupiter bucket-handle, too) are nullifying or coloring some of the energy of my 11th house.

I obviously am no expert in astrology, but I do believe this house is just not understood or represented well.

Last edited by magnolia8; 10-11-2016 at 04:00 PM.
david starling (10-11-2016)
Unread 10-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Magnolia8, if you use Whole-sign Houses, what Planets (including Moon) are in H11? It can vary considerably from Placidus. My own House placements make no sense to me in Placidus, but perfect sense in Whole-sign. The 1st House coincides with the entire Sign your Asc is in, and the rest of the Houses follow from that.

Last edited by david starling; 10-11-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Unread 10-12-2016, 11:22 AM

Hi, David

Using Whole Signs, only Mercury remains. Mars-Sun-Venus conjunction moves into the 12th house. My Moon was never in the 11th.

I joined this forum to work out what I felt were 12th-house overtones in my personality and life history. I wondered whether Whole Signs was, in fact, more accurate, even though it moved other planets into unfavorable positions. Ultimately, with the knowledge and opinions I gathered, I decided that Placidus is more accurate (I just cannot agree with my new 3rd and 5th house placements of Pluto and Neptune, respectively, under Whole Signs).
Unread 10-12-2016, 07:08 PM

J
Quote:
Hi, David

Using Whole Signs, only Mercury remains. Mars-Sun-Venus conjunction moves into the 12th house. My Moon was never in the 11th.

I joined this forum to work out what I felt were 12th-house overtones in my personality and life history. I wondered whether Whole Signs was, in fact, more accurate, even though it moved other planets into unfavorable positions. Ultimately, with the knowledge and opinions I gathered, I decided that Placidus is more accurate (I just cannot agree with my new 3rd and 5th house placements of Pluto and Neptune, respectively, under Whole Signs).
So that would be Pluto in Scorpio in H3, House of Communication; and, Neptune in Capricorn in H5, House of Enjoyment? What opinions of these placements are so unlike you that you rejected Whole-sign? (If you don't mind the question.) I found descriptions of H12 to be EXTREMELY inadequate from my personal perspective. Not everything written is necessarily correct!

Last edited by david starling; 10-12-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Unread 10-13-2016, 07:09 PM

Let's see:

Neptune in the 5th: I lack creativity, which is hugely emphasized with this placement. I do appreciate the arts and occasionally imagine myself playing an instrument, etc., but I'm a Leo with strong Venus/Libra influence - enough said, IMO.

I do not fall in "love" easily; in fact, I've never even been in a relationship and I'm in my upper twenties. I have no desire to play the martyr with men, even if they insist that I save them (from their loneliness and feelings of inadequacy, I guess). I mean no disrespect, but I have trouble seeing men beyond their money and sex. Which brings me to Pluto.

Pluto is in my 2nd house in Placidus. I like it there. It's the ruler of my 3rd house. I've talked about my experiences with that house in another thread. To recap, my relationship with my siblings is non-existent due to early experiences. Nothing remarkable about neighbors. Nothing remarkable about my mind (no, I'm not a dullard, LOL) or speech, although I had a sharp tongue as a teenager. Actually, my mouth got me in a world of trouble at school - I was almost sent to a de facto juvenile detention center behind it.
Anyway, Pluto is 5 degrees from my 3rd house in Placidus, so I think it may be acting on that house beyond mere rulership.

Ok, there could be more that I've left out. Why do you say descriptions of the 12th are inaccurate?

Last edited by magnolia8; 10-13-2016 at 07:11 PM.
david starling (10-13-2016)
Unread 10-13-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Let's see:

Neptune in the 5th: I lack creativity, which is hugely emphasized with this placement. I do appreciate the arts and occasionally imagine myself playing an instrument, etc., but I'm a Leo with strong Libra influence - enough said, IMO.

I do not fall in "love" easily; in fact, I've never even been in a relationship and I'm in my upper twenties. I have no desire to play the martyr with men, even if they insist that I save them (from their loneliness and feelings of inadequacy, I guess). I mean no disrespect, but I have trouble seeing men beyond their money and sex. Which brings me to Pluto.

Pluto is in my 2nd house in Placidus. I like it there. It's the ruler of my 3rd house. I've talked about my experiences with that house in another thread. To recap, my relationship with my siblings is non-existent due to early experiences. Nothing remarkable about neighbors. Nothing remarkable about my mind (no, I'm not a dullard, LOL) or speech, although I had a sharp tongue as a teenager. Actually, my mouth got me in a world of trouble at school - I was almost sent to a de facto juvenile detention center behind it.
Anyway, Pluto is 5 degrees from my 3rd house in Placidus, so I think it may be acting on that house beyond mere rulership.

Ok, there could be more that I've left out. Why do you say descriptions of the 12th are inaccurate?
I perceive it as the House of Imaginations, and most of the descriptions I've seen appear to have been by those with either very limited imaginative ability, or gloomy, even nightmarish imaginings. Imaginative solutions, and the distillation and crystallization of complexity into clear, concise models, are H12 abilities. Just the reverse of what's said about it by those who can't make it work for them.
I'm considering the possibility that the different House methods are a way of presenting us with choices about what we COULD be like. In which case, you like the Placidus version of yourself better than the Whole-sign, and I prefer the Whole-sign version of myself: Both are potentially correct, and the Signs the Planets are in probably play a large role in which version we're inclined to choose.

Last edited by david starling; 10-14-2016 at 04:13 AM.
Unread 10-23-2016, 12:17 AM

You may be right about the 12th house. I usually read how energy gets lost in that house, but then these readings will list artists, musicians and other hyper-creative types who have planets (usually, the Sun) there. How can creativity flourish in the 12th house if anything placed there is "lost?" I hope this makes sense. I'm trying to support your point, LOL.

Anyway.
How can one choose which House system fits them? My life experiences and personality traits correspond to one system better than others. There's no choice involved there. What's your opinion?
Unread 10-23-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
You may be right about the 12th house. I usually read how energy gets lost in that house, but then these readings will list artists, musicians and other hyper-creative types who have planets (usually, the Sun) there. How can creativity flourish in the 12th house if anything placed there is "lost?" I hope this makes sense. I'm trying to support your point, LOL.

Anyway.
How can one choose which House system fits them? My life experiences and personality traits correspond to one system better than others. There's no choice involved there. What's your opinion?
That's the one you've chosen, unconsciously. So, that's the one you should use.[IMO] The environment is probably what causes us to develop in ways that are described by one House system better than another. I've named H11 "House of Transcendence". Interesting word with several meanings. Friendship of the kind that requires rising above prejudice and disagreement would fit. Any unlikely friends in your life, where you're willing to overlook their annoying habits and differing opinions? Transcendence also means "pushing the envelope" in order to surpass the limits you feel are holding things back. Moving beyond materialistic thinking is another. And, surpassing expectations. Can you relate to any of these characteristics, as an 11th House person?
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (10-23-2016)
Unread 10-23-2016, 07:33 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Any unlikely friends in your life, where you're willing to overlook their annoying habits and differing opinions? Transcendence also means "pushing the envelope" in order to surpass the limits you feel are holding things back. Moving beyond materialistic thinking is another. And, surpassing expectations. Can you relate to any of these characteristics, as an 11th House person?
I relate to this very strongly, and I have no placements in my eleventh house except my north node. Nothing in Aquarius, either, so it's not a sign equivalent thing.

I appreciate this eleventh house description, because I've been trying to figure out a placement that appeared in my natal eleventh house in my last solar return chart. My SR AC was there, and Mars and Saturn conjunct right on it... and I do indeed see that kind of transcendent friendship, or rather, necessary collaboration, being a front and center issue right now. Not to take the thread too off track, but the placement of a solar return AC is about what's front and center for the native right now and the coming year... so that fits!
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-23-2016)
Unread 10-26-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
That's the one you've chosen, unconsciously. So, that's the one you should use.[IMO] The environment is probably what causes us to develop in ways that are described by one House system better than another. I've named H11 "House of Transcendence". Interesting word with several meanings. Friendship of the kind that requires rising above prejudice and disagreement would fit. Any unlikely friends in your life, where you're willing to overlook their annoying habits and differing opinions? Transcendence also means "pushing the envelope" in order to surpass the limits you feel are holding things back. Moving beyond materialistic thinking is another. And, surpassing expectations. Can you relate to any of these characteristics, as an 11th House person?
Short message

Last edited by magnolia8; 10-27-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Unread 10-26-2016, 02:14 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
H11 is, ultimately, House of Transcendence.
This is a new idea for me. Care to elaborate?
Unread 10-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you.
Speaking only for myself, it would be a lot easier to look at your 11th house if we could look at your 11th house. Every one's 11th is going to be just as personal and individual as each of us is.

The 11th is a Solar house (as opposed to Lunar) so it is going to be about things that happen because of, and not simply "to" us. It is the friends we seek out, as opposed to the friends/family/tribe that are granted to us by proximity. It is the beneficence of the "king," and so the rewards we get from people who have authority over us. In that sense it can represent those in higher places who move us forward in our career, status, or reputation. It is the house of Good Spirit, as opposed to the house of Good Fortune. Trust, friendship, and the things we get from them. Our hopes and wishes, and how those will materialize for us. It is the 12th to the 12th house, which is the house of bad Spirit, also a solar house. The 12th (sorry, David) is things that are not good for our spirit, usually brought on by ourselves. Easiest way to define the 12th is the misery we impose on ourselves. The 11th is succedent to the 12th, so shows us where and how we can rise from our own misery, culminating in the 10th angular house which brings us to our achievements.
Unread 10-26-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
Speaking only for myself, it would be a lot easier to look at your 11th house if we could look at your 11th house. Every one's 11th is going to be just as personal and individual as each of us is.

The 11th is a Solar house (as opposed to Lunar) so it is going to be about things that happen because of, and not simply "to" us. It is the friends we seek out, as opposed to the friends/family/tribe that are granted to us by proximity. It is the beneficence of the "king," and so the rewards we get from people who have authority over us. In that sense it can represent those in higher places who move us forward in our career, status, or reputation. It is the house of Good Spirit, as opposed to the house of Good Fortune. Trust, friendship, and the things we get from them. Our hopes and wishes, and how those will materialize for us. It is the 12th to the 12th house, which is the house of bad Spirit, also a solar house. The 12th (sorry, David) is things that are not good for our spirit, usually brought on by ourselves. Easiest way to define the 12th is the misery we impose on ourselves. The 11th is succedent to the 12th, so shows us where and how we can rise from our own misery, culminating in the 10th angular house which brings us to our achievements.
The 11th is a Succedent House, but it PRECEDES H12 in order, as the numbering implies. Sounds like you're viewing them in retrograde order?

Last edited by david starling; 10-26-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Unread 10-26-2016, 04:28 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
The 11th is a Succedent House, but it PRECEDES H12 in order, as the numbering implies. Sounds like you're viewing them in retrograde order?
No. It's more like...12th is cadent from 10th. Does that explain it? Edit to add, the houses number according to zodiacal motion, but advance and retreat in diurnal motion.
david starling (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-26-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
This is a new idea for me. Care to elaborate?
I did, a few posts ago.It's an Area of Life which isn't about "business as usual". Going beyond normal expectations and transcending differences. For example, Astrology itself enables us to know things we wouldn't normally be expected to know, and transcends differences in race, religion, ethnicity and background. So, Astrology, by this definition, is an H11 practice. Helps with friendships also!

Last edited by david starling; 10-26-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 10-26-2016, 06:30 AM

My impression of the 11th house -- A Sun in the eleventh says you can't be you unless you are a 'member' somewhere. You've 'joined' a group. You are part of a team. You see yourself as part of group. You identify with what a group can accomplish, not just you alone, or you with a partner, or you with family. As a member, you have a sense of 'belonging'. You see yourself with bucket list of things to do with groups of people. They are projects, one cannot do alone. You exist to be 'social', as in mingle with people. If work ever forces you into going without social experiences for days on end, you go nuts, or miserable.

People like you can find they have a better ability than others to function in large organizations, because you can identify with the needs and motives of the organization, and thus know how to maneuver within, and not lose your own sense of self.

Or you may have a sense about what drives politics, or other collective sciences about people.

With Mars in the 11th, near Sun and Mercury, you should be able to focus energy in that collective, to achieve goals which set you out ahead.

There's an interesting twist to absorb in the 11th house interpretation, which sets it apart from the people mingling tendencies of houses 4 through 9. There's a division of the chart East vs West half (houses 10 through 3, vs houses 4-9). On the east you operate mostly on your own, where as on the other half the chart, there's a need for you to work with/for others. So there on the 'solo' side of the chart is this social collective house. Why isn't it on the other side of the chart? The people connection in the 11th house are a bit 'impersonal' in comparison to those on the other side. In the 11th it's about what "we can do as a group" or "what a good member should do", with no spotlight on the case of just one individual. You may find you are short on tolerance for those who ask for 'special treatment', or to be excused from routine responsibilities. That sort of behavior is not good for the 'group'. It's not to be tolerated. Putting up with that is what corrupts the integrity of the group, says the 11th house person.

Another way to look at the 11th, is to move around the chart House 1 through 12, and see how the sequence of activity flows. 4th is family 5th is children or romantic love. 9th is higher education. 10th is graduation, getting published, becoming known. So what would the 11th be, just before the 12th? It seems to be about accomplishing what you could not do with with just the prior houses - family, children, education, notoriety. Plug into the collective. (Not necessarily the cosmos.) Join league with people of similar interests. Push the envelope on what is known, or done, by pooling interests, will, and effort with others. Make a difference. Perhaps.

So does this agree, disagree with what others think the 11th house is?
Does this help you understand yourself Magnolia?

Last edited by FROG; 10-26-2016 at 06:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FROG For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-26-2016)
Unread 10-26-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROG View Post
My impression of the 11th house -- A Sun in the eleventh says you can't be you unless you are a 'member' somewhere. You've 'joined' a group. You are part of a team. You see yourself as part of group. You identify with what a group can accomplish, not just you alone, or you with a partner, or you with family. As a member, you have a sense of 'belonging'. You see yourself with bucket list of things to do with groups of people. They are projects, one cannot do alone. You exist to be 'social', as in mingle with people. If work ever forces you into going without social experiences for days on end, you go nuts, or miserable.

People like you can find they have a better ability than others to function in large organizations, because you can identify with the needs and motives of the organization, and thus know how to maneuver within, and not lose your own sense of self.

Or you may have a sense about what drives politics, or other collective sciences about people.

With Mars in the 11th, near Sun and Mercury, you should be able to focus energy in that collective, to achieve goals which set you out ahead.

There's an interesting twist to absorb in the 11th house interpretation, which sets it apart from the people mingling tendencies of houses 4 through 9. There's a division of the chart East vs West half (houses 10 through 3, vs houses 4-9). On the east you operate mostly on your own, where as on the other half the chart, there's a need for you to work with/for others. So there on the 'solo' side of the chart is this social collective house. Why isn't it on the other side of the chart? The people connection in the 11th house are a bit 'impersonal' in comparison to those on the other side. In the 11th it's about what "we can do as a group" or "what a good member should do", with no spotlight on the case of just one individual. You may find you are short on tolerance for those who ask for 'special treatment', or to be excused from routine responsibilities. That sort of behavior is not good for the 'group'. It's not to be tolerated. Putting up with that is what corrupts the integrity of the group, says the 11th house person.

Another way to look at the 11th, is to move around the chart House 1 through 12, and see how the sequence of activity flows. 4th is family 5th is children or romantic love. 9th is higher education. 10th is graduation, getting published, becoming known. So what would the 11th be, just before the 12th? It seems to be about accomplishing what you could not do with with just the prior houses - family, children, education, notoriety. Plug into the collective. (Not necessarily the cosmos.) Join league with people of similar interests. Push the envelope on what is known, or done, by pooling interests, will, and effort with others. Make a difference. Perhaps.

So does this agree, disagree with what others think the 11th house is?
Does this help you understand yourself Magnolia?
Yes, "Join league with people of similar interests" fits what I think H11 is about. Could be just friendships, but also includes altruistic, like-minded individuals coming together for an important purpose.
Collective, YET INDIVIDUALISTIC cooperation, where the ideal is to benefit the World in general, instead of profit for oneself or one's own, narrowly perceived group (e.g. corpration, political group, religious affiliation, nation, family, etc.)....Modern corporations are the antithesis of the H11 ideal, and I see them as H10 entities. The Occupy Movement had an H11 sort of attitude. I'm emphasizing Individualism to make the point that the 11th House isn't about lock-step conformity, or a "group-mind" mentality--that's H10 corporations, politics, religion, etc. [IMO]

Last edited by david starling; 10-26-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Unread 10-26-2016, 11:42 AM

Short message

Last edited by magnolia8; 10-27-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Tags
11th, house