Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-18-2020, 01:00 PM
or1000 or1000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 440
Gemini mars and state of mercury

So I want to have a chat about gemini mars and how the sign and state of mercury has an effect on this in the Natal chart?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-18-2020, 02:05 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54,664
Re: Gemini mars and state of mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post


So I want to have a chat about
gemini mars

and

how the sign

and
state of mercury has an effect on this in the Natal chart?

what you have described is a method well known to traditional astrology
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
sworm09 (02-18-2020)
  #3  
Unread 02-18-2020, 02:16 PM
sworm09's Avatar
sworm09 sworm09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 378
Re: Gemini mars and state of mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
So I want to have a chat about gemini mars and how the sign and state of mercury has an effect on this in the Natal chart?
It's amazing how rarely people think to ask this question. Whatever Mercury is doing is whatever Gemini is doing. Whatever happens to Mercury happens to Gemini.

All too often people think that the signs have priority over the planets. The planets are always key. If Mercury is afflicted, whatever happens with Gemini is going to be negative. If Mercury is doing great, whatever happens with Gemini is going to be positive.

We'd need a chart to say what that means specifically, but generally whatever goes on with the sign ruler is directly reflected in the sign. You can't separate one from the other.

As JA said, traditional astrology thrives off of this.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sworm09 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-18-2020)
  #4  
Unread 02-18-2020, 02:46 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54,664
Re: Gemini mars and state of mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post

It's amazing how rarely people think to ask this question.
Whatever Mercury is doing is whatever Gemini is doing.
Whatever happens to Mercury happens to Gemini.
All too often people think that the signs have priority over the planets.
The planets are always key.

If Mercury is afflicted, whatever happens with Gemini
is going to be negative.
If Mercury is doing great, whatever happens with Gemini
is going to be positive.

We'd need a chart to say what that means specifically,
so if OP has a particular chart in mind
then for more detailed discussion lets view that chart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworm09 View Post

but generally whatever goes on with the sign ruler
is directly reflected in the sign.
You can't separate one from the other.
As JA said, traditional astrology thrives off of this.
a neat comment by sworm09
highlighting a key factor of traditional astrology
that allows us to go beyond generalisations
and focus on the individuality of each natal with specifics
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
sworm09 (02-18-2020)
  #5  
Unread 02-18-2020, 07:51 PM
AJ Astrology AJ Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 294
Re: Gemini mars and state of mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
So I want to have a chat about gemini mars and how the sign and state of mercury has an effect on this in the Natal chart?
Hi or1000,

Then post a chart. Are you talking about nocturnal or diurnal Gemini Mars? In what house? What other bodies are with Mars? What aspects? Where is the sect ruler? In what house/sign is Mercury? What is Mercury's condition? What bodies are in Aries and Scorpio?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gemini, mars, mercury, state

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.