Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 09-17-2019, 09:48 PM

Re: Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

Virgo is Common Earth. When rising, ugly as a mud pie.

Unread 09-17-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
GB!! Lol stop being naughty!

I know two Virgo rising ladies and they are beautiful.

GB is on a windup because it’s not just about the risings. It’s the whole chart ....., gb?
Unread 09-18-2019, 05:49 AM

Just sayin'....
Unread 09-18-2019, 09:05 AM

I only know two Virgo risings and both of them are very attractive. However, I do think 1st houses, Venusian placements, and ascendant aspects come into play.
The first person has Virgo ascendant, mercury in Virgo in the 1st, moon in Taurus, mercury (dominant planet) trine Venus, and Pluto square ascendant.
The second person has Virgo ascendant, Venus in 2nd house at 2 degrees (very close to 1st house), moon in Libra, mars in Libra, sun square ascendant, and Pluto square ascendant.
Unread 09-18-2019, 04:42 PM

subscribing.
May I explore to the very depth of this infinite universe, expose and fight the abyss of crimes, understands the hearts of every living things and find peace and the meaning of life for my restless soul
Unread 09-19-2019, 06:33 AM

Nawwwww, we Virgo ascendants be pretty . Well, I think it's more than just what ascendant you have. Aspects to the ascendant and possibly the aspects to the ascendant's ruler could make a difference? But I'm just throwing that one out there. Also, of course, planets in the first house.
Unread 09-19-2019, 03:15 PM

Obviously, your physical appearance can't be the deciding factor. People perceive attractiveness based on their own image of themselves; if a guy is overly confident, he'll fall in love and flirt with prettier and more popular girls. If opposite scenario occurs, that guy will seek for "damaged" girls, so he could handle his own insecurities.

I think in your situation (even though I'd like to know your Sun sign, your inner self), problem is you seem uninterested. You are insecure and afraid of rejections so you never make first moves and possibly create a false aura od defensive mechanisms around you which make men believe you're not interested or that you're hard to get.

Be there as it may, until you find a guy who knows you for some longer time (possibly a work colleague), you will have to flirt if you want to find anyone. Nobody is interested in chasing a cold turkey. Maybe some fire signs are but it's gonna end before it really starts.

Excuse my blatant generalizations, but I'm quite confident in my understanding of interpersonal dynamics and emotions. I've also dated a Virgo.

Last edited by Ekonomist13; 09-19-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 09-19-2019, 04:24 PM

Love this topic because I have Venus (17 Leo) on my 17 Leo Ascendant. BUT . . . it squares Jupiter (18 Taurus) and Mars/Moon (12 and 14 Scorpio), so my intensity trumps pleasing looks, not that I have those ha ha ha. I am so opposite anything superficial. I do not do "superficial." Fun? What is that? I'm always boring to the core of things. I need to relax
Unread 09-19-2019, 08:56 PM

If the ascendant or the ruler (it doesn't matter in which sign it is) has great aspects and is easy blending with each other, then you have no chance to be unattractive or to be ugly.

Every sign has a different character and general appearance (in virgo it makes everything kind of smaller for example). And everyone is attracted to a certain type. I'm a virgo ascendant and my sister is a leo ascendant, we both have it normal/quite well aspected and you can see that we're both average/well looking, but different in manners, character and style. The type I attract are different than the type she attracts.

I can say as a virgo for myself that if I want to, that I could get any attention from who I want (and who I like are kind of more saturn dominant or water dominant), just by walking by. For me it's like an on and off button. If I want it, I could get it easily. If I don't want it, all the negative aura will get all over the place and you could push a boat away with that energy. No one will come even near to you and will find it awkward to be in the same room as you. Quite intimidating actually. Energy is so important. I could also look like a librarian or just an serious, cold, ''intelligent looking'' person. You would think that nobody finds that attractive. Not true, you can make it attractive.
Unread 09-20-2019, 04:16 AM

Gosh...
Virgo the Seductress.

In a small back room at the County Library
O'er many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore....

LBJ had Sun in Virgo rising
And he neither small nor beautiful.

Mercury sole dispositor from Virgo stellium, First House and tightly conjunct Moon, affected by Mars combustion separative at 6-7°.

Uranus is highly focalized as a singleton and the opposition to Venus-Neptune. And Saturn in 8th, in fall, is singleton, quincunx the Virgo stellium [partile Mercury]. Saturn is lord of Uranus in worldly Capricorn.

Sun is emphasized because he holds the other 3 planets of the stellium in combustion. He consumes their powers.

Is "ego" notable in this chart? And "personal power"? What are the chart factors that portend this vast ego?

I have labelled both Saturn & Uranus as singletons. Although this is true in terms of the ecliptic, it is not so by chart hemisphere, which is the usual measure.

The chart (life) pattern is, to say the least, irregular or unconventional. It is out-of-the-ordinary.

I classify this pattern as "Splay". It contains 3 distinct groupings of planets: Saturn, Uranus, and all the rest.

But which of the two singletons, Saturn or Uranus, will carry the directive powers of "Reins" planet?

Saturn is at point focus in the Cardinal T-square. He stands above Uranus in the sky, and is lord of Uranus. He is in partile disjunction with final dispositor Mercury. I think it safe to say that Saturn assumes the mantle of Reins planet, and is the predominant power in this chart, influences all else very strongly. Saturn when in high focus, as when he is reins, brings shrewdness as a capital trait. And of course all of the other Saturnian traits hold prominence in the personality and life-course as well.

What of the "quality" of Saturn's influence. So far we have examined power, but what of quality? Not so good. He resides in a house of misfortune, the 8th. He is in the sign of his fall. He is partile quincunx the supreme ruler of the chart, and in consequence the stellium as a whole. And he is a diurnal planet in a nocturnal chart, in a diurnal sign. Sect deals primarily with the quality or character of planetary expression, and Saturn is out of sect. Both of his aspects are squares.

Last edited by greybeard; 09-20-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Unread 09-20-2019, 05:40 AM

Unhappy Re: Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

Quote:
What if a planet is in the 12th house, just above the ASC node or rising sign? The 12th is a house of hospitals, prisons, secrets and deepest fears/problems. For anyone with a Virgo ASC node, there's something they are hiding or they will be trapped within a serious problem in life they couldn't escape from in their 12th...for a sign of beauty, they have shame or a sense of ugliness.

Edit: What if the Moon is in 12th house: *An individual with the Moon in the 12th house tends to be over-sensitive and often feels extraordinarily vulnerable. All of the emotional boundaries are extremely diffused, and the psychic and instinctive qualities are likely to be very powerful.*

And here's more about Virgo moons above the ASC: *An Earth Moon in the 12th stabilizes themselves from getting carried away, and even if they do, they still remain on top of their responsibilities*

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 09-20-2019 at 05:54 AM.
Unread 09-20-2019, 06:43 AM

The Ascendant is not a node. "Ascending node" refers to the north node in any planet's orbital plane, usually the lunar north node.

A node is the juncture, or point of intersection, of two orbital planes, one of which is the plane of Earth's orbit around Sun.

Earth's horizon, one of the two planes whose intersection identifies the Ascendant, is not an orbital plane. Thus, no node.
Unread 09-20-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Gosh...
Virgo the Seductress.

In a small back room at the County Library
O'er many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore....
Oh dear
Unread 09-21-2019, 03:10 AM

Virgo used to be a virgin.
And now she frolics in back rooms
Soaking up forgotten lore from quaint and curious volumes.

Seems so out of type, don't you know. I've always pictured Virgo as the Cleaning Lady, not the Vamp who gets what she goes after.

But what ever happened to LBJ? A very fruitful astrological study, and study of the use of power by a master.
Unread 09-21-2019, 06:21 AM

Don't agree with your opinion. Virgo comes from virgin, yes, has that innocent kind of beauty and innocence attracts too. Why you only talk about lbj? If I take a look on his appearance (don't know the political side and what kind of person he was, so I only judge right now on appearance), he looks like a man. Not ugly. You said that he doesn't look small nor beautiful, yea, that's exactly how man are supposed not to look like
Unread 09-21-2019, 06:25 AM

Sophia Loren is a Virgo sun, venus and neptune/ Capricorn rising. She has many qualities and recognisable virgo appearance too in some kind of way. She still is beautiful and attractive

Last edited by MoonSun; 09-21-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Unread 09-21-2019, 08:26 AM

Virgo rising sex appeal is more the earthy understated type. Don't expect it to be flashy or full on in-your-face.
Unread 09-21-2019, 10:58 AM

Of interest to the thread is this writer's contention that a hybrid signature of Leo-Virgo may contribute to an air of mystique in the chart owner with a couple of examples with actual Virgo risings used. The "untouchable" air might be a part of the Virgo appeal.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/iam_article190910_e.htm

Lyndon B. Johnson's chart has this same signature, but using the same methodology that the writer used, we do not see "secretive", "inscrutable" or "sphinx-like" being used to describe his personality. The most common descriptors of his personality fall along the lines of aggression, high ambition, extroversion and psychology researches even claim that he has the highest markers for grandiose narcissism, which they also contend contributed to his great success as a presidential leader. His looks and personality seem more in-line with his Leo ascendant with Jupiter in partile conjunction, than the sign in which is 1st house stellium resides.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 09-21-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Unread 09-21-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Of interest to the thread is this writer's contention that a hybrid signature of Leo-Virgo may contribute to an air of mystique in the chart owner with a couple of examples with actual Virgo risings used. The "untouchable" air might be a part of the Virgo appeal.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/iam_article190910_e.htm
Thanks for that! Given I'm Sun in Leo with ascendant conjunct Venus in Virgo (in 1st house), this was an interesting read.
Unread 11-21-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisReligiosa View Post
Or maybe totally unsexy?

I am just asking this because I am a Virgo Rising and men are rarely attracted to me, even though I am not ugly. Well, I am a bit chubby, but so are lots of women, and I think most of them do get asked out.
Truth be told, I am not exactly flirtatious, nor am I particularly extroverted, but still, NEVER being approached by a guy must mean something, right?
The only few times a man was being remotely flirty with me was when I was the one to initiate a conversation...without intending to get flirty.

I have been told I look like an old maid before..or like a librarian/nerd. lol. I guess I am not particularly romantic or fun and flirty, but that's because I am not interested in such relationships.
I am quite emotional(3 planets in Pisces:Sun, Mercury, Venus), but not romantic in the candle-light dinner, cherry trees in blossom sort of way.

I also have Venus conjunct Sun, both opposite AC, and Saturn conjunct Neptune, making a 7 degree orb trine to my AC, and Pluto making a 4 d sextile to my AC.

I also know this other girl who is a Scorpio Sun, Leo Moon with Virgo AC who is 2 years older and has never had a bf, as well.
I also knew this guy in high school with Virgo Rising who didn't have a gf.

These were not ugly people, either.

I also think of Virgo Rising celebrities, like Keanu Reeves, Uma Thurman, Sharon Stone, Virginie Ledoyen, Kurt Cobain, Woody Allen..all of these people, EVEN Sharon "flash-crotch" Stone looks like a bit of a fussy bachelorette.

I read in this book by Liz Greene once that your AC shows the things you have to go through this time around, and she spoke of an Aquarius guy, with a Scorpio Rising, who kept attracting jealous possessive individuals, and "intense" people, generally, although he hated them, but his gf spoke of how he was repressing his jealous side so he kept attracting it from outside circumstances.
So, if I got this right, it would mean that Virgo ACs put off people and romance, in general, because they need to learn to be "pure" and chast
To be perfectly honest, I would not like a hoard of admirers, because I would still have the same introverted, non-flirtatious personality, anyway, so it would be a waste...BUT I would like to have them just so that I can rub it in the faces of all those girls who constantly brag about how many admirerers they have.
Hi,
I don't think Virgo Risings are bland or unattractive. I'm a Virgo rising myself and I think I'm fairly attractive as I get approached by people quite often and receive compliments. (but I don't really care about it, I don't think most virgo risings would as we are intelligent enough to know that looks aren't everything, but the rising does make us humble and self conscious and introverted as you mentioned) We also usually have OCD like tendencies and put a lot of effort into taking care of our appearance which should pay off.
I think what might be off putting is the uptightness which we project at first look, which could like turn people off as someone mentioned. Again it depends on your sun sign. I have my sun in pisces and my free spirited side is constantly at war with my virgo rising.

Anyway I can list some celebrities that I know to have a virgo rising, from what I read online, and you can determine if they are unattractive lol.
Personally I think a lot of them are beautiful in a classical sense and have an aura of intelligence about them. (saying this objectively, not just because it's my ascendant)
So....Brooke Shields, Charlize Theron, Marion Cotillard, Renée Zellweger, Julie Delpy, Keri Russell, Audrey Tautou, Sarah Paulson, Emma Watson, Rachel Bilson, Miranda Otto, Elizabeth Banks, Julie Gayet, Elizabeth Olsen, Adèle Exarchopoulos, Sara Sampaio, Michele Keegan, Jamie Chung, Ariel winter.....And Chris Pine, Ryan Reynolds, Adrien Brody, Kurt Cobain, even Justin Trudeau lol.

Last edited by Ness22; 11-21-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Tags
risings, unattractive, virgo