Atlantis - A New Theory Regarding Origins

JUPITERASC

Richard Ellis:

Every search for Atlantis begins with the writings of the great Greek philosopher Plato

Plato was essentially the father of Western Philosophy and because what he had to say was so important – and has remained important – throughout the history of Western thought, it became much more acceptable, much more respectable, if you will, than if someone else had written it.

In one of the most intriguing of his writings, Plato describes a remarkable Utopian society rich in wealth and knowledge – their skills as builders and engineers were advanced beyond imagining....
.”

".... Early 1900's on the Mediterranean island of Crete, an archaeologist named Arthur Evans - a real life 'Indiana Jones was searching for the treasures of the ancient world. Dr J Alexander MacGillivray explains that Evans was looking for something very specific i.e. the first European culture as well as the roots to Greek Mythology. At Knossos Evans soon found something that was beyond his wildest dreams...."

quotes sourced from: 'History Channel The best documentary about Atlantis ever made - from Santorini to Crete, several possible locations and attributes are explored' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Bnumh9Zc8 :smile:

LINK UPDATED 10 JANUARY 2014

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

1467187_10152195217262354_660008389_n.jpg

The artist's impression of Gunung Padang as it would have looked in antiquity
is attached herewith by and courtesy of architect Pon S Purajatnika

FROM INDONESIA TO TURKEY
NEW ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOVERIES
UNCOVER THE MYSTERIES OF A LOST CIVILIZATION
http://www.muldersworld.com/photo.asp?id=11838

New original feature article
by GRAHAM HANCOCK 10 January 2014

“Everything we’ve been taught about the origins of civilization may be wrong,”

says Danny Natawidjaja, PhD, senior geologist with the Research Centre for Geotechnology at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences.

“Old stories about Atlantis and other a great lost civilizations of prehistory
long dismissed as myths by archaeologists
look set to be proved true” :smile:

I’m climbing with Dr Natawidjaja up the steep slope of a 300-ft high step-pyramid set amidst a magical landscape of volcanoes, mountains and jungles interspersed with paddy fields and tea plantations a hundred miles from the city of Bandung in West Java, Indonesia.

The Thera/Atlantis hypothesis has MUCH to recommend it; however, in other several other research works I have found what (in my opinion) are strong supports for other Atlantis hypotheses. I do think the Thera disaster signaled a major change, end of cycle event, for important civilizations (Egypt most especially)

Thera was just a small part of the Minoan civilization centered on the island of Crete. The explosion of Thera was once thought to have causes serious damage to the Minoans in 1450 BCE, but this catastrophe was redated to before 1628 BCE using ice cores. Also it is now thought that the ash cloud mostly missed Crete itself. The lack of gold found in ruins on the remains of Thera indicate that the island was evacuated before the final explosion.

That leaves mainly the tsunami. The Minoans had a large merchant fleet, but it evidently survived: ships at sea are not endangered by tsunami. In any event the Minoans recovered quickly. Their civilization continued for about 200 years before attacks from the Greek mainland destroyed some of their cities.

There just does not seem to be much similarity with Plato's account. Thera or Crete do not resemble Atlantis. And the greater Minoan civilization went on almost as if nothing happened after the eruption. The timing and location are all wrong to be Atlantis. Plato puts it in the Atlantic and thousands of years before the Minoans.

The civilization of Atlantis lasted over 50000 years. They had settlements in the Mediterranean, Africa and America. They mined gold, silver, tin, copper and inconel(orichalcum) in America and even constructed roads in South America to get the metals out. They are said to have mined uranium in Africa and constructed nukes. They had wireless transmission of power which they extracted from sun light or the solar wind. Their aircraft and ships used this wireless power and carried no fuel. They could levitate large stone blocks and other objects. They had a Ray that could reduce anything to fine powder. That is how the got rid of their trash, but it is also a weapon.

Atlantis had high technology but it did not resemble ours. Tesla may have reinvented some of it, (He said he could pulverize the Empire State Building in seconds. And his wireless power.) but most of his work has been classified and weaponized. The Coral Castle is said to be an example of construction using levitation so that may be possible today: "if you know how to do it, it is easy".

Atlantis, Shirley Andrews, C1997
Tesla, Margaret Cheney C1981

http://www.rense.com/general39/coral.htm

JUPITERASC

Not only did the lost city of Atlantis actually exist
but its true location has been hiding in plain sight for thousands of years, completely unnoticed
as we’ve been looking in all the wrong places :smile:
Since everyone assumes that it must be under the ocean somewhere
such as in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea
which have long been considered to be the most likely places for its existence.
And no, I am not about to suggest that Antarctica is the hidden location of Atlantis, either.
Because in this video, I am going to connect the dots
on the exact words that Plato used to describe Atlantis, its location, and the geographical land features
that surround it, which were recorded in Plato’s dialogues, the Critias and Timaeus.
And the details that Plato shared of Atlantis, which I’m about to share with you in side by side comparison
will show you that the Richat Structure located in Mauritania Africa
also commonly referred to as the Eye of the Sahara, or the Eye of Africa
is the most likely location for the lost city of Atlantis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDoM4BmoDQM

SunConjunctUranus

1467187_10152195217262354_660008389_n.jpg

The artist's impression of Gunung Padang as it would have looked in antiquity
is attached herewith by and courtesy of architect Pon S Purajatnika

FROM INDONESIA TO TURKEY
NEW ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOVERIES
UNCOVER THE MYSTERIES OF A LOST CIVILIZATION
http://www.muldersworld.com/photo.asp?id=11838

New original feature article
by GRAHAM HANCOCK 10 January 2014

“Everything we’ve been taught about the origins of civilization may be wrong,”

says Danny Natawidjaja, PhD, senior geologist with the Research Centre for Geotechnology at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences.

“Old stories about Atlantis and other a great lost civilizations of prehistory
long dismissed as myths by archaeologists
look set to be proved true” :smile:

I’m climbing with Dr Natawidjaja up the steep slope of a 300-ft high step-pyramid set amidst a magical landscape of volcanoes, mountains and jungles interspersed with paddy fields and tea plantations a hundred miles from the city of Bandung in West Java, Indonesia.

Thumbs up!

JUPITERASC

The Eye of Africa is not just the most likely location of Atlantis
but the connection of this new evidence I’m about share
makes this case so compelling that it’s practically definitive.
In my first two videos on the topic of The Lost City of Atlantis
I connected the dots on more than a dozen similarities
between Plato’s description of Atlantis, to that of the Richat Structure
which is commonly referred to as the Eye of the Sahara
and is located in a remote region of North West Africa
in the country of Mauritania.
Atlantis has been hidden in plain sight for thousands of years :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5kEzxOb-3c

JUPITERASC

UPDATE 2023 :)

I have long accepted that the Thera disaster had a major revolutionary impact upon the status quo of the ancient world,
and was connected with significant changes in ancient civilizations

(
particularly Egypt); however in my personal opinion-
based on many studies I have made of this subject-I believe that Thera was not THE Atlantis per se, of the very ancient times.

In the last century alone, Atlantis has been "..found.." more than a thousand times
and in a hundred different places
leading us to wonder whether we are asking the right questions

We examine the curious creation mythology referred to as the "..Building Texts.." engraved
upon the walls of the temple of Edfu in Upper Egypt
as possible Egyptian sources for Plato's famous narrative :)

JUPITERASC

what explanation is offered
for why ancient Egyptians could build the pyramids as tombs
but nothing remains of the buildings
where the pharaohs would have ruled from when they lived?
Are we to believe they ruled from mud huts

but then entombed themselves in incredible tombs? Something is missing. :)