Can Horary chart imply you have freewill

FireNwater

I'm wondering if you can ask the stars a question and the horary read like a "no" but actually be implying that you have to make a choice before a situation can change, implying the answer is no unless you choose a different path.

Experience with this type of chart?

Last edited:

viridi

Can you give an example of the type of horary question you mean?

I guess OP meant asking before you even intend to act. E.g. "Will I be accepted at this university?" before you even apply at the university(and you may choose to not apply in the end)

Culpeper

Premium Member
There is a continuing debate over freewill in Astrology. But I have found that someone always has the choice of following the advice of the horary chart or not. The horary charts for most questions give a negative answer. Should I do something or other is the most useful question. There are other things.

As a recent example someone had requested to meet with me. I had been doing business with this company so it all seemed legitimate. They even called me back twice to confirm that I would be there. However, the chart I cast for the event was completely negative with no aspects between significators and other problems. Since I was not going to be out anything except my time, I went anyway for purpose of feed back. The person did not show up at all! I called a number they had given me, but just got a useless bot.

I continue to use horary astrology for investing and remedies very effectively. It takes study and practice. There is always freewill.

FireNwater

There is a continuing debate over freewill in Astrology. But I have found that someone always has the choice of following the advice of the horary chart or not. The horary charts for most questions give a negative answer. Should I do something or other is the most useful question. There are other things.

As a recent example someone had requested to meet with me. I had been doing business with this company so it all seemed legitimate. They even called me back twice to confirm that I would be there. However, the chart I cast for the event was completely negative with no aspects between significators and other problems. Since I was not going to be out anything except my time, I went anyway for purpose of feed back. The person did not show up at all! I called a number they had given me, but just got a useless bot.

I continue to use horary astrology for investing and remedies very effectively. It takes study and practice. There is always freewill.

Yeah, I sometimes think "if" or "should" questions are much more helpful.

tikana

For example, if a querent asks if they will ever have a child and they are in a relationship with someone who does not want children and the chart has a fertile 5th house cusp and the 5th house significator is in the 5th house with no malefics in the 5th and it is applying to opposition with Saturn, in the 11th house (significant others turned 5th) for instance. In this chart, the 5th house ruler and moon are in mutual reception by signs and there is also the Sun (male sex significator) sitting inbetween the Moon and 5th house significator suggesting the man/other literally thwarting the objective.

In this case, it seems that the chart is suggesting as long as the querent is with this man the answer is no.

Can you post the chart ? thanks

tikana

A second chart asking "Am I fertile?"

esswg8.png

See, I don't think it is a fertility issue. Here we don't have to look for aspects. It is enough that the 1st and 5th are in fertile signs.

ugh ugly mess

okay so jup is fertile but rectro 2 more units going back direct
okay that is good
but

lord of 5th is barren and rejected by jup and combusted ..
I don't like 5th house

FireNwater

I know that "will I ever chart says no which is why I started the thread about freewill. Im not letting a chart dictate my fate. I think this could be a learning opportunity

tikana

then it is 1/7 or 1 to 5..

also take a look in Christian astrology it is something abot is the child father's or not . but the child is already born or woman is already pregnant.
we have 2-3 threads on the issue people didn't update. :(

Jup is fertile
but L5 in one case is rejecting jup.
Moon combust too

shrug

I think Culpeper (forgive me if it is not right) most horary questions will yield a no just because there is always something negative

reception
aspect
wrong house
south node
bad fixed star

I haven't seen a single positive chart and positive outcome in my whole entire horary hobbying.

Freewill or fixed future? I tend to believe future is fixed but it is me.
there are at least 4 threads on the issue.

waybread

FireNWater, I'm having some difficulty with these charts, because they seem to have been posted for purposes of this thread, not as really burning issues that just have to come out at the moment of your question. "The moment of astrology" is super important. Your OP was posted early in the morning, but the charts were cast for late at night, one right after the other. Presumably you had them in mind?

The other thing, is that a question like "Am I fertile?" today does not medically have a simple answer. Women who would not have been fertile centuries ago when Lilly was practicing may be fertile now, due to medical treatments that didn't exist back then. I. e., a woman might not be fertile when she asks the question, but would be after she undergoes a fertility treatment or surgical procedure.

But another rule is that you can ask a question again, once your circumstances have changed. Possibly the woman enters a new relationship, with a husband who would very much like to have a child.

With your first chart, the ruler of the 5th opposes the ruler of the first (Saturn) suggesting some difficulties. With the second chart, the ruler of the 5th applies to a trine with the ruler of the first, but bumps into Saturn first. In both charts, the moon is under the beams of the sun, who rules the partner in the first chart.

Last edited:

muchacho

I know that "will I ever chart says no which is why I started the thread about freewill. Im not letting a chart dictate my fate. I think this could be a learning opportunity
Generally speaking, astrology doesn't care if your mindset is one of determinism or free will. It works just fine either way. So in that sense, you can't use astrology to prove one or the other.

However, I would make a distinction between things being fated versus things being predetermined. Predetermined would mean fixed since the beginning of time, fated would only mean fixed based on momentum gathered. So in the early stages of events, when there's little momentum, that's where your free will comes into play.