Unaspected sun in leo 14 dignity score

Joseph Ledzion

katydid said:
I was a 'humanistic astrologer' in the 70's, living in Berkeley,studying the likes of Michael Meyer, Dane Rudyhar and that whole group of geniuses. I became very much a fan of Robert Hand eventually, and had the chance to go to a couple of his workshops. During that time, he spoke excitedly about his journey into the past. He was thrilled about the upcoming translations of Old World Astrology, so I followed up on it for awhile. But it was such a huge step away from what I was in the middle of with clients already. It was hard to go from the psychological, modern day jargon offered by Liz Greene to the more 'backward' sounding terms like debilitated and 'in it's fall.' Everything at the time was about making things 'right' and finding the most positive in a chart, and traditional does not always give us that option.
That is still a problem for me. I like to offer hope and change and progress, and traditional rules and terms do not seem to allow that. Am I wrong? :eek:

Yeah, I think you are "wrong," as you put it.

What you have to consider is that the ancient system gives a better reading. There is no doubt about it. And understand that modern astrologers are only using a decrypted version of the original. That is why they have to rely on all sorts of other methods to "read a chart." This is not astrology.

Just now in this forum someone said that "blind readings are really hard, could you give us some information about what is going on this this person's life?"

The whole point is that when you understand all the rules, you'll know exactly what's going on in their life. You don't have to cheat.

At this point you can offer so much better advice. Because it's not all guessing and intuition. Or abstract theory.

(And mind you, I'm the one with Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sagittarius in the 12th! Zoom!)

Don't confuse astrology with something else. The purpose of astrology is to understand a person and everything in life. How could understanding a person in detail not provide for them better advice??

Again, the ancients rules give a far better reading, in timing and meaning and depth. Modern "astrology" is merely psychology with a few archetypes to base upon.

I'll also note that in the '70s the did not have the translations they have today. Hellenistic astrology is being discovered again, and this is so accurate that people's entire lives have been calculated accurately, to the day.

As far as modern stuff goes -- I am also a teacher of A Course In Miracles. I use this in all my readings. I fought over these two seemingly opposite things for a long time, until eventually I began reading about Jesus Christ in the Aquarian Gospel. Do you realize that the three Magi knew that the Christ would be born on that day? And they even knew where to find him -- because of astrology?

A psychological approach cannot do that !

The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ, by the way, was produced in the same manner as the Edgar Cayce readings. It is the real account of the life of Jesus, from birth to death. A Course In Miracles has a famous author, as well....

Joseph

Last edited:

Niplan

Banned
For figuring out dignity, it has to be a partile, which means within 1 degree of perfection. if its not partile, then it doesn't effect the dignity.

Sagmoon

This chart is similar to mine. We might have only a few days difference in birthdays.It is interesting to see view points on the whole saturn/ mars issue. My saturn does square the Sun and is applying to Mars. I'd like to comment from personal experience that I've met a person, who has the same date of birth as me, but being born in a different country his sun made it to a very large square to the Sun indeed, according to Astrodienst. It's very interesting that one of the characteristics of a square is the greater energy to the Sun, which is very apparent in his case. He seemed to have less problems than me in his life, though he mentioned 'that nothing was ever easy in his life', and also seems to be on top of the world with the sheer energy he pours into his hobbies (sports) and well partying a lot. It is through him that I thought my sun is close to be squared. My sun does not have that much energy and I spend a lot of time, well dimmed, if i can say so. It doesn't stop me from being able to turn it on from time to time, but even then i just burn out, and would become depressed in the past. The guy, on the other hand did not suffer from depression. It is a shame I do not have his time of birth. Perhaps it is good to keep all view points in mind, when studying astrology... I understand that it could be due to the midpoint though, so it all really would depend on the degree it reaches the Sun at.

I thought I'd say something, despite not wanting to talk about myself again. This is a wonderful thread, please come back to comment on the personality traits of this person as I have always wondered what it would be like to be born a few days ahead.

Attachments

• Sophiachart1.gif
    Sophiachart1.gif
    25.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Niplan

Banned
I read an explination once that put it into good terms,

Its the concept that you are to reach, not how you reach it.

they used a nude beach as an example and someone else with the same DOB far away, on the same date they had diffrent things happen, but they described them as the same feeling a releasing of a shackle is what they said.

katydid

Joseph Ledzion said:
Yeah, I think you are "wrong," as you put it.

What you have to consider is that the ancient system gives a better reading. There is no doubt about it. And understand that modern astrologers are only using a decrypted version of the original. That is why they have to rely on all sorts of other methods to "read a chart." This is not astrology.

Just now in this forum someone said that "blind readings are really hard, could you give us some information about what is going on this this person's life?"

The whole point is that when you understand all the rules, you'll know exactly what's going on in their life. You don't have to cheat.

At this point you can offer so much better advice. Because it's not all guessing and intuition. Or abstract theory.

(And mind you, I'm the one with Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Sagittarius in the 12th! Zoom!)

Don't confuse astrology with something else. The purpose of astrology is to understand a person and everything in life. How could understanding a person in detail not provide for them better advice??

Again, the ancients rules give a far better reading, in timing and meaning and depth. Modern "astrology" is merely psychology with a few archetypes to base upon.

I'll also note that in the '70s the did not have the translations they have today. Hellenistic astrology is being discovered again, and this is so accurate that people's entire lives have been calculated accurately, to the day.

As far as modern stuff goes -- I am also a teacher of A Course In Miracles. I use this in all my readings. I fought over these two seemingly opposite things for a long time, until eventually I began reading about Jesus Christ in the Aquarian Gospel. Do you realize that the three Magi knew that the Christ would be born on that day? And they even knew where to find him -- because of astrology?

A psychological approach cannot do that !

The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ, by the way, was produced in the same manner as the Edgar Cayce readings. It is the real account of the life of Jesus, from birth to death. A Course In Miracles has a famous author, as well....

Joseph

Well, then I suppose it comes down to me NOT wanting to know everything about someone, no grey area, no room for doubt. I do not think I could handle that well and still be a good counselor. When a woman battling infertility comes to me I like to see what possible options she has and help her choose a path. if I were to look and see NO kids, NEVER, maybe I would not want to be a counselor anymore. :eek: I am sure this makes me sound wimpy to you, I'm just sayin...

Besides, I still believe in free will, and 'spontaneous universal changes' to life and in thoughts, so I think people can change things for the better or for the worse, depending.

starlink

The guy, on the other hand did not suffer from depression
Sagmoon, maybe you have a Moon-Saturn aspect? That could explain your depressive moods, but he does not have that, looking at this chart.

He also has a Sun-Moon trine, showing equilibrium between his subconscious emotions and the way he wants to express himself consciously. That is helpful in staying leveled. He could be quite subjective/introvert though with all those panets below the horizon. The bowl pattern suggests concentration on certain areas of life only, particularly his work (workoholic?) Little public life, friends mostly amongst work collegues probably.

Ruling planet could be either, traditionally Mars in Scorpio or modernly, Sun in Leo. These planets, as Joseph has pointed out to me, show how they "have the last word" in your life. Both cadent (weak) and Sun squaring Saturn ,Mars squaring Venus (ruler of very early experiences in this life , past life experiences, karma a.o.). Probably saying that his life was never really easy is due to the fact that he does seem to not really come out of his cave (Mars in Scorpio) or being hold back by certain insecurities (Sun square Saturn).

Last edited:

Lin

Just want to add my 2 cents. This Sun is not unaspected. Closest aspect is square to Saturn and well within orb...Sun and moon are always given extra orb, but even so, this is well within anyone's definition of 'in orb.' Uranus trines the Sun, separating, but within a 7 degree orb, also very suitable.

And I also ascribe to the belief that if a planet is caught within the orbs of two squares, even if one planet is a bit over orb, it is a"working aspect." and valid.
Certainly this chart is a bit melancholy, with two planets in water (and one of them Mars, really unhappy in a water sign) doing their best to put out the fire of the light of Leo.
LIN