Why does modern astrology portray Scorpio as the strongest sign?

lostinstars

:lol: you’ve described it!
I don’t know why people write endless paragraphs of Pluto with poetic descriptors as if it accomplishes anything of practical value. People eat it up.

When you try to see what their writing about Pluto, it doesn’t really apply to anything and doesn’t have any deeper meaning. People just like it and believe in it because it sounds pretty and dramatic.

8th house Pluto la petit mors yadayadayada it’s all so pretentious :lol:

They think by doing that Pluto will grant them wealth and power, if it were really the case all the modern astrologers and people who sing laurels of Pluto should have become so wealthy that they don't need to read charts for living. :lol:

I don't want to take names but some Western Traditional astrologers and Vedic astrologers are advocating Pluto through their work and readings strongly that it gives wrong impression that this planet is very important.

It’s ironic that they try to wow and dazzle you with words about Pluto yet come up with NOTHING of substance, depth or meaning, other than astrology creative writing exercises.

According to modern astrology Saturn teaches lessons while a planet equivalent to the speck of dust on the planet Saturn (in terms of size) transforms the consciousness. It is beyond my understanding. People blame cult leaders for doing awful things but should equally blame modern astrologers like Liz Greene, Howard Sasportas and others for brainwashing people for generations together.

david starling

This is the Modern Astrology board. Modern astrologers have overwhelmingly accepted Pluto as an important and powerful indicator.

The key word regarding Pluto in Modernistic astrology is "Transformation" .

lostinstars

This is the Modern Astrology board. Modern astrologers have overwhelmingly accepted Pluto as an important and powerful indicator.

The key word regarding Pluto in Modernistic astrology is "Transformation" .

Valid point, not going to argue on that, but how is that a tiny insignificant planet Pluto came to be known for transformation? Pluto as someone living in underworld overseeing the death and death as a transformation, Pluto came to be known for transformation?

Staying in one sign for close to 2.5 decades, I wonder how much transformation this golf ball would bring in a native's consciousness that can't be explained using other planets?

With a great conviction I can say if this hype that Pluto dominant natives are magnetic, intense, dark yada yada was not there this planet would not have got so much fame. And this is coming from a Pluto in Scorpio with Scorpio Asc.

Lastly if we use the keyword "Transformation" and stamp it on each and every house this planet alone is enough for modern astrologers and for changing the consciousness of a native and the other planets as agents for changing the consciousness will be just useless. RIP

Did someone invent golf when Pluto was invented? :lol:

Last edited:

brainpuddle

Re: Desperation of modern astrology to portray Scorpio as the strongest sign.

I agree with a number of users here that this is largely due to sensationalist, positive-only, tabloid-style astrology. At a superficial level, it's easy to make Scorpio out as some kind of mysterious, sexy badboy caricature.
But I wouldn't go so far as to say:
I feel poor Scorpio's personality has been thoroughly raped.
lol
If anything, I think the misconception has been quite favorable to them.

sentR89day

I think it's partly because Scorpio was so hated on for so long, that by the start of the new millennium (2000 and after), people started wanting to see the upside of the sign!

I do see that Scorpio can be a very unpleasant energy, just being honest. But, it is the energy that grows flowers from dirt, and that regenerates after you cut off a dragon's head, another dragon's head grows! So, we do need Scorpio energy, even though it is unpleasant at times!

The19thLaw

I think it's partly because Scorpio was so hated on for so long, that by the start of the new millennium (2000 and after), people started wanting to see the upside of the sign!

I do see that Scorpio can be a very unpleasant energy, just being honest. But, it is the energy that grows flowers from dirt, and that regenerates after you cut off a dragon's head, another dragon's head grows! So, we do need Scorpio energy, even though it is unpleasant at times!

More like Scorps had too much time on their hands due to being social outcasts and self-promoted their sign like none other.

redsilentium

Perhaps it's because scorpio is the only sign in the zodiac with multiple animal symbols? The depth, intensity, mystery and the raw magnetism it represents may have been given extra emphasis- (sex sells) and it's kinda sad how the "stinging" scorpio is often portrayed. Quite imbalanced- the transformational value of scorpio as the eagle or pheonix is often overlooked.

Bunraku

Perhaps it's because scorpio is the only sign in the zodiac with multiple animal symbols? The depth, intensity, mystery and the raw magnetism it represents may have been given extra emphasis- (sex sells) and it's kinda sad how the "stinging" scorpio is often portrayed. Quite imbalanced- the transformational value of scorpio as the eagle or pheonix is often overlooked.

Have you ever talked to one? They're normal people. Ask your scorpio neighbor how their family is doing and they'll go on about how cute their little kids are and show you baby pictures and will invite you out for bbq :)

They're not wh0res or seductresses that came out of a hollywood vampire movie like what you're making it out to be.

AstroPunter86

Scorpio is portrayed as strong because they are a Fixed Sign, however the most physically strong sign I believe is Taurus because they are Fixed Earth and are often the biggest, strongest people (and animal) of the Zodiac.

Happy01130

It’s not correct that “modern astrology” portrays Scorpio as the most “powerful sign”. Any serious astrologer looks at angles, houses, retrogrades, squares, trines, PLANETS.
The reason some people hold this view is because Scorpio holds this view.

[Deleted blog link that does not relate to this topic. You may put a blog link in your signature, but you may not put links in the body of a post if they're not directly relevant to your response. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my second post, after introducing myself, a post that has not appeared yet. I'm a bit nervous to answer. :unsure:

I have never considered astrology to contain a "strongest" or a "weakest" sign. Each sign has its function, its place, its purpose. They are all 30 degrees. No one sign is bigger than another.

In fact, this was the first great gift that astrology gave me, and probably the most freeing of all - It's all important; it's all needed; only the whole thing makes the zodiac. And . . . no one has it all. I don't have to be like everyone or anyone else, practical and organized and wildly artistic and original and independent and a perfect partner, etc., etc.

I'm a gemini with a preponderance in the sign - four planets, including Mercury. In school I was considered a gifted child. I finished all my work first and then I wanted to talk, because I often had anxiety when I wasn't focused. I made A grades in everything but conduct because I talked too much.

Astrology connected that talking to my other gifts, and I realized that I just don't have to be EVERYTHING for EVERYONE. Because we go through that in this society. People often know what they want us to be, without understanding of what is possible.

While Scorpio is the sign of sex - a biological, occasionally spiritual or emotional regeneration (it pumps us full of serotonin), and Scorpios can be very intense and passionate, I have never considered them to be any "sexier" than anyone else. More magnetic in a particular way, yes.

Because the value judgment of sexy depends on who is looking at them, doesn't it?

Last edited:

sentR89day

In my opinion, here are the 'strongest' signs!

1. Capricorn
2. Cancer
3. Leo
4. Scorpio
5. Gemini

For me, Scorpios, and Plutonians, are strong, but their negative karma bounces back on them, they can get too overly emotional, and they can miss details and it can bite them in the butt!

The19thLaw

In my opinion, here are the 'strongest' signs!

1. Capricorn
2. Cancer
3. Leo
4. Scorpio
5. Gemini

For me, Scorpios, and Plutonians, are strong, but their negative karma bounces back on them, they can get too overly emotional, and they can miss details and it can bite them in the butt!

Capricorns are darn powerful, very powerful.

Claire19

I haven’t heard of Scorpio being portrayed as the strongest. I usually hear that Aries is the strongest. Scorpio is known for being the most sexual. Also, in case anyone thinks I’m just saying Aries is the strongest because I’m an Aries, no, I’m not. I may have been born an Aries, but I don’t act like one at all. So I’m not tooting my own horn or anything.

Aries is the most masculine and muscular sign, brave and assertive in its stereotype. Depending on the aspects it will be brutal, aggressive, headstrong and selfish. Or it will be passionate, intrepid and takes the initiative and goes where angels fear to tread and be a pioneer. Some Aries women are tomboys or very forthright and adventurous..

Claire19

What gives?

the way I look at it is Aries the strongest in the physical sense as it rules the 1st house body condition. Mars is the planet and he was all about war and being aggressive. It rules the sexual libido and urges. The energies are overt.
THE ARMED COMBAT, BAYONET.

Scorpio as ruled by Pluto can be more subtle and underhanded. Manipulative and controlling, especially psychologically..it rules the sexual orgasm and especially if resulting in conception. The energies are more covert, HIDDEN ASSASSIN, SNIPER.

Claire19

Capricorns are darn powerful, very powerful.

Capricorn is authorative and disciplinarian, governor, stickler for the rules and regulations and will overcome obstacles to reach the top. Like the Seagoat climbing the mountain...It is the timekeeper and measurer of time passing and ruled by Saturn/Kronos as karmic issues.. Reaping what is sown. As an earth sign often connected to construction, farming, clockmaking, chiropracty,
as ruler of the skeletal system, particularly knees. It also rules the skin as organ. My double Capricorn father used goats milk soap for his skin. How is that for stereotype!! Hair comes under Saturn Capricorn and many go bald.... Capricorn rules 10th house of public life and politics. Where people are ambitious and seek goals.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Because Scorpio had the lowest reputation of all the 12 zodiac sun signs and they are now the most popular of the crowd...Aquarians too, but once were the "nerds"...we may be in the Aquarius age, but we now tolerate arisen Scorpio.

CapAquaPis

Have you ever talked to one? They're normal people. Ask your scorpio neighbor how their family is doing and they'll go on about how cute their little kids are and show you baby pictures and will invite you out for bbq :)

They're not wh0res or seductresses that came out of a hollywood vampire movie like what you're making it out to be.

I have a GF who is Scorpio sun and she isn't a bad bad person to go out with. What we share is an Aquarius moon (I have an Aquarius sun). Never prejudge a person by their sun sign, there is more to know about the person whether it is their astrological star charts or more to it by their personality and character.