Which way of promotion would bring mass success to my channel?

Ananyaa

Hi,
I have my Youtube channel - 'Tech Travel & Food STOP!' I started it recently (5 months back), topics are unique things in world like extreme adventure, theme parks, fitness & innovative smart tech gadgets. I got very good response, in first 3 months, reached 250 subscribers with average 500 views to videos, later it is going slow for 2 months, currently I am feeling progress is stagnant & I am confused, when infact videos are even more interesting like Visiting Harry Potter themepark, goblins, Disney, etc. As per YT conditions, I have to reach 1000 subscribers within a year & certain view time from viewers.

So currently I am thinking of going for promotion, but I can not decide which way out of following. My q is, Which way of promotion would bring mass success? I can not understand which significator is which with so many options.
1. Pamphlates in newspaper in my hometown OR
2. Appointing a someone & giving him target, who will promote it OR
3. Running fb ads or YT ads
4. Messaging a video link to a mass list of whatsapp no.s

Note: My father will be taking care of 1/2, if I opt for anyone, not me directly, as I live abroad. Plz guide.

[If anyone is interested in these topics, plz visit the channel & subscribe (free), some of the really interesting videos are
1.World's extreme thrill rides, The Wizarding world of Harry Potter comes alive at Universal Studios, Orlando, Goblins talking, Hogwarts Express train ride, Firework show disney - 'World Travel Unique' playlist
2. What is Detox, techniques, 12 detox waters to loose weight, improve skin & health- 'Fitness cook book' playlist
3. Underwater mini cam, Filter any water with smart bottle, video recording sunglasses, etc. - 'Innovative & Supercool Tech Gadgets' playlist]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYgN4vR9OWqMWwiDESsE7Ww

Attachments

• astro_2gw_ashwini_kabra_hr.67027.122645.jpg
    astro_2gw_ashwini_kabra_hr.67027.122645.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 28

Gemini888

May I ask, why do you need 1000 subscribers in the first place? If your aim is to establish a career on YT, you first have to try to improve the quality of your videos. If you just keep on promoting instead of making better videos, you will end up annoying people.

I'm not trying to insult you, but currently your videos are a bit all over the place. Some videos have narration while others don't. Your channel doesn't have a definite "theme" either: one day you film yourself going somewhere and the next day you talk about beauty tips. The travel videos also look more like personal diaries than professional videos. I don't understand what is going on in the travel videos.

If you are only doing this for fun, then I have no problem. But if you are going for a serious career, you need to change. Find a theme you would like your channel to have and stick to it. Decide whether to go for narration or not. And try to edit your videos a bit more.

Ananyaa

Gemini888,

Thank you so much for your straight feedback. I loved it. I will tell you what is it.

1000 subs & 4000 hours (2,40,000 minutes) watch time within a year is a YT's condition to continue channel, if that is not met, the channel is discontinued, also YT keeps the videos with them, whatever you have produced in a year.
4000 hrs is a an extremely tough target. Initially I was only focused on Travel as a theme, but 2,40,000 min means atleast 240 videos of 10 min, considering every video has min 100 views. This is an extremely difficult target to achieve & also create 240 videos in a year, if u remain in 1 category & made videos just in one style & no promotion, you wont be able to achieve it as per big youtubers. I had lot of confidence on my videos as I have literally spend one whole week, 10 hours each day just for one video. Later, I listened to many big youtubers, they advise, you have to try making videos in every different style & expand ur categories to attract different audience in first year to meet that requirement. Different type of people like different way of presentation, after you have achieved that target, then you can go for what style you like & people follow you. So you will see three categories, also the channel name goes by that - Tech Travel & Food STOP! I have subscribers from all 3. Also by YT, my one imp goal was to give away knowledge to people, spread awareness of things, so I made Detox videos, safety videos. If you see detox & innovative tech videos, they are crafted to perfection with lot of efforts. I have obsession to be perfectionist.

I had no background on this, I am Masters in Chem Engg., worked as Scientist in mnc. I moved abroad, due to work visa issues it got difficult. But I have good knowledge in many subjects so I thought of starting YT. So truly speaking, I had started it just as a means to give away knowledge to people, that anyone watch 1000 miles away, what all exists or how can you live healthy at a click for free, but I was never like just make the video for the sake of it. I am always too serious about the quality of video & spent one whole week for 1 video. At that time, I also did not know of this YT condition. I got to know after 3/4 weeks. Now I am thinking it to develop as one part of career, as I am feeling it badly. I never thought of promoting as I had confidence in my video quality, presentation & content. But no big youtuber has surpassed this limit without promoting or collaborating. And after tiring work of 6 months, I have reached to the same conclusion which I did not believe in initially.

I am exactly in the middle of figuring out currently, that what type of videos I should make. Really thank you for your valuable suggestion, I will be considering them, I will definitely try to make them more professional.

That is why I need help on chart, because I have done enough on my part & by myself. I am confused which would be the best way as channel is not able to reach more & stranger people. YT does not promote ur videos, just for name sake, until you go for paid YT ads, then it promotes like you appear on 1st page. But some youtubers suggest other ways of promoting. I am is confused what way I should take, so need guidance.
I think newspaper is 9th or 5th? which h YT channel be 5th or 2nd? whatsapp could be 11th, sales person 6th & fb/YT ads? I am beginner in horary, so cant decide. Your inputs will be appreciated.

Last edited: