Afflicted Mars...

samzidan

Hey guys. So I was looking at my natal chart the other day and surprisingly realized for the first time that I have 4 hard aspects to my mars in Virgo (7th house): Mars Square Jupiter, Mars opposite Saturn, Mars square pluto, and Mars squaring my midheaven. Clearly there is something I am supposed to learn/overcome, but I am not exactly sure what it is. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks!

Last edited:

Krewster

The Mars oppo Sat is either very weak-influenced or non-existent (due to orb), unless you clearly feel/experience it.

Even the Mars 90 Pluto is weaker rather than stronger (due to orb) compared to the tight Sun 120 Mars.

Blending the aspect cocktail then leaves you with a possible preponderance of supportive influences to Mars.

and that's not even yet considering the minors (e.g., Mars 144 Uran).

greybeard

The chart is entirely structured around the Common T-square.

Mars is the leading planet in the whole-chart Bowl pattern.

Jupiter is sole dispositor of the chart and focal in the T-square.

Saturn is lord of the Horoscope and lord of the important Capricorn stellium.

The T-square is angular/intercepted, increasing its power/potency.

Given all of these factors pointing out the importance and power of the Common cross configuration as well as the special powers of each of the planets composing it, there is no way this formation can be ignored in delineation. An applying orb of 5 degrees 18 minutes between the Leading planet of a Bowl Pattern and the rising Lord of the Horoscope, both angular, both intercepted, both in square to the final dispositor of the chart and the most powerfully elevated of the planets (i.e., conj MC), is not weak. On the contrary, it is fundamental and primary.

The chart is built around the framework of the Common cross. All of the planets are on one side of the Mars-Saturn opposition, with Jupiter near the midpoint, elevated, in domicile, fiinal dispositor of the map -- but square both malefics who are each powerful in their own right. If the chart is built around a particular structure, then the structure and the planets defining it are brought to power in the personality. If we "let the chart speak to us", don''t try to force its secrets, it will tell us where to look and what we are looking for. Here the powerful optimism (etc., whatever Jupiter "says") is obstructed by the conflict with the father figure (whatever Saturn and Mars say). What this tells us is that this scenario, depicted by astrological symbolism, has formed, in the actual life as lived, a "psychological structure" identical to and therefore described by the astrological structure.

The Bowl Pattern, as a generality of the pattern, suggests a personality that is highly self-sufficient and lives contained in the self. The Mars-Saturn opposition "points in the same direction" because it indicates a certain type of self-isolation which can take any of several forms in manifestation. The emotional detachment of the Aquarius Ascendant may flesh out the picture, but we need to find out what Saturn -- lord of Aquarius [he's lord of Uranus here] -- in emotional Pisces is trying to tell us.

This is a rather unusual chart in that the three planets composing the primary Common cross are not featured so much individually -- they are each about equally powerful -- as the cross formation itself. That is what is highlighted here. To study "the Common signs" will be productive of understanding of self.

Last edited:

samzidan

The chart is entirely structured around the Common T-square.

Mars is the leading planet in the whole-chart Bowl pattern.

Jupiter is sole dispositor of the chart and focal in the T-square.

Saturn is lord of the Horoscope and lord of the important Capricorn stellium.

The T-square is angular/intercepted, increasing its power/potency.

Given all of these factors pointing out the importance and power of the Common cross configuration as well as the special powers of each of the planets composing it, there is no way this formation can be ignored in delineation. An applying orb of 5 degrees 18 minutes between the Leading planet of a Bowl Pattern and the rising Lord of the Horoscope, both angular, both intercepted, both in square to the final dispositor of the chart and the most powerfully elevated of the planets (i.e., conj MC), is not weak. On the contrary, it is fundamental and primary.

The chart is built around the framework of the Common cross. All of the planets are on one side of the Mars-Saturn opposition, with Jupiter near the midpoint, elevated, in domicile, fiinal dispositor of the map -- but square both malefics who are each powerful in their own right. If the chart is built around a particular structure, then the structure and the planets defining it are brought to power in the personality. If we "let the chart speak to us", don''t try to force its secrets, it will tell us where to look and what we are looking for. Here the powerful optimism (etc., whatever Jupiter "says") is obstructed by the conflict with the father figure (whatever Saturn and Mars say). What this tells us is that this scenario, depicted by astrological symbolism, has formed, in the actual life as lived, a "psychological structure" identical to and therefore described by the astrological structure.

The Bowl Pattern, as a generality of the pattern, suggests a personality that is highly self-sufficient and lives contained in the self. The Mars-Saturn opposition "points in the same direction" because it indicates a certain type of self-isolation which can take any of several forms in manifestation. The emotional detachment of the Aquarius Ascendant may flesh out the picture, but we need to find out what Saturn -- lord of Aquarius [he's lord of Uranus here] -- in emotional Pisces is trying to tell us.

This is a rather unusual chart in that the three planets composing the primary Common cross are not featured so much individually -- they are each about equally powerful -- as the cross formation itself. That is what is highlighted here. To study "the Common signs" will be productive of understanding of self.

greybeard thank you so much for your reply. I have been reading up on T-squares since your post and I can honestly say that things make a lot more sense now. I still have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with:

1. What is it exactly that Saturn, in the first house in Pisces, with its apparent aspects is trying to tell us?

2. When reading up on T-squares, I learned that the way to 'solve' them is to look for the house opposite the Point Focus, which is the third house in this case. What do you think?

greybeard

Well, I wrote out a half-dozen paragraphs about your chart....and then it all disappeared. I'm not going to rewrite. Too bad folks are so reticent with their birth data. With birth data I can cast the chart on my own computer and won't lose everything as I switch back and forth from writing to examining the chart. And blacking out your birth data does not hide it; if you post your chart your birth data is available to whoever wants it – any horoscope fits only one time and place.