Do not want to get hurt again…can someone just give me the cold hard truth?

astrology02

I became really good friends with a girl I worked with. It seemed we had a really great friendship. I had been hurt so many times before in friendships that I thought maybe I finally found a genuine friend?

She just has been ignoring me and lately I am regretting this friendship.

By the looks of the synastry and composite chart, does she care at all to be friends or should I just not waste my time?

I have been hurt by too many friends in the past that maybe I am too sensitive to rejection. I asked my astrologer and she tried to sugarcoat things…I just want the truth either way :(

Thanks so much guys!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 2.51.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 2.51.32 AM.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 2.52.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 2.52.15 AM.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 22

miquar

Hi. Are you the inner or outer ring of the bi-wheel? It would help me to try to discuss your problem if you could post both natal charts individually, as its difficult to see which natal aspects are within orb on the bi-wheel.

astrology02

Hi. Are you the inner or outer ring of the bi-wheel? It would help me to try to discuss your problem if you could post both natal charts individually, as its difficult to see which natal aspects are within orb on the bi-wheel.

Hi Miquar,

I am the inner one. I have venus square saturn aspect, 1 degree applying which is in the middle of a t-square. I also have venus square neptune, uranus and jupiter. So it's safe to say relationships are a bit tricky :(

I just see the same pattern always happening. I have been through more friendships than i can count. And I can't even explain a lot of the time what exactly went wrong.

I thought maybe I finally found someone who could be a lifelong friend. But I can see it following the same pattern as other friendships. That is why I just don't want to put anymore effort into it if that is what is going to happen.

The first chart is mine w/ the venus square, the 2nd one is my friends :)

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.56.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.56.55 PM.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.57.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.57.54 PM.png
    187 KB · Views: 19

miquar

Hi astroloy02. There seem to be two very prominent configurations in your chart which have particular bearing on your issues around friendship. Perhaps the most significant is the very tight Mars Chiron Pluto configuration, the orbs in which are close enough for each of these planets to contact the midpoint of the other two. Pluto opposes the Moon across the meridian (parental) axis, and there is a sense that the recurring pattern you mention is an attempt by you, on some level, to resolve difficulties connected with a parent - probably your mother. One possibility is that she carried bitterness and resentment about the way life has treated her, and that this in some way affected how safe you felt as a child, leading to your inheritance of some of her difficult feelings. (If she wasn't around, then you could have felt unsafe and resentful because of that, and/or in connection with your bond with another care-giver). Before I try to say more, I'll wait for more information about the pattern that you have mentioned, rather than going off at irrelevant tangents.

Venus squaring the multiple oppositions between Jupiter and Chiron, and Saturn, Uranus and Neptune is also likely to be a strong significator for your friendship issues. This is such a labyrinth of planetary ties that I won't try and pick it apart until there is more information about the recurring pattern that you speak of. Looking at the t square as a whole, there is a sense that perhaps your self-esteem is derived by feeling like a worthwhile participant in the larger life of which you are part, but that you find this a very confusing thing to fulfil. The confusion may come from the fact that your community, your society, the human race seems to be an ugly distortion of this larger life. A friendship is a micro-community, and your experience of friendship may bring up the same confusion.

astrology02

Hi astroloy02. There seem to be two very prominent configurations in your chart which have particular bearing on your issues around friendship. Perhaps the most significant is the very tight Mars Chiron Pluto configuration, the orbs in which are close enough for each of these planets to contact the midpoint of the other two. Pluto opposes the Moon across the meridian (parental) axis, and there is a sense that the recurring pattern you mention is an attempt by you, on some level, to resolve difficulties connected with a parent ….

Hi Miquar!

Thank you so much for your detailed response! I have always been aware of the t-square in my chart, but never the mars-chiron-pluto configuration. Pluto opposing the moon seems to be the theme of my life.

When I was little my mother was overprotective- she always kind of shielded me from the harsh realities of life. I know her intentions were good, but it hindered my growth. I am now 25, unable to cope with life. I almost feel like the world is such an ugly place and full of unpleasant things- that I spend most of my time by myself.

I have tried meditation, yoga and other spiritual things to try to get rid of this outlook, but nothing has worked. It always comes back.

Now my mom has this deep resentment towards me. She would go from being very loving to completely losing it on me. (very moon-pluto like). Whenever I am around her, I always sense that she does love me, but also hates me (if that makes sense). I think in a lot of ways she resented being a mother because she had to put her needs aside. We barely talk now- I will always love her, but I resent the way she parented me, and subconsciously blame her for the way my life has turned out. We have a very strong (scorpio like) love-hate relationship. I didn't see how much it has influenced me until recently.

My relationships with friends and people in general are very confusing. I don't know how to be a friend, I really do try but it's just relationships are very difficult and trying for me. I wish things were different, I tried meditation but I am still alone. And I have got used to being alone, so I can't imagine my life any different. It's almost like I subconsciously push people away because I know it won't work out.

miquar

Hi astrolgy02. Thanks for your response. Its very perceptive and articulate and I'll try to do it justice with a fuller response tomorrow when I'm less tired. One of the things that strikes me is that if you spend most of your time alone, then any close friendship you get into will become the focal point of the various issues you touched on - issues with your mother, issues with the world, issues with yourself.

You haven't yet said anything about the pattern according to which your friendships have tended to deteriorate. I understand that this may be a painful exercise, but I think it would help to clarify how your predisposition and upbringing have been contributing to your friendship problems, and this clarity would enhance your capacity to do things differently in the future.

astrology02

Hi astrolgy02. Thanks for your response. Its very perceptive and articulate and I'll try to do it justice with a fuller response tomorrow when I'm less tired. One of the things that strikes me is that if you spend most of your time alone, then any close friendship you get into will become the focal point of the various issues you touched on - issues with your mother, issues with the world, issues with yourself.

You haven't yet said anything about the pattern according to which your friendships have tended to deteriorate. I understand that this may be a painful exercise, but I think it would help to clarify how your predisposition and upbringing have been contributing to your friendship problems, and this clarity would enhance your capacity to do things differently in the future.

Once again Miquar- thank you :)

My friendships always have the same theme. I meet someone who is in a bad place emotionally or going through a rough time. I help them to solve their problem and then they disappear from my life. It is always the same scenario playing out in my life but with different people or circumstances. For instance I met a friend who had a drug problem and was struggling with money. I helped them to get clean and then they moved to Italy. I met another friend that I worked with whose father had just recently passed away. I helped her understand her grief and then suddenly she got another job, moved away & we lost contact. I met another friend who was depressed, once she overcame her depression- her boyfriend prevented us from talking. So the same scenario (I meet someone with a problem, help them to fix it- then they disappear from my life).

I went to an astrologer who said that I was an "old soul". She said my mission in life is to help others reach the next level of their journey. Once they reach that new level I seek out someone else to help. I guess when you look at it from a spiritual point of view it is a good life. But it can get lonely.

I know that things will get a little better after my saturn return (in a couple years). Also transiting pluto is about to conjunct my ASC (currently in my 12th house) so this is really throwing me for a loop.

But I guess a bigger question I have is - Can we overcome the challenges in our natal chart? I know most people will say "most definitely!" but I am really struggling with it. I keep thinking that maybe I have to experience these things on a karmic level. Maybe we can lessen the impact of certain aspects, but I really believe that they will always remain at our very core.

I have done subliminal meditation focusing on self love for 2 years..every day. I will say it has helped me a lot. I finally can appreciate who I am, people seem more receptive. However the core issues of my life still remain. I still push people away, I am still alone and I haven't found a meaningful relationship. But I have now made peace with it.

Have you overcome the challenges in your natal chart? or do they still exist? Can we really change our destiny/ fate- or is that a misconception? I struggle day to day with these questions.

I know everyone has their own views on fate/ astrology. Learning astrology was both a blessing and a curse for me. Everytime I look at my natal chart, I feel almost paralyzed because I know of all these challenges. I guess I am just looking for proof that these challenges can be overcome, not just wishful thinking :)

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. So you say that the pattern begins with you meeting someone who is in a bad way - who needs your help. Does this apply to the work colleague who has started ignoring you lately? If this is the way that these friendships always start, some of the following points may be worth you reflecting on.

Your mother's preoccupation with what might go wrong, and her subsequent compulsion to protect you, would have obscured other facets of the child-parent bond. You perhaps didn't feel affirmed for who you are and what you can do, and this would probably account for much of the resentment that you felt/feel towards her. Having not been affirmed, you believe that you have little inherent worth (as you noted in one of your posts), and that the only people who will want to bond with you are those who really need something from you. There are various possible implications of this which spring to mind: one is that if the friendship is based on the need of the friend, then it won't necessarily last beyond the point where the friend's need has been met; another is that the friend may begin to feel uncomfortable about the dynamic, because they have been cast in the role of the needy one - perhaps even feeling on some level that you have used her or him to feed your need to be needed; another is that you are wearing an invisible badge that says, 'Use me and then discard me - I'm not worth more respect than that', and so you attract people who don't carry the same amount of love and loyalty in their heart as you do.

So one thing you could do would be to carry on with the self-esteem work you've been doing, and try to form friendships which are not based on the friend's overt need, and also not based on your need to be needed, or a sense that you have to be giving, giving, giving to justify your place in the friendship.

Whether this pattern has any karmic basis I wouldn't like to speculate. By whichever means it came to be established in your life and ingrained in your psyche, you can choose to step out of it and allow it to gradually dissolve, or you can remain entrenched in it and continually reconstellate it. In so far as you can step out of it, you will get instant relief, though you will need to remain alert to not start identifying with it again. The predisposition shown in the chart is not who you are. You are the pure consciousness out of which thoughts, feelings and emotions arise according to the predisposition reflected by the state of your celestial environment at birth.

If we strive to overcome the challenges in our natal charts, we just switch one drama for a seemingly more evolved one, denying ourselves the peace which comes from no longer identifying our conditioning as 'I'. The aspects will not remain at your very core. They are not your very core; they never have been and never will be. At your very core is peace and tranquility - pure life, pure consciousness. Your ego will tell you that only it knows how to survive or resolve this or that drama, but it will always lead you into yet another drama. The ego is founded on self-protective instincts, and so will never surrender to the tranquility at your core.

In this sense astrology is irrelevant. It is a toy for the ego which may help some people to get leverage against blind spots, but which at some point becomes a distraction from the issue which lies at the heart of every human life - whether to cling to a sense of separateness, or to be fully alive (thus living 'life' rather than 'my life').

From a place of stillness, you make different decisions. You may not help someone you would have helped previously. Trust the stillness, not your ego. I recommend Eckhart Tolle for guidance in finding the place fo stillness within. He has some stuff on You Tube, including a video called 'The Most Powerful Video on Spirituality' (I don't think he gave it this label). His book 'A New Earth' is wonderful and well worth a read. There was an audio book of it on You Tube which you can donwload onto your phone if you have a You Tube app which does this. I think if you play it on You Tube you get lots of ad breaks apparantly.

Making peace with your aloneness could be a significant step forward, but the ego will still be in control of that acceptance. The ego is still getting you into the same dynamic, and is now reinforced in some ways because you have added to your sense of identity 'I am a person who is destined to be lonely.' So keep going - keep relaxing into the stillness until you don't identify with anything.

astrology02

Hi. So you say that the pattern begins with you meeting someone who is in a bad way - who needs your help. Does this apply to the work colleague who has started ignoring you lately? If this is the way that these friendships always start, some of the following points may be worth you reflecting on. ….

Thank you , thank you, thank you Miquar! I really appreciate all the time and effort you took to analyze my situation. I needed to hear those words about the ego and how we need to take the "I" out of the situation and not use astrology as an excuse or a crutch.

Thank you again- you have been so helpful :) I appreciate it so much.

miquar

Hi astrology02. Thanks for your responses. I hope that a different type of friendship is on the horizon for you. Best wishes,

Elra

Hi Astrology02

I will give it to you honestly! In my experience reading countless charts over the years I do not see that people can change their destinies. I know there is a range of views on this, many people say we still have 'choice' and simply need to apply 'effort' to a selected area and change occurs. And this might work for some (which incidentally is their destiny for this to occur) but it does not work for everyone. And it's not because these other people are not trying 'hard' enough. In my view we are here living out energy which is not ours. It is the reflection of a vast, complex and multileveled existence at the time of birth. So essentially what I am saying is that your Pluto (cusping 11th House - ps. I use the Equal House System) encounters in the house of friends will not stop suddenly and never happen again. The strong binding and then cutting the ties energy pattern will continue. Sometimes it will be they who cut the cords, other times it will be you who cuts the cords by bringing too much intensity to the connections. I have Pluto in the 11th house and this is something that I too have painfully accepted as part of my destiny. There is a lot of other activity going on in your Chart which is contributing to your 'wounds' and pain in-relating - but I will leave this post at here for the time being. Hope I have given you the 'cold hard truth' a little bit more than the lukewarm Astrologer that you saw.

All the best!

Elra :)

Last edited: