Cancer is a selfless ego

or1000

As a cancer sun, with north node 1st, my cancer sun doesn’t summit to the leader role. It’s very selfless. I don’t connect with the cancerian traits at all and they’re in fact alien to me. The leader in me is held back by this nurturing, selfless ego now and then and it’s jarring. It’s not earthy homelife energy, or practical, it seems emotionally attached to all things. And I don’t know about it. Do you have advice on connecting to cancer sun?

Last edited:

Lykanized

I really have my own ideas as to what Cancer is and a few ways in which it's misunderstood. The moon represents the soul, the deeper self, even layers of what's less conscious as well as relating to emotion. So when people relate it to 'home', I don't look at it as something Earthy at all, but more abstract and a lot deeper than physical home. Same with the 4th house. Otherwise, there's no possible way I could relate to NN in the 4th. I'm on a search for the deepest truths of myself. Emotional attachment makes sense for Cancer imo. I'm not sure if I see Cancerian energy as leadership either, but more so the cardinal energy is based around emotions, self, and soul which could create a great leader, but it doesn't seem like most Cancers are very interested in leadership. It could lead to creation instead. Nurturing makes sense too. And I think a developed Cancer is an extremely emotionally strong creature, but even then it wouldn't have to yield someone interested in leadership

I find myself to not be at all interested in leadership. Nor in following. I prefer to be a lonewolf but that's come to my detriment personally. Can you expand on why you feel you don't connect with the Cancer sun a little more?

or1000

I really have my own ideas as to what Cancer is and a few ways in which it's misunderstood. The moon represents the soul, the deeper self, even layers of what's less conscious as well as relating to emotion. So when people relate it to 'home', I don't look at it as something Earthy at all, but more abstract and a lot deeper than physical home. Same with the 4th house. Otherwise, there's no possible way I could relate to NN in the 4th. I'm on a search for the deepest truths of myself. Emotional attachment makes sense for Cancer imo. I'm not sure if I see Cancerian energy as leadership either, but more so the cardinal energy is based around emotions, self, and soul which could create a great leader, but it doesn't seem like most Cancers are very interested in leadership. It could lead to creation instead. Nurturing makes sense too. And I think a developed Cancer is an extremely emotionally strong creature, but even then it wouldn't have to yield someone interested in leadership

I find myself to not be at all interested in leadership. Nor in following. I prefer to be a lonewolf but that's come to my detriment personally. Can you expand on why you feel you don't connect with the Cancer sun a little more?

I can relate to your searching for deep meaning through this placement. I do believe in the leadership through creation for sure. I believe more than anything, that i resist the cancer traits because they can seem pointless. I experience waves of emotions. From hour to hour. There's possibly an ignorant lack of understanding from this emotional side of things, because I just don't find it earthy, productive or necessary. I have a moon scorpio - saturn taurus hard aspect; the need for something earthy and therefore rejecting the moon ruled sign?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
The leader in me is held back by this nurturing, selfless ego now and then and it’s jarring. It’s not earthy homelife energy, or practical, it seems emotionally attached to all things. And I don’t know about it. Do you have advice on connecting to cancer sun?

It depends on your chart as a whole. It sounds like you are very connected to the Cancer in you: emotionally attached is very Cancer, and very water sign in general. If you have more water sign placements, particularly if you also have a water sign moon and/or ascendant (is Cancer also your rising sign?), then your emotions and sensitivity would be amped way up. If that Cancer sun is the only water sign placement you have, then you wouldn't be that watery at all.

It's interesting that you say "the leader in me is held back by this nurturing, selfless ego." How are you defining leader? An actual leader does need to be selfless, to the extent that they're attuned to the people they're leading and acting in the best interests of the group, even when the best interests of the group are not the same as their own self interests.

or1000

It depends on your chart as a whole. It sounds like you are very connected to the Cancer in you: emotionally attached is very Cancer, and very water sign in general. If you have more water sign placements, particularly if you also have a water sign moon and/or ascendant (is Cancer also your rising sign?), then your emotions and sensitivity would be amped way up. If that Cancer sun is the only water sign placement you have, then you wouldn't be that watery at all.

It's interesting that you say "the leader in me is held back by this nurturing, selfless ego." How are you defining leader? An actual leader does need to be selfless, to the extent that they're attuned to the people they're leading and acting in the best interests of the group, even when the best interests of the group are not the same as their own self interests.

Moon scorpio, earth ascendant. I am almost equally water/air dominant. I just can't relate to how cancer is described. I feel like the scorpio. My sun is positioned in my 10th house (placidus). So I was wondering if this is a defence to ignore the traits as they're very amplified. I read something about this placement, being a balance between giving, nurture and self-protecting. As I said also, the pluto 4th. I don't really know the cancer sun as everybody else describes.

Last edited:

or1000

And how does "everybody else" describe the Cancer sun? What about it do you not relate to?

I'm self protected, I can be hyper-sensitive, overly emotional, overprotective. I can't often see past myself because I'm a hypochondriac and have lots of obsessive traits and bringing others into that makes things even more confusing so I put up a barrier. Virgo ascendant. I do adore hosting and entertaining, taking care of others through making good food, having close and harmonious relationships and perceptive conversations. But that barrier comes up, and I basically become this self-reliant, don't need people type of character after a while. Maybe it comes with trust? Which I haven't had since being a child in home or family life.

I suppose the bottomline is I don't understand the meaning of the cancer sun sign in my life purpose and the way you make your mark as people say it is. There just doesn’t seem like any oomph and I don’t get the cancer life purpose. And I suppose it’s quite depressing. I do have sun-moon trine, the easily flowing of watery energies may not help the situation sometimes as it sounds like it could give a lounging in depths of emotions!��

Last edited:

Lindsay

I have cancer sun and picies moon. I have worked a lot of my life in massage therapy as a healing modality. Water is a very healing nurturing and intuitive element. You probably empathise well, possibly quite imaginative, soulful and creative. You may feel others feelings, be moved by an act of kindness. Maybe you nurture other and yourself by cooking, gardening, caring for children or animals, healing work, caring for those who are unwell. Maybe you connect with this planet and are here to heal it.The main thing with all this is it becomes very necessary to have good self care. Cancer is also mystical and feminin and easily resonates w divine feminin. As the mother (goddesses) of the zodiac we cocreate and nurture life!

QUOTE=or1000;905863]I'm self protected, I can be hyper-sensitive, overly emotional, overprotective. I can't often see past myself because I'm a hypochondriac and have lots of obsessive traits and bringing others into that makes things even more confusing so I put up a barrier. Virgo ascendant. I do adore hosting and entertaining, taking care of others through making good food, having close and harmonious relationships and perceptive conversations. But that barrier comes up, and I basically become this self-reliant, don't need people type of character after a while. Maybe it comes with trust? Which I haven't had since being a child in home or family life.

I suppose the bottomline is I don't understand the meaning of the cancer sun sign in my life purpose and the way you make your mark as people say it is. There just doesn’t seem like any oomph and I don’t get the cancer life purpose. And I suppose it’s quite depressing. I do have sun-moon trine, the easily flowing of watery energies may not help the situation sometimes as it sounds like it could give a lounging in depths of emotions!��[/QUOTE]

or1000

I have cancer sun and picies moon. I have worked a lot of my life in massage therapy as a healing modality. Water is a very healing nurturing and intuitive element. You probably empathise well, possibly quite imaginative, soulful and creative. You may feel others feelings, be moved by an act of kindness. Maybe you nurture other and yourself by cooking, gardening, caring for children or animals, healing work, caring for those who are unwell. Maybe you connect with this planet and are here to heal it.The main thing with all this is it becomes very necessary to have good self care. Cancer is also mystical and feminin and easily resonates w divine feminin. As the mother (goddesses) of the zodiac we cocreate and nurture life!

QUOTE=or1000;905863]I'm self protected, I can be hyper-sensitive, overly emotional, overprotective. I can't often see past myself because I'm a hypochondriac and have lots of obsessive traits and bringing others into that makes things even more confusing so I put up a barrier. Virgo ascendant. I do adore hosting and entertaining, taking care of others through making good food, having close and harmonious relationships and perceptive conversations. But that barrier comes up, and I basically become this self-reliant, don't need people type of character after a while. Maybe it comes with trust? Which I haven't had since being a child in home or family life.

I suppose the bottomline is I don't understand the meaning of the cancer sun sign in my life purpose and the way you make your mark as people say it is. There just doesn’t seem like any oomph and I don’t get the cancer life purpose. And I suppose it’s quite depressing. I do have sun-moon trine, the easily flowing of watery energies may not help the situation sometimes as it sounds like it could give a lounging in depths of emotions!��
[/QUOTE]

Your post resonates with me a lot. I just have to be in touch with it in the right way that suits. I thank you. :love: