Natal's 9th house and living abroad.

LordByron

I'd like some kind of astro help here because I got a bit confused interpetating my chart (specially whatever involves with 9th house. ). Any help would be appreciated.

As long as I remember myself I always wanted to live abroad. I don't know why but somehow the idea of moving out of boarders always seemed more than interesting. Foreing people, foreing languages, foreing cultures or even traveling around the word intruegues my curiosity. Even most of my relationships happened to be with foreing people. So I decided to take a chance and think seriously of living abroad.

I'll give you the picture of what's going on with my natal chart to discuss whether or not are any indicators that promise life across boarders.
Here you are :

Cusp of 9th in Cancer.
In the 9th house there's Venus in Leo and Mercury in Cancer.

So, the ruler of 9th is Moon. Is that right ? Moon in natal chart is in Capricorn in the 2nd house (cusp in Sag.). [ Moon's major aspects : Conjucts Neptune, Opposits Sun in Cancer (8th) and sextils Pluto in Scorpio (12th) ]. The total score of Moon's Essential Dignities is -10p. Also Moon is mutual receptioning to Mercury [Ruler - Term ]

Some other facts :
about Venus
trines Saturn in Sag. (1st house)
squares Pluto
total score : +5
3 mutual receptions with Sun
1 mutual reception with Mercury

about Mercury
trines Jupiter in Pisces ( in the end of 4th house)
opposits Mars in Capr (in the 3rd house)
total score : +2
1 mutual reception with Moon
1 mutual reception with Venus.

So, any help out there? Hope I didn't confuse you guys! :unsure:
Thanks in advance!!!
:joyful:

Last edited:

LordByron

Oh! Sorry! Here's my natal chart.

2wp1gky.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. :)

LordByron

2qn5q3a.gif

Well, here you are the tabular you asked.

An interest in poetry ? Νο, actually. But in case you're refering to the Moon Nept conjuction, I have to say that in my spare time I do a lot of creative work, such as painting and drawing or even writting. Seems like a deep need to me to escape the realm of reality. Thank God that this urge for escapism doesn't occur all the time. Or should I say thank Saturn in 1st house ? :)

So, let me see if i got what you said right :
1. Prosperity from parents. This one is already off the list.
2. A clear eye on financial resources. Too unstable and with many ups and downs. Well, with Moon and Uranus in second I think you're right.
3. The foreing love. This is the one I don't get it. By investing, you mean to be more careful or just to "grab" the chance and actually go along with it ?

Last edited:
I'm not at all surprised with venus and mercury in 9th house that you want to live abroad. So what's stopping you?? :innocent:

research into moon ruling 9th house cusp and it's natal aspects. Moon conj Neptune, emotional confusions, illusions and delusions. Moon opp sun divided parents, moon quincunx venus

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Venus

The frustration you experience in life often comes because you get what you ask for from other people (and life in general). Unfortunately, what you ask for isn't what you want. Partly, you are slowly learning better communication skills, and partly you are learning to understand your own deeper cravings as they are. You see the unacknowledged and undigested parts of your sensitivity and creativity present in others, but, these are really projections that you have to own within your self if you are to change for the better.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

when your progressed sun gets into 9th house these feelings of wanting to live abroad will intensify as will ALL 9th house interests ie: higher education, travel, philosophy, the law, religion etc...

Firstly, for a proper evaluation you should consider posting your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24042

the above threads are 'how to' get, select and post the correct charts.

midnight sun

I wanted to live abroad so much(I have 2 planets in 9th) I'm now abroad and I want to go back.

If there is an opposition between 3rd and 9th house, I think it causes a dilemma like this. You want to be far away all the time but once you're far away you always want to go back. So there is a balance need.

First I think you must try a short term living, then decide what you really want to do. Venus in being Leo is good I think. Because Cancer always misses her home. Also Venus is the ruler of your 7th house can show a marriage with foreigner.

And to my opinion, 9th house is travelling. Don't mix the idea of travelling and living in somewhere else. Travelling is always more nice. And living is hard.

And you must have an interest in psychology:))

Last edited:

scorpittarian

i too love travelling HERE n THERE...everywhere...exploring new territories!:smile:

my parents come from 2 different countries...i ws born n live in a country which is totally different from my native places.......:smile:
i ws born 2 a hindu dad & buddhist mom in an islamic state & attended a catholic school. well, i'm non-religious(previously an atheist)....:andy:

my dad has jupiter conj descendant & mom hs jupiter in the 5th + desc in sag.

my 9H is in libra.
jupiter in scorpio in the 9H.

venus - lord of the ninth
is in sagittarius in the 10th.

now ur chart,
venus rules ur descendant & is placed in the 9th.

neptune rules ur 5H of romance & is conjunct the moon(lord of the 9th).

jupiter almost conj 5H cusp.

i think there's a possibility of finding love in a foreign country, with a foreigner......where's ur juno? it's placement in sag/aspecting jupiter or in d 9th increases ur likelihood.:love:

i don't know what in a chart indicates foreign travel.i checked both their charts 2 find nothing.:annoyed:

Claire19

Oh! Sorry! Here's my natal chart.

2wp1gky.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Mercury in Cancer in the 9th along with Venus suggests living abroad and making money there and you would be connected to water, chemicals or oil
or perhaps photography. You may have more than one home there and move around quite a lot.

bittermoon

Don't know your marital status, but Venus in the 9th is an indicator of marrying a foreigner.

Cusp of the 9th is in Cancer. Yes, Cancer is 'homebody-ish', but also quite adaptable. In general, Cancer does not have great difficulty making itself at home.

I am a Cancer Sun and have both lived abroad and traveled for many years. I do agree with Midnight Sun, though. Living abroad and traveling are entirely different. Traveling is great fun, moving to another country seems much more enjoyable than it actually is. Dealing with immigration, insurance, taxes, employment, often limited rights and perhaps languages you don't speak is tiring. Having said that, it never did stop me!

Your second house (earned income a.o.) is in Sagittarius, so that would tie in very nicely with your dream of living abroad. Especially since the Moon is also in that house. Plus Jupiter in the 4th might indicate working from home (or in something like real estate), or being able to create a nice home.

Your chart does give you some good indications a move abroad might work out for you.

midnight sun

I know a person who has 3 planets in 9th house; Sun, Mars, Mercury and she doesn't live abroad or work abroad. Even the ruler of her 7th house is in 9th house, she didn't marry to a foreigner. All these planets are in Cancer and she's a doctor. (I think typical Cancer in 9th house)

So I'm surprised when people talk so exact like "you will live abroad and marry a foreigner". You're acting like a fortune teller. I think the chart gives the opportunity. But the person has to know how to use it and the other conditions has to be right. And 9th house is not just about abroad.

9th house is also about inner travelling. Thinking and discovering yourself and the world. If a planet in 9th house is the ruler of 7th, not just a foreigner but it can show an interest in people who has deep thinking and is idealist. And usually interest in higher education, with Mercury there, a person can be a teacher or researcher in a university.

Wildezword

I've always found house lordships to be more helpful in determining permanent residency abroad than the planets themselves, but I use the sidereal zodiac for that. You gotta make absolutely certain the house positions and lordships are accurate. Looking at 9th/12th house planets alone could just indicate affinities that come and go.

Last edited:

bittermoon

I don't make 'predictions'. When I look at a natal chart I see possibilities, tendencies, strengths, weaknesses etc. I believe in free will. As per basic astrology, having Venus in the 9th could mean marriage to a foreigner. Doesn't mean that it will materialize. I have 2 planets in my 5th house (Sun and Mercury) in Cancer. Seems favourable to having children. I am 39 and I do not have any.

In both tropical and sidereal, I have no planets in my 9th house. Yet, I have lived in 5 different countries (and moving abroad again next week) and traveled lots. Nothing is written in stone.

I can't believe this, it's amazing....looks like you're my astrological twin or somethin' because the similarities between our charts are unbelievble...

I'll post you my chart to see it for yourself...I hope you'll contact me....oh & btw, I have exactly the same craving for far countries (especially Ireland, India, Tibet, Scotland, ancient Atlantis etc.), foreign people etc. Most of my love relationships were with foreign people, I didn't travel around the world YET, but it's my life-long passion...oh, and someone mentioned poetry :innocent: I'm a poet ;o) just published my first book couple months ago ;o)

ok enough about me, let's see can we have an interesting discussion about astrological similarities & how they effect our lives...

this is my chart:

namaste!

Spicadilly

I have a busy 9th house and I live abroad for many years. I don't travel as much as I wouddl like but I sure love hanging with people from different cultures and wacthing travel programs. I also love learning new things which is 3/9 axis.

Olivia

For living abroad, I would look for aspects between the 4th and 9th rulers (traditional only, don't use modern rulerships for this), and sometimes even 1-9-4 rulers mixing it up - but almost always there's a major aspect between the 4th and 9th house rulers.