on poorly formulated questions

cutesag

Hi, after reading the thread on the lack of seriousness of questions and how they can be poorly formulated, I just had an experience with it. Actually, it was by reading the thread that I was able to mature the question properly. I must say that when being aware of the current positions of the planets it is very tempting to, even if unconciously, ask a question at a particular moment. However, unless you do nothing else but to look at the current positions of the planets, it is not so obvious to know where the moon stands (sign AND degree), so in the end the seriousness and maturity of the question (or lack of it) will show up in the chart.

Yesterday I cast a chart with a somewhat unclear question in mind (something between "how does this guy feel about me" and "will this guy contact me"). As you can see, the "yesterday" chart has an early AC, although the lack of aspect between the significators (moon and saturn) sort of hints that NO is the answer to any question attempt.

Today, after reading the thread, light was made that what I really wanted to ask was "is this guy married" (there is a long story behind the utter and utmost relevance of this question, but I'll spare you the details). I cast chart again and, of course, AC has good degrees for analysis!!! Amazing!!!

I'm still moon and he's still saturn, peregrine in sag (Saturn is fitting to him, not by age, but by character). However, this chart is a completely different story. He's now in 5th house (makes sense given all the background to this issue) and moon is now peregrine in gemini, applying opposition to saturn. Although there is an applying aspect, with both significators peregrine and locked in an out of sign grand cross with jupiter and mars in communication houses, our shape is pretty bad. Regarding the actual question, my answer is YES, since in my 7th and his turned 1st there are venus (wife) in conjunction with mercury (they have a child together), and these two are applying sextile to saturn and trine to moon (co-significator of action in horary).

Ok, this is my take on it. Pls correct me if I got anything wrong or there is any relevant thing I have missed. Many thanks! Apart from this being a truly relevant question (for me, naturally), I'm also very keen on horary. After the experience I just had with it, I find it even more fascinating.

Attachments

• yesterday.jpg
    yesterday.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 21
  • today.jpg
    today.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 22

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hello cutesag,

I'm glad that that thread inspired you to be more clear in your questions. Keep it up.

However, I think both of these charts tell the same story, but in slightly similar ways. From this point on "chart 1" will refer to the 1° Cancer Ascendant chart and "chart 2" will be the 19° Cancer chart.

For chart 1, the Moon is in her exaltation, but applies a square to Mars in Aquarius in the Ninth, who then refuses it. This is a pretty good indicator that whatever future this relationship has would not be a healthy or successful one. Making it worse is that Mars rules a bad house, but being in the Ninth could indicate some irreconcilable philosophical/religious/political differences. Saturn in the Sixth sounds like someone who is completely unable to do anything about the situation, and the Sun in the Seventh and in Saturn's house indicates that there is someone else involved (that wife you mentioned).

A lot of these same issues are echoed in chart two. The biggest differences is of course the Moon's change of sign. Moon really doesn't like Gemini, and loses a lot of the power she had to get things done when she was Taurus. Here she is again applying to a malefic planet, this time Saturn which, of course, shows a difficult contact between the two of you and there is no reception to mitigate it, so it's not going to end well. Furthermore, placements of the queisted in the Fifth typically show they are not up for long-term relationships. We also have planets in the sign and house of the quested, again indicating that there are other people involved. You may be right that Mercury represents a child, but it may also be yet another person you aren't aware of yet.

I think the Moon sign change is likely reflecting some sort of internal recognition that occurred between chart 1 and chart 2. The Moon in Taurus has much more of a "I can do this if I want to" quality to it, whereas Moon in Gemini is much more "I don't want this anymore."

cutesag

Thanks a lot for your insightful analysis!
I think you are right, I now view things differently. It's interesting you link the 9th house to philosophical-like differences, which could be the case, but thinking about it the 9th also represents long distance (we're settled in different locations). I've linked mercury to a child because I've seen that interpretation and it made sense here, but anyway thanks for your input. I keep learning.

Hello cutesag,

I'm glad that that thread inspired you to be more clear in your questions. Keep it up.

However, I think both of these charts tell the same story, but in slightly similar ways. From this point on "chart 1" will refer to the 1° Cancer Ascendant chart and "chart 2" will be the 19° Cancer chart.

For chart 1, the Moon is in her exaltation, but applies a square to Mars in Aquarius in the Ninth, who then refuses it. This is a pretty good indicator that whatever future this relationship has would not be a healthy or successful one. Making it worse is that Mars rules a bad house, but being in the Ninth could indicate some irreconcilable philosophical/religious/political differences. Saturn in the Sixth sounds like someone who is completely unable to do anything about the situation, and the Sun in the Seventh and in Saturn's house indicates that there is someone else involved (that wife you mentioned).

A lot of these same issues are echoed in chart two. The biggest differences is of course the Moon's change of sign. Moon really doesn't like Gemini, and loses a lot of the power she had to get things done when she was Taurus. Here she is again applying to a malefic planet, this time Saturn which, of course, shows a difficult contact between the two of you and there is no reception to mitigate it, so it's not going to end well. Furthermore, placements of the queisted in the Fifth typically show they are not up for long-term relationships. We also have planets in the sign and house of the quested, again indicating that there are other people involved. You may be right that Mercury represents a child, but it may also be yet another person you aren't aware of yet.

I think the Moon sign change is likely reflecting some sort of internal recognition that occurred between chart 1 and chart 2. The Moon in Taurus has much more of a "I can do this if I want to" quality to it, whereas Moon in Gemini is much more "I don't want this anymore."

natasa

For the 2nd chart I would definitely say YES he has someone else because of the Venus in his 7th which is a clear sign that there is another woman and with Mercury - probably the child as well.
So, if the question is ``Is he married`` - even if he isnt, there is another woman.
That is what I have learned on this forum so far, still learning.
Wish you the very best from my heart and a very joyful and prosperous New Year

cutesag

Thanks a lot for your wishes, same to you!

Venus as significator of woman and mercury as significator of child are clearly in 7th, yep!

For the 2nd chart I would definitely say YES he has someone else because of the Venus in his 7th which is a clear sign that there is another woman and with Mercury - probably the child as well.
So, if the question is ``Is he married`` - even if he isnt, there is another woman.
That is what I have learned on this forum so far, still learning.
Wish you the very best from my heart and a very joyful and prosperous New Year

cutesag

Thanks for pointing this out, true fixed stars are important in horary, but could you pls explain how it enters the interpretation? (just checked alcyone, happily married but gods destroyed marriage... How to interpret?)

pokes Kai

you are missing Moon's conj with Alcyone 0°07' Gemini

cutesag

Yes, the weeping sisters! Bottom line, even if chart didn't indicate someone in 7th, this guy is by all accounts bad for me and it's a good idea to let go. Having company in 7th only provides an extra motive to leave it behind.
Glad I asked and thanks for looking it up!

nothng good.. its telling us you will b crying over smthing

cutesag

You may be right that Mercury represents a child, but it may also be yet another person you aren't aware of yet.

Hello again,

Just a thought on mercury in 7th house. From Lily, with venus in 7th the guy has a "lover", with mercury in 7th he had a "friend", but not anymore.

It's interesting how Lily uses the word "lover" for venus in 7th, but the word "friend" for mercury in 7th. Not sure what the distinction meant in his days, but I'd say that this interpretation may hint at venus and mercury representing two different levels of relationship, which given the conjunction in the chart, may mean that both planets represent one single person that is there at two different levels, and given the capricorn rulership (hence house of saturn, his significator) it may mean that this person is also a source of support (material and/or emotional). This also links well to jupiter/mars placed in 2nd/8th (status/resources).

Anyhow, it's an alternative interpretation to linking venus to woman and mercury to child. Just thought it was interesting. I've looked up for interpretations of venus/mercury conjunctions in 7th house, but found nothing. If you know of any, pls let me know. Tks.