Synastetic Activation of Otherwise Too Wide Aspects

winterseye

So I have spent a lot of time lately looking at synastry charts. I've realized how important it is to also look at the two natal charts involved and in that line of thinking, I wonder if natal aspects that are a bit too wide can be activated by cross-aspects in the synastry chart.

For example, a friend of mine has a Mars and Pluto at 13 degrees apart. I've noticed it intersects a Venus and Pluto conjunction in my chart. The cross aspect that gets formed is a close 2 degree Venus and Mars conjunction.

Any thoughts on whether my Venus and Pluto conjunction would activate her Mars and Pluto conjunction? If not, why would they all intersect?

Thanks for thinking about it.

katydid

winterseye said:
So I have spent a lot of time lately looking at synastry charts. I've realized how important it is to also look at the two natal charts involved and in that line of thinking, I wonder if natal aspects that are a bit too wide can be activated by cross-aspects in the synastry chart.

For example, a friend of mine has a Mars and Pluto at 13 degrees apart. I've noticed it intersects a Venus and Pluto conjunction in my chart. The cross aspect that gets formed is a close 2 degree Venus and Mars conjunction.

Any thoughts on whether my Venus and Pluto conjunction would activate her Mars and Pluto conjunction? If not, why would they all intersect?

Thanks for thinking about it.

Sorry, but I am a little confused. Are you saying that your venus/pluto is conjunct the midpoint of her wide mars/pluto conjunction?

If that is the case, then it can be quite a powerful 'aphrodisiac' between the 2 charts. :eek:
But 'aspects' to that point are not as powerful imo. Only the opposition and maybe the square if it is exact.

winterseye

Hey Katydid, thanks for the reply. Yep I am saying that in the synastry, the mars and pluto of friend's chart intersect the venus and pluto on my chart. Friend's mars and pluto are about 13 degrees apart while my venus and pluto just barely conjunct although pluto's in scorpio and venus is in libra.

so just to clarify, going clockwise, there's a stellium of friend's pluto then my pluto a few degrees apart (similar age) and then friends' mars and then my venus, which are also conjunct and I'm wondering if that pattern could activate her otherwise too wide pluto mars into something like a conjunction.

Last edited:

katydid

winterseye said:
Hey Katydid, thanks for the reply. Yep I am saying that in the synastry, the mars and pluto of friend's chart intersect the venus and pluto on my chart. Friend's mars and pluto are about 13 degrees apart while my venus and pluto just barely conjunct although pluto's in scorpio and venus is in libra.

so just to clarify, going clockwise, there's a stellium of friend's pluto then my pluto a few degrees apart (similar age) and then friends' mars and then my venus, which are also conjunct and I'm wondering if that pattern could activate her otherwise too wide pluto mars into something like a conjunction.

Your planets would have to be about 7 degrees from her pluto to be at the midpoint. In other words, if her pluto was 1 scorpio and her mars was 13 scorpio then her mars /pluto midpoint would be about 6 and a half degrees scorpio. You would have to have something at 6 or 7 degrees scorpio to have it conjunct her mars/pluto midpoint.

You are correct that your venus sensitizes that point, but if you tell me the degrees of the planets I cvould get a better idea of how exact.

winterseye

hey sure thing...

mine:
Venus 21° 2’12"
Pluto 0°39’ 0"

(if it means anything both are trined by moon)

Hers:
Mars 23°49’ 2"
Pluto 6° 7’37"

Thanks!

katydid

winterseye said:
hey sure thing...

mine:
Venus 21° 2’12"
Pluto 0°39’ 0"

(if it means anything both are trined by moon)

Hers:
Mars 23°49’ 2"
Pluto 6° 7’37"

Thanks!

Yes, your Pluto is her mars/pluto midpoint.
And her mars is your venus/pluto midpoint.

Having a moon trining all of this is pretty nice. The Venus /mars conjunction in Libra brings compatibility and a mutual caring and concern . The Pluto brings a potential sexual component if desired, and then the lunar trine mixes in some emotional connection to heighten the feelings. I would think that you and your friend would have considered bringing this to another level at times...:D

However, this would not be a simple or casual fling, it would probably bring to the surface some heavy emotions and some baggage from the past. :eek:

winterseye

hehe :) Thanks a bunch!

arg.. can't resist..

I know nothing about vesta and juno except tonight I realized they are directly on her moon... if you wouldn't mind :p

Last edited:

katydid

winterseye said:
hehe :) Thanks a bunch!

arg.. can't resist..

I know nothing about vesta and juno except tonight I realized they are directly on her moon... if you wouldn't mind :p

There are probably people here with a much better handle upon the 'goddesses' than me. I work well with Chiron but I look at Vesta and Juno with curiousity more than with certainty.
It is fascinating that she has BOTH on her moon. She would probably be quite an amazing and feminine and sexually alluring woman. When conjunct the Moon, Vesta is sexually compelling and Juno is intensely committed to her primary emotional relationship , and maybe a bit jealous and or possessive. Having them trine your synastry of mars/venus/ pluto in libra and scorpio makes the whole thing pretty powerful. I would say she is very loyal and has your back, but be careful not to cross her. ;)

waybread

I have gotten the impression that wider orbs work in synastry. I am not quite sure why this should be the case, but I have seen the charts of long-term happy couples, and some good aspects are there if one stretches the orbs a bit.

winterseye

katydid - thanks :) Actually - I see I wasn't clear - but they're my juno and my vesta which are directly on her moon.

waybread - good to know!

katydid

winterseye said:
katydid - thanks :) Actually - I see I wasn't clear - but they're my juno and my vesta which are directly on her moon.

waybread - good to know!

Oh, I see. Then she would fit your vision of what a good partner and lover would be. Carry on.:p