Total Domination Configuration, Eminence

moonkat235

In light of the discussion on the Random Thoughts, strictly text thread, I figured I'd start a thread devoted to the discussion of the Total Domination (TD) method for identifying eminence and high achievement.

Here is the original link to the astrologer who believes TD configurations are present in every eminent and exceptionally high-achieving individual.

The follow-up blog article was:

conspiracy theorist posted his explanation here:

My very simplified explanation is this:

Basically, one or both luminaries (sun and/or moon), outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune), and Pluto must be present in the configuration.
So, for instance:
planet/pluto = luminary/outer and/or luminary =outer/pluto​
This would indicate Total Dominance.

Does anyone else in the general AW population notice a Total Dominance configuration in their charts? I'm wondering how common it is.

Anyone with a stellium or several conjunctions, I'm particularly curious about ya'll!!!

Last edited:

moonkat235

MIDPOINT NOTATIONS:

The notation A/B = C/D (or A/B = C) means the midpoint between A and B = the midpoint between C/D.

For example on midpoint notations:
Merc = 26 Pisces
Venus = 7 Taurus
Sun = 17 Aries​
So,
Merc/Venus = Sun​

moonkat235

WHERE TO FIND YOUR MIDPOINT GRID ONLINE:

If you go to the extended charts on astro.com,

Sections > Pullen/Astrolog > Chart Type: Aspect/Midpoint Grid

you can see your midpoints without having to do the hand calculations.

moonkat235

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO CALCULATE:

duMB2Jx.jpg

Moon/Pluto = Mercury/Jupiter = Mars/Jupiter = Saturn/Pluto = AC (= Moon/NN = Saturn/NN) coupled with (Merc/Venus = Sun) square AC

Placements:
Sun = 17 Aries
Moon = 11 Pisces
Mercury = 26 Pisces
Venus = 7 Taurus
Mars = 24 Pisces
Jupiter = 12 Scorpio
Saturn = 8 Pisces
Pluto = 27 Scorpio
NN = 24 Scorpio
AC = 20 Capricorn​

Midpoints:
Moon/Pluto = 19 Cap 32
Mercury/Jupiter = 19 Cap 38
Mars/Jupiter = 18 Cap 30
Saturn/Pluto = 17 Cap 51
AC = 20 Cap 16
Moon/NN = 18 Cap 41
Saturn/NN = 17' Cap 00
Mercury/Venus = 17 Aries 01
Sun = 17 Aries​

Therefore, the TD configuration is:

Moon/Pluto = Mercury/Jupiter = Mars/Jupiter = Saturn/Pluto = AC (= Moon/NN = Saturn/NN) coupled with (Merc/Venus = Sun) square AC

moonkat235

Additionally, I have a chart of a person with severe autism who I think fits the TD criteria.

Sun/Pluto = Venus/Pluto = Mars/Pluto = Uranus/Pluto = Neptune/Pluto

I'm wondering if the presence of a concrete anchor like a planet or angle is more functional than a conglomeration of 3 or more midpoints, but that's just a thought. Still lots to research!

]
The Plutonian example I gave of the individual with severe autism brings up an issue of conjunct planets and stelliums. This particular individual has all personal planets plus Uranus and Neptune in Capricorn. I think they're all conjunct as well.

The article CT posted on Total Dominance actually says to have a TD configuration, you need an anchor (planet or angle as the focalization of the midpoints) or a convergence of 3 or more midpoints. In the case of the individual with autism, I wonder if not having a concrete anchor in the form of a planet or angle might be the issue. Further, I wonder if we should count the conjunct planets as having less 'power' or influence in Total Dominance.

I also wonder what these TD configurations are really measuring. Just because they're found in most (the article claims all) eminent, high-achieving individuals, doesn't mean the configuration is the direct indication or cause of their achievements or eminence. Maybe the configuration shows extreme tendencies. Idk, just thinking out loud.

These are just postulations on my part, but I would like to collect people's charts and see if they have the configuration.

Do you have any thoughts so far?

Is anybody else listening in and have a postulation as well?

david starling

I haven't checked mine yet. Should be interesting, since I'm determined NOT to be totally dominated rather than becoming dominant myself. Thanks for the shortcuts!

Domna

Well, I have a few midpoint pictures that should fit the bill if I understand all this correctly.

If allowing for a maximum of about 1.5 degrees between the individual planets, points and midpoint axes:

Pluto = Moon/Neptune (Also Moon trine Neptune, both sextile Pluto.)

AC = Mercury/Neptune = Mars/Neptune = Neptune/MC = Moon/Pluto = SN

Saturn/Pluto = Mercury/Jupiter = Uranus/Pluto = Mars/Jupiter = Jupiter/MC = Sun/Venus

Mercury/Pluto = Venus/Uranus = Mars/Pluto = Pluto/MC = Moon

And then there are these but the distances between some of the midpoint axes involved are 2 degrees or more, so I hesitate to count them:

Sun/Moon (= Venus/Asc) = Jupiter/Pluto

Jupiter/Uranus (= Asc/MC) = Sun/Pluto

I have no real stelliums or multiple conjunctions in my chart, apart from Mercury/Mars/Midheaven in Cancer. As for eminence or high achievement... nah, I wouldn't say so. I mean, I'm quite highly educated, and I do tend to do well at whatever I put my mind to, but I'm too lazy and content with living simple to really achieve anything big in life. But I guess I do have some extreme tendencies. And I do stand out in any crowd.

Last edited:

moonkat235

Thank you, Domna! I think that's really interesting that you have those configurations too. I wonder what it means... Do you have any thoughts or postulations?

Domna

Thank you, Domna! I think that's really interesting that you have those configurations too. I wonder what it means... Do you have any thoughts or postulations?

I don't have a whole lot to add. This is a new theory to me and I'm not sure how much sense it makes to me yet. It feels like these configurations could be in pretty much everyone's chart, if you look deep enough into midpoint structures. I do think that these conglomerations of midpoints must have some sort of significance though.

The first two midpoint pictures that I mentioned are very evident when looking at my chart, so I was aware of them. They are tied to a big aspect pattern covering the whole eastern hemisphere of my chart, an overlapping cradle and t-square. This pattern involves most of the planets and all the angles in my chart as well as my nodal axis so it's a powerhouse for sure! I suspect that looking deeper into those midpoints will tell me more about how the aspect pattern functions.

If I return to the theory put forth in the blog posts linked in the first posts, the combinations most mentioned are Sun + Jupiter/Saturn + Pluto... with the additional mention that Uranus would be expected to be prominent in the pattern in the case of a scientist. Not much mention of Neptune as far as I can remember, but I haven't read any other posts on the blog. But I guess that according to their theories Moon + Neptune + Pluto might be indicative of an artistic eminence? If so then that would be quite fitting in my case, especially when connected also to Mercury, because my most notable innate talent is definitely musical in nature (singing).

The other midpoint conglomerations that I mentioned were more or less unknown to me. I hadn't realized for instance that my Venus/Uranus midpoint axis was so close to my Moon. And the big conglomeration of midpoints containing pretty much everything but Moon and Neptune was completely unknown to me. The final two that I mentioned are, as I said, ones that I even hesitate to consider... but may be worth looking into for me, especially since they are less complex and shouldn't take half an age to figure out... I can't really speculate about any these as of yet though, they are a bit too fresh in my mind.