Natal Aspect Pattern Activation thru Synastry

StillOne

I'm curious to know (and I believe I know the answer to this already but just need some confirmation) if an aspect pattern in my chart can be "activated" by planetary placement in someone elses chart.

Say I have a yod with a Sun apex, for example. The other person's Mars conjuncts my Sun. Will the Mars activate my whole yod? (If you don't use yods, substitute t-square or some other aspect pattern).

Another example might be if a person has a kite in their natal chart. Could a conjunction by a planet in another person's chart activate all the points in the kite? Sort of like energy being transferred along the aspects by this new conjunction... thru synastry?

I'm thinking that most likely this does indeed happen. Like transits, through synastry, a whole aspect pattern can become energized. Seems reasonable... no?

Here's the thread I started on aspect pattern activation by transit in case that helps illuminate what I'm asking:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43774

I did a quick search for this topic but only yielded results of aspect patterns formed thru synastry.

Thanks for any thoughts. If someone wants I can post charts.

Last edited:

Bina

IMO definitely yes,
if another person's planet aspects one planet of your aspect pattern, then it will also affect all the other planets of that pattern and therefore trigger of the whole pattern in your chart - even if the orb of aspect of the other person's planet to some of your other planets is too wide to be normally considered an aspect in synastry.
It is a bit like a domino-effect, the aspect pattern is a dynamic inside you and if you touch it at one point (planet), it will naturally spark off all the other points connected to it. Aspects can be like energy lines that can get activated by transits or by someone else touching one of the planets by their planets. :smile:

StillOne

Thank you Bina! It's very important that I understand this concept so I certainly appreciate your response. I know I'll have to read further on this subject but unsure when I'll be able to devote the time to it so I thank you for your response.

sandstone

Banned
hi still one!

i agree with bina.. any planet via synastry or transit especially at the top of the pattern will stimulate the pattern.. i suppose it depends on whether you believe strongly in a pattern approach to astrology or not. for me all the planets connect in some way, but patterns involving common aspects with tight orbs especially so. a yod with sun at apex can also be a sun at the midpoint of the 2 planets on the feet of the yod.. anytime a planet hits the point - either direct, or by hard aspect( this is cosmobiology type astrology) will stimulate the whole pattern. it gives a person another opportunity to try to find a way of expressing the unique energies coming together that are implied by the structure and cross overs from another persons chart, or via transit... this is just a small part of what makes astrology really fun!

StillOne

hi still one!

i agree with bina.. any planet via synastry or transit especially at the top of the pattern will stimulate the pattern.. i suppose it depends on whether you believe strongly in a pattern approach to astrology or not. for me all the planets connect in some way, but patterns involving common aspects with tight orbs especially so.
Hi Sandstone! Thanks for your reply. I finally ordered my software so I'll start observing this closer and start timing things better. I should hopefully have a better understanding of this as I begin to observe more. It'll be interesting... and fun!!