A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

Dirius

Yes, I am pro-choice - the choice that the traumatised raped victim should be making, not you or any of the politicians on her behalf and forcing a pregnancy on to her and all the responsibility that would come due to that.

Are you completely ignoring that the victim made pregnant through a rape should have a choice? Answer that!! Are you able to understand the magnitude of the challenge that poses for a raped person?? :sick:

You feel that a 2 inch foetus inside the womb of a raped victim should have the right to choose, but not the victim herself? If this victim were a 13-14 year old daughter of your own family, would you still want that 13 yr old raped to go ahead with the pregnancy and have a baby in 9 months to fend for? And that not because the 13 yr old had frivolous sex, but was raped. Are you going to tell me that the 13 yr old should have no say as to whether she wants to abort, but a 2 inch foetus should? Really?? Makes me sick.

If your response to that is yes, I have absolutely nothing to say to you. It really does take all sorts to make this world.

In my country we have a compromise law.

Abortions are only legal if the mother was raped - or if the fetus presents signs of malformation, and these can only happen in the 1st trimester. Every other form of abortion is banned.

Given your concern is for women who are raped then - would you'd be fine with such compromise?

This way the pro-choices get to keep abortions for the most horrible cases - and pro-lifers get to reduce abortions by almost 99%, saving lots of lives.

Last edited:

eekndyn

I went through and read from the beginning of the conversation. I admit there was post that I had missed. The only religious response I gave or anyone gave was God doesn't make mistakes. Which can be substituted with the universe, or Allah or whatever higher power one looks up to. I also said I would pray for you, because I like to do that. There was 10+ entries on the pro-choice argument regarding religious views. The only harsh comment I made was maybe your mother should of thought of you as a zygote. And for that I apologize. I shouldn't of said that.

The video wasn't the full movie. It was a 10 minute clip, from a successful former abortionist.. I have not seen the full movie myself. She does detail how pp becomes the curators of womens health. Starting at sex education and how they dismantle the modesty of women.

david starling

In my country we have a compromise law.

Abortions are only legal if the mother was raped - or if the fetus presents signs of malformation, and these can only happen in the 1st trimester. Every other form of abortion is banned.

Given your concern is for women who are raped then - would you'd be fine with such compromise?

This way the pro-choices get to keep abortions for the most horrible cases - and pro-lifers get to reduce abortions by almost 99%, saving lots of lives.

I read that there are "tens of thousands" of unsafe, illegal abortions in Argentina every year, with many injuries and more than just a few deaths as a result. Also, that there's a huge debate about making it legal for the first 14 weeks, with Argentina's current President in favor, and (no surprise) the Catholic Church strongly opposed.

Did it come to a vote yet in 2020? The latest news i could find about it is from March of this year.

david starling

I went through and read from the beginning of the conversation. I admit there was post that I had missed. The only religious response I gave or anyone gave was God doesn't make mistakes. Which can be substituted with the universe, or Allah or whatever higher power one looks up to. I also said I would pray for you, because I like to do that. There was 10+ entries on the pro-choice argument regarding religious views. The only harsh comment I made was maybe your mother should of thought of you as a zygote. And for that I apologize. I shouldn't of said that.

The video wasn't the full movie. It was a 10 minute clip, from a successful former abortionist.. I have not seen the full movie myself. She does detail how pp becomes the curators of womens health. Starting at sex education and how they dismantle the modesty of women.

You're quite fair-minded. We just agree to disagree.

Dirius

I read that there are "tens of thousands" of unsafe, illegal abortions in Argentina every year, with many injuries and more than just a few deaths as a result. Also, that there's a huge debate about making it legal for the first 14 weeks, with Argentina's current President in favor, and (no surprise) the Catholic Church strongly opposed.

Did it come to a vote yet in 2020? The latest news i could find about it is from March of this year.

There aren't. There are no statistic on the number. The "10000" deaths from abortions is a number leftists throw around. We have 1/7 the population of the U.S. The numbers don't add up for Argentina.

The discussion is on-going but no one really cares about the issue, because we have bigger problems than that. The politicians, funded by international groups, are trying to covertly pass it off. They'll probably succeed by the end of the year - but it won't really change things much. People here don't favour abortion, and are unlikely to seek them out.

The whole issue truly revolves around Planned Parenthood setting up clinics, get state subsidies and just steal tax-payer money, like they do on the states.

Dirty business.

david starling

There aren't. There are no statistic on the number. The "10000" deaths from abortions is a number leftists throw around. We have 1/7 the population of the U.S. The numbers don't add up for Argentina.

The discussion is on-going but no one really cares about the issue, because we have bigger problems than that. The politicians, funded by international groups, are trying to covertly pass it off. They'll probably succeed by the end of the year - but it won't really change things much. People here don't favour abortion, and are unlikely to seek them out.

The whole issue truly revolves around Planned Parenthood setting up clinics, get state subsidies and just steal tax-payer money, like they do on the states.

Dirty business.

There's photos of what look like large demonstrations on both sides, and it looks more like a passionate argument than a "discussion".

Um, no, it definitely wasn't described as 10,000 deaths, more like a few hundred, with even more, less drastic, injurious effects on women's health.

The "tens of thousands" figure was just an estimate of the number of clandestine abortions actually performed each year, in defiance of the laws against it.

As we well know, simply making something illegal, that is, criminalizing it, doesn't in itself stop it from happening. Also, the claim is, that in the particular case of abortion, when you take into account the illegal abortions, legalization has actually slightly lowered the number of abortions effectively performed each year. And, there are fewer injuries and deaths as well.

Dirius

There's photos of what look like large demonstrations on both sides, and it looks more like a passionate argument than a "discussion".

Um, no, it definitely wasn't described as 10,000 deaths, more like a few hundred, with even more, less drastic, injurious effects on women's health.

The "tens of thousands" figure was just an estimate of the number of clandestine abortions actually performed each year, in defiance of the laws against it.

As we well know, simply making something illegal, that is, criminalizing it, doesn't in itself stop it from happening. Also, the claim is, that in the particular case of abortion, when you take into account the illegal abortions, legalization has actually slightly lowered the number of abortions effectively performed each year. And, there are fewer injuries and deaths as well.

Large demostrations do occur, but around 80% of the population here don't really care about the issue at all.

Illegal abortions occur here because clinics are never investigated by the police, and a simple $200 USD bribe can keep the police off your back. No government has ever done anything to stop ilegal clinics.

It is a third world country after all, so we barely have resources to catch common criminals - so everyone just ignores the doctor profiting from this. Law enforcement does nothing about it. Only some polemical cases might hit the news, but that is it.

david starling

As far as lowering the number of actual abortions goes, taking into account those that are illegal, the Netherlands is said to be the best model, with by far the lowest abortion rate.

They have an overall aversion to abortion, although it's been legal on demand for the first 5 months, with a 5 day waiting period, since the 1980s.

The success in preventing abortions is due to heavy reliance on contraceptive methods, including vasectomy and tubal ligation for men and women who are certain they don't want more children; and, financial support along with counselling for women who change their minds about getting an abortion and decide to give birth.

THAT'S how it's done correctly, instead of holding up signs depicting late-term fetal abortions, screaming "Baby-Killers", driving women to seek illegal abortions, and cutting financial support to those who become pregnant.

Last edited:

Dirius

As far as lowering the number of actual abortions goes, taking into account those that are illegal, the Netherlands is said to be the best model, with by far the lowest abortion rate.

They have an overall aversion to abortion, although it's been legal on demand for the first 5 months, with a 5 day waiting period, since the 1980s.

The success in preventing abortions is due to heavy reliance on contraceptive methods, including vasectomy and tubal ligation for men and women who are certain they don't want more children; and, financial support along with counselling for women who change their minds about getting an abortion and decide to give birth.

THAT'S how it's done correctly, instead of holding up signs depicting late-term fetal abortions, screaming "Baby-Killers", driving women to seek illegal abortions, and cutting financial support to those who become pregnant.

So a private health-care system like its run in the netherlands is the key? Got it.

david starling

So a private health-care system like its run in the netherlands is the key? Got it.

It's government managed. Sure sounds a lot like Obama Care! Everyone has to purchase insurance from a private company.

However, low income subscribers get an "allowance" from the government , so that
they aren't denied medical coverage if they can't afford the rather high insurance premiums. The government also provides subsistence welfare for those below the poverty line.

Whatever system it is, it WORKS in terms of preventing abortions!

Anyone who is really committed to lowering both the legal and illegal abortion rates should be in favor of the Netherlands' humane method for accomplishing that.

Last edited:

david starling

Sweden, on the other hand, appears to be relying on abortion as a common, socially acceptable means of birth control. It has more than twice the abortion rate as the Netherlands, and it's significantly higher than in the U.S.

david starling

Many countries claiming to have low abortion rates are simply pushing women into the much less safe illegal abortion sector.

The Netherlands isn't doing that.

aquarius7000

"Every 73 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted.
And every 9 minutes, that victim is a child. Meanwhile, only 5 out of every 1,000 perpetrators will end up in prison.

One in 9 girls and 1 in 53 boys under the age of 18 experience sexual abuse or assault at the hands of an adult.3
82% of all victims under 18 are female.4
Females ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.2"

https://www.rainn.org/

Dirius

It's government managed. Sure sounds a lot like Obama Care! Everyone has to purchase insurance from a private company.

However, low income subscribers get an "allowance" from the government , so that
they aren't denied medical coverage if they can't afford the rather high insurance premiums. The government also provides subsistence welfare for those below the poverty line.

Whatever system it is, it WORKS in terms of preventing abortions!

Anyone who is really committed to lowering both the legal and illegal abortion rates should be in favor of the Netherlands' humane method for accomplishing that.

No its not. Goverment only provides a social safety-net for the elderly or disabled. None of these individuals are within the demographics which seeks abortion. (the elderly can't get pregnant)

The system is a private one.

There are no "low income" citizens in the Netherlands, it is one of the countries with the highest GDP per capita in the world, and one of the lowest poverty rates.

The Netherlands is the perfect example of a capitalistic/free market society, and the benefits it provides.

Your own example - contradicts everything you've been saying so far.

Last edited:

Dirius

And every 9 minutes, that victim is a child. Meanwhile, only 5 out of every 1,000 perpetrators will end up in prison.

One in 9 girls and 1 in 53 boys under the age of 18 experience sexual abuse or assault at the hands of an adult.3
Females ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.2"

A compromise law, having abortion in cases of rape only, solves this. Many countries have such law.

What is the excuse for having abortion on every other case then?

david starling

If life AFTER being born were better, more women would be willing to bring children into this world. That would mean fewer abortions.

eekndyn

that's why I advocate for self defense class. Of age, legally protect yourself with the 2A. A woman may not stop a rape, but a gun can. Never was into guns but things change.

JUPITERASC

that's why I advocate for self defense class.
Of age, legally protect yourself with the 2A.
A woman may not stop a rape, but a gun can.
Never was into guns but things change.
In 1963 in Americus, Ga.,

15 girls

between the ages of 12 and 14

were jailed in a one room stockade

with no running water for 45 days

for their roles in Civil Rights Movement protests.

After they were released
the women didn't speak of their ordeal
for over 50 years.
Girls Of The Leesburg Stockade :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=WCr9XuaE9SQ&feature=emb_logo