A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

david starling

On the other hand, White supremacists are expressing fears that white women aren't having enough children to prevent the "White race" from becoming a minority in the U.S.

So, another theory would be: Modern-day, First-World women of all races and economic status, simply prefer to have smaller families. No "genocide", just modern-day family planning, by choosing to use contraceptives and/or abortion.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I think most anti-abortionists just need the emotional satisfaction of demonizing those who approve of abortions. They would lose their emotional scapegoating outlet if they actually took practical steps to solve the problem by improving and promoting contraceptive alternatives.

Of course, they would also be up against the antiquated prohibition on contraception currently exposed by the Catholic Church.
hello
how did we get from racism in America to Abortion?
It's because there's a claim that
Planned Parenthood has been, and still is,
using abortion
to commit "genocide" against the American black community.
And, since many, if not most, anti-abortionists
consider abortion "murder",
they claim abortionists are committing
the "legally sanctioned murders" of "black babies" for racist reasons.
The reason this thread turned into a discussion about abortion was that it was described as a means of genocide against the black population. Martin Luther King Jr.'s niece blamed it for that, because so many black women were aborting what amounts to millions of potential black offspring, who were therefore never born.

The problem with that attitude is, that the voluntary, effective use of contraceptives would also lead to that same result.

MUCH easier to keep quiet about contraception, blame abortionists, and completely AVOID the real question: Why have so many black women opted to have fewer children in the first place?

One likely answer is to be found in the inequities of our economic system, which limits the resources necessary for giving black children a good upbringing.

Any other theories?

In a letter to Clarence Gable in 1939
MARGARET SANGER FOUNDER OF PLANNED PARENTHOOD wrote :smile:

"....We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population
and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea
if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members..." Margaret Sanger commenting on the '...NEGRO PROJECT...'
in a letter to Gamble, Dec. 10, 1939).

This line of thinking from its founder
has left lasting marks on the legacy of Planned Parenthood.
For example, 79% of Planned Parenthood's surgical abortion facilities
are located within walking distance of black or Hispanic communities.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's
Abortion Surveillance report revealed that
between 2007 and 2010
nearly 36% of all abortions in the United States
were performed on black children
even though black Americans make up only 13% of our population.

A further 21% of abortions were performed on Hispanics
and 7% more on other minority groups
for a total of
64% of U.S. abortions tragically performed on minority groups.

MARGARET SANGER WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF THE EFFECTS OF HER LEGACY.

images

EbPeTo8UEAIAicv.jpg

judicialwatch_fb_pressroom-humanized-mice_1200x627_v1-768x401.jpg

JUPITERASC

On the other hand, White supremacists are expressing fears that white women
aren't having enough children to prevent the "White race" from becoming a minority in the U.S.
So, another theory would be: Modern-day, First-World women of all races
and economic status, simply prefer to have smaller families.
No "genocide", just modern-day family planning, by
choosing to use contraceptives

and/or abortion.
All three stages--zygote, embryo, and fetus--are transitory,
and can't receive any sort of inheritance,
since they exist temporarily,
and only within the confines of a woman's body.
"The American Convention on Human Rights",
signed by most South American nations and Jamaica in 1969.
What's missing?
Part of her own flesh and blood.
"her own flesh and blood" is alive i.e. has "personhood" :smile:

It takes a human brain to be a human being, with "personhood".[IMO]

"her own flesh and blood" is alive HAS A BRAIN i.e. has "personhood"
Question not answered:

Who disputes the "personhood" of a newborn infant???

Who disputes that about a newborn???
If the law recognizes that a fetus has a right of inheritance,

which they do
- by definition they re recognizing his right to property,
and thus personhood.
images

aquarius7000

What's missing?

Part of her own flesh and blood.

And that might have gone missing even when a woman/ girl is molested/raped, not to mention the emotional and mental trauma.

It should be entirely up to such a victim whether or not to abort a pregnancy she had no say in at all, and which was literally a result of traumatic physical assault by a criminal.

All those against abortion in such cases should keep in mind that such a girl or woman could be their own "flesh and blood". That this could happen to their own sister or niece or daughter. Sometimes some people learn as to how hot fire can be only through burning their own finger and experiencing certain things for themselves.
That people cannot think beyond a 2 inch foetus, and completely ignore a victim that could be traumatised for the rest of her life after a gruesome act of rape, and are trying to decide completely one-sidedly on the victim's behalf - is beyond me. Hearltess and mindless.

JUPITERASC

And that might have gone missing even when a woman/ girl is molested/raped, not to mention the emotional and mental trauma.

It should be entirely up to such a victim whether or not to abort a pregnancy she had no say in at all, and which was literally a result of traumatic physical assault by a criminal.

All those against abortion in such cases should keep in mind that such a girl or woman could be their own "flesh and blood". That this could happen to their own sister or niece or daughter. Sometimes some people learn as to how hot fire can be only through burning their own finger and experiencing certain things for themselves.
That people cannot think beyond a 2 inch foetus, and completely ignore a victim that could be traumatised for the rest of her life after a gruesome act of rape, and are trying to decide completely one-sidedly on the victim's behalf - is beyond me. Hearltess and mindless.
y7uhx.jpg

david starling

The fanatical anti-abortionists who are asserting "no middle ground" between conception and birth are the major cause of late-term abortions. They equate a one-celled zygote with a viable fetus, and should be ashamed of themselves.

aquarius7000

Yes, I am pro-choice - the choice that the traumatised raped victim should be making, not you or any of the politicians on her behalf and forcing a pregnancy on to her and all the responsibility that would come due to that.

Are you completely ignoring that the victim made pregnant through a rape should have a choice? Answer that!! Are you able to understand the magnitude of the challenge that poses for a raped person?? :sick:

You feel that a 2 inch foetus inside the womb of a raped victim should have the right to choose, but not the victim herself? If this victim were a 13-14 year old daughter of your own family, would you still want that 13 yr old raped to go ahead with the pregnancy and have a baby in 9 months to fend for? And that not because the 13 yr old had frivolous sex, but was raped. Are you going to tell me that the 13 yr old should have no say as to whether she wants to abort, but a 2 inch foetus should? Really?? Makes me sick.

If your response to that is yes, I have absolutely nothing to say to you. It really does take all sorts to make this world.

JUPITERASC

It's the woman's choice.

Have you forgotten that?
Who are you to force women to give birth?
Yes, I am pro-choice - the choice that the traumatised raped victim should be making, not you or any of the politicians on her behalf and forcing a pregnancy on to her and all the responsibility that would come due to that.

Are you completely ignoring that the victim made pregnant through a rape should have a choice? Answer that!! Are you able to understand the magnitude of the challenge that poses for a raped person?? :sick:

You feel that a 2 inch foetus inside the womb of a raped victim should have the right to choose, but not the victim herself? If this victim were a 13-14 year old daughter of your own family, would you still want that 13 yr old raped to go ahead with the pregnancy and have a baby in 9 months to fend for? And that not because the 13 yr old had frivolous sex, but was raped. Are you going to tell me that the 13 yr old should have no say as to whether she wants to abort, but a 2 inch foetus should? Really?? Makes me sick.

If your response to that is yes, I have absolutely nothing to say to you. It really does take all sorts to make this world.
Definition of "a baby": "A very young child, especially one recently or newly born ."
Killing a "baby" is therefore termed "infanticide", NOT "abortion". Infanticide is entirely illegal in the United States, and is legally considered a homicide.
Victims of rape did not choose to become pregnant. Therefore, they should unequivocally be allowed access to legal abortion.
cc9c15f9389d2bd28f8f1b651cd22b9e--mercury-poisoning-double-standards.jpg

eekndyn

I understand what you are saying. Mentioned earlier rape abortion make up less than 1%. The actual data is
.035% of cases. Also mentioned earlier why should the child suffer at the expense of someone else's crime? Its sad and does happen but not nearly at the rate of other inconvenient pregnancy and there are other options. There are many woman who do carry the pregnancy and place the child up for adoption.

I'm not sure why this video came through on my recommend list, but I will share it for those who want to see it. It is a clipped segment from the movie Bloodmoney directed by Martin Luther King daughter.
https://youtu.be/rD9aF9OXN0U

I don't have much else to offer, as everyone and everything has been divided and the world is just falling apart and filled with hate. Everyone is angry and hearts have been harden.

aquarius7000

JA, when asked how would you feel if a 13-yr old you personally knew/ from your own family should get pregnant under circumstances such as rape, and should not have a decision-making option about the enforced pregnancy for no fault of hers, your 'very educated' answer is the following. That reflects your thought process and your emotional intelligence about the subject clearly. No sense in any further discussion. I have had more fruitful and intelligent discussions with 13 year olds.

JUPITERASC

cc9c15f9389d2bd28f8f1b651cd22b9e--mercury-poisoning-double-standards.jpg

JA, when asked how would you feel if a 13-yr old you personally knew/ from your own family should get pregnant under circumstances such as rape, and should not have a decision-making option about the enforced pregnancy for no fault of hers, your 'very educated' answer is the following. That reflects your thought process and your emotional intelligence about the subject clearly. No sense in any further discussion. I have had more fruitful and intelligent discussions with 13 year olds.
I understand what you are saying. Mentioned earlier rape abortion make up less than 1%. The actual data is
.035% of cases. Also mentioned earlier why should the child suffer at the expense of someone else's crime? Its sad and does happen but not nearly at the rate of other inconvenient pregnancy and there are other options. There are many woman who do carry the pregnancy and place the child up for adoption.

I'm not sure why this video came through on my recommend list, but I will share it for those who want to see it. It is a clipped segment from the movie Bloodmoney directed by Martin Luther King daughter.

https://youtu.be/rD9aF9OXN0U
I don't have much else to offer, as everyone and everything has been divided and the world is just falling apart and filled with hate. Everyone is angry and hearts have been harden.

david starling

I don't plan on watching "Bloodmoney", but if anyone has watched it, does it explain WHY a higher percentage of black women are choosing abortion than white women? No one's forcing them them to make that choice, unless it's lack of financial resources.

And, if THAT'S the case, any reasonable, caring anti-abortionist should be advocating for governmental assistance in helping the poor of all races with prenatal care, AND with financial assistance both during and after pregnancy to ensure that children of lower-income families can be assured of health, well-being, and opportunities for success in education and employment.

The hate and recriminations seem to be coming disproportionately from the anti-abortion side of the argument. And, in MOST, not all cases, it seems to be driven by deep-seated religious convictions which are immune to rational discussion.

Dirius

He has a point though.

Your side only wants choice on specific issues, but imposition on the other.