Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Dirius

The employment boom in 2017 had nothing to do with the current man in the WH. It had been happening at a steady rate during his predecessor's time, in fact.

"In 2017, the U.S. economy completed its eighth year of expansion following the Great Recession, and most labor market measures continued to improve as well.1 By the end of the year, the unemployment rate had hit a 17-year low."
https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2018/a...employment-rate-declined-to-a-17-year-low.htm

It is extremely interesting how those completely besotted and infatuated by him seem to think that everything good during the nearly 4 yrs is due to Trump, but everything not so good is due to Obama or China or some sh!thole country. To me that is the effect of a dictator on weak-minded masses that are either completely oblivious of the reality around them (so one or any no. of examples won't help), or can just identify better with a dictator - which then shows there is a deeper issue at hand with the society (which I really fear is more the case).

I will answer this funny post in 3 different stages:

1) Obama increased the debt-to-GDP ratio, by emiting treasury bonds, essentially passing off the "economic" crisis to the 2030 generation, which is when the large majority of treasury bonds emitted by the Obama administration will begin to expire.

It is a keynesian maneuver in which you essentially borrow money from the future, and leave the next generation to pay for it. And he did to deal with a simple economic recession (unlike the current administration who is dealing with the health global crisis).

This is why his "recovery" was spectacular. Ergo it is a stupid move, which will cripple future generations.

2) The Obama era "recovery" ended in 2014, when GDP growth fell flat for the next 2 years, and after the economy bounced back to its original employment rates -and growth slowed down tremendously.

Under Trump's economic policy GDP increased steadily (until covid19 crisis) accelerting from 2017 to 2019, which is an amazing achievement: as the economy expands GDP growth is supposed to slow down, however the 2017 was a direct result of the tax-cuts.

This in turn lead to the higher fiscal revenue of the 2018: despite lower taxes, government revenue increased.

3) Obama job growth was mainly in the service area, one of the industries which was the least afflicted by the economic recession of 2008, and what you can mainly describe as "white collar employment".

Companies in the service area are those which mostly benefitted from Obama's stimulus package - and the health-care reform.

The diference is Trump's economy has benefitted manufacturing jobs, reviving an entirely forgotten industry.
------

I agree on something with you aquarius7000. There is a lot that has been done, and has nothing to do with Trump, but with Obama. And that is the disastrous fiscal policy from the Obama administration your children will have to deal with.

david starling

If you are referring to the locked up children in cages, you do realize that took place between 2011-2014. With a particular photo with children in cages used to as Trump's doing, was actually dated 2014. Sooooo, who was in office then

But, it was Trump who used them to separate thousands of children from their families. Obama did not. The children kept there during the Obama administration had arrived unaccompanied by adults

On Trump's watch, they were kept on unsanitary conditions for weeks, there was evidence of abuse, some "disappeared" and 7 children died in captivity.

Trump didn't care. He just lied and claimed Obama was the one who had instituted a family separation policy.

Trump really doesn't care. He's a sociopath who lacks empathy for the suffering of others. Which, of course is an asset to any dictator.

Last edited:

david starling

Meh. You know David, if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. Even Peter denied Jesus 3 times. You are on a continuous loop of nonsense. If you support murdering children, child molestation, child trafficking, child sacrificing then I know where you stand and you can stay in your lane. I will only judge a tree by its fruit. I will still continue to pray for you.

POTUS declared the drug hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin were an effective treatment and he was smeared to only come out in scientific study the effectiveness. A fart can pass through two layers of clothing and still be smelled. Face mask are thee biggest joke. Every box is labeled with the warning this will not prevent coronovirus or any virus or containment, except n95 respirator, which should only be used by medical staff who deals sick patients.

This lab made virus is the smartest virus in our time. It first imploded prior to lockdown in blue states. With POTUS leaving full control to the governors. Now it seems to only effect the red states where rallys are planned. For every 1 positive case 16 cases are added automatically to the list for people whom may have been in contact. A Dr. sent 7 unused test to the lab with faux names, the results all test postive.

Now a second wave because jobs are booming. I mean answer honestly, was the economy better before January 19, 2017 or after? We went from blow jobs, to no jobs to booming record setting jobs. 6,000,000 people have independently removed themselves from government assistance and made something of themselves without depending on others. "Orange man bad. Orange man racist." He was only termed those names until he ran for presidency and they didnt agree with his policy.

What lab are you theorizing created the virus? You have an informed source? I wouldn't discount it, provided there's some real proof.

david starling

My question is why is there so much hatred for Trump? Where did it come from? He was already hated when he was only running for president and hadn't had a chance to be ANYTHING yet, let alone a dictator. Before that he was highly loved, so it is quite weird this widespread phenomenon of hating him.

Joy Behar used to love Trump back in the day, and now she tries to shred him to pieces at every turn. Why did she change her mind about him so drastically? Bit bizarre, wouldn't you say?

His niece's book might help explain it.

CapAquaPis

Sabian Symbol for Leo 2 (July 25th in 3 weeks from now): An epidemic or a pandemic of disease.

Does anyone believe Trump will agree to a national lockdown and ensure this time, the rate of daily new cases of COVID-19 declines from a predicted 100k a day and 1% of the US population out of 350 million infected? He's trying hard to protect his chances of getting re-elected to a second presidential term, but he refused a nationwide disease control measure and left it to states, counties and cities to decide on their own local health emergency measures to slow or stop the viral spread. He could well be a dictator in contradiction of not wanting the US government or military to shut down the economy at the first place, he doesn't keep his promises and for 4 months, he hasn't got COVID-19 curbed. Expect a federal lockdown on July 25th with a possible suspicion of the US constitution until I guess election day (Nov 3rd) and let's see how that goes for President Trump.

CapAquaPis

Now hold on there, is this true from The Young Turks, about Trump planning to drop out of the race and possible resignation from presidency before Labor day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgz1_VJX7D4

Mark Cuban threatened to run for president on the Republican party ticket and then (rumor has it), Kanye West announced he's running as an Independent.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden in the Democratic field is under doubt due to mental and cognitive health issues, but should we have NY Gov Andrew Cuomo to run, now that he's a national hero for the nation's best record on the COVID pandemic?

david starling

Now hold on there, is this true from The Young Turks, about Trump planning to drop out of the race and possible resignation from presidency before Labor day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgz1_VJX7D4

Mark Cuban threatened to run for president on the Republican party ticket and then (rumor has it), Kanye West announced he's running as an Independent.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden in the Democratic field is under doubt due to mental and cognitive health issues, but should we have NY Gov Andrew Cuomo to run, now that he's a national hero for the nation's best record on the COVID pandemic?

Trump dropping out would enable Pence to pardon him for those rape charges, but it's unlikely Pence could win the Election this year.

I think Trump declaring the Election invalid due to mail-in ballots is more likely. Then he could stay in office for who knows how long, if the Supreme Court backs him up.

CapAquaPis

Trump dropping out would enable Pence to pardon him for those rape charges, but it's unlikely Pence could win the Election this year.

I think Trump declaring the Election invalid due to mail-in ballots is more likely. Then he could stay in office for who knows how long, if the Supreme Court backs him up.

The USA cannot survive under the Trump administration, another 4 years of him will be the end of our republic, almost exactly in 248 years which is the Plutonian return (in Jan 2024) of our country since independence in Jul 1776.

aquarius7000

The USA cannot survive under the Trump administration, another 4 years of him will be the end of our republic, almost exactly in 248 years which is the Plutonian return (in Jan 2024) of our country since independence in Jul 1776.
Just Pluto won't do it. There will be other factors. With dictatorship involved, look at Mars and Saturn. I don't have the US chart in front of me, but it will be interesting to see how the US looks in 4 years from now.

aquarius7000

But I absolutely agree that this country will be severely damaged and defiled if Trump were to continue. The main issue I see is not Trump, but the people that blindly support the man that has worked at undermining the constitution of this country and the principles of democracy.

A big problem also is that party and partisan politics are held above what is good for ALL Americans. The country has been reduced to, more or less, red vs. blue, like a mere ego trip or prestige issue between two squabbling individuals.

david starling

The country managed to survive Obama, and get rid of him, surely it will survive Trump.

Obama got the economy back on track after a severe recession that began before he was elected, and eliminated "pre-existing conditions" from health insurance policies. I don't recall rampant, widespread, ongoing violence and an uncontrolled pandemic during Obama's time in office.

Btw, we didn't "get rid of Obama"--he served the entire 8 years as President allowed by the Constitution.

Also, unlike Bush Jr. and Trump, he won both the Electoral AND the Popular Vote.

And, unlike Clinton and Trump, he gave the opposition Party no reason to Impeach him.

MOST importantly, Obama didn't turn Americans against Americans, including their own family members. That's Trump's legacy.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

We had a string of bad presidents for the past 50 years: On the Republicans who were terrible: Bush Sr and Jr, Reagan, Nixon, Ford and esp. Trump. And I guess the Democrats have been problematic: LBJ, Carter, Bill (and Hillary on his back) Clinton, Obama and I expect Biden. The middle class is vanishing, you need a college degree which doesn't give you a decent wage job and we have a weak social welfare net which has gotten weaker, as well political correctness that's supposed to end bigotry and inequality, has made our society very divided.

I still believe on the 245th year, 3rd week and 1st day of the USA as an independent country (July 18th? Why, that's this weekend), we're going to dictatorship mode: to contain a virus pandemic, to squash riots and protests, and to get ready for a war against our adversaries. Trump has scapegoated and alienated China, the Middle East, immigrants (esp from Latin America and Mexico), African-Americans (he praises the pro-slavery Confederacy) and Native tribal nations (he doesn't understand the decimation of indigenous peoples).

Last edited:

david starling

Doesn't look like Malware-in-Chief Trump has any interest whatsoever in containing the Corona virus. Being akin to a computer virus himself, he's really thumbs up with it.

david starling

Trump has ordered the State Governors to send the National Guard into hospitals to make sure they don't tell the truth about the number of Covid-19 cases, or the death toll it's taking. They don't have to comply, but some have agreed to it.

aquarius7000

I will respond to these "funny", in fact hilariously absurd points with these links.

Your posts prove more and more that you are not just out of America, but very out of touch with the real goings-on of America as well. It is interesting how you often assert yourself as an expert of American economy, American presidents, Racism in America, etc.

Now pay full attention when you read through these.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...ver-10-years-of-economic-growth/#5addd6c868b7

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/19/510491692/the-america-donald-trump-is-inheriting-by-the-numbers

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/646708799/fact-check-who-gets-credit-for-the-booming-u-s-economy

I will answer this funny post in 3 different stages:

1) Obama increased the debt-to-GDP ratio, by emiting treasury bonds, essentially passing off the "economic" crisis to the 2030 generation, which is when the large majority of treasury bonds emitted by the Obama administration will begin to expire.

It is a keynesian maneuver in which you essentially borrow money from the future, and leave the next generation to pay for it. And he did to deal with a simple economic recession (unlike the current administration who is dealing with the health global crisis).

This is why his "recovery" was spectacular. Ergo it is a stupid move, which will cripple future generations.

2) The Obama era "recovery" ended in 2014, when GDP growth fell flat for the next 2 years, and after the economy bounced back to its original employment rates -and growth slowed down tremendously.

Under Trump's economic policy GDP increased steadily (until covid19 crisis) accelerting from 2017 to 2019, which is an amazing achievement: as the economy expands GDP growth is supposed to slow down, however the 2017 was a direct result of the tax-cuts.

This in turn lead to the higher fiscal revenue of the 2018: despite lower taxes, government revenue increased.

3) Obama job growth was mainly in the service area, one of the industries which was the least afflicted by the economic recession of 2008, and what you can mainly describe as "white collar employment".

Companies in the service area are those which mostly benefitted from Obama's stimulus package - and the health-care reform.

The diference is Trump's economy has benefitted manufacturing jobs, reviving an entirely forgotten industry.
------

I agree on something with you aquarius7000. There is a lot that has been done, and has nothing to do with Trump, but with Obama. And that is the disastrous fiscal policy from the Obama administration your children will have to deal with.

CapAquaPis

Trump's "October Surprise" might be the end of the second spike in COVID-19...or a vaccine is finally developed or distributed in the following year...or a new scandal involving Joe Biden with a pattern of sexual harassment and past association with racism...these surprising news events in the month before we go to the ballot tends to happen before (and determined) presidential elections.

david starling

Trump's "October Surprise" might be the end of the second spike in COVID-19...or a vaccine is finally developed or distributed in the following year...or a new scandal involving Joe Biden with a pattern of sexual harassment and past association with racism...these surprising news events in the month before we go to the ballot tends to happen before (and determined) presidential elections.

Still a long way to go. Some have suggested that the surprise will be Trump resigning and being replaced by Pence as the Republican nominee.