love themes, gods goddesses, sex appeal, natal chart ruler

love-thinking

Upon entering a painful and passionate relationship, I've studied astrology and synastry and I've come to a conclusion and I wonder how much this is true.

There are certain passionate synastry aspects and "sex appeal aspects" that may appeal to some people to have. The most famous are probably, pluto, neptune, juno, and venus aspects. But I feel like there are negative sides to each and every kind.

I will start off with pluto. Pluto is obsession. It is dark, potent, and overwhelming. Having this in synastry is basically unexplainable, for no reason obsession. People with pluto aspects and scorpionic aspects tend to have oozing sexuality and give off a femme fatale or a very mysterious vibe that draws people in like a moth to a flame. This is especially true for venus-pluto, sun-pluto and moon-pluto, even juno-pluto aspects. You tend to attract to you obsessive relationships and even very potent friendships. People don't forget you easily but you're not idealized. The negative side to this is that you can get obsessed if you are not careful if you have this natally. In a very plutonic relationship, the dynamics that can occur is sure the other person will be obsessed with you and very loyal towards you, but they will not be friendly. They will give you the impression that they are with you but they can do better. Remember, pluto is the garbage man, he will transform you. He will fix whatever negative traits about you he can find. He'll take your flaws and transform it. Most likely, this person is with you because he sees a part of you in himself/herself. You're their project. You are attached to him/her on the hip, and they will criticize you like they criticize themselves in the mirror. When dating, pluto is dating himself, another aspect of himself. So good news, he or she will obsess over you and be loyal, bad news, your self esteem is dead.

(I am in a plutonic relationship. He sees me as how he used to be when he was younger. I'm the shy chubby beautiful girl that needs to be built up from the ashes just like he used to be. But nevertheless, he's way too into me in a creepy way but I love it :))

Neptune aspects are wonderful in relationships and natally. You exude your internal beauty on the outside. You're truly seen as beautiful and sometimes even ideal. So even if you are pretty, you are seen as beautiful, if you are beautiful, you are gorgeous. But you're like a show piece. You will attract men, or women into your life that will unconditionally love you and will do you many favours. They will and cannot hurt you. You are seen as very fragile, almost untouchable. You're the knight in shining armor if you're a male, and the damsel in distress if you are a female. People won't act like they are obsessed with you, or that you're irresistable. Don't be expecting animalistic sex if neptune aspects are all that you have. But do expect people to be willing to move mountains for you. You're kind of like chiron, you will love unconditionally and receive unconditionally. You're also like a Psyche archetype or the untouchable nymph. However, you're all about ideals, appearances, princes and princesses, fantasies, dreams, candle light dinners etc. Neptune in synastry would probably be wonderful probably up until the fantasy or the fog has worn off. Both of you see eachother as something ideal and beautiful just as long as you two keep up eachother's expectations.

Also, I think one specific theme with neptune is the neptune person being too good for the other person and because this neptune person is too good, it's like they're almost untouchable. It's like beauty and the beast. You never want hurt or irritate neptune because they're like an angel sent down from heaven and you know she/he's too good for you. You're basically what they can't believe is possible every day. With some neptune aspects natally, you love being exactly that, a fantasy. So you'll constantly date people that need rescuing, or people you are too good for. So think, the rich man that dates the cinderellas or the beauty and the beast.

Juno is probably the most interesting of all of them. Juno is very ironic. Natally, if you have this, you exude more sex appeal than even pluto. However, your appeal wears off fast. Your relationships are short and if they are long, they are chaotic. Remember the story of Zeus and Hera. Zeus had to have Hera no matter what. He raped her and then shamed her into marrying him and then cheated on her repeatedly while she remained extremely faithful. Also remember she was the most beautiful woman of them all, even more beautiful than Venus possibly. So Juno aspects mean you'll be taken advantage of in all ways possible. Unlike presophone, you're already a woman in every single way, a perfect goddess. You'll be taken granted of in relationships in every single way. You'll be the diamond that'll be put in a drawer and forgotten about. Nobody needs to change you. But too much perfection gets boring. Your theme if you have many juno aspects that is initial passion, marked by heartbreaks and infidelity. You're the woman whose boyfriend cheated on you with the uglier bestfriend. You're the woman whose perfection does you no good. Let's say you have this aspect with your significant other and he is faithful, he will make it very clear that other women exist, and his eyes are open. ;) But it's as if your perfection is just not appreciated. You are so perfect that you're way too boring, too perfect for anyone to handle. You're also obviously not treated like an insecure woman, you're treated like 'you're so beautiful that you'll be able to handle it when I talk about other women because you are more beautiful than them or you have it all anyways, what else could you want?.' In reality, you're probably the most insecure. But basically, if you have way too many juno aspects, expect to be treated like a sexy bisexual in relationships. Juno-venus, chiron, mars, neptune aspects, in magi astrology means that after marriage, the sexual passion will wear off. Just like how zeus had a two year honey moon with hera and then proceeded to cheat on her upon their return.

Venus would simply give you good looks. She wouldn't make you irresistable or mysterious, or untouchable. You'll simply be the pretty girl next door or even the prettiest girl in the neighbourhood. You'll have relationships, probably multiple relationships. But they will probably be more light hearted and easier than pluto and juno. Venus and mars can be passionate but still light-hearted compared to Pluto. You won't be idealized like neptune, draw people in like pluto, or even be too perfect to be interesting like Juno. You'll simply be the archetype of the attractive girl with not too much depth and your relationships will reflect that. Hey, at least you won't be cheated on but you'll cheat and at least you'll be interesting enough to keep around.

Lilith will be obsessive like Pluto and you will definitely send out femme fatale or mysterious vibes. But I believe lilith can have more themes of infidelity than pluto can. Lilith had adam obsessed but left him once she realized her power. With lilith, think of presophone growing up.

Chiron is similar to neptune. People are drawn to you because you can heal wounds. I'm not too sure if you can create an untouchable or out of world vibe to you. But I believe these aspects can probably aid all the cougars and sugar daddies out there ;)

I would love an astrologer's output on what I have observed.

I also think each theme has a lesson of its own. Neptune is probably the best love theme with the least lessons. With pluto, the lesson is boundaries. Just because a person reminds you of yourself, and you think that they are your soulmate, doesn't mean they are you. You have to give them their space and stop treating them like you can do or say whatever to them. They are not your possession, your other half or you! With Juno, the lesson is perfection that has to do with superficiality is NEVER enough. As the juno person, you need to find yourself, and let your self-worth be more than just looks, or how much you can please the opposite sex. With venus, the lesson is to probably stop being self centered. But the difference between venus and juno is, venus' self-worth is defined as her beauty in relation to herself and juno's is her beauty relative to a man's desire for her looks which is zeus. Neptune is similar to psyche, it is refined love, it is the kind of love everyone should be aiming for. If there is a lesson to be learnt, it is to stop being too self-sacrificing and to stop trying to change yourself to be someone else's fantasy although I think with neptune, the lessons are not as harsh as the other ones.

Last edited:

Oddity

Traditionally, and modern astrologers won't agree because they've really downgraded the classical planets, but...traditionally Venus and the sun are the sexual planets. Venus and the moon the conciliatory, bring-people-together planets.

I've found this to be true in many years of practice, and I wouldn't call Venus a lightweight. Nor the sun or moon. Not by any means.

muchacho

Traditionally, and modern astrologers won't agree because they've really downgraded the classical planets, but...traditionally Venus and the sun are the sexual planets. Venus and the moon the conciliatory, bring-people-together planets.

I've found this to be true in many years of practice, and I wouldn't call Venus a lightweight. Nor the sun or moon. Not by any means.
I don't think that they would disagree with your choice. But I'd say they would add Mars and Pluto. Sexuality is a huge topic which usually involves many aspects of someone's life. As such it is a meta-topic. And meta-topics always involve a whole bunch of planets. Depending on what aspect of sexuality we are talking about, we would have to look at different factors and planets.

HarmonE

I will start off with pluto. Pluto is obsession. It is dark, potent, and overwhelming. In a very plutonic relationship, the dynamics that can occur is sure the other person will be obsessed with you and very loyal towards you, but they will not be friendly. They will give you the impression that they are with you but they can do better. Remember, pluto is the garbage man, he will transform you. He will fix whatever negative traits about you he can find. He'll take your flaws and transform it. Most likely, this person is with you because he sees a part of you in himself/herself. You're their project. You are attached to him/her on the hip, and they will criticize you like they criticize themselves in the mirror. When dating, pluto is dating himself, another aspect of himself. So good news, he or she will obsess over you and be loyal, bad news, your self esteem is dead.

Venus would simply give you good looks. She wouldn't make you irresistable or mysterious, or untouchable. You'll simply be the pretty girl next door or even the prettiest girl in the neighbourhood. You'll have relationships, probably multiple relationships. But they will probably be more light hearted and easier than pluto and juno. Venus and mars can be passionate but still light-hearted compared to Pluto. You won't be idealized like neptune, draw people in like pluto, or even be too perfect to be interesting like Juno. You'll simply be the archetype of the attractive girl with not too much depth and your relationships will reflect that. Hey, at least you won't be cheated on but you'll cheat and at least you'll be interesting enough to keep around.

I can really only comment on pluto and venus as I feel like I have had some personal experience with them both. I have venus sitting right on my ascendant and my last partner had pluto in wide orb to her ascendant. The difference in those two planets in the first house was quite insurmountable but I think we both tried because we wanted what the other had. She definitely had the femme fatale going on, an energy of fierce sexuality that brought me in like you say as a moth to a flame. Over the four years she eroded my self esteem as you say, and I for some reason offered myself to it. I would for the most part agree with what you have said about pluto for my experience of her very much along those lines.

Venus on the other had has shown up differently for me than what you describe. I wouldn't call me a pretty person, I am reasonably attractive but I would say my ability to attract others comes from a different quality. I think people see me as a harmonizer, someone who enters the space and makes it all easeful and harmonious. There is an energy there that I didn't understand at all until recently. And I attribute it to the strong venus in my chart. I assume that my ex has lived a very chaotic life with constant inner and outer criticism (pluto). I imagine that she was attracted to me as she could finally feel at peace. However, pluto in the end overwhelmed the delicate venus and I eventually lost my ability to harmonize. When that happened it was almost like I didn't know who I was. It all fell apart.

craft94

What if your Venus is in Scorpio? Is Venus still a lightweight with no depth? I agree with Oddity. I feel like modern astrologers have completely downgraded the classical planets. And why is Lilith sexy? Lilith (the myth) is about female independence. Are people really that unable to comprehend the idea of female independence outside the realm of sex?

IoPan

Banned
pluto is such a "cool" planet, nobody will ever say no, i don't need plutonic, super mysterious, unexplainable, obsessive, phoenix-like something in my chart.

get a person who only knows about his sun sign, tell him what pluto is and then lie to him that his pluto in 8th house (while it's in 2nd) and explain him what's 8th house.

he will be agree, he will say spot on etc. so... i don't if pluto works at all. it's hard to not accept all those cool and badass things.

love-thinking

What if your Venus is in Scorpio? Is Venus still a lightweight with no depth? I agree with Oddity. I feel like modern astrologers have completely downgraded the classical planets. And why is Lilith sexy? Lilith (the myth) is about female independence. Are people really that unable to comprehend the idea of female independence outside the realm of sex?

Well I never really had lilith contacts in a relationship. I've read that in lindagoodman. It would make sense that lilith would make someone just as captivating as pluto, since both pluto and lilith are about obsession. Lilith is about female independence, but it's also about power, lilith is considered to be a kind of succubus, ***** men dry using her charms. In this case, it does the seducing and it has the power, so you won't get to her, but she'll get to you. I know a girl with prominant amount of lilith in her chart, she's been cheated on, cheated, and been a homewrecker in her 19 years of existence. But I do believe when it comes to sexiness, lilith is much different from venus, neptune, and juno. The lilith person might not even be sexy, they just have to have that special something that can control men. Not sure where it came from, probably jewish folklore, but lilith used to haunt men in their wet dreams. So lilith is drawing with out being drawn to. I believe but I'm not sure that the lilith person is to be obsessed over but lilith may focus hard on exerting power over the other person similar to pluto. I'm not sure how it works in synastry though, I'll have to experience it myself.

love-thinking

I can really only comment on pluto and venus as I feel like I have had some personal experience with them both. I have venus sitting right on my ascendant and my last partner had pluto in wide orb to her ascendant. The difference in those two planets in the first house was quite insurmountable but I think we both tried because we wanted what the other had. She definitely had the femme fatale going on, an energy of fierce sexuality that brought me in like you say as a moth to a flame. Over the four years she eroded my self esteem as you say, and I for some reason offered myself to it. I would for the most part agree with what you have said about pluto for my experience of her very much along those lines.

Venus on the other had has shown up differently for me than what you describe. I wouldn't call me a pretty person, I am reasonably attractive but I would say my ability to attract others comes from a different quality. I think people see me as a harmonizer, someone who enters the space and makes it all easeful and harmonious. There is an energy there that I didn't understand at all until recently. And I attribute it to the strong venus in my chart. I assume that my ex has lived a very chaotic life with constant inner and outer criticism (pluto). I imagine that she was attracted to me as she could finally feel at peace. However, pluto in the end overwhelmed the delicate venus and I eventually lost my ability to harmonize. When that happened it was almost like I didn't know who I was. It all fell apart.

I think I probably used too much of the mythology to explain what I mean. But I think Venus in particular is solely about beauty, love and attraction, oh and balance with not a clear theme in place like the other three. Perhaps it's more flexible. It's the stereotypical relationship between the jock and the pretty cheerleader. Think of venus as exactly as you explained it, peaceful, horminous, stable, the way it's supposed to be. So like the american dream of house, fenced backyard, two kids, 9-5 job etc. Attractiveness would be like, features would be in place, or absolutely nothing wrong like think Jennifer Anniston. I think the vast majority of people can say she is attractive, and definitely not ugly.

Pluto, well think about a couple, girl wears no or little make up, but is still very pretty but has features that evoke the hatred of other women- she kind of looks slutty and that's written on her face. The guy is handsome but looks very intense, kind of looks abusive or "psycho" in a very intriguing way. He makes her pregnant, they move in together where they struggle to make a living and take care of their child. They fight, they may do drugs but god forbid anyone else were to say something against the other, they will protect eachother and their child through everything even if they have to live in a hut to do so. Saw a couple like that one time, so I had to use this example. Think of Kim and eminem. If either one cheats, it's solely because of their own insecurities, fears, or to get the other angry. Also having a couple like this is very threatening. One look at them, they seem very unapproachable especially if both are heavily plutonic, they just seem like they won't like you at first sight.

OR think of pluto as the Marylin Monroe's niagara movie. She gets killed in the end because of her frivolous ways and her husband's obsession with her and his despair with not being able to possess her. For something like this to occur, I think the girl would have to have lots of venusian and neptunian traits with sme uranus, with her own venus and neptune in aspect to or in the 8th house of the man(who would be plutonian), and especially if her mars is there too, well good luck, you might get raped, abused, or murdered if you step out of line. So this wouldn't quite be an example of two plutonian people but this is a possible theme. Man wants to own this butterfly and bring her down to earth(think of hades bringing persophone to hell) so he can proceed building a life and perhaps family with her, and woman just keeps shining and absolutely loves it.

Neptune is very dreamy, think hollywood, palaces, candle light dinners, bubble baths, think soulmate. So an example of this could be like, both the woman and man are independent and accomplished, she's at a bar or party in a beautiful dress all put together, and a man asks to buy her a drink after some flirting, and witty remarks. Then they go to dinner and engage in intellectual conversation, and he asks her to dance. She feels like a princess but at the same time, she feels like an equal in every single way. They both strongly admire the other. Venus would probably be a basic version of this. Neptune is a step higher. This is what we all want. This is an example of two wholes completing eachother so they are not very co dependent. Pluto is two halves trying to complete eachother. Venus is probably somewhere in between, yet you can interpret her the way you like to.

Sorry for the long reply. I'm overly fascinated with this topic.

love-thinking

pluto is such a "cool" planet, nobody will ever say no, i don't need plutonic, super mysterious, unexplainable, obsessive, phoenix-like something in my chart.

get a person who only knows about his sun sign, tell him what pluto is and then lie to him that his pluto in 8th house (while it's in 2nd) and explain him what's 8th house.

he will be agree, he will say spot on etc. so... i don't if pluto works at all. it's hard to not accept all those cool and badass things.

But I doubt most people would say or even admit that they are obsessive in relationships.

IoPan

Banned
But I doubt most people would say or even admit that they are obsessive in relationships.

well, nobody will accept negative things about anything. mars makes you a jerk face, moon makes you a cowardly introvert along with neptune, venus makes you a gold digger slut, saturn makes you a robot, uranus makes you a awkward wierdo etc.

IoPan

Banned
venus is physical and lacks soul. can be artistic and creative though. she will never love with the full capacity of her heart. things will be loose and easy. she will say much more than she actually feels.

pluto is physical and doesn't lack soul but lacks that artistic touch. it's not refined. nature will never craft something like sagrada familia. it can create 10x bigger things though. pluto doesn't write you poems.

neptune has soul and artistic too but lacks physical power. too sensitive, too much emotion enters the system every milisecond and brain is too busy analyzing that data to be a stud in the bed.

a bit like rock paper scissors.

david starling

Oddity, could you elaborate on what's being missed? Because, ironically, Traditionalism is new to most Modern Astrologers. And, are you saying that Mars has nothing to do with male sexuality in the Traditional context?
Since the Sun and Venus are often in the same Sign, is there a scale as far as what signs are the most libidinous in that situation (in your own experience, theory aside)? Also, what Aspects strengthen or weaken libido in that same situation?

Last edited:

craft94

venus is physical and lacks soul. can be artistic and creative though. she will never love with the full capacity of her heart. things will be loose and easy. she will say much more than she actually feels.

pluto is physical and doesn't lack soul but lacks that artistic touch. it's not refined. nature will never craft something like sagrada familia. it can create 10x bigger things though. pluto doesn't write you poems.

neptune has soul and artistic too but lacks physical power. too sensitive, too much emotion enters the system every milisecond and brain is too busy analyzing that data to be a stud in the bed.

I'm a Venus in Scorpio and let me just say what you're saying about Venus isn't true. The signs Neptune and Pluto have little, if any, effect on your psyche and as planets, they are not necessarily romance-orientated the way Venus is. The sign and house Venus is in and the aspects it makes matters a lot.

love-thinking

I couldn't have explained it better!

love-thinking

[IMO] Night Venus is about Romance, including romantic fantasies; Day Venus is about Ideals and Principles, and fostering Inner Light to dispell Outer Darkness. And, both versions of Venus are operative at all times; its location in the chart should be taken very seriously as an influence on one's Psyche.
IoPan, your cynical point of view is on target in a terse, highly amusing way. (Welcome to the Community!)
love-thinking, you're beautifully and hopelessly romantic!

Great contrast!

Thank you! :smile:

Oddity

Oddity, could you elaborate on what's being missed? Because, ironically, Traditionalism is new to most Modern Astrologers. And, are you saying that Mars has nothing to do with male sexuality in the Traditional context?
Since the Sun and Venus are often in the same Sign, is there a scale as far as what signs are the most libidinous in that situation (in your own experience, theory aside)? Also, what Aspects strengthen or weaken libido in that same situation?

Oh, David, this could be a long, long, long post. Possibly a book! But I don't have time for that right now (so y'all can breathe a sigh of relief).

Let's start simple. What does Mars represent? Severence, cutting, separation, war. It creates strife. It tears people apart.

And that isn't sex.

Venus, on the other hand, is the planet of conciliation. The one that brings people together. The one that makes us DESIRE. The one that celebrates art, and beauty, and love, and connection on a deep, deep level.

And that is about sex.

There is so very much historical stuff here that I could go into (that's the book part), and astrologers wrote about it in the past. A lot. So did philosophers and poets. It was kind of a big deal. A huge deal, for most of us, and even though we have more technology now than we did then? People - we're still pretty much people. That hasn't changed.

Mars can inflame, if you combine it with Venus, it can create a lot more lust, but it's lust, it's not sex. (Another book can be added here.) But it isn't necessary. It's really not. That creative impulse - it comes from the sun, not from Mars.

I think the reason I've been despairing so much reading this thread is that it makes me think people think that nobody had sex, or at least meaningful, or passionate, or perverted, or wild, or wonderful, or intense sex or relationships before - Hugh Hefner discovered sex? Or that if they did, they had no idea why (yes, they did, it's a big topic in the literature) until the outer planets came along.

And that's just wrong.

Cheers, mate.

IoPan

Banned
agreed, mars is not sex. especially if you are a female it has nothing to do with sex. but as a female, you might be attracted to a male with prominent mars aura, imagine someone muscular badass with scar on his face etc.

but if male, mars is what you burn during sex. let's be honest now, it is us dudes who burn it. when you go "again" that's especially pure mars. it is the mechanical side of the sex. it will also determine how aggressive you will be in the bed. mars in aries will have such strong animalistic instincts, mars in cancer will be lovey dovey. and how mars is not sex after all this you might ask... heh. ok god **** it maybe it is u decide.

i mean mars was mars + pluto before pluto discovered, it ruled scorpio right? and scorpio is the natural owner of 8th house right? and 8th is about sex right? mars ruled that for long time without sexual powers? ok i changed my mind, mars is involved with sex. *approved stamp* (here is another one: pluto is not even a planet anymore. and if you don't have to be a planet to affect stuff then why we are ignoring eris and bunch of other dwarf planets out there? why we don't give em important things to rule like pluto? could it be that we learn from our mistakes? or maybe we are out of signs and just too many dwarves there.)

skillful, kamasutra kind of stuff? that's sun and venus. this is about rhytm and mixing things up and the art of turning sex into "love". you need to be creative here. you can dirty talk or you can be romantic and make your partner feel adored, in any case verbal fluidity and quick wits and manipulation and seduction and all that airy stuff will help.

but is this a
connection on a deep, deep level
? no. it's not as deep as moon or neptune can be and that's what i would call true love. venus and sun still about self than the other. those two want to be loved whereas moon and neptune want to love. selflessness and trasparent love and devotion and that kind things comes from moon and neptune.

i mean what's love? the greatest feeling possible. what planets rules/generates deepest strongest feelings? there you go.

Last edited:

Oddity

agreed, mars is not sex. especially if you are a female it has nothing to do with sex. but as a female, you might be attracted to a male with prominent mars aura, imagine someone muscular badass with scar on his face etc.

but if male, mars is what you burn during sex. let's be honest now, it is us dudes who burn it. when you go "again" that's especially pure mars. it is the mechanical side of the sex. it will also determine how aggressive you will be in the bed. mars in aries will have such strong animalistic instincts, mars in cancer will be lovey dovey. and how mars is not sex after all this you might ask... heh. ok god **** it maybe it is u decide.

skillful, kamasutra kind of stuff? that's sun and venus. this is about rhytm and mixing things up and the art of turning sex into "love". you need to be creative here. you can dirty talk or you can be romantic and make your partner feel adored, in any case verbal fluidity and quick wits and manipulation and seduction and all that airy stuff will help.

but is this a ? no. it's not as deep as moon or neptune can be and that's what i would call true love. venus and sun still about self than the other. those two want to be loved whereas moon and neptune want to love. selflessness and trasparent love and devotion and that kind things comes from moon and neptune.

i mean what's love? the greatest feeling possible. what planets rules feelings? there you go.

You really think there's a pat answer to this???

As to Mars, no. The impulse in Mars is separation. It does not bring people together. It just doesn't, and it's not what you're burning (says the Venus in Pisces guy, admittedly, but still) when you connect with a woman - or even with another man.

Mars can inflame lust a lot, I won't deny that. But that impulse, that connection - that does not come from Mars, it cannot. Now, if it is in or rules your fifth house, or it's in aspect with Venus yes, it's going to play into your sex life. Then again, so would Jupiter. And Mars will do it as Mars.

Last edited:

IoPan

Banned
surely i do. vermin fear too, bugs get excited and feel horny too. those are not the kind of feelings i am talking about. i am thinking much, much higher octaves and much much lower ones that goes beyond animal and reaches to almost holy. that kind of stuff will come from moon and neptune not from venus.

then, mars is vitality. you need lots of that for long time lovin'. quickies won't count. i am talking about real stud action here and doing it again. besides, mars is mars. everyone has mars in their charts, everyone has a seperatist and rebel within. so mars seperates... then what should we nuke the freaking planet? it still do other stuff too.

mars inflames indeed. i said mars is mechanical part of the sex. i didn't make it about love anywhere, have i?

But that impulse, that connection - that does not come from Mars

i think it can if you are a female and looking at a guy who has a mars aura like i said before but other than that, no i didn't say mars is flirter or seducer either, have i?