Saturn transiting Scorpio

kimbermoon

It is said that Saturn transiting Scorpio is about releasing fears, anger, resentment and obsessions. It is about facing up to the reality that you have created for yourself. Involvement of the 8th H naturally enhances such things, which need to be acknowledged at the conscious level, and then released. The 8th relates to all matters connected to death, and sexuality, as well as digging deep within to understand the mysteries of life and death; as such it relates to the cyclical nature of life.

anne3

Banned
Thanks Kimbermoon. So will people with scorpio planets or strong 8th house placements deal well with this Saturn transiting scorpio? Or will it be more difficult for us?

kimbermoon

You can take heart that this transit is in the wrapping up phase, and will move on into the sign of Sagittarius on December 23. Remember that the 8th H is also about 'transformational changes' that are required at the Soul level; it is only through adversity that we become strong, emotionally sound and spiritually centered. It will depend on what aspects will be triggered; for you Saturn will meet up with Neptune which can very well bring greater stability to your spiritual journey.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Remember that the 8th H is also about 'transformational changes' that are required at the Soul level; it is only through adversity that we become strong, emotionally sound and spiritually centered.

Beautifully spoken Kimbermoon. Thank you. In reflection of life events pertaining to transits and progressions to the house ruler and to the planets within my own eighth house, I resonate strongly in agreement with your statement; and adversity certainly can usher in that moment of clarity only given through such humility.

anne3

Banned
Ok, so Saturn will be finishing transiting scorpio and heading into Sag. That is a good thing for the 8th house folks, right?

Osamenor

Staff member
Ah I have just seen this - I literally just started a thread on this as I am currently undergoing the Saturn /Sun conjunction.

Recently I have found myself feeling great trepidation , in particular to issues related to the past . There is also the fear of responsibility in some ways and all of a sudden feeling isolated and alone as Saturn just loves to make you appreciate solitude.

Personally for me, I feel very cut off all of a sudden and it seems hard to find hope or justice in both small and extensive matters. There is also a disconnectedness from the Father that suddenly presents itself. Right now I am overseas and missing my family but also so vastly aware of age and my Father's age. I find myself reminiscing through deep emotional patterns and cycles I have experienced with my Father and the sad reality hits me that I won't always be with my Father. That is what Saturn is, a cold, harsh reality and in a washed up world of stupor and fantasy. Saturn always reminds me of that Father figure who we use to despise so much of but love till deaths end.

Saturn in Scorpio for me is fear of fear itself, I am not even sure now if my thoughts are projections of my own paranoia or just me being vigilant. It's a painful, slow releasing process that pushes for the search of inner demons. It's literally like a double replay of fear and it is uncomfortable exposure also, like a experiencing a power cut for the first time as a child and then being forced to deal with it.

Has anyone else experienced the same?
Reading your story is interesting to me. I've recently had something with a slightly similar theme happen to me, although it feels less immediate and more peaceful.

I belong to a tai chi group, and I'm one of the youngest members. Most of the others are a decade or two or three older than me. One of those older members recently died. Since he was a man about my parents' age, I suppose you could attach some father figure symbolism to it, although he wasn't a father figure to me. We were casual friends, peers, in the context that we knew each other--just peers who happened to be in different generations.

There's a twist to this, though: my dad also knew him, about as well as I did, through a mutual interest that they pursued. My dad also was friendly with this man, though not close. We both feel touched by his life and also touched by his death.

This is the first time I've experienced the death of a tai chi friend, and since most of my tai chi friends are so much older than me, I can only expect that I'll be going to lots of funerals over the years. And it does sort of touch on the knowledge that my parents don't have that much time left, either. Both of them are healthy, but they've definitely got many more years behind them than ahead. And since I'm on the cusp of middle age, I'm starting to think about my own future old age and eventual death. Not in an oh, no, I'm getting older kind of way, but just a quiet recognition that this is coming.

I don't have anything in Scorpio except for my north nodes, but I am an eighth house native. I have the sun, Mercury, and Venus in the eighth, and that's the highest concentration of planets that I have in any one house.

I hadn't heard before that eighth house natives would be particularly affected by Scorpio transits. My understanding was that transits affect us by the aspects they make with whatever is in our natal charts. If that's so, then the house placements in the natal charts wouldn't have anything to do with it, but if those eighth house planets (or planets in any other natal house) are in a position to make aspects to a transiting Saturn, then that would.

I don't know where in Scorpio Saturn is transiting right now, but if it's in the late degrees, it would be in conjunction with my north nodes and square my sun.

astro11

Saturn will bring challenges and obstacles to whatever planet in aspects, especially the conjunction, opposition and square. It is a very difficult time for that planet's domain but can bring greater strength of character, self reliance and perseverance. The scorpio and 8th house influence adds the element of transformation. It is like the caterpillar turning into the butterfly, truly what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and wiser.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks for your response and sorry to hear you are undergoing a similar trail of thought. I hope you can find some inspiration however.

That's really interesting and I too have the same harsh realistion "where is it all going " and that feeling of time taking over everything, fear of no control.
What I find most perturbing is the fear of loss with Saturn in Scorpio.
Assuming you're talking to me... what I'm experiencing right now isn't fear, but quiet acceptance. Which is probably situational. If, for instance, my father had just died, or was dying, instead of a casual friend, I would be in a much more difficult and turbulent and grief-stricken state, and yes, probably fearful. As it is, I'm only peripherally being touched by death, so I'm just experiencing peripheral feelings about it. That is indeed very inspirational.

It probably helps that I'm a tai chi player. That is a physically and emotionally balancing sort of exercise. And because, in the Western world at least, it tends to be seen as an old people's exercise, it puts me in direct contact with many older people who are facing these issues directly, and who've faced them before, and these same people are the ones who are living a healthy and vibrant old age. Tai chi creates that, and it also draws people who are inclined to live that way in the first place.

It also helps that I'm a Pagan, and it's Samhain season. Time to honor the dead, to let them slip through the veil between worlds. Samhain in my religious community is like a collective funeral. There is at least an annual reminder of death and what it means.

Yes, that is a strong 8th house, which sign? Those with many a planet in the 8th often do attract rather intense experiences, I have know many in my time, other people's money, other people's emotions and highly attuned to the ethereal. One of my freinds had Sun in 8th in Cancer and she just loved healing other people!
I'm a Leo sun. My Venus and Mercury are in Virgo, but still in the eighth.

Paradoxically, my sun is in the sign of utmost personality development, but its house placement demands transpersonal development--development of personality in a way that transcends personality. As an ally in that matter, I have the moon in Sagittarius in the twelfth house forming a trine with my sun (and a conjunction with Neptune in Sag in the eleventh). I constantly find myself seeking out deeply transformative experiences, and having very intense experiences involving healing, learning, and growth.

Healing other people is sometimes part of the picture, but it's not my main focus. If I have to give my main focus a name, I would say it's learning and growing and healing through story--whether that means telling a story or enacting it or literally living it. I do lots of work with archetypes, myths, fairy tales. Which, of course, astrology also is--telling personal and collective stories through symbols and archetypes.

Saturn square Sun can be harsh, my boyfriend had this with Sun Aquarius and we incurred a lot of issues with anxiety and law as Saturn is also connected to authority.
Now you're scaring me! :lol:

The only legal issue I've got on deck right now is a parking ticket I'm trying to contest, and they're now saying I didn't contest it by the deadline even though I did. Mercury retrograde, perhaps? Worst case scenario, all that could happen is I have to pay the fine. Unless some other problem with the law happens in the next couple of months....

I just looked at my chart again and realized that in my natal chart, I have a trine between Saturn and the north nodes. So if and when transiting Saturn conjuncts my north nodes, it will also trine my natal Saturn. Seems like a powerful push in north node direction to me.

That was also reflected in my last solar return reading: in the solar return chart, eerily, I had many of the planets, plus my north and south nodes, in the exact same signs as in my natal chart but the opposite houses, and where my natal chart has a fifth house conjunction between Mars and the south nodes, my solar return chart had a virtually identical fifth house conjunction between Saturn and the north nodes.

The astrologer told me this is a time to really work toward the north node message, but the Saturn conjunction indicates that it's happening slowly right now, that this is the time to lay the groundwork, to do everything right the first time. It feels like I'm in stagnation right now in several ways. She said that's a reflection of that Saturn conjunction, and that this will be a good year for manifesting things if I lay the groundwork first.

Osamenor

Staff member
if I was you I'd start preparing for saturn in sag

when saturn is in your 9th since it's a slow planet it's like having a second saturn there but it's not as powerful as the one you have natally

But that would only be true for people who have Sagittarius in the ninth house. For the other approximately eleven-twelfths of the population who do not, Saturn's transit of Sag will not be in the ninth house. Anne said Scorpios and people with eighth house placements, not people with Scorpio in the eighth house.

Do Scorpio transits have any particular effect on people with strong eighth house configurations in their natal charts? Or does that only apply if those eighth house configurations make strong or hard aspects with transiting Saturn?

I would think that the effects of a transit depend on what kind of aspects that transiting planet makes to the planets in the birth chart. That would depend on which signs the natal planets are in, but have nothing to do with which houses they're in. Although, I suppose that if a planet in the natal eighth house is affected by the transit, the effect would play out in an eighth house kind of way. Is that correct?

Last edited:

anne3

Banned
Big career changes for me but in a good way. I can see Saturn in sag affecting this...I foresee a lot of work put in this new career but it is going to be rewarding as opposed to me not reaping any rewards. Up until now....no paid work I did was rewarding...only oppressive.

I have Saturn in leo in 7th house natally....since leo signs will benefit, will good things come to me in regard to romance/marriage? unfortunately my venus is progressed into sag. :(

I have mercury in virgo natally....will Saturn cause problems with how I think?

Almost all my progressed signs are in scorpio and my MC is in scorpio. Saturn leaving scorpio should help me greatly, right?

Also, my ASC is now progressed into Aries.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
The whole point of learning about transits--at least, this is how I see it--is to know what kinds of energies are in the air and figure out how we can best work with them. If you sit around and wait for something to happen, it doesn't happen. Things don't materialize in our lives because of how some rocks are whirling around in space.

Astrology just uses the placements of planets in relation to us, as measured by where we see them in relation to various stars, to describe the kinds of energies that are in play right now--just as meteorologists talk about things like cold fronts and high pressure systems, and we can boil that down to a prediction of when and whether it's going to rain, which in turn helps us decide if this is a good time to plant a garden or go on a picnic, whether we should plan on having that June wedding or that October birthday party indoors or outdoors, etc.

Any transit can be good or bad for anyone. Usually, it's a mixed bag, no matter what's in your personal horoscope. How it plays out depends on how you respond to those energies. It isn't fate, and it isn't determined without our own reactions. If you try to plug in some formula, like, Saturn's transiting my sun sign so xyz is going to happen to me, it doesn't work because it isn't universally true. What actually does happen to you when Saturn is transiting your sun sign, or anything else in your chart, all depends on what other energies are in play for you and, even more crucially, on how you respond to all of those energies.

Erulastiel14

I have my Sun and a Mercury-Pluto conjunction in Scorpio which rules my 12th house. The last couple years have been pretty challenging for me. But I've learned a lot.

I was in school and terrified about what would come after I finished. Then I have on going family upheaval (Uranus is transiting my 4th) and it all came crashing down on me and I had to start taking medication for anxiety-depression. To note transit Saturn is currently chasing my progressed Moon so it's like I experienced this all twice in a short period of time.

But Saturn transiting my 12th has forced me to confront some long standing fears and insecurities I have about myself which isn't easy but it's liberating. Especially considering the transits/progressions I have coming up.

Osamenor

Staff member
Lots of people talk about what goes on in their lives during such and such transit. That is why were are on this board. :whistling:
Good point. I just had a knee jerk reaction there to what sounded like people saying it's all fate and there's nothing you can do about it. To my mind, it's not absolute fate, more like fate that you can work with and shape yourself, even as you have to operate within its boundaries. Neat paradox. Maybe I love those kinds of paradoxes so much because I'm an eighth house native... it sounds like a very eighth house/Scorpio sort of thing! :biggrin:

cindah

It isn't fate, and it isn't determined without our own reactions.

I hear something to this effect a lot…that the transits really don’t cause anything but only how we react to the transit. The more I study my own transits the more I disagree. I find that my reaction is a lot of the time triggered by what happens. I believe free will might have something to do with how I deal with it but I think that our choices are more limited than then we would like to believe. I believe that our choices can even be driven by the transits.

I have Saturn at 29 degrees Scorpio and at this time some Saturn transits that are really stressful. It is not only squaring my Jupiter/Pluto conjunction but it also opposing my sun and right behind all of that I’m having my second Saturn Return. All this is causing me a lot of anxiety but how I deal with that anxiety is my only choice if I will even have a choice. I can take care of myself, do yoga, take medication, etc. to ease it some but it is there no matter what I do, and it is caused by these transits.

30 years ago when I went through these same transits, I was going through intense power struggles with my then husband and then I got pregnant which eased off the power struggles but brought me a good bit of discomfort. The very day Saturn entered Sagg, my son was born and it moved on into Sagg and life got much better for me.

In addition to my Saturn transits, I’m getting ready to have my Jupiter Return, a Mars Return and Pluto is 2 degrees from opposing my moon across the 10/4 axis.

My feeling is what’s coming is coming and there’s not really anything I can do about it but accept it and make the best of it. That’s all we can do. But depending on what it brings, my reaction might not be so good. And yes, I really am afraid as well as anxious.