Does a chart with more aspects mean a more varied and complex life and personality?

BaoSanniang

I've been playing around with different dates, years, and birth times on websites and I've noticed that some people are born with few / fewer aspects in their chart while others are born with a lot. This brings me to a question: Can it be said that people with charts containing more aspects lead more complex lives and have more complex personalities? I am talking about aspects involving the natal planets and the Ascendant. Do people with fewer aspects involving their natal planets and the Ascendant generally lead more straightforward lives and have more straightforward personalities?

Even if most of the aspects are conjunctions, trines, or sextiles, would you say a person whose chart contains many aspects rather than fewer generally has a more multi-faceted personality and a more varied life?

As for myself, I have a total of 12 aspects involving natal planets and / or the Ascendant. Not sure if this is considered many. Another feature of my chart is that I don't have a single natal planet involved with Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto.

Here are my aspects:
Sun Conjunct Mercury
Sun Opposition Jupiter
Sun Square Saturn
Moon Trine Venus
Moon Trine Mars
Moon Sextile Ascendant
Mercury Square Saturn
Venus Conjunct Mars
Venus Sextile Saturn
Venus Opposition Ascendant
Mars Opposition Ascendant
Jupiter Square Saturn (SAG ascendant)

Sun in VII 11.45 Cancer
Moon in II 13.55 Aquarius
Mercury in VII 2.17 Cancer
Venus in VI 11.48 Gemini
Mars in VI 14.48 Gemini
Jupiter in I 12.54 Capricorn
Saturn in IV 7.12 Aries
Uranus in II 3.27 Aquarius
Neptune in II 26.46 Capricorn
Pluto in XII 0.42 Sagittarius

ASC 18.03 Sagittarius

Last edited:

ardentika

I have a friend with 42 aspects LOL. His life is pretty busy thats all I can say. And very goal driven since 19 of them are conjunctions.

Gemini888

I have a friend who has several aspects. Some aspects even form major patterns like T-square and Yod. And he's extremely relaxed when it comes to life. He just wants to enjoy life with minimum work. Savings, future work, not his concern. He just cares for what he can enjoy NOW.

From what a member here said, too many aspects can just confuse the hell out of you instead. It just means you have a lot of things to work on.

BaoSanniang

I have a T-square (with Saturn as the apex) and a Yod (Mercury-Saturn-Uranus-Pluto) in my birth chart, I'm still young and life certainly hasn't been easy for me in some important ways, but it's far from the end the world and having to deal with **** has made me a better person while affirming myself as the person I want to be. As much as how some things have sucked for me, had I not gone through what I've gone through it might have taken me much longer to gain the wisdom I possess, or perhaps I'd have never received those insights.

I feel like the **** I've had to fight through has given me more clarity and understanding of what I want though I still haven't puzzled out all the details. Usually, well, I just live my life and take things as they come and I don't obsess over my aspects 24/7. I know the kind of life I want is simple, peaceful, and quiet if not a bit private. I want to marry and have a family of my own, even if it's just one child. I only need a couple of friends I can share deeper things with. If you ask me if I've any bigger goals, dreams, or aspirations the answer's none lol.

So far I'd say I'm alright in the eyes of most people, and every once in a while I come across someone who really wants to spend time with me and we end up knowing more about each other and forming a deeper bond. I don't like to attract attention and for too many people to find out where I am and what I'm doing, I'll have to trust you first. I can be pretty impulsive at times and a bit eccentric, but none of it is meant to deliberately hurt or harm anyone.

Most of the time I'm quiet, pretty relaxed and lazy but I'm more opinionated and there's more going on inside of me than it seems, but it's usually nothing of a malevolent nature.

For a recap, here are all of my aspects involving SMMVM:
Sun Conjunct Mercury
Sun Opposition Jupiter
Sun Square Saturn
Moon Trine Venus
Moon Trine Mars
Moon Sextile Ascendant
Mercury Square Saturn
Venus Conjunct Mars
Venus Sextile Saturn
Venus Opposition Ascendant
Mars Opposition Ascendant

@ardentika 42 aspects? Whoa, lol.

Last edited:

Gemini888

If you want to talk about an aspect of your life, a list of aspects won't do. Nothing can subtitute a chart.

And usually I'm not concerned about how many aspects a chart has. I'm more concerned about how each aspect works in the chart. Someone may have few aspects but the aspects form crucial placements, like a powerful "boomerang" yod, a triangle, a kite... and someone may have several aspects but none of the aspects work together to form anything worthwhile, in the case of my friend.

I forgot your chart, but I remember that you have a yod somewhere. I'm guessing that the yod is the reason you are feeling the angst that you do. Maybe some planet is transiting the yod and cause you to feel as if you have to do something, but you are not sure what?

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

If you want to talk about an aspect of your life, a list of aspects won't do. Nothing can subtitute a chart.

And usually I'm not concerned about how many aspects a chart has. I'm more concerned about how each aspect works in the chart. Someone may have few aspects but the aspects form crucial placements, like a powerful "boomerang" yod, a triangle, a kite... and someone may have several aspects but none of the aspects work together to form anything worthwhile, in the case of my friend.

I forgot your chart, but I remember that you have a yod somewhere. I'm guessing that the yod is the reason you are feeling the angst that you do. Maybe some planet is transiting the yod and cause you to feel as if you have to do something, but you are not sure what?

The Yod's between Mercury-Saturn-Uranus-Pluto. Mercury is at 2.18 degrees Cancer in House VII, Saturn's at 7.12 degrees Aries in House IV, Uranus is at 3.27 degrees Aquarius in House II, and Pluto's at 0.42 degrees Sagittarius in House XII.

Just to clarify, I've never felt like I've "had" to something, to fulfill some kind of greater purpose. As much as I like to fantasize at times, I realize deep down the things I want / need are actually very simple and that it doesn't take much to make me happy.

I value love, peace, comfort, and stability / consistency above everything else and a life filled with changes and uncertainties is the last thing I'd want.

BaoSanniang

Any chance that purpose is finding a simple life?

That's about the wisest thing I've read today. You know? Now that you've brought it up, I have, at times, actually thought about how to find peace and simplicity in this ever-changing and increasingly complex world, how to stay true to oneself and to others, and how to pass on this wisdom, no matter how insignificant it may seem when people are constantly being bombarded with trying to be richer, to chase after bigger, better, and flashier, but this wisdom perhaps needs passing on. Maybe just to a few people whom I'll be able to impact on a personal level, but that would make me glad and that's enough for me.

Uranus and Pluto are generational planets, so perhaps the Yod could really signify, in a sense, the internal struggle I feel against the times? I say this because I am not very optimistic about the future of this world, and I am already having a hard time coming to terms with new technologies, new social trends, I am more often than not quite skeptical of many innovations and many of the things going on. To me it's all becoming ever more complex and intangible to me and I do have fear in my heart that I won't be able to cope and I honestly would rather see things proceed differently.

Uranus in Aquarius=innovation, progress, unpredictability, freedom (though not always in ways I want it)

Pluto in Sagittarius=adventure, new horizons, new challenges, a fighting spirit

If these are the generational trends then what I can say is a lot of times I do feel a bit out of place.

Last edited:

yuriv

That's about the wisest thing I've read today. You know? Now that you've brought it up, I have, at times, actually thought about how to find peace and simplicity in this ever-changing and increasingly complex world, how to stay true to oneself and to others, and how to pass on this wisdom, no matter how insignificant it may seem when people are constantly being bombarded with trying to be richer, to chase after bigger, better, and flashier, but this wisdom perhaps needs passing on. Maybe just to a few people whom I'll be able to impact on a personal level, but that would make me glad and that's enough for me.

Uranus and Pluto are generational planets, so perhaps the Yod could really signify, in a sense, the internal struggle I feel against the times? I say this because I am not very optimistic about the future of this world, and I am already having a hard time coming to terms with new technologies, new social trends, I am more often than not quite skeptical of many innovations and many of the things going on. To me it's all becoming ever more complex and intangible to me and I do have fear in my heart that I won't be able to cope and I honestly would rather see things proceed differently.

Uranus in Aquarius=innovation, progress, unpredictability, freedom (though not always in ways I want it)

Pluto in Sagittarius=adventure, new horizons, new challenges, a fighting spirit

If these are the generational trends then what I can say is a lot of times I do feel a bit out of place.

I aim for a simple life too, or pass away quietly when I am done with the world - which is where I diverge from you I do feel a purpose - a purpose I don't have in form and structure yet. I see a place for technology too, I see how social trends show how we are evolving as a race. On the other hand I am all too familiar with the darkness in our psyche. **** and that really grind my gears, the fact we are still dealing with the same issues that are very very old. In a sense I see our stagnancy. I have lots of personal aspects too - about 15. I am not physically boisterous though, all that energy is mental with me. Neither do I have a varied complex life though I use to think I do.