Is it for for Omar Khadr to kill and receive $10 Million Dollars?

blackbery

There is a legal case in Canada just passed where a man named Omar Khadr received a payment of $10 Million Dollarss and an apology from the Canadian government for 'violating his Charter Rights'.

Geez, I know the Canadian people are polite and nice but really? :crying::crying:
You reward a man who killed a US solider and partially blind another because he was put in Guantanamo as a terrorist because that's what he was!:andy:

Maybe he should sue his parents who were part of Al Queda and not the Canadian government who supported the entire family. I just can't believe he got a cheque for just over ten million dollars. :andy:

How can this happen? How can a terrorist profit from his crimes? What about the widow of the US soldier or the other one he almost killed? Did they receive even 1/10 of what Khadr received?

Please explain how this is fair or just. Especially any Canadian who can explain this better as it's sickening to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khadr

Bunraku

Re: Is it fair for a man who killed to get $10 Million Dollars?

*Unpopular opinion incoming*

The law is supposed to be blind. His rights were violated - we can’t just selectively pick and choose whether to apply laws to someone on the basis that you don’t like them as a person.

blackbery

Re: Is it fair for a man who killed to get $10 Million Dollars?

Bunraku, you are right, he received the huge payout because his rights WERE violated.

As I understand it, it was because he was just shy of his 16th birthday.

Therefore, should have been considered a child soldier,
right.

BUT was it necessary to give him $10 million dollars?????:pouty::unsure::crying::crying::crying:

How much did the widow of the soldier he killed and the soldier he blinded in one eye? As I understand, there is a CAP on compensation for deaths and injuries in the US military.

And Khadr never apologized for his crimes!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

So if the Canadian government felt his rights were violated,
then apologize and let him move on with his life. With NO money involved.

He's not the 'innocent' victim he portrays himself to be.

And I'm doing more research on this when I have time but a poll conducted recently in Canada shows the MAJORITY of Canadian do NOT agree with this huge $10 million 'win' for killing and seriously wounding US soldiers.

71 of Canadian OPPOSE this huge compensation package.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-khadr-poll-1.4198306

*Unpopular opinion incoming*

The law is supposed to be blind. His rights were violated - we can’t just selectively pick and choose whether to apply laws to someone on the basis that you don’t like them as a person.

Last edited: