A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

JUPITERASC

images

AppLeo

No such thing as racial prejudice if no one identifies it?

So, gay-bashing doesn't exist unless someone mentions it as a problem?

I see people as individuals, not fragments of a group, race or sexuality

perceive injustices done to individuals rather than groups

petosiris

Banned

JA there are few wrong assumptions with your post. First, all historical (not allegorical e.g. the song of songs or Jesus' parable of the Good Samaritan) events in the Bible are real, not myths. Second, Noah explicitly cursed Canaan, not the sons of Ham, though the latter might be somewhat argued implicitly in the context of Shem and Japheth. Third, skin colour is never mentioned either here or with Cain. Fourth, the wicked Canaanites, who practiced child sacrifice and who were utterly destroyed were probably not black like the Cushites, from which the African Americans can mostly trace their lineage. Fifth, even if Cush (Ethiopians are descendants), Put (Berbers are descendants of Put) and Mizraim (the ancient Egyptians were not black like the Nubians either) were included in the curse (which does not involve skin colour as we have demonstrated), it still does not make slavery justified (God never allowed it for the Gentiles and he gave some strict restrictions to the Israelites that would have never allowed the Atlantic slave trade to occur, however it does show that the biblical text is divine origin, as all these nations were in fact enslaved to some degree by other nations. The Bible claims there is only one race, the human race, and the children of Ham are also made in the image of God.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Muh racism, muh oppression, muh minority-ism.

Complain & whine,
The champagne flavor of the bitter,
Gimme more, gimme more,
The mindless yapping of an almost beggar.
It's cause I'm blue, it's cause I'm green,
That is why life is so mean to me,
That is why I fail though I never try,
It's time to vote for that Bernie guy.

JUPITERASC

Complain & whine,
The champagne flavor of the bitter,
Gimme more, gimme more,
The mindless yapping of an almost beggar.
It's cause I'm blue, it's cause I'm green,
That is why life is so mean to me,
That is why I fail though I never try,
It's time to vote for that Bernie guy.

Copy-of-Copy-of-Marcus-Meme-2-300x300.png

4310be709c8f7fe1c4abcb24c18153f5_FLURRYSTARLAFAYETTE305-1.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
Surely there is another way to respond to bad faith, than by mirroring it?

“Muh” racism is a pretty gross attempt to erase allies, and to erase the vast portion of the mind that isn’t merely egoic.

I like poetry. It's an art that leaves the mind bare and allows one to see the thought process of the other who reads it.

I also like how, as a minority myself, society tells me how I should feel regarding the racism I've experienced in life. It's funny to me.