Lana Del Rey

savanna

Lana-Del-Rey-flowers.jpg

index-1055233-large_image-1055233-large_image.jpg

Elizabeth Grant (born June 21, 1986), better known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, is an American singer-songwriter. She has been described as a "self-styled gangsta Nancy Sinatra",and cites Britney Spears, Elvis Presley and Kurt Cobain as her musical influences.[3

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Lana_Del_Rey

What do you think her ascendant could be?

She may also be a Cancer sun depending on her birth time, but I'm leaning towards Gemini sun.

Last edited:

Love2Know

I think that she could be a cancer. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Gl1Sm5M04 (1:07) or here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6ilDfH_GM (0:30).

That can also be cancer merc....some cancer suns I know are not that comfterable with emotional displays, especially in the year I was born. I am cancer sun and when people cry around me I am like ahhhh........ I wonder why they are crying..................... What do I do......... * Sympathetic face.......* Mind drifts off to thinking about whats for dinner....... I found the gemini suns I grew up with less emotionally awkward than myself..... She does talk very cancerish...... Though, people around my age... her age I think shes around my age born on july 21st (I actually know a few) All swear high and low they are Cancer and will not consider Gemini for a second. Ok yes I looked it up she is born the same year as myself, few days older than me. Yesssssssssss I feel young again.

Last edited:

LeoCassandra

Yes... maybe is her cancer mercury. I can hear it:rightful: then is her venus in leo <look at me! Im conforting a crying fan.. Im the queen of people hearts..> and Gemini sun <devilsh half smile for camera> hmm I think she could be a cardinal rising sign

Love2Know

Yeah a woman on youtube did a chart for her and said her sun is gem and her rising is leo.. and her merc would be cancer 12th

byjove

Account Closed
I find that the tone to her music is a TOUCH melancholic (the best kind, and I LOVE it) so I thought Saturn could have a strong placement. Add Saturn to water signs and I'd expect those lyrics...she's a tad more upbeat than Dido.

savanna

Yeah a woman on youtube did a chart for her and said her sun is gem and her rising is leo.. and her merc would be cancer 12th

That makes makes sense with her having Venus on the ascendant. I also agree with what you said before about Natalie Portman, she reminds me of her.

jakob

definitely looks leo/gemini combination a la Mary Louise Parker. could just be the first picture though. i'd also guess leo rising given general persona.

LeoCassandra

I dont think that Lana have done her natal chart at least this's what i can assume after hearing her interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2u4pHVddo&feature=player_embedded#! and what do you guys think? I have a strong premonition that she is a late late cancer rising (born 7:30 am) because she has cardinal face shape for me. Big, beautiful eyes kind like Angelina Jolie. She likes talking about past (Elvis,old hollywood) Yes i know she done plastic surgery but she looks so much like Julia Robert(julia's ASC late Cancer, ruler of ASC in fire(leo) the same as lana)If Ms. del rey was born at 7:30 AM her sun would be in XIIhouse mercury would :conjunct: ASC from XII house. Venus in Leo in I house...

Attachments

• tumblr_m241l75jkT1rsjnojo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_m241l75jkT1rsjnojo1_400.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 50
  • tumblr_m20eq6Xqmc1qj56hoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m20eq6Xqmc1qj56hoo1_500.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 53
  • tumblr_m26e93FRVF1rntf5jo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m26e93FRVF1rntf5jo1_500.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 61
  • tumblr_m26fisJ1sN1rsmh3qo2_r1_250.jpg
    tumblr_m26fisJ1sN1rsmh3qo2_r1_250.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 52

Love2Know

I dont think that Lana have done her natal chart at least this's what i can assume after hearing her interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2u4pHVddo&feature=player_embedded#! and what do you guys think? I have a strong premonition that she is a late late cancer rising (born 7:30 am) because she has cardinal face shape for me. Big, beautiful eyes kind like Angelina Jolie. She likes talking about past (Elvis,old hollywood) Yes i know she done plastic surgery but she looks so much like Julia Robert(julia's ASC late Cancer, ruler of ASC in fire(leo) the same as lana)If Ms. del rey was born at 7:30 AM her sun would be in XIIhouse mercury would :conjunct: ASC from XII house. Venus in Leo in I house...

I look nothing like Julia Roberts but she is the person I would get told I resemble the most. I was born like a week and a half or 2 weeks after Del Rey,so that is interesting yet I dont look like her at all! Also I gained a lot of weight so my face shape is just rounded out. I like to blame my taurus mc

Moog

I think you might be on to something here. I've been looking at a lot of Cancer ascendants recently.

Astrotheme actually gives 9.00 AM for her birth time, which gives her sidereal Cancer rising.

Mercury and Venus rising... Angular Rahu/Ketu axis in the 10th/4th, same signs in the navamsa; hence the unusual, exotic, even eccentric vibe central to her character and music.

Works for me.

Love2Know

I think you might be on to something here. I've been looking at a lot of Cancer ascendants recently.

Astrotheme actually gives 9.00 AM for her birth time, which gives her sidereal Cancer rising.

Mercury and Venus rising... Angular Rahu/Ketu axis in the 10th/4th, same signs in the navamsa; hence the unusual, exotic, even eccentric vibe central to her character and music.

Works for me.

could also be her mercury cancer though

LeoCassandra

I dont know why Im feeling with Lana very strong connection. Her lyrics smotimes are exactly the same as my 'poetry'. Her mercury is at 24 d Cancer my sun is at 1 d Leo... but its too wide to feel something. Her psyche is on my south node and Midheaven.... If you belive in past lives maybe I was her teacher or she was mine. I changed my mind i think she's early degree Leo ASC. in her lyrics you can notice the heavy venus square pluto influence:
I will love you 'til the end of time
I would wait a million years
Promise you'll remember that you're mine
Baby can you see through the tears
Love you more
Than those b*tches before
Blue jeans
Come on take a walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane
Choose your last words,
This is the last time
Cause you and I
We were born to die
Born to die

Zuri

Gemini Ascendant. Hasn't she overhauled her musical style, appearance, and name multiple times, in an effort to achieve fame?