Moon Void in Cancer?

AW041

Question asked: Will she ever fall in love again?
She/Ascendant is moon though VOC, is in Cancer and is comfortable in it, home-based.
For William Lilly, moon “may” perform even if VOC if she lies inside Taurus Cancer, Sagittarius and Pisces. “All matters go hardly on (except the principal significators be very strong) when the moon is void of course; yet somewhat she performs if void of course and be in either Taurus Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces”.
If I look at the 5th house for romance, Venus/Libra is exalted in the 10th house, but combusted.
If I look at it in terms of more stable relationships, 7th house/Jupiter would play here but no major aspect here.
I am wondering how relevant here are the aspects being made by the moon in this chart? I get so confused with VOC :-(

Thoughts

Attachments

• fall_in_love_hr.63420.36483.jpg
    fall_in_love_hr.63420.36483.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 30

waybread

The moon is technically VOC, but it is close-enough to a trine with Venus that I think this is one of those cases where Lilly would see the moon as viable.

It isn't clear from your question who "she" is and who is asking the question. "She" through you? Or is this a third-party question. If so, what is her relationship to you.

Note also that horary isn't really intended for open-ended questions about the rest of someone's life. It seems to work best with specific time-frames.

Last edited:

AW041

Thanks, Waybread.
She is the Ascendant here and by relation is my sister. She asked the question, so I used the location and time of her asking the question. So not a third-party question.
Now when you say "the moon is viable" could you help elaborate more here for my understanding.
I also see a trine between moon and sun, what could that mean?
Looking forward to your inputs

waybread

One "rule" I've followed is that if an applying aspect is out-of-sign but close within a few degrees, to count it as valid. The sun and moon cast a wider orb than the other planets, so I'd increase the allowable orb just a bit here.

Lilly said a VOC moon in Cancer (its own sign) doesn't seem to impede the action inquired about. In the chart you posted, Cancer is the rising sign, so the moon also represents the querent.

I'm actually not a huge fan of using the 5th house for "falling in love." The 5th carries the connotation of short, impermanent love affairs, flirting, or sex-for-fun. Is this what your sister wants? Usually querents in love & romance horaries are looking for a committed relationship: They actually hope to meet Prince Charming and to live happily ever after. This would be a 7th house matter.

The moon doesn't aspect Saturn, ruler of the 7th house, in this chart. So I'd say, she can look forward to falling in love again. But this chart doesn't promise a lot more than that.

Again, a given horary chart probably isn't valid for the entire rest of someone's life.

AW041

I think right now she wants to fall in love..and she where it goes from there. Betrayed several times, she now wants to take it easy. Guess she didn’t think it so seriously. Maybe then the question then would have been been ‘will my sister be in relationship in the future’.

Thank you very much!