venus in pisces in 8th

milkywaygirl

i'm having trouble with coming up with some ideas around this placement, if anyone can chime in it would be appreciated. im thinking mostly about venus as love and pleasure as opposed to money and values here.

just to think about it freely i get this idea around a great vast loving nature, mythical and storybook-ish, with an emphasis on pain, suffering and loss, or just trying to attain this image of love that is always out of reach, or attained and then slips through the fingers. the propensity to self victimize and put ones self in situations where one becomes a victim, or conversely, where one seeks out a victim to save. but then in the 8th - the feeling of loss of love around sexual intimacy, being denied sexual intimacy when that is the thing that one really fantasizes will bring happiness?

powerful feelings like jealousy, hatred and fear being brought up through the desire to love?

i just keep on coming back to sexual intimacy becoming this mythic thing, steeped with importance and value, and becoming the thing that the individual values quite a bit but also fears due to the traumas that chasing after it brings up.

ideas anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Milkyway, you must also look at Neptune who rules your Venus. Where Neptune is placed, there it is where this Venus must express her 8th house qualities. Also look at the aspects of Neptune. If they are challenging, then be careful with drugs and anestectics and also get a second opinion when you should undergo an operation.
Venus in the 8th might suggest the need for a deep and meaningful relationship relationship. You could have Aquarius on the 7th house cusp, so also have a look at Uranus. Venus and the ruler of the 7th house are all related to how you see relationships and what you expect from them.
With Neptune ruling your 7th there can indeed be sometimes deception in the support you get from a partner or his assets. You probably expect more from your partner or would like to find a partner who financially will support you.Sexuality might also be a source of confusion or you idealize it.
i just keep on coming back to sexual intimacy becoming this mythic thing, steeped with importance and value, and becoming the thing that the individual values quite a bit but also fears due to the traumas that chasing after it brings up.
This sums it all up!

Cheers, Starlink
You can be

milkywaygirl

starlink said:
Milkyway, you must also look at Neptune who rules your Venus. Where Neptune is placed, there it is where this Venus must express her 8th house qualities. Also look at the aspects of Neptune. If they are challenging, then be careful with drugs and anestectics and also get a second opinion when you should undergo an operation.
Venus in the 8th might suggest the need for a deep and meaningful relationship relationship. You could have Aquarius on the 7th house cusp, so also have a look at Uranus. Venus and the ruler of the 7th house are all related to how you see relationships and what you expect from them.
With Neptune ruling your 7th there can indeed be sometimes deception in the support you get from a partner or his assets. You probably expect more from your partner or would like to find a partner who financially will support you.Sexuality might also be a source of confusion or you idealize it.
This sums it all up!

Cheers, Starlink
You can be

hey thanks for your input. not my chart but one i'm contemplating at the moment, i'll have another think with your suggestions. best! MWG

astro.teacher

The 8th House primarily rulers partnerships finances (being 2nd from the 7th) and therefore Venus being placed here can indicate marriage to increase financial status. Venus as an indicator of not only fortune but also marriage, found in the house of dowry can easily lead down this road. I would however also look at which House Venus is Lady(Lord) over. This will give you further information concerning Venus' nature and who she is.

I have venus in pisces at 8th house.i would look better for jupiter as ruler and not neptune.The parte of looking for a "soul mate" is true,and with the venus in pisces at 8th i would say that the soul mate must also be a "body-mate".But,must of all i believe that the relationship must be very very deep. A mystical love ( venus in pisces) who changes the life (8th house).
I think my profile picture show a lot about what i think venus in pisces at 8th is.

MJ82

The 8th House primarily rulers partnerships finances (being 2nd from the 7th) and therefore Venus being placed here can indicate marriage to increase financial status. Venus as an indicator of not only fortune but also marriage, found in the house of dowry can easily lead down this road. I would however also look at which House Venus is Lady(Lord) over. This will give you further information concerning Venus' nature and who she is.

I still don't understand the primary reading of the 8th as tied to finances, though there is a connection, it is so much more layered than that!

Venus in the 8th craves very deep relationships with others on a sexual and intimate level. As with anything 8th house, power struggles and intensity will be present.

There's an 8th house group on here if you wish to join, with a lot of info on planets in the 8th and what they signify: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/group.php?groupid=78

Blackempress

Venus In 8th house deals alot with emotional contacts with others on a deeper level especially seeking intimacy through sexual contacts. I'm of opinion that the native with Venus here would demand a deep commitment (in the sense of the word) even in friendships (in a sign of say Gemini/Aquarius as well).

In Pisces there is a need to MERGE with the other/collective. There is the fantasy of absolute devotion/martyrdom. Pisces loves Love & in the 8th it would want the glamorous & purest expression of it through sex. The negative aspects might lead someone to delve into addictions for escape otherwise this placement is very psychic & intuitive as to the sensitivity towards others.

The downside of this placement can be hypocrisy & loss through financial deals with others as one might not see the situation as it is (neptune-delusion). Be ware of shared resources & get a financial advisor for help.
For more, address the Neptune & it's aspects for the expression.

*emma*

Banned
Just wanted to make a general point. The people I know with venus in pisces are very gentle, kind, compassionate and forgiving souls. Aspects to this in my experience do not change this basic character trait.