An Afflicted Retrograde Jupiter in the 12th House

Leon

I have trouble trying to figure out how this planet plays a role in my chart. No matter how bad my situation is I always feel it'll all be fine in the end, planet of optimism in the house of my subconscious? I'm not happy go lucky at all, but there's this sense of blind optimism. I take unnecessary risk often, and when it ends up bad I'm not really shocked or worried. I can't count the times I've sat there carelessly with my thumb up my *** after "failing on the risk" without any real consequences following up on me after it's over.

I once read that we have trouble embracing the things the things represented by a planet in Rx, and that 12th house hides things from us. My Jupiter only keeps me out of trouble. Everything good in my life has happened due to me. I take it offensively whenever people say extremely successful people were "lucky".

I'd appreciate any explanation on this planet in my chart.

astro.teacher

Jupiter represents good fortune. Being found in the 12th House can indicate obtaining fortune through large beasts (for example selling cattle, horses & etc.). Some take this for success in gambling on the horses or rodeo games).

The 12th House also rules fear, with Jupiter there though, fear is somewhat abated by Jupiters benevolent influence and therefore the strengh of fear is somewhat limited.

The 12th House also rules over prisons, Jupiter being the Planet of law and order will generally (if it is well dignified) give you justice if ever you needed it.

Finally the 12th House rules over secret or unseen enemies to your person. Usually these enemies stand beside you and you dont know who they are. In order to discover who this enemy is we first see that they are Jovial in nature, which indicates they are older, masculine, and "law givers" in some form or some religious entity.

Secondly, you need to look at what Houses Jupiter rules over. If he rules over the 4th House, this will indicate your father & etc. Unfortunately, when a fortunate Planet is found in a house of our enemies, it usually makes THEM more fortunate than us. If Jupiter is well dignified, he gives power to your secret enemies.

I hope this has given you some view into what this position could mean. Please keep in mind however this is one SMALL slice of a reading, there could be multiple other interpretations as you must taken into consideration the entire chart.

Leon

I apreciate the interperation. My Jupiter rules over my 5th house (Sagittarius), and 8th house (Pisces) if we are to use traditional rulers.
astro.teacher said:
Jupiter represents good fortune. Being found in the 12th House can indicate obtaining fortune through large beasts (for example selling cattle, horses & etc.). Some take this for success in gambling on the horses or rodeo games).

The 12th House also rules fear, with Jupiter there though, fear is somewhat abated by Jupiters benevolent influence and therefore the strengh of fear is somewhat limited.

The 12th House also rules over prisons, Jupiter being the Planet of law and order will generally (if it is well dignified) give you justice if ever you needed it.

Finally the 12th House rules over secret or unseen enemies to your person. Usually these enemies stand beside you and you dont know who they are. In order to discover who this enemy is we first see that they are Jovial in nature, which indicates they are older, masculine, and "law givers" in some form or some religious entity.

Secondly, you need to look at what Houses Jupiter rules over. If he rules over the 4th House, this will indicate your father & etc. Unfortunately, when a fortunate Planet is found in a house of our enemies, it usually makes THEM more fortunate than us. If Jupiter is well dignified, he gives power to your secret enemies.

I hope this has given you some view into what this position could mean. Please keep in mind however this is one SMALL slice of a reading, there could be multiple other interpretations as you must taken into consideration the entire chart.

AquariusT

astro.teacher said:

I am very impressed. This is quite accurate, imo!

astro.teacher

Leon,

You just incorporate significators of the 5th & 8th house into the 12th house interpretation. For example, your secret enemies will be your children or those who are around bars and pubs & etc. (since the 5th House rules over children and pubs). They will also be grandparents and financers of your public enemies. These are all the people represented by these Houses that you should take into consideration. For the rest of the significators (large beasts, prisons, & etc.) join as I have done above to those Houses. These links should explain a little better concerning the houses.

http://antiquus-astrology.com/Chap3-6.html
http://antiquus-astrology.com/Chap3-9.html
http://antiquus-astrology.com/Chap3-13.html

Nexus7

I think all this talk of hidden enemies is a little paranoia-inducing, no?

Wouldn't it be better to look at the areas of vulnerabiity that the Jupiterian person may have, that may make them prone to expreincing sabotaging or treacherous behaviour from those around them?

I have a 12th-House Jupiter myself, allegedly in a moderate Gauquelin zone, though I would not say I was the kind of politician/actor type described by Gauquelin. Maybe it is a little too moderate, where it is.

Sasportas, meanwhile, calls this Jupiter placement your 'get out of jail free' card, or guardian angel.

Well, I have had my share of scrapes and lived to tell the tale.

What is meant by 'afflicted' here, anyway?

Leon

Nexus7 said:
What is meant by 'afflicted' here, anyway?
Hurt by my planets in Capricorn (Venus, Uranus, Saturn, and Neptune). Opposition.

Last edited by a moderator:

astro.teacher

I think all this talk of hidden enemies is a little paranoia-inducing, no?

Theres no need for paranoia. The 12th House should accurately describe (depending on your astrological skills) our secret or hidden enemies. Everyone has them (well, some people dont but generally speaking). Knowing how these people relate to us and seeing how the house describes them (personality and physically) we can prepare ourselves for such persons. This is especially helpful if they have power over us and are stronger than us (this is shown if there is an aspect between the Lord of the Ascendant and Lord of the 12th and which one of these Lords is better dignfiied). By knowing all this information we are actually protecting ourselves. Paranoia is usually a state of ignorance, what is proposed here is a state of liberation and understanding. Know thy enemies.

Leon

astro.teacher said:
Theres no need for paranoia. The 12th House should accurately describe (depending on your astrological skills) our secret or hidden enemies. Everyone has them (well, some people dont but generally speaking). Knowing how these people relate to us and seeing how the house describes them (personality and physically) we can prepare ourselves for such persons. This is especially helpful if they have power over us and are stronger than us (this is shown if there is an aspect between the Lord of the Ascendant and Lord of the 12th and which one of these Lords is better dignfiied). By knowing all this information we are actually protecting ourselves. Paranoia is usually a state of ignorance, what is proposed here is a state of liberation and understanding. Know thy enemies.
My Sun (Lord of the Ascendant) makes a very tight square to my Moon (Lord of the 12th). They're both angular planets, but my moon has many afflictions that includes squares and semisquares. There's no "helpful" aspect to my moon. Would this suggest that my "secret enemies" are weaklings?

I've been thinking about Jupiter ruling the 5th, and the 5th represents things like children, pubs, and lovers. Knock someone up from a bar on accident, and that person wants to keep the baby? Potential secret enemies?:confused::eek:

Leon said:
My Sun (Lord of the Ascendant) makes a very tight square to my Moon (Lord of the 12th). They're both angular planets, but my moon has many afflictions that includes squares and semisquares. There's no "helpful" aspect to my moon. Would this suggest that my "secret enemies" are weaklings?

I've been thinking about Jupiter ruling the 5th, and the 5th represents things like children, pubs, and lovers. Knock someone up from a bar on accident, and that person wants to keep the baby? Potential secret enemies?:confused::eek:

Leon, there are lots of free resources available online, on this website and others, heres a couple of my favourites...
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natalastrology.html
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
http://www.mysticboard.com/viewforum.php?f=114
www.astro.com also has loads of great stuff.

No substitute for study, research and reading then. Astrology is a great psychological tool to better know thyself and others.

Will PM you Jupiter rtx cos not sure of author, so cannot post.

Using the Lord of this or that are rules that apply to Horary Astrology, in natal charts we use the rulers of Asc and planets and house cups

Sun square moon = divided parents

astro.teacher

In the case of weakness or strength of ones enemies we must look to the dignities or debilities of the Lord. If there are many squares to the Moon then your secret enemies have many quarrels themselves. In fact, your secret enemy(/ies) may be an individual (who is Lunar in quality and looks) who you quarrel with as well and have debates with. You also need to know that having the Moon as Lord of the 12th also generally gives short lived but changing secret enemies. Either these people (most likely women) are changing their friendship status to enemy status quite frequently, or these people are fleeting in and out of your life or you just have a constant stream of different individuals who are your enemies and usually they disapear from your life just as quickly as they appeared. As I said, these people will be Lunar as will the situation of secret enemies, and the Moon is constantly changing face and will be represented as such.

I've been thinking about Jupiter ruling the 5th, and the 5th represents things like children, pubs, and lovers. Knock someone up from a bar on accident, and that person wants to keep the baby? Potential secret enemies?

If Jupiter or the 5th House is in no way attached to the 12th House, you dont need to worry about secret enemies coming from this houses significations.

Leon

astro.teacher said:
In the case of weakness or strength of ones enemies we must look to the dignities or debilities of the Lord. If there are many squares to the Moon then your secret enemies have many quarrels themselves. In fact, your secret enemy(/ies) may be an individual (who is Lunar in quality and looks) who you quarrel with as well and have debates with. You also need to know that having the Moon as Lord of the 12th also generally gives short lived but changing secret enemies. Either these people (most likely women) are changing their friendship status to enemy status quite frequently, or these people are fleeting in and out of your life or you just have a constant stream of different individuals who are your enemies and usually they disapear from your life just as quickly as they appeared. As I said, these people will be Lunar as will the situation of secret enemies, and the Moon is constantly changing face and will be represented as such.

If Jupiter or the 5th House is in no way attached to the 12th House, you dont need to worry about secret enemies coming from this houses significations.
My Moon rests in the 7th House of open enemies. Would that suggest that all my enemies are females?

Yea, my Jupiter rules my 5th, and it's in the 12th house of secret enemies.

My Mars (aggression) makes a pretty tight conjunction to Lilith (bad women?).

I should watch out for women that are evil.

Thanks.

Last edited: