Translation of light?

Baat

Hi all, Mercury and mars in this chart are the 2 signifiers. Mercury's next aspect is with the moon, who will then trine mars next. My only question, when the moon moves 1 degree to make a trine with Venus in Cancer, does this negate the later translation between Mercury and mars?

The question posed for this horary was "will my best friend and current partner end up in a relationship?"

https://ibb.co/n6vn81p

waybread

Baat, it is important to think about faster- and slower-moving planets; applying vs. separating aspects, as well as direct vs. retrograde movement. Mercury in this chart is retrograde, so your partner seems to be moving away from your friend. Perhaps he's having second thoughts.

The moon is the fastest-moving planet, so it is separating from both Mars and Mercury.

The moon here is a bit dicey. In the 11th house, she is technically a co-significator of your friend. However, the moon generally indicates the querent's (your) emotional stake in the matter. Then Venus is probably your partner's co-significator. So it's hard to tell just where his interests lie.

So far this chart seems like a mixed testimony.

However, Saturn in the first house was one of those old indicators that the matter inquired about was probably not going to work out to the querent's liking.

I notice that this chart is some weeks old now. If you still have reason to doubt your partner's faithfulness to you, maybe you want to have a quiet, non-accusatory conversion about where you stand in the relationship.

Baat

Thank you waybread. This is definitely not an easy thing to think about or to be a part of, although I know that is just my ego that is experiencing difficulty. We've had calm discussions about the state of our relationship, he reassures me that he loves me and is happy. There are other subtle cues that this isn't quite true, it's hard to know how to proceed. I don't want to confront either of them directly, but there's a part of my personality that would prefer to rip the band aid off, so to speak.

waybread

If you don't have any evidence that he's cheating, it's possible that he feels some affinity for your friend (or her for him,) but would not act on it. Mars (her) and Mercury (him) are moving apart from one another, as Mercury is retrograde.

You are signified here by Jupiter. It is technically in the 12th house but most astrologers would consider it to be in the 1st house. Your planet is in the sign it rules and in an angular house, which gives you considerable strength in this situation. In contrast, your friend (Mars) has no essential dignity, and is in the traditionally unfavourable 8th house. This doesn't help her attractiveness.