Many planets in Quintile?/Retrograde Mars - insight to my chart anyone?

GemGirl

Am I a relationship person?
What does many planets in Quintil mean for me?
Mars Retrograde? Is this a difficult aspect for life purpose? horoscopeyourself WT chart.jpg
Any interpretation for the chart would be helpful

thanks in advance

waybread

Can you post your chart using the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com? Then include the aspectarian (table of aspects) which will include the quintiles. They're hard to eyeball, otherwise.

Generally quintiles indicate areas of talent plus the ambition to manifest them.

With Mars retrograde, your innate assertiveness and aggression is turned inward, so you are probably very hard on yourself.

For life purpose, I would look more at your MC ruler (the sun,) your north node, and how the planets aspect them.

GemGirl

astro_w2gw_waiana.5310.125453.png

Thankyou for your reply waybread. I'm not sure what the aspectarian (table of aspects) is? I've had quite a rocky path in life so far especially in relationships making life hard for myself which could explain the Mars Retrograde? Apparently from an online astrologer now my Mars is Direct whatever that means?

I hope the attached chart can show you the aspects, quintiles?/relationships? career? for you to interpret?

I know my midheaven is in Leo and I have been a performer/dancer/actor yet this careerpath hasn't resulted in the success I would've liked. I am also quite an introverted person however this could stem from early childhood trauma & not so much within my chart however it would be interesting to get an insight astrologically?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thankyou

GemGirl

Can you post your chart using the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com? Then include the aspectarian (table of aspects) which will include the quintiles. They're hard to eyeball, otherwise.

Generally quintiles indicate areas of talent plus the ambition to manifest them.

With Mars retrograde, your innate assertiveness and aggression is turned inward, so you are probably very hard on yourself.

For life purpose, I would look more at your MC ruler (the sun,) your north node, and how the planets aspect them.

I'm sorry I'm not sure if you would've received a notification for my previous reply without quoting you. I hope to hear back from you soon waybread.

waybread

Thanks-- the aspectarian is that triangular table in the lower left of your attachment. It shows aspects between planets.

A planet is retrograde when its apparent motion, from our viewpoint on earth, seems to go backwards (west to east,) instead of the usual direction of the planets, from east to west. In modern western astrology, this is interpreted as the meaning of that planet being turned inward. Since Mars rules our natural assertiveness, anger, &c; the idea is that that aggression gets turned inward. So Mars retrograde people are apt to feel angry at themselves.

On the other hand, Mars also rules athletes, so this would be a good placement for someone wanting to develop her "inner game."

Astronomically, a planet that appears to go backwards will change course in move in a direct motion (east to west) eventually. Astrologers have a way of tracking planets after your birth called progressions, so it's likely that your natal Mars turned direct during your life. This change may have coincided with a time when you eased up on yourself a bit.

Relationships come in different types: partners/spouses, friends, family, and so on. With your sun in the 7th house of committed relationships such as marriage, you would probably feel most like your authentic self with a steady lover.

Yet life is saying to you, "It won't be easy!" Your sun is in a stressful aspect with a couple of planetary heavies. Uranus square sun makes it difficult to develop a sustained sense of self, because Uranus rules sudden change. Pluto square sun often happens with people who were bullied as children, so they learn not to trust other people. As adults, they may see a relationship as a power struggle with a winner and loser.

The 7th is also the house of one's open enemies, so if you can't create a spouse or partner, you may find yourself with enemies. (This dual nature of the 7th house may explain why divorce rates are so high.)This is especially likely to happen with your Mars opposite Mercury.

I think the best way to take the squares to your sun is that they are asking you to ongoingly reinvent yourself. If you put the pressure on yourself to grow and evolve into a more enlightened person, you'll probably get along better with them.

I think you have a strong, if difficult, chart. You have three domiciled planets (in the sign they rule; comparable to the king in his castle.)

Your quintiles mainly affect your moon and Pluto. Actually, you may be extremely ambitious. Possibly your difficulties in life make you feel you couldn't go after what you want, but your horoscope says you can-- and probably must in order to feel like the real you.

It looks to me like you have some artistic and writing ability. Even if you do not pursue your talents as a career, they will be good ways through sketching, journaling, or music to express your deep emotional nature. If you have dancing and acting experience, you may be able to express them in a local community theatre, if not in Hollywood. The planets showing artistic ability do need some expression, too.

Last edited:

GemGirl

Thanks-- the aspectarian is that triangular table in the lower left of your attachment. It shows aspects between planets.

A planet is retrograde when its apparent motion, from our viewpoint on earth, seems to go backwards (west to east,) instead of the usual direction of the planets, from east to west. In modern western astrology, this is interpreted as the meaning of that planet being turned inward. Since Mars rules our natural assertiveness, anger, &c; the idea is that that aggression gets turned inward. So Mars retrograde people are apt to feel angry at themselves.

On the other hand, Mars also rules athletes, so this would be a good placement for someone wanting to develop her "inner game."

Astronomically, a planet that appears to go backwards will change course in move in a direct motion (east to west) eventually. Astrologers have a way of tracking planets after your birth called progressions, so it's likely that your natal Mars turned direct during your life. This change may have coincided with a time when you eased up on yourself a bit.

Relationships come in different types: partners/spouses, friends, family, and so on. With your sun in the 7th house of committed relationships such as marriage, you would probably feel most like your authentic self with a steady lover.

Yet life is saying to you, "It won't be easy!" Your sun is in a stressful aspect with a couple of planetary heavies. Uranus square sun makes it difficult to develop a sustained sense of self, because Uranus rules sudden change. Pluto square sun often happens with people who were bullied as children, so they learn not to trust other people. As adults, they may see a relationship as a power struggle with a winner and loser.

The 7th is also the house of one's open enemies, so if you can't create a spouse or partner, you may find yourself with enemies. (This dual nature of the 7th house may explain why divorce rates are so high.)This is especially likely to happen with your Mars opposite Mercury.

I think the best way to take the squares to your sun is that they are asking you to ongoingly reinvent yourself. If you put the pressure on yourself to grow and evolve into a more enlightened person, you'll probably get along better with them.

I think you have a strong, if difficult, chart. You have three domiciled planets (in the sign they rule; comparable to the king in his castle.)

Your quintiles mainly affect your moon and Pluto. Actually, you may be extremely ambitious. Possibly your difficulties in life make you feel you couldn't go after what you want, but your horoscope says you can-- and probably must in order to feel like the real you.

It looks to me like you have some artistic and writing ability. Even if you do not pursue your talents as a career, they will be good ways through sketching, journaling, or music to express your deep emotional nature. If you have dancing and acting experience, you may be able to express them in a local community theatre, if not in Hollywood. The planets showing artistic ability do need some expression, too.

Wow - thankyou so much for your time explanations and interpretation waybread I really appreciate it. There is so much that you've said that rings true with me & my life!!!

I'm not sure that you want me to reply however I just wanted to give you some feedback on what you've replied and a quick question if you don't mind replying?

When I was younger I did show a good talent for team sports yet gave it up as a professional goal to party with my friends. I felt I wasn't good enough at the time so I thought what the hell I'll go have some fun & threw the opportunity away. I am however a good team defensive player and am very competitive on the field or in any games by nature. I was also cast as a lead in a play as young 15 yr old and when it came to opening night I bailed and went out to party with my friends again scared of failing.

I have been ambitious by nature however haven't really put myself out there to really excel in performing/acting which I absolutely love but also terrifies me. I have also suffered accidents that have prevented me physically from achieving my goals and ambitions.

Apparently Mars is direct now for the rest of my life so maybe can express myself where I can feel most comfortable and at ease with myself.

I do feel most comfortable in a partnership with steady lover however just haven't picked the best types for myself in the past unfortunately.

I do agree I have lived a strong and difficult path as I feel as if 3 life-times over already.

If you could please explain:

The strength in the chart is?
The difficulty is?

And Can I ask the siginificance of the 3 domiciled planets?

I have written a play and also performed it and would like to take writing to another level so it's good to hear there is talent in the chart there.

Once again thankyou for your time. I'd be willing to get a greater indepth reading of my chart from you if you do that sort of thing and can pay $$ if you are willing? Not sure if I'm supposed to ask that on here either so my apologies in advance if it's breaking protocol.

Have a great week.

Amit89

I would say you're emotionally confident, you know how to express yourself and people can gravitate to you since the moon rules people. You should be athletic and motivated. Since mars is retrograde this could be inward.

I would also say you don't waste your time and you are very will powered.

I'm confident you are physically well built since mars is in a fire sign conjuct asc.

waybread

If you could please explain:

The strength in the chart is?
The difficulty is?

And Can I ask the siginificance of the 3 domiciled planets?

I have written a play and also performed it and would like to take writing to another level so it's good to hear there is talent in the chart there.

Once again thankyou for your time. I'd be willing to get a greater indepth reading of my chart from you if you do that sort of thing and can pay $$ if you are willing? Not sure if I'm supposed to ask that on here either so my apologies in advance if it's breaking protocol.

Have a great week.

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Each sign has one or two planets that rule it. (Traditional astrologers don't use Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto as sign rulers, but modern western astrologers do. )

When a planet is in the sign it rules, it's called "domiciled"-- like our word "domicile" for one's home. A planet in the sign it rules is supposed to be extra strong. Your domiciled planets are the moon in Cancer, Mercury in Gemini, and Venus in Taurus.

The moon rules your emotional nature (deep!) Mercury rules your speaking, writing, and thinking, but also the hands. Venus rules love relationships as well as the arts. Having 3 (count 'em) domiciled planets doesn't come up all that often, in my experience.

So why do you think you sabotaged yourself when you were young? Feelings of not being good enough? Or did your ambition somehow frighten you? Or others around you? Both? But now that you're more mature, hopefully you don't have to repeat those self-defeating experiences.

I suggest that, given all those quintiles in your chart, it's OK to try and fail. (And pick yourself up and try some more.) What I would not recommend is that you never try to express what is in you. There is a saying, "Who would you be if you were not afraid?"

I'm happy to answer further questions about your horoscope. I am an amateur and I don't take money for what I do.

Last edited:

GemGirl

I would say you're emotionally confident, you know how to express yourself and people can gravitate to you since the moon rules people. You should be athletic and motivated. Since mars is retrograde this could be inward.

I would also say you don't waste your time and you are very will powered.

I'm confident you are physically well built since mars is in a fire sign conjuct asc.

Hi Amit - Thankyou for your reply and insights into my chart. I’m not sure that I’d agree I’m emotionally confident however may have been if I didn’t suffer a lot emotional trauma as a child & adult. I was actually quite a sick child and suffered tonsalitis continuously until removed along with what seemed endless episodes of bronchial asthma. So didn’t excel athletically until early teens. My build is quite slight, tallish 5’7 but I do have a very strong will and can push myself to the point where my body collapses from exhaustion.

GemGirl

Each sign has one or two planets that rule it. (Traditional astrologers don't use Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto as sign rulers, but modern western astrologers do. )

When a planet is in the sign it rules, it's called "domiciled"-- like our word "domicile" for one's home. A planet in the sign it rules is supposed to be extra strong. Your domiciled planets are the moon in Cancer, Mercury in Gemini, and Venus in Taurus.

The moon rules your emotional nature (deep!) Mercury rules your speaking, writing, and thinking, but also the hands. Venus rules love relationships as well as the arts. Having 3 (count 'em) domiciled planets doesn't come up all that often, in my experience.

So why do you think you sabotaged yourself when you were young? Feelings of not being good enough? Or did your ambition somehow frighten you? Or others around you? Both? But now that you're more mature, hopefully you don't have to repeat those self-defeating experiences.

I suggest that, given all those quintiles in your chart, it's OK to try and fail. (And pick yourself up and try some more.) What I would not recommend is that you never try to express what is in you. There is a saying, "Who would you be if you were not afraid?"

I'm happy to answer further questions about your horoscope. I am an amateur and I don't take money for what I do.[

I'm happy to answer further questions about your horoscope. I am an amateur and I don't take money for what I do.

Thankyou again waybread for your reply and further insights. I’d say having grown up in a very abusive, hyper critical home environment made me feel almost like if I did achieve that I didn’t deserve it. Also was chastised by people in my family for thinking I was better than them if I did achieve. I almost still feel fear of becoming happy or successful. And I’ve also put myself in intimate situations with partners who reinforced that feeling.

I know I have many squares to my Sun which I believe refers to relationships with men? I wonder if my chart is pointing towards me not having a successful relationship with a man in this lifetime?

Also if you don’t often see 3 domiciled planets in home signs what would it’s greater meaning be for my chart or life path? If you are able to comment any further?

Once again appreciate your time & insight. I really would like to figure out my chart details.

Thanks Gemgirl

waybread

Basically, whatever hardships life has thrown at you, I think you are stronger than they are. Have you ever been in therapy with a psychologist? If not, it might help to expunge your self-defeating behaviours stemming from childhood. I see no reason why you couldn't have a successful relationship if you can get over feelings that in a relationship it's "dominate or be dominated." And if you can be very realistic about the next man in your life (Mercury opposite Neptune.)

Synastry is the comparison of two people's horoscopres, and its used a lot when deciding the suitability of a relationship. When you find someone who seriously interests you, this technique can be used to see if the relationship is likely to work out.