Degrees again: nice-to-knows :)

fullmoonlibra

{Moderator Edit} all of these listings are found on multiple sites from the internet... word for word... It is impossible for me to find the site these were quoted from. The rule forums do not allow for copy and pasting someone elses work without siting the source nor the allowance of over 100 words. Please google each sentence in order to find dozens of sites with the information and pick which ever one as the source. In the future, any similar type thread will just be deleted in order to maintain the forum's rules against information piracy.

0-1 DEGREES OF ALL SIGNS MEANS BEGINNING SOMETHING IN PREDICTION.

29 DEGREES OF ALL SIGNS MEANS ENDING SOMETHING IN PREDICTION.

0-1 Degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn are extremely critical degrees, in predictive astrology; always a jump start, so to speak. These are the four cardinal signs; the solstice points of the Zodiac. What has begun, may or may not last. Cardinal signs indicate strong beginnings, but lack the stability of the fixed signs or the adaptablity of the mutable signs. 0-1 of Libra oftentimes signifies the beginning of a relationship in predictive astrology.

0-1 Degrees of Taurus is always permanent, in prediction, for good or bad.

0-1 Degrees of Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius is long lasting. Fixed signs signify permanence, stability and things that last. What has begun will more than likely last, in prediction.

0-1 Degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces are beginnngs subject to change. Mutable signs always signify adaptability, restlessness and change. What has begun is subject to chages in prediction

29 Degrees of Pisces is a permanent ending in predictive astrology, as is 29 degrees of Taurus.

13 and 26 Degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn give special importance to the planet(s) or house cusps occupying the degree. The affairs ruled by the planets, the affairs ruled by the houses ruled by the planets or by the houses these degrees are on point to something of the above mentioned occuring in the life of the chart owner.

9 and 21 Degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius -Same as the above, with a tendency to misfortune. 21 Degrees of Scorpio is a definite loss Natally or in prediction, the loss is not always negative.

4 and 17 of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces are similar to the 13 and 26 Degrees of the Cardinal signs, mentioned above.

15 Degrees of Leo is one of the worst degrees in the zodiac. Either natally or in prediction. Prominent in the charts of serial killers, felons serving life sentences, hard luck, etc. Helen Keller- blind/deaf had her chart co-ruler, Mars at 15 degrees of Leo, along with no air signs. (Air signs are communication).

25 degrees of Leo is violent, many people in prison for violent crimes have their chart rulers on this degree. Also, this is not a good degree for a planet to be on in a predictive chart. Problems will result from this placement according to the affairs it rules and/or house it is in. This is a very strong degree of alchoholism. Many who are chronic alcoholics have prominent planets on the 25th degree of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius. Especially strong if Neptune is involved.

15 Degrees of Taurus, Scorpio and Aquarius are also unfortunate, but not to the extent as 15 degrees of Leo, one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac.

16, 17, 18, 19, 22 and 25 Degrees of Taurus are all degrees of violence.

9 Degrees of Gemini- degree of homocide.

17 Degrees of Gemini- degree of homocide.

6 Degrees of Cancer possible physical disability and to a lesser extent, 6 degrees, Libra, Capricorn and Aries. Especially if the planet occupies the first house.

6 Degrees of Leo/Aquarius is bad for eyesight.

12 Degrees of Leo, degree of beauty.

9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees or degrees of suffering.
9 degrees of Pisces is one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac.

9 Degrees of Sagittarius, is a warrior degree, and also a degree of homocide.

22 degrees of all signs is bad, either natally or in prediction.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapAquaPis

Thanks for sharing the degrees (astrologically) of revealing much about ourselves. :smile: I'm a 26 (or was it 27) Aquarius based on the sun and 20 degrees Aquarius, double the sign based on the moon. I'm checking out the other planetary positions on my star chart to get the picture for a precise astrological personal profile.

SUN - 26-27 deg Aquarius
An Ancient Pottery Bowl Filled With Fresh Violets

MOON- 19-20 deg Aquarius
A Large White Dove Bearing A Message

20-21 deg Aquarius
A Disappointed And Disillusioned Woman Courageously Faces A Seemingly Empty Life

The two main celestial bodies in Aquarius had a total solar eclipse (Feb. 16, the next day). That should really mean something for me and my birthday (Feb. 15/16, 1980) twins.

piercethevale

This interesting but I don't have much faith in most of what you've written here.

There's no such thing as a malefic degree. This just continues the myth of 'Fatalistic astrology.' [...IMHO...of course....~~~
Note; The 15th degree of the 4 'Fixed Signs' are known as "The Gates of The Avatars". When the Sun is at or near these degrees a great many of the most notable contributors, influences and dynamic spiritual leaders are born and Most of the great Swamis, Yogis and other spiritual teachers and leaders have a 'Fixed Sign' chart axis. Quite often with a second decant origin for the Asc. degree.
Mohandas Gandhi comes immediately to mind but his Asc. is the 6th of Scorpio...but He was born with many other astrological influences in the 2nd decant of the Fixed Signs. Moon @ 20* Leo 23', Venus @ 16* Scorpio 28', Mars @ 18* Scorpio 25', Pluto @ 17* Taurus 19', Jupiter @ 20* Taurus . Baha`'u' llah- [Persian mystic/founder of the Bahai movement] had a natal Sun in the 19th degree of Scorpio.

I wrote about this observation a couple of years ago and it still holds true as a rule

piercethevale

QUOTE fullmoonlibra;"0-1 DEGREES OF ALL SIGNS MEANS BEGINNING SOMETHING IN PREDICTION.

0-1 Degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn are extremely critical degrees, in predictive astrology; always a jump start, so to speak. These are the four cardinal signs; the solstice points of the Zodiac. What has begun, may or may not last. Cardinal signs indicate strong beginnings, but lack the stability of the fixed signs or the adaptablity of the mutable signs. 0-1 of Libra oftentimes signifies the beginning of a relationship in predictive astrology."

Dang Skippy they're critical. Rudhyar made particular mention of the first degree of the Cardianl signs in his book on the Sabian Symbols in Part 3, Chapter 2, titled, "The Cross and the Star"http://mindfire.ca/The%20Sabian%20Symbols/An%20Astrological%20Mandala%20-%20The%20Cross%20and%20the%20Star.htm
...and in what is the belief of Rudhyar [he did allude to, infer, implicate, hint, suggest, subtly indicate] as pertaining to the 'Esoteric School of Astrology', that Libra 01* is the 'Last Symbol' of the 360 in a "Spiritually Evolutionary" applied/oriented/goal-ed life

"0-1 Degrees of Taurus is always permanent, in prediction, for good or bad.

0-1 Degrees of Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius is long lasting. Fixed signs signify permanence, stability and things that last. What has begun will more than likely last, in prediction."

the 1st degree of the Fixed Signs does represent the chart axis of the entire Universe itself as to its own birth. This is indicated in the Bible in the Book of Habakkuk and is read there using Kabbalistc technique of translation. Aquarius 1* is the Asc., the "WHO" of the chart axis by Sabian Symbolic interpretation. Leo 1* is the Desc., the "WHERE-TO". Taurus 1* is the I.C., the "HOW". Scorpio 1* is the "WHY"...yes, the very 'WHY" of all creation [and the 30th degree of each previous sign is the 'Seed' of the last creation that this one grew from. So, YES..those degrees are going to have a 'Feel of being VERY permanent...I would say.]

"29 Degrees of Pisces is a permanent ending in predictive astrology"
I assume you mean the 30th degree of Pisces...and , well yeah..it's the last of the 360 in sequence when read or applied to 'Involutionary' interpretation [Esoteric School]

"13 and 26 Degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn give special importance to the planet(s) or house cusps occupying the degree. The affairs ruled by the planets, the affairs ruled by the houses ruled by the planets or by the houses these degrees are on point to something of the above mentioned occuring in the life of the chart owner."
As you keep bouncing back and forth from use of proper nomenclature of the degrees to the improper manner of labeling the degrees from 0 to 29, I can only guess that you mean either the 13th and 26th degrees or the 14th and 27th degrees.

"9 and 21 Degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius -Same as the above, with a tendency to misfortune. 21 Degrees of Scorpio is a definite loss Natally or in prediction, the loss is not always negative."Same as previous

"25 degrees of Leo is violent, many people in prison for violent crimes have their chart rulers on this degree. Also, this is not a good degree for a planet to be on in a predictive chart. Problems will result from this placement according to the affairs it rules and/or house it is in. This is a very strong degree of alchoholism. Many who are chronic alcoholics have prominent planets on the 25th degree of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius. Especially strong if Neptune is involved."
Well, it's my Part of Fotune, my M.C.. It is the Hermetic Part of Eros that I get for the chart I propose [...actually, I know it is and I claim it to be...but, out of respect.] is that of the birth of Jesus/Yeshua..meaning the Sabian Symbol is that quality He looked for in those He wished to most closely associate with. I understand he and his buds did like to drink wine on occasions

"17 Degrees of Gemini- degree of homocide."
If you mean the 17th degree. Nothing at all as to what I know of it. It's my 8th cusp and and in more than a couple of close friends associates natal charts as Planetary and Arabic part...and nary a drop of blood on any of their hands.

"12 Degrees of Leo, degree of beauty."Wow, really. Then thanks! I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for some of that.

"9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees or degrees of suffering.
9 degrees of Pisces is one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac."
Again, if the 9th degree is meant...I've seen a number of natal charts that it is a major position...in fact a couple of charts that also have your accursed 17th of Gemini...they're beautiful people, Artists, deep thinkers, salt of the earth

"9 Degrees of Sagittarius, is a warrior degree, and also a degree of homocide."
The Sabian Symbol for the 9th of Sag. is one of empathy, concern, pity, compassion...and the the 10th of Sag. doesn't ring with 'Warrior" or 'Agression" either.

"22 degrees of all signs is bad, either natally or in prediction."
Bad for you, maybe...for dissing it like you have...OY VEY...!!!

Last edited:

bardevolved

i dont believe in the malefic degrees of the zodiacs

I have mars in 15 degree of leo. I am a good human being from heart...i m scared about murder,voilence etc. Rather i am a peacekeeper

Attachments

• my natal.JPG
    my natal.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 167

dhundhun

15 Degrees of Leo is one of the worst degrees in the zodiac. Either natally or in prediction. Prominent in the charts of serial killers, felons serving life sentences, hard luck, etc. Helen Keller- blind/deaf had her chart co-ruler, Mars at 15 degrees of Leo, along with no air signs. (Air signs are communication).

The Star/Constellation α Ursæ Majoris is located on 15 degree of Leo. This constellation represents seven great sages (rishis) of Hindu Mythology - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saptarishi.

This degree is supposed to be fortunate. It represents combination of Venus, Mercury and Mars. To individual, if this degree is significant, gives knowledge of Astrology and Psychic power. Also this can make one Arrogant and lead to destruction.

i dont believe in the malefic degrees of the zodiacs

I have mars in 15 degree of leo. I am a good human being from heart...i m scared about murder,voilence etc. Rather i am a peacekeeper

In your chart, Mars is getting favorable energies from Saturn (controls Mars, so constructive) and Jupiter (success and +ve outcome from your initiatives). I hope you enjoying placement of Mars.

Last edited:

dhundhun

I've different explanation about Helen Keller. I don't agree blaming Mars for blindness.

The Pleiades, which is located in Taurus 29 can cause blindness. Helen Keller has her Asc Lord Pluto at that degree. (Note: She was born in 1880, stars has shifted by about 2 degrees and you have to add two degrees to her planet degrees to get today's degrees). That Pluto is opposing Asc.

Co-factor could be Mercury located at the Aselli, which is squared by Saturn. The Aselli is related to blindness.

Saturn's affliction to Mercury can result in deafness.

Just different interpretation about about Helen Keller, because I don't consider α Ursæ Majoris @15 Leo to be melefic.

This is described otherwise @
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saptarishi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Dipper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursa_Major
http://www.interactivestars.com/lost_zodiac/lost_zodiac_sign_great_bear.htm

Last edited:

viola magmar

Fullmoonlibra, you should have quoted the source of this pasting of yours, i.e.: http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Degrees.html

otherwise forum members are induced to presume you can sort of fully answer their questions :=)) and even if you are so conversed with fixed stars and their position in the sky and so on, it is always correct to quote the source.

violaciao

0-1 DEGREES OF ALL SIGNS MEANS BEGINNING SOMETHING IN PREDICTION.

0-1 Degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn are extremely critical degrees, in predictive astrology; always a jump start, so to speak. These are the four cardinal signs; the solstice points of the Zodiac. What has begun, may or may not last. Cardinal signs indicate strong beginnings, but lack the stability of the fixed signs or the adaptablity of the mutable signs. 0-1 of Libra oftentimes signifies the beginning of a relationship in predictive astrology.

0-1 Degrees of Taurus is always permanent, in prediction, for good or bad.

0-1 Degrees of Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius is long lasting. Fixed signs signify permanence, stability and things that last. What has begun will more than likely last, in prediction.

0-1 Degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces are beginnngs subject to change. Mutable signs always signify adaptability, restlessness and change. What has begun is subject to chages in prediction

29 Degrees of Pisces is a permanent ending in predictive astrology, as is 29 degrees of Taurus.

13 and 26 Degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn give special importance to the planet(s) or house cusps occupying the degree. The affairs ruled by the planets, the affairs ruled by the houses ruled by the planets or by the houses these degrees are on point to something of the above mentioned occuring in the life of the chart owner.

9 and 21 Degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius -Same as the above, with a tendency to misfortune. 21 Degrees of Scorpio is a definite loss Natally or in prediction, the loss is not always negative.

4 and 17 of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces are similar to the 13 and 26 Degrees of the Cardinal signs, mentioned above.

25 degrees of Leo is violent, many people in prison for violent crimes have their chart rulers on this degree. Also, this is not a good degree for a planet to be on in a predictive chart. Problems will result from this placement according to the affairs it rules and/or house it is in. This is a very strong degree of alchoholism. Many who are chronic alcoholics have prominent planets on the 25th degree of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius. Especially strong if Neptune is involved.

15 Degrees of Taurus, Scorpio and Aquarius are also unfortunate, but not to the extent as 15 degrees of Leo, one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac.

16, 17, 18, 19, 22 and 25 Degrees of Taurus are all degrees of violence.

9 Degrees of Gemini- degree of homocide.

17 Degrees of Gemini- degree of homocide.

6 Degrees of Cancer possible physical disability and to a lesser extent, 6 degrees, Libra, Capricorn and Aries. Especially if the planet occupies the first house.

6 Degrees of Leo/Aquarius is bad for eyesight.

12 Degrees of Leo, degree of beauty.

9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees or degrees of suffering.
9 degrees of Pisces is one of the worst degrees in the Zodiac.

9 Degrees of Sagittarius, is a warrior degree, and also a degree of homocide.

22 degrees of all signs is bad, either natally or in prediction.

princess valhalla

This interesting but I don't have much faith in most of what you've written here.

There's no such thing as a malefic degree. This just continues the myth of 'Fatalistic astrology.' [...IMHO...of course....~~~
Note; The 15th degree of the 4 'Fixed Signs' are known as "The Gates of The Avatars". When the Sun is at or near these degrees a great many of the most notable contributors, influences and dynamic spiritual leaders are born and Most of the great Swamis, Yogis and other spiritual teachers and leaders have a 'Fixed Sign' chart axis. Quite often with a second decant origin for the Asc. degree.
Mohandas Gandhi comes immediately to mind but his Asc. is the 6th of Scorpio...but He was born with many other astrological influences in the 2nd decant of the Fixed Signs. Moon @ 20* Leo 23', Venus @ 16* Scorpio 28', Mars @ 18* Scorpio 25', Pluto @ 17* Taurus 19', Jupiter @ 20* Taurus . Baha`'u' llah- [Persian mystic/founder of the Bahai movement] had a natal Sun in the 19th degree of Scorpio.

I wrote about this observation a couple of years ago and it still holds true as a rule

----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Hello Doves,
I may not be posting in the correct thread, but this thread came up in my research of the degrees. What Ive learned so far is that the 22nd degree is "bad", with that being said, my darling daughter has her pisces moon at 22 degrees. What exactly can/will this mean for her? Should I be concerned?
I cant quite find any information telling me WHY this is a bad degree.

Many thanks.xo

piercethevale

Hello Doves,
I may not be posting in the correct thread, but this thread came up in my research of the degrees. What Ive learned so far is that the 22nd degree is "bad", with that being said, my darling daughter has her pisces moon at 22 degrees. What exactly can/will this mean for her? Should I be concerned?
I cant quite find any information telling me WHY this is a bad degree.

Many thanks.xo

IMHO, read the Sabian Symbol for that. I would post it for you, but I don't know if you are "onboard" with the use of proper enumeration of the degrees as applied to degree symbolism. Unless your daughters natal Moon is exactly 22* 00' 00" then it is in the 23rd degree of Pisces.
Here is a link wherein you can look them up: http://mindfire.ca/The Sabian Symbols/An Astrological Mandala - Pisces 16-30.htm

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I actually have only started looking into degrees this past bit, so I am new with understanding the concept. My daughter actually WOULD be in the 23rd degree, which equals relief for me...
thanks!

tsmall

Premium Member
Thanks so much! I actually have only started looking into degrees this past bit, so I am new with understanding the concept. My daughter actually WOULD be in the 23rd degree, which equals relief for me...
thanks!

The 23rd degree of Pisces is in the domicile of Jupiter, the exaltation of Venus, the detriment and fall of Mercury, and the triplicity of Venus by day and Mars by night. It's a masculine degree, and empty or void.

You can start investigating degrees here.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deginf1.html

piercethevale

thanks!
It is a breech of etiquette to bring other symbolism into a thread posted with the subject of another ...but maybe just this once as we have already breached said subject ...and besides, others are now curious, I'm sure.
From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala".
(PISCES 23°): "A 'MATERIALIZING' MEDIUM GIVING A SEANCE.

KEYNOTE: The ability to give of one's own vital energy to substantiate one's conscious ideals or unconscious desires. ...
...The display of psychic power that the symbol depicts can be interpreted positively or negatively according to the motives that induced the "medium" to give the seance. In its most constructive aspect it suggests the Keyword: [Dane's renowned 'Keyword'{s} in summation] SUBSTANTIATION."

One has to integrate the symbolism with the inherent qualities of the Moon. [most particularly all matters pertaining to emotionality]

piercethevale

The 23rd degree of Pisces is in the domicile of Jupiter, the exaltation of Venus, the detriment and fall of Mercury, and the triplicity of Venus by day and Mars by night. It's a masculine degree, and empty or void.

You can start investigating degrees here.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deginf1.html
:pinched::annoyed:
IMHO...stay away from skyscript. The founder and moderator is very much rigid and vehemently so about Traditional Astrology...i.e. anything newer than Her precious 'Lily' is blasphemy. I know this to be a fact from having joined that forum and the attempts I made to post on degree symbolism. If anything I would expect them to promote some 'failure' of a system of degree symbolism just to 'throw a spanner' in the works.
Really, tsmall, where did you get the idea that skyscript could be of any assistance to anyone interested in degree symbolism?:annoyed::annoyed:

P.S. I don't believe that Jupiter is the ruler of Pisces and have a d*** good case against that belief...and as to diurnal and nocturnal being of any difference in astrology in any capacity other than determining the Asc. has yet to be convincingly demonstrated... [and personally, to me, even to such a minimal degree that it's plausible .]
Stick with the Sabians, particularly Dane Rudhyar's book [at least until you get familiar with them] and you can't go wrong ..IMH [but very studied and extremely experienced] O, of course.:rightful:
ptv

The Ram

As far as Sabian books go.... Dane Rudhyars: An astrological mandala is great, so is Dr Marc Edmond Jones: The Sabian Symbols and more recently Lyn Birkbeck: The astrological oracle.

piercethevale

LOL my south node is at 9'01 degrees Sagittarius and my North is 9'01 degrees Gemini. I guess I'm a homicidal warrior!

My Pluto is at 1'31 Scorps and my Neptune is at 1'23 Cap. I'm into the occult, so it makes sense those planets would be big for me.

My Saturn is at 15'46 degrees Scorps. Poor me. :(

if it is at all of any interest to you the description for your North Node by Sabians symbology is[ibid.] [Rudhyar's, "Keynote"]

"A superior ability to challenge nature and play with danger."

...you freakin' maniac, you!:lol:

piercethevale

As far as Sabian books go.... Dane Rudhyars: An astrological mandala is great, so is Dr Marc Edmond Jones: The Sabian Symbols and more recently Lyn Birkbeck: The astrological oracle.

I haven't heard of Lyn before. I'll definitely be checking her [his?] book out.
Thanks for the tip!