Mercury in Scorpio

StillOne

Who here has Mercury in Scorpio?

Thoughts?

Do you find it intense? Deep? Sexual? Challenging?

Do you like to dig deep into your interests?

Do you tend to overthink things? Research things to death?

I've also read that Mercury in Scorpio can give quick hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.

Thanks

Last edited:

Whoam1

Late scorpio mercury will be quick in thought. Nervous energy. Addiction. Sharp tounged. Blunt and unfiltered, but highly intelligent. They have jazzy impressonic minds, focusing on the whole painting as an abstract piece over the details.

Moondancing

Premium Member
My Mercury is in Scorpio and I love the depths of observation and research my mind takes me. But, it is without essential dignity and no matter the time I put in and depth of study, I feel lost. Always questioning "where am I going with this?"

Love languages! Studied Latin to use in Catholic church but it's use is gone. Gifted at shorthand which is no longer in use. Attracted to dead languages?

Studied the language of the planets, being attracted to its demand for research and understanding of psychology, but there are so many variables to almost seem unusable, especially to one who can get lost.

The upside is the flexibility Mercury brings to Scorpio. I've enjoyed being able to change the way in which I view so many different things in life. In a moment I can see so many variables to solve a problem and decisively take action. Being ruled by Mars keeps me pressing forward and not let my worried mind put up permanent barriers.

MD

WHYNOT

Banned
It can be painfully isolating to see the truth behind facades, see the filth and corruption that others can't see.
eg. I woke up to the reality of mainstream media being just a business and how they lie to the public about important issues- when I was in my 40's.
It was before I even had internet. Questioning things that I read that didn't make sense caused me to embark on research for the first time..and oh boy the lies and obfuscations I uncovered. It was a huge wake up. But only the first..
Researching is a compulsion for me, I'm sorry to say that public are lied to, manipulated about nearly everything !!!
(And people who have College degrees are the worst brainwashed!)
My Scorp Merc is sq Uranus.
In my personal life, yes I tend to over think, because I can't help but see all the variables in any dilemma..!

Last edited:

Lin

You won't learn much to find out how person 2, 6, 22, 84.......lol......finds his/her Merc in Scorpio.
As the person who posted about "late" Scorpio implied, one of the things one needs to note is the decanate of the sign. For instance, the first decanate (or decan) of Scorpio is ruled by Pluto; the second by Neptune, the 3rd by the Moon.

So if Merc is at 5 Scorpio its connotation is PlutoPluto. At 15 Scorpio the connotation is Pluto Neptune; and of course the 3rd decanate would connote Pluto-Moon. Each has its own dynamic and projection and way of communicating.

Next you need to know where this Merc IS....is it angular? Does it conjunct a personal planet like the Sun or Venus? Does it conj Neptune or Uranus or Pluto?

And in which house is it in?

So finding out how someone else's Merc in Scorpio operates won't help you. (at least not in any specific way.)

LIN

StillOne

Thanks Lin. I was just curious how people here experience their Mercuries in Scorpio. Maybe this should be in chat!?

AtlanticPacific

I have Merc conj Uranus in the 2nd decan. As Merc is my 5th H ruler I'm drawn to ppl who interest/engage me mentally. Love ppl with hidden depths, who surprise me (in a good way!), ppl from other cultures and who are witty + intelligent.

I am also definitely prone to over-thinking, obsessive ruminating, dwelling on the past, as well as an interest in the occult/metaphysical. My mother calls me the "what if" girl because I'm always investigating all possible scenarios of any situation in my mind, sometimes incessantly (fun times!). However because I have a Scorpio stellium that also includes Sun, Venus, Mars + MC, along with a water Moon, I can't put all this down to Mercury..:biggrin:

I've been very observant since childhood and yes generally speaking have quick hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Mercury is entering Scorpio, bringing the blend of deep thinking and discussions about emotions to whatever house he is traveling through. Mercury will be here for two months.

Mercury is in my first house with a Scorpio Asc. Mercury in the 1st is suppose to be quite talkative, love writing and reading but it's exactly the opposite for me. In Scorpio the emotions muddle the quick thinking Mercury and I find speaking and writing very difficult. Love to read though and learning will be a lifelong passion for me.

I'm looking forward to Mercury's return. My progressed Mercury/Asc. conj just ingressed into Capricorn and T.Mercury stations/retro my N. Mercury. Natally Mercury is in mutual reception with Mars, square Pluto and rules 8th house. So it looks like a very intense couple of months. Right up my alley. Although, with Uranus in opposition to all those personal planets coming through Scorpio, it will be quite challenging to keep my nerves in check. :)

MD

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
"Mercury in Scorpio until 10 December (includes Rx phase). Expecting fanaticism, sarcasm, deceit and ruthless candour. Also heightened interest in the unfathomable!"

Is this likely because Mars entering Venus is in detriment?

Last edited:

katydid

I have Mercury in late Scorpio and it is conjunct my Descendant. I have the Sun in Scorpio as well.

Growing up, I had a sense of shame that kind of lurked within, because I had been sexually abused by a family member, when I was very, very young. And for over a year, as he was our babysitter.

So my Mercury was kind of tainted or damaged in my early years. I picked up strange emotional vibrations, and could feel or sense underlying sexual tension, even as a young girl. :bandit:

It wasn't until I began reading about and studying Astrology, when I was 13, that I began to truly understand my Scorpio self and was able to relax and forgive myself and understand I was the victim, not the guilty one. :ninja:

In college, I began going to a support group for survivors of Childhood sexual abuse and my education as a counsellor was fully underway.

Then I began to truly understand the depths and strengths of Mercury in Scorpio.

The ability to see what lies beneath. :joyful:

Lin

The point was not where you were asking, but that asking such a general question will, probably, get you generalized answers. Maybe that's what you're looking for....you can ask anything you want.
LIN