Translation of Light

twistandshout

Looking to gain more insight on the workings of Translation of Light when it comes to something coming to completion in a horary chart.

Casted a chart today regarding a new work opportunity that I was approached on. The two significators do not have an aspect applying to each other, however, the moon is providing a translation of light between the two, so I guess the question is - will things still come to completion?

The basic breakdown of the chart is pretty clear. Chart's radical, by the way, as the ruler of the hour is the Sun.

Sun is in Taurus, on the Midheaven Cusp showing my heightened position in the situation. They did, after all, approach me for the job opportunity. Venus is in the 9th house in it's sign of detriment, however, in Aries which exalts Me (The Sun). The 9th house seems extra appropriate since the company is overseas from where I am in the UK, they're also in the publishing and media industry so that reinforces it.

So, now the question comes in as to the role that the Moon plays here. The Moon is in the Suns's sign of Detriment in Aquarius, which just emotionally speaking makes sense. While I'm open to the opportunity, I'm honestly feeling pretty indifferent and disinterested since it's not my typical kind of work. Probably why the Moon is also in the 6th house. As while it is career related, I'd still emotionally relate to it as a general work obligation.

Moon is applying a Square to the Sun (me) and then a Sextile to Venus (Career Opportunity). Would this show me getting the job? Especially since Venus and Sun are, at least, mutually receptive to one another. Or is there something else I'm missing.

Attachments

• New-Opportunity.jpg
    New-Opportunity.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 40

waybread

Here is a good article on translation of light. https://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/translation.html

I think there's a challenge in this chart, in that, while the moon applies to an aspect with the sun and then to Venus, the moon-sun contact is a square, which usually indicates some difficulties.

I like the look of your sun-MC-PofF configuration, but perhaps the chart is giving you a heads-up to proceed with caution on this new opportunity.

twistandshout

Here is a good article on translation of light. https://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/translation.html

I think there's a challenge in this chart, in that, while the moon applies to an aspect with the sun and then to Venus, the moon-sun contact is a square, which usually indicates some difficulties.

I like the look of your sun-MC-PofF configuration, but perhaps the chart is giving you a heads-up to proceed with caution on this new opportunity.

The square to sextile translation is honestly a part of why I posted this. I feel like translation of light tends to be a bit more clear cut when it involves trines or sextiles but this does seem to show some sort of friction happening that does end up becoming something a bit more easy?

Yeah, the amount of work they're asking for is A Lot, so I've had to set some guidelines for what I can and Cannot accomplish during the amount of time that they've asked. I did also take the time this weekend to compose a contract that I'll be using from this point on for all work that's similar to this to make things a lot easier. I've already got a history of dealing with some difficult clients, so I'm trying to make sure that I'm applying what I've learned to this job opportunity to make sure I don't go through the same ordeal.

Still definitely being cautious about it, though. I suppose if they're willing to sign my contract in the end then i'll know if it's worth it.

tikana

Tech speaking you doubt even need tol
You have sun and venus in Mr very strong mixed reception and sun on 10th cusp

Moon is a timer by logic
In practice moon actually falls a lot of times to b main indicator for timing
I'd bet it's a person like hr

twistandshout

Tech speaking you doubt even need tol
You have sun and venus in Mr very strong mixed reception and sun on 10th cusp

Moon is a timer by logic
In practice moon actually falls a lot of times to b main indicator for timing
I'd bet it's a person like hr

Hm, it's possible that moon then is the person I'm in communication with for the job. The square between moon and sun might just be the timezone difference. I have to stay up until about 1 or 2AM my time to be able to catch him to make any progress in the job. It's definitely been the most obviously stressful aspect of the process. If things go through it'll definitely be easier to deal with but since this has such a short turn around I'm in a position where I have to stay up to catch the email to make sure that things go forward.