Retrograde planets

Abby83

Hi everyone,

I would like to know more about retrograde planets in horary.

Firstly, when it comes to relationships I think it's easier to figure out what the retrograde planet means.

However, when it comes to other questions im not sure how to read it.

Let's use this question as an example -

'will I lose weight if I stick to this diet?'

Lets say the asc ruler is mars, and the 6th house ruler is mercury which would be approaching a sextile to mars, except it is retrograde. So even though it would be a sextile (eg 5 degrees), does it automatically mean a no?

Oddity

There's a good explanation of retrogrades in Introductions to Traditional Astrology. Basically it's going to come down to things like houses (angular is better) and receptions as to whether things will work out favourably.

Abby83

Aww thanks for that help Oddity :). But where do I find this 'Introductions to Traditional Astrology?'

Last edited:

Bunraku

https://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Astrology-Today-Benjamin-Dykes/dp/1934586226

OMG For once these books are at a reasonable price. One time that Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson Horary book went for around $100 until someone pointed it out that there was a $20 lurking some obscure book website (last one in stock I purchased).

Actually you can find some of these books online for download (.PDF), but since these astrologers aren’t likely drowning in cash the kindest thing to do would be to purchase their books. It’s never a bad idea to “try before you buy” though. I avoided buying PLENTY of krappy books this way. Tips for the 21st century shopper.