Midpoints

I cee

Hi, I would like to understand further, midpoints.
I only realised a little while ago...on here in fact, that I have mercury at the midpoint of mars and neptune....
The way i am looking at this, is that its like twp people sitting on a bench, in this case mars and neptune, they are squaring each other, so probably not talking to each other, or...arguing maybe and along comes the midpoint, in this case, mercury in capricorn, and they sit down between and become a kind of negotiator for mars and neptune...,,
Am I on the right track?
Any way...the plot thickens, cos now mercury in capricorn has been obducted by pluto and I am wondering how thats interpreted....
Any help much appreciated...:love:

katydid

Hi, I would like to understand further, midpoints.
I only realised a little while ago...on here in fact, that I have mercury at the midpoint of mars and neptune....
The way i am looking at this, is that its like twp people sitting on a bench, in this case mars and neptune, they are squaring each other, so probably not talking to each other, or...arguing maybe and along comes the midpoint, in this case, mercury in capricorn, and they sit down between and become a kind of negotiator for mars and neptune...,,
Am I on the right track?
Any way...the plot thickens, cos now mercury in capricorn has been obducted by pluto and I am wondering how thats interpreted....
Any help much appreciated...:love:

I think your analogy is great. And Pluto coming along will be very important for the other castmates.

Mars/Neptune midpoint can indicate the 'active/dreaming' nexus. Mars/Neptune is about dreams/wishes/illusions/ambitions/conspiracies/activities which take over our waking hours. Having a square between the two can indicate some energy expended contemplating conspiracy theories, big personal plans or goals, many of which are not really feasible? It may signify an amazing creative imagination which is not always put to it's best use.

So Mercury is the arbitrator. Mercury tries to sort through the dreams/plans/beliefs and put them in some kind of order. Pluto coming along might be just the thing one needs. Pluto can give power to your goals/ambitions/ideas. Maybe you have some inventions/business ideas or the like that can really work? Pluto can be the impetus to get things going in a powerful way. At the very least it can help motivate one to stop daydreaming/wasting time on nebulous things and try to be more proactive. Pluto on the Mercury can help one learn to communicate these imaginative ideas in a more productive light?

I cee

I cee, you have used rather an effective analogy, so I consider that you have made a good start.

You may find this page useful:

http://hniizato.com/midpoints-in-astrology/

Hi Raven,
Thankyou for the link, I had a quick look, but will have another look when I can concentrate.....which I am having difficulty doing at moment.
I am realising though, which I'm thinking is pluto conjunct merc, that words are powerful and although I know that, I am really knowing it presently, I can't quite explain it, but verbally I can see the damage this can do in the world and also I feel like I am having to watch what I say and I seem to be analysing everything after it has been said...too much I think.
Uranus has also been squaring merc, which is hectic and exhilarating at the same time.
But thanks again!

I cee

I think your analogy is great. And Pluto coming along will be very important for the other castmates.

Mars/Neptune midpoint can indicate the 'active/dreaming' nexus. Mars/Neptune is about dreams/wishes/illusions/ambitions/conspiracies/activities which take over our waking hours. Having a square between the two can indicate some energy expended contemplating conspiracy theories, big personal plans or goals, many of which are not really feasible? It may signify an amazing creative imagination which is not always put to it's best use.

So Mercury is the arbitrator. Mercury tries to sort through the dreams/plans/beliefs and put them in some kind of order. Pluto coming along might be just the thing one needs. Pluto can give power to your goals/ambitions/ideas. Maybe you have some inventions/business ideas or the like that can really work? Pluto can be the impetus to get things going in a powerful way. At the very least it can help motivate one to stop daydreaming/wasting time on nebulous things and try to be more proactive. Pluto on the Mercury can help one learn to communicate these imaginative ideas in a more productive light?
Hi katydid,
Very interesting analysis.
I do daydream....alot.....but I need to start somewhere:lol:
I'm thinking these two are quite productive together, like you said,cos mercury is used to going into the underworld, so he must bump into pluto every now and then, so not a mismatched pair, quite used to each other by now.....do you think?
Because its in capricorn does this point to something tangible, to be made, real that I can touch....got me thinking now......