Your views on this location

gem1ni

I have a job offer for this location, including progressions. The strongest planets in astrocartography are Mars ASC and Venus MH.

I'm trying to find a place that will be good for career and where I can have a cozy home as well.

What do you think?

Last edited:

dr. farr

My suggestion:
-find the Lot of Success in your natal chart (if born during the day = ascendant+jupiter-Part of Fortune; if born during the night = ascendant+Part of Fortune-jupiter)
-find the Part of Happiness in your natal chart (if born during the day = ascendant+jupiter -the sun; if born during the night = ascendant+the sun-jupiter)
-now, place each of these Lots into the chart for the new location
-see where they fall in that chart, and aspects of planets to them
-this will indicate pretty well whether or not the relocation place will likely be favorable or unfavorable for you

SniperBomber328

My suggestion:
-find the Lot of Success in your natal chart (if born during the day = ascendant+jupiter-Part of Fortune; if born during the night = ascendant+Part of Fortune-jupiter)
-find the Part of Happiness in your natal chart (if born during the day = ascendant+jupiter -the sun; if born during the night = ascendant+the sun-jupiter)
-now, place each of these Lots into the chart for the new location
-see where they fall in that chart, and aspects of planets to them
-this will indicate pretty well whether or not the relocation place will likely be favorable or unfavorable for you

I don't mean to ride on this post, but I have a question. When is a chart diurnal, and when is it nocturnal? I was born at 7:21 A.M., would that make me diurnal or nocturnal?

Nevertheless, again I apologise and I wonder on those lots.

dr. farr

No problem!
If the Sun has cracked the visible horizon (flat surface horizon), the chart is diurnal; if the last portion of the Sun has gone below the visible horizon, the chart is nocturnal.
Now, some use a different criterion for estimating day and night, based on the level of visible light; however, the majority consensus (and what I have always followed) is based on the first/last visibility of the Sun disc, relative to the horizon.

SniperBomber328

No problem!
If the Sun has cracked the visible horizon (flat surface horizon), the chart is diurnal; if the last portion of the Sun has gone below the visible horizon, the chart is nocturnal.
Now, some use a different criterion for estimating day and night, based on the level of visible light; however, the majority consensus (and what I have always followed) is based on the first/last visibility of the Sun disc, relative to the horizon.

Well, since I have no way of knowing if the sun was already over the horizon, I'd rely on the ASC, if memory serves me correctly, and where the Sun is positioned, right?

dr. farr

Easiest way is to look up (on the internet) the time of sunrise for the day and month at the location you were born at. However, you can simply use the natal chart: if the Sun is below the ascending degree/descending degree its a nocturnal chart; if above the ascending degree/descending degree its a diurnal chart.

SniperBomber328

Easiest way is to look up (on the internet) the time of sunrise for the day and month at the location you were born at. However, you can simply use the natal chart: if the Sun is below the ascending degree/descending degree its a nocturnal chart; if above the ascending degree/descending degree its a diurnal chart.

Oh, so I have a diurnal chart then!