Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
tsquare's Avatar
tsquare tsquare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In your mind.
Posts: 1,261
Send a message via MSN to tsquare
Neptune in House 5

Anyone here have Neptune in the 5th house happily married, or in a happy relationship?

Or did it go more like this?

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/fifthhouse.htm

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
ethertwist's Avatar
ethertwist ethertwist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 156
Re: Neptune in House 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Anyone here have Neptune in the 5th house happily married, or in a happy relationship?

Or did it go more like this?

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/fifthhouse.htm
I have Neptune in the 5th and unfortunately that interpretation rings more accurate than not.

ETA: I qualify the above by noting that I have natal Venus in the 12th, so that that also inclines me to a bit of a savior complex.

Last edited by ethertwist; 03-12-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
astrologer50's Avatar
astrologer50 astrologer50 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,695
Re: Neptune in House 5

5th House – succeedent house
Unconscious desire for love and appreciation through romance and creative expression. May have artistic talents. Especially to do with music, children, or the stock markets. Ability to play a role. Love of theatre. Very sympathetic. ­intuition strong here. This house describes love affairs and children. Romance over‑idealise. love at first sight. Romance seen through ­rose‑tinted glasses! Did you have gas and air or ­anesthetic during childbirth?
Artistic/creative children, secretive children, depending on aspects. Private enterprise ‑ beware the dangling carrot, be very wary of.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
danashock's Avatar
danashock danashock is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 178
Re: Neptune in House 5

man that bob marks interpretation was hilarious. I think this energy could be interpreted as (lost children); very easy to lose children especially to drowning or to drugs and alcohol,god forbid. doesnt mean that it will necessary happen but there is quite a tendency
__________________
www.aquarianshock.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Blackempress's Avatar
Blackempress Blackempress is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8th House!
Posts: 743
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress
Re: Neptune in House 5

Bouncing an old thread for the sake of my own knowledge.

I definitely would agree the description of Bob regarding a person I know. He has amazing intuition but as Neptune is Square to Saturn there's a hesitancy to rely on it much. Creative definitely but has the pattern of attracting victims. There is also the element of falling in love with unavailable people. What is the chase for or is it a delusional mind?

Anyone can add new info to this? I'd love to know the psyche behind this placement of Neptune.
__________________
I'd Kill for Individuality!

Last edited by Blackempress; 07-05-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Cascada Cascada is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 475
Re: Neptune in House 5

Hmm, I have heard that people with Neptune in 5th are in love with the idea of love.
I do see myself in this description, though. Only slightly. Like, for example, when a guy has had problems in the past or something I feel responsible for keeping him happy, I have an urge to nurture them. I've never been with anyone that bad though.
After I read Neptune in 5th, I caught what was being said on Uranus in 5th (which I also have) what I thought was funny and similar to me maybe not that extreme though, lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:25 AM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,594
Re: Neptune in House 5

I have Neptune conjunct Venus so I'm not sure that this will help any as far as just Neptune in the 5th...

Anyway, in equal house, I have Neptune conjunct Venus in the 5th. It's a blessing and a curse, most definitely. I have huge rose-colored glasses. I've never been happy in a relationship as it seems that the Love I'm searching for doesn't exist! It is of such an otherworldly and dreamy nature... It is unattainable and intangible. It's been quite challenging making this realization and I've embraced the fact that I've been much too perfectionistic in my thoughts regarding this.

I most definitely do not fall in love with people for their faults. This is probably due to the Venus conjunction and other elements of my chart.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Blackempress's Avatar
Blackempress Blackempress is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8th House!
Posts: 743
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress
Re: Neptune in House 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I have Neptune conjunct Venus so I'm not sure that this will help any as far as just Neptune in the 5th...

Anyway, in equal house, I have Neptune conjunct Venus in the 5th. It's a blessing and a curse, most definitely. I have huge rose-colored glasses. I've never been happy in a relationship as it seems that the Love I'm searching for doesn't exist! It is of such an otherworldly and dreamy nature... It is unattainable and intangible. It's been quite challenging making this realization and I've embraced the fact that I've been much too perfectionistic in my thoughts regarding this.
I suppose the Sign would make alot of difference too especially heightening it in water. Is there alot of glamorization of a person & ending up being disappointed with the 'real person'?
As a Pisces Asc I do tend to do that & always see the 'higher' side of a person which on one-hand makes me brilliant at improving someone's self-image but I end up being disappointed with not having that person 'as perfect' as I thought.
Can you relate to this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
Hmm, I have heard that people with Neptune in 5th are in love with the idea of love.
I do see myself in this description, though. Only slightly. Like, for example, when a guy has had problems in the past or something I feel responsible for keeping him happy, I have an urge to nurture them. I've never been with anyone that bad though.
.
This is nice. Any person would have problems but it's a different story when you always feel attracted to the 'problem-holders'.
Thanks!
__________________
I'd Kill for Individuality!

Last edited by Blackempress; 07-05-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,594
Re: Neptune in House 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackempress View Post
I suppose the Sign would make alot of difference too especially heightening it in water. Is there alot of glamorization of a person & ending up being disappointed with the 'real person'?
As a Pisces Asc I do tend to do that & always see the 'higher' side of a person which on one-hand makes me brilliant at improving someone's self-image but I end up being disappointed with not having that person 'as perfect' as I thought.
Can you relate to this?
Well, I think by the way I grew up/what my chart is composed of, I was always a bit insecure (cancer asc). So, I think I tended to put people on pedestals that I really admired and was enamoured with. Also, I think I looked for answers from others in my search for meaning. Often times I would sacrifice myself somehow for these people possibly in order for them to like me or for me to try and belong.

My Nep Ven conjunction lies in Sag. I think that explains a few things... I think if you look at my chart that, this is the focal point of my whole chart as I have a "structure" that points to this position. However, I don't want to discuss this here and derail the thread...

So, one thing, I think ultimately people couldn't give me what I was looking for so it is inevitable that I be dissapointed since I had such high expectations/fantasies/desires. It makes sense that all would eventually fail...

It's interesting that I'm writing about this now, as it seems I'm really evalutating all my relationships at the moment and trying to figure out how healthy they really are for me. Seems I've been disillusioned for most of my life in that respect. Indeed, I'd say most of my relationships have been disappointing...

I think learning about astrology and, especially this position, has enabled me to see deeper into situations and life in general. I suppose, an awakening of sorts. I'm finding that my circle of "friends" is quickly growing smaller as I'm really contemplating the reality of them versus my idealization of them. I feel it's ultimately a good thing.

I've always had a very deep and active mind (merc in scorp) so learning about this particular planetary situation has really helped elvate my existence. I think a lot of my nature has, unfortunately, been hidden from me due to my Moon in the 12th as well as having many quincunx aspects(yods) which I've heard lends to compartmentalization.

Last edited by StillOne; 07-05-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Judy_AzVirgo Judy_AzVirgo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 332
Re: Neptune in House 5

Well, I don't have Neptune in the 5th house but do have an analogous situation: Pisces on the 5th cusp, with ruler Neptune at the 12th cusp.

I do think Bob Marks exaggerates some, even for those who DO have Neptune in the 5th. But I have attracted more than my fair share of heavy drinkers over the years, even though I hardly ever drink. Second husband gave up alcohol after about 1-1/2 years of marriage, and he hasn't touched the stuff since. We just celebrated our 12th anniversary. Pretty good marriage.... not perfect, but pretty good. Is it ever 'perfect'? (I believe that 'soul mates' are created through long relationship, never perfect from the get-go.)

Dealing with this kind of Neptune situation, it helps to have planets that are more practical, realistic and balanced -- the kind of planets that keep you from getting into situations where you have to dial 911.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Blackempress's Avatar
Blackempress Blackempress is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 8th House!
Posts: 743
Send a message via Yahoo to Blackempress Send a message via Skype™ to Blackempress
Re: Neptune in House 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy_AzVirgo View Post
Well,=

Dealing with this kind of Neptune situation, it helps to have planets that are more practical, realistic and balanced -- the kind of planets that keep you from getting into situations where you have to dial 911.
This is wise advise!


Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Well, I think by the way I grew up/what my chart is composed of, I was always a bit insecure (cancer asc). So, I think I tended to put people on pedestals that I really admired and was enamoured with. Also, I think I looked for answers from others in my search for meaning. Often times I would sacrifice myself somehow for these people possibly in order for them to like me or for me to try and belong.

My Nep Ven conjunction lies in Sag. I think that explains a few things... I think if you look at my chart that, this is the focal point of my whole chart as I have a "structure" that points to this position. However, I don't want to discuss this here and derail the thread...

So, one thing, I think ultimately people couldn't give me what I was looking for so it is inevitable that I be dissapointed since I had such high expectations/fantasies/desires. It makes sense that all would eventually fail...


I've always had a very deep and active mind (merc in scorp) so learning about this particular planetary situation has really helped elvate my existence. I think a lot of my nature has, unfortunately, been hidden from me due to my Moon in the 12th as well as having many quincunx aspects(yods) which I've heard lends to compartmentalization.
This is what I had in mind as well. I can usually relate to heavy Neptune effects & that's how I end up feeling as well. Good that it spurred your insight ! I didn't know the Quincunx led to compartmentalisation. I have a few of those myself.
__________________
I'd Kill for Individuality!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,594
Re: Neptune in House 5

I think Neptune is quite difficult since it's quite intangible. It tends to fool us over and over. On the other hand, it can be beautiful as well. Very interesting as it's not a very logical planet so for someone with a lot of Air in their chart, Neptune is quite difficult to grasp IMO.

Here's a quote and link on the quincunx:
Quote:
What I have found is that people with quincunxes tend to compartmentalize the two areas of life indicated by the planets and points involved.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/article...ctaspects.html
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM
tsquare's Avatar
tsquare tsquare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In your mind.
Posts: 1,261
Send a message via MSN to tsquare
Re: Neptune in House 5

Neptune is not a planet of self preservation.

Learn how to look out for number 1.

If you havn't looked out for number 1 for quite some time then theirs a good chance someone else isn't going to like that.

When you start hearing stuff about your big ego, personal agenda, and unrealistic demands, get rid of the person.

Chances are you gave so much already for absolutely nothing in return.
Some people are nothing but a life drain with serious problems they have no agenda to solve their self. You might think your dealing with a good person at times who really wants to change but some people only say stuff like that like a con artist salesman.

Self undoing.
Stop doing it before it's too late.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
house, neptune

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling all Vedic astrologers..... freedomlover Vedic Astrology 38 12-13-2011 01:14 PM
hola amigos! compatibility help, yo? petalpossom Read My Chart 0 02-12-2011 04:17 PM
Aspects/Houses tikana Education Board 4 06-07-2010 11:31 AM
Synastry planets in partner's 12th house Cleopatra Relational Astrology 7 12-09-2007 10:16 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.