Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 10-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Martial Law: Elite Marines called to active duty 10/19/2019

The Reserve Component of the Marines has been called to active duty October 19, 2019 “to provide assistance in response to a disaster or emergency.” https://www.marines.mil/News/Messages/Messages-Display/Article/1979422/manpower-guidance-for-activation-and-deactivation-of-reserve-component-rc-marin

This was an exercise in futility apparently, so I'm deleting the text. Live and learn.

I do have a copy saved to my documents as I did some very good research!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf BOOMERANG forms in USA chart.pdf (201.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf Transits to USA zero hour Chart for October 20.pdf (99.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Cecile; 10-12-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Inherent errors in my assumption of what active duty entails.
Unread 10-12-2019, 09:51 PM

Re: Martial Law: Elite Marines called to active duty 10/19/2019

Cecile, I don't think this means what you think it means. Being on active duty simply means that members are full time in the service, vs. being in the reserves. Your attachment was hard to decipher but I read it to mean that marines can be called to deal with national emergencies, a job usually relegated to the state national guards.

For example, one paragraph in your link stated:

Quote:
if a Governor requests Federal assistance in responding to a major disaster or emergency (as those terms are defined in §102 of REF C) the Secretary of Defense (SECDEF) may, without the consent of the member affected, order any unit, and any member not assigned to a unit organized to serve as a unit, of the Marine Corps Reserve to active duty for a continuous period of not more than 120 days to respond to the Governor’s request.
This just says that members of the Marine Corps reserves can be called up for active duty if a state governor needs extra help in dealing with something like a devastating hurricane.

This is not martial law.

The sky is not falling.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 10-12-2019 at 09:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (10-13-2019)
Unread 10-12-2019, 10:01 PM

Waybread, I didn't realize that that's what a call to active duty meant. I'm happy to delete it if you can tell me how.

BTW I did say that this was to protect people's rights, etc. in an emergency contrary to what fearmongers believe. It was not my intent to convey the sky is falling attitude. Quite the opposite actually.

It was a good learning experience to do the work up in any case.

Thanks.
Cecile
Unread 10-12-2019, 10:07 PM

You should be able to delete your post by clicking on "edit" and then probably "go advanced." To remove the thread title, contact a moderator: Osamenor or Tim Wilson.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 10-12-2019, 10:16 PM

Thanks, Waybread. I managed to delete the opus, and quite an opus it was too.

Cecile.
Unread 10-12-2019, 10:22 PM

I could see that!

But let's hope that the US never gets to a point where we need it.

So far as I know, the US Constitution and laws do not allow for martial law. This isn't to say that a rogue president, as Commander in Chief, couldn't try something. Trump has almost threatened as much. But then we have all of the gun rights advocates armed to the teeth in the event of such a scenario.

I don't think he's that crazy, even though solar arc Uranus is currently pinging on his Mars-ascendant conjunction.

C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Tags
active, called, duty, elite, marines, martial