Has anyone here ever searched for love by seeking a person born astrologically...

2rainbows

compatible to you?
i'm married so i can't really do this, but think it'd be great fun to concoct a future love by his/her birthdate first.
i've done some writing and know if i ever tried to create it, i'd look for people astrologically born to fit my characters.
2rainbows

pixie1982

I am guilty of doing this -finding out a mans birthday, and even hour of birth, sometimes after only a couple of dates, or even before that - and doing a synastry chart on astro.com! I quickly lose interest in them if I see bad aspects!

Unfortunately everyone so far has had unharmonious aspects with me...
(perhaps unsurprisingly after what I've just admitted!!!)

I read an article in last months horoscope magazine (UK) about the aspects found between couples with marital problems, it was really interesting, has anyone else seen it? I think that oppositions and squares to Uranus were an indicator of divorce or not being able to live together - but there are loads of warnings to look nout for. it's a minefield! I'd love someone to set me up on dates with astrologically compatible people! Perhaps you should set up a dating agency for us and make loads of money?!!

pwadm

Staff member
Has anyone here ever searched for love by seeking a person born astrologically...
Me, me:9:! Many years ago I searched and identified a several days on selected months when girls of my age had a spectacular synastry with me. And then I waited to meet one.:39:

Problem is she never bothered to appear.

I guess the traditional way of meeting the right person still stands. That is - by the so called law of resonance - we attract in our lives what we call in mentally (see Richard Bach - Illusions).

Howl

There is a website dedicated to astro matchmaking, see http://www.starmatch.com/ :D I am not sure of the accuracy of their synastry, but you can join for free and I find it useful because you can also enter other's data for free and receive the site's assessment of synastry for friendship, love etc. However, take note, it sure lists a lot of synastry aspects that I can't identify, even with liberal orbs, between charts. So, receiving a high number for someone you're attracted to is gratifying, but I wouldn't advise using this as a tool to make up your mind ;)

You know what? I have my own theory that: of COURSE people that we attract have squares and oppositions to our planets in synastry! Attraction is a powerful thing, relationships bring out challenging aspects of ourselves and those we relate to, and we learn from relating, we don't generally just tend to sit there admiring how easy it is. It's often intense, confusing, exciting, frightening, risky, and a steep learning curve. To me, this experience sounds a lot more like a square, or an opposition, than a whole bunch of fat lazy trines. Sure, you need some mutual ground to hold things together, some commonality to refer to, some soft synastry for mutual empathy and understanding, but quite frankly, my lovers can square me any day (preferably with some softer planets, like a Jupiter maybe?) :D

Remember the fact that we tend to attract people whose elemental balance "balances" our own? Well, you can't generally have that without some hard aspects. As a Fire/Air type, I seriously lack Earth and find balance in an intimate partner far more Earthy than I. To my knowledge, I have never even been attracted to a guy who was not, on balance, a "yin" (feminine) astrological character.

Perhaps without some of those lovely soft synastry aspects I wouldn't find the basis of mutual understanding, but I wouldn't shy away from a just a few squares or oppositions ;). Those people in my life with wonderful soft synastry and an elemental balance more like mine are very good friends, but not intimate parters. Perhaps that's just me!

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
Very well said, Howl. So true. This is the basis of a close relationship between two persons - pollarity.

I liked best "Those people in my life with wonderful soft synastry and an elemental balance more like mine are very good friends, but not intimate partners."

2rainbows

I am well aware relationships do not just randomly happen. but if you run a synastry between two people and you see clearly upfront where your strenghths and weaknesses are as a couple, it seems to me so much easier to work out the relationship.
i do not know about all of you, but i do not use the synastry between me and hubby to deal in our relationship. we use what we know from our upbringing, what our character brings forth, and the pull from the cosmos.
in doing some research on astro compatibility, i did find info to support:
if one sign is not compatible to another, there is little to no likelihood of the two ever meeting, and i do agree this is also because they are putting out ideas that do not attract the other.
and there are no two people anywhere, who will have a perfectly harmonious synastry.
another reason for astro compatibilty is because many of us know what we do not want but are not so clear on what we do want.

Yes I have, as a matter of fact. I did it about 2 months ago.

I figure she'd be born between late Oct. and mid Dec. 1971.
Of course Rising Sign would have a lot to do with it.

-SWM-

Maries

Aside from "Starmatch", there is also a Site called, "Astromate.com". You might want to try that one as well. The only problem I see with it is the people who are the most compatible to you do not live the closest. There is no one in my area with a compatibility in the 90%! "Perfect matches" are not perfect geographically. They are all out of state! Also--You may be highly compatible to them, but they are not compatible to you (or visa versa).

In this forum, some time back, I myself inquired whether an astrologer could find a perfect astrological match for me-- the perfect alignment of the planets that would indictae my soul mate. I got basically the same response as you. Surely there is a way, astrologically, to match someone with someone born on the perfect birth date! You can do anything with computers these days! I don't get it.

Has an astrologer ever tried? I am an impatient Aries.

Maries

Lissa

Hi everyone,

If you go to www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com you can get the birth dates of the people with who you'd be the most compatible.They don't explain what are the creteria used,but you can easily understand their way of thinking.I once got it done for me,and all the birth dates sugested had the Sun in a water signs(to match with my Pisces Sun:)),being most of them born with Jupiter in early Sagittarius,so that their Jupiter should make a grand trine with my Moon/Mercury conjunction and my own Jupiter as well.And guess what-one of the dates they had there was July7 1991 and there's a guy in my class who was born exacly on that day,with a Venus/Mars conjunction trining my own Venus.The funny thing is,I had a crush on that guy when the school year begun:eek:-but over time I got to know him better and I got so sick of him,he sits next to me in Maths class talking bad of my best friend the entire time and making fun of me because I liked him,blahhh,he's so childish!!!

And guess what-the website's service is totally free!!!!

Best wishes,
Lissa

LVaries

I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, the gambling city, which reputedly has the most dense population of strongly Leo and SAgittarian types than any city in the world. I usually rent out a room in my house and a birthdate is imperative, even though I can't get the birth times, if you want to rent a room in my house. I do this to screen out the gamblers. I know this is no foolproof way of avoiding them, but it has worked for me for many years. Also, I'm Aries, Cardinal, with a Cardinal Capricorn Moon (control freak) and my intuition tells me to stay clear of co-habitating with other highly Cardinal types. You know Cardinal types: they like to control, direct, and run the show. Two cardinal types together, even in a close relationship, to me, is a recipe for war and disaster.

tsquare

Nope.
(Laughing)
Always seemingly by accident.
But there have astrological indications of things occuring.....I only seem to catch them after.....some things I like to not know...for the excitement....the pursuit....not like a wild dog or something..(laughing), but for the interchange....some things I like to reach for.....I dont know.....I dont think I'd ever try it...there is probably some aspect in my chart that says I wouldn't.....Fuc@ing astrology!(laughing)
Who Knows?
Tsquare

Maries

Checked "cosmitech." Can't find how or who to connect with exactly that will give me the birthdates of people the most compatible? Help!