Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite chart

thelivingsky

Re: Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite c

The other two charts:

Attachments

• astro_671gw_50_51_sam_n_dave_sam_n__dave.84600.3689.jpg
    astro_671gw_50_51_sam_n_dave_sam_n__dave.84600.3689.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 31
  • astro_671gw_06_05_joanne_woodward_adb_paul_newman_adb.84731.7482.jpg
    astro_671gw_06_05_joanne_woodward_adb_paul_newman_adb.84731.7482.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 39

Tss035

Re: Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite c

Hi! I know this forum is old but I just wanted to pipe up in case anyone is fretting those "doomy"-sounding aspects within the composite chart... I just checked back on my composite with my *favorite* ex :wink:, relationship of ~3 years, and we had composite ASC square Uranus (2 degree orb) and composite ASC square Neptune (5 degree orb), though that one's a little wide. We were on and off at times, and had to be long distance for a year, which indeed screams URANUS but the ups and downs were by no means unworkable -- in fact I'd say he was one of the most stable and reliable influences in my life, I always knew I could count on him and stability/feeling supported by one another was a pervasive feeling in our relationship. Overall I'd say any ups and downs we had were completely necessary as they helped us grow through our relationship and as individuals. We had a good amount of positive aspects as well that may have served to counterbalance.

Anyway, if you have composite Uranus-sq-Asc with your love, fear not! :happy: It's amazing what can work out when both people try.

StillOne

Hi! I know this forum is old but I just wanted to pipe up in case anyone is fretting those "doomy"-sounding aspects within the composite chart... I just checked back on my composite with my *favorite* ex :wink:, relationship of ~3 years, and we had composite ASC square Uranus (2 degree orb) and composite ASC square Neptune (5 degree orb), though that one's a little wide. We were on and off at times, and had to be long distance for a year, which indeed screams URANUS but the ups and downs were by no means unworkable -- in fact I'd say he was one of the most stable and reliable influences in my life, I always knew I could count on him and stability/feeling supported by one another was a pervasive feeling in our relationship. Overall I'd say any ups and downs we had were completely necessary as they helped us grow through our relationship and as individuals. We had a good amount of positive aspects as well that may have served to counterbalance.

Anyway, if you have composite Uranus-sq-Asc with your love, fear not! :happy: It's amazing what can work out when both people try.
Are you still in contact with this person?

Erickaf

I have composite Uranus square ASC, wide square 6 degrees but still a square.
We are having a long-term relationship right now but I know we will be together again very soon. Did the OP mean to say Saturn, Pluto and Uranus square/opposite the ASC with 0 degree orb which dooms a relationship?
In our composite we have Saturn conjunct Pluto and it is indeed a life changing relationship and very deep, also Venus is conjunct Pluto and Saturn...we are serious about each other.

ardentika

I checked my files and found at least 4 composites of couples who stayed together for over 30 years with Pluto square or opposed their Comp. ASC. I have attached the charts for all to see.Two are people I know well, family or friends: they are the "Dick and Jane" couple and the "Sam and Dave" couple (aliases.) Two are celebrities. So their are apparently exceptions to your "rule" but that usually is the case in astrology. All of these charts however show that the 1. good aspects far outweigh the negative, 2. the Nodes are either in the Sun or stellium or square it or on the Moon, 3. the Moon is not burdened with more than one difficult aspect4. luminaries are not in H6 or H12- all of which contribute to longevity.

I did not include two others that might be considered exceptions : Oprah with Steadman Graham where Pluto is 7 degrees from being to the ASC and Oprah with Gayle King (a lifelong friendship )where Uranus is opposite the Asc.

This is really supporting one of my theories. I've noticed that really in long term relationships there are a lot of semi sextiles and inconjuncts. And I noticed the first couple had their Ascs semi sextiles, and the second couple had them inconjunct. These two aspects seem to play a huge role in bonding, lasting relationships.

EsmerSilver

Maybe I'm just too romantic but I would never leave a relationship or change my mind about it just because an astrologer (most likely not a professional) on the internet told me to. If it doesn't work, I'd rather see for myself. That's not to say I don't think a composite chart has it's value, it def does but a lot also depends on the natal charts of the individuals and the maturity level of the people involved. Also, I could have the best synastry with someone on paper but if we have nothing in common... probably won't work!
That is I would do too. My neighbours have Venus Sq Uranus double whammy, Mars Sq Mercury Double Whammy,Venus Opp Saturn among many other hard aspects. They still love each other after 20 years together.

ardentika

That is I would do too. My neighbours have Venus Sq Uranus double whammy, Mars Sq Mercury Double Whammy,Venus Opp Saturn among many other hard aspects. They still love each other after 20 years together.

That's probably the wisest thing to do. It's absolutely idiotic to leave a relationship because an astrologer said it probably wouldn't last. No one knows, definitely not our small human brains lol.
Some things are greater than us, more complex than we can even imagine, and the best we can do is just relax and take it as it is. I literally hate the extremist notions of how some relationships just CANNOT workot because of hard aspects from Uranus or Neptune for example. I believe it all depends on the maturity and consciousness of the two people. I believe nothing is impossible. Hard yes, impossible nu uh.

Melinn

Saturn opposite Asc it says. But how much wide should the orb be?

I have a composite with Gemini Asc 0 Degrees.

Saturn 11 degrees in Sagg, in 7th house. So 11 degrees is too wide I hope?

Starsareround

YESSSS!

My ex who chipped chunks out of my soul and vice versa, we had mars conjunct ascendant in composite, and Pluto was squaring! How did we even pass each other on the street with out Killin* each other,
you ask? Simple: his Sun conjunct my moon, his mars conjunct my Venus among other things. Deep attraction and the feelings that were stirred were just too powerful. It was kind of like a spiral or a vortex...what happened between us seemed beyond our control somehow. Crazy, I know :unsure::unsure:

I will say that things were more or less stable between us for years until transiting mars (in one of those long retrogrades) squared his pluto. Then it was like Pandora’s box opened....

Last edited:

waybread

Saturn opposite Asc it says. But how much wide should the orb be?

I have a composite with Gemini Asc 0 Degrees.

Saturn 11 degrees in Sagg, in 7th house. So 11 degrees is too wide I hope?

You'll know if if you feel it. Do you feel like people are hyper-critical of you? (Saturn opposite ascendant.) Saturn in the 7th, regardless, will have an effect on your relationships.

Note that a wide orb sometimes gets activated by another planet or midpoint in the mix.

TonsOfWaterAndAir

After years of doing synastry and composite charts, I've learned that the easiest way to see if the relationship SERIOUSLY won't work is by looking at the composite chart and seeing if the Ascendant is square/opposite Pluto or Saturn or Uranus.

I've learned that for severely negative relationships, the composite chart's ASC was either square Saturn by 0 degrees or square Pluto.

I would say to avoid relationships like these by all costs =P. The pluto aspect changes your life forever.

Hi Raindrops,

You mention to avoid these relationships at all costs - do you think it could be possibly a (karmic) test that can help you grow a lot if you learn the lesson? If you avoid it there is no lesson to be learned, right? Not suggesting to be in a bad relationship, but I wonder if this is what caused the attraction in the first place.

My relationship composite has both, ASC squ Pluto and ASC square Saturn, among many other heavy aspects (Saturn in hard aspect to all inner planets in composite, plus 9 Saturn aspects from his Saturn to my planets and 7 from mine to his) - it feels like torture at times. Trying to learn a lesson about myself. Sometimes I just like to tell myself "he's a narcissist and I'm co-dependent and no astrology aspect in the world can change this" but then I calm myself down and think "ok, have compassion for the both of you and give your best." ugh!:pinched:

Accelana

I use natal chart interpretations to interpret my composite chart aspects.

Saturn Opposite ASC: This is a difficult aspect for two people. The two of you may feel as if you are unable tor elate as a team. You both feel there are great barriers between you that make it difficult to relate to each other.

External circumstances may make the relationship impossible. Or perhaps there is a great age gap between you.

I have this aspect in the progressed composite - Saturn square ASC & there's a significant age gap between us + we live far away from each other and it seems like external circumstances will be very much in a way of making this union work & stay within the physical realm, I don't see any other signs of that aspect manifesting between us (unable to elate as a team/barriers etc)

anyone knows anything else about this aspect?

waybread

Makes sense.

Thanks for sharing!