Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite chart

Raindrops

Re: Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite chart

Oh my goodness, LOL, I've never seen a composite like this. This is cute.
How long have you two been "together" or "dating" ?

Raindrops

Re: Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite chart

I've never seen a composite quite this. I've heard that grand squares, although difficult, can be a reason why people stay in the relationship. Of course, that is in synastry, not in the composite chart =P.

Aside from all the squares and oppositions, I can see the glue of this relationship: Venus conjunct Jupiter, North node conjunct Venus/Jupiter (wow!), Moon opposite mercury, moon opposite sun and sun conjunct mercury.

At the same time, I can see the very challenging squares: Saturn square sun, moon, mercury & mars. Neptune square sun, moon, mercury, mars and saturn. Mars opposite the sun and mercury. Uranus square venus.

I've never seen anything like this! LOL
I'm going to make a wild guess: The two of you have more than your share of "challenges" to work through?

I could be completely mistaken though =P.

FleetingDasein

Re: Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite c

Raindrops said:
Yes. ;)

Is it well aspected? How close is it to the descendant?

Saturn trines Jupiter and conjunct Uranus. The orb for the opposition to the ascedant is 4°45.

jjj

Thank you for your analysis Raindrops,

I do not want to hijack this thread with my chart, so please continue with your discussion about the ascendant.:eek:

Me neither, I had never seen a composite like this. It s not working very well. We have been seeing each other for 8 months, but the relationship is progressing very slowly. Between meetings we communicate poorly. The physical chemistry is the best I ve ever had, that is one of the reasons why we keep seeing each other, I guess.;) On the other hand there is a strong feeling of obligation toward each other that prevents us from the break up... because being together is not always fun. There are blockages in the air... we do not express freely our feelings and thoughts, there are subconscious fears (past love hurts, lonely childhood) for both parts... our past prevents us from being 100% emotionally intimate and open; on the other hand the relationship offers a tremendous possibility of healing.

Honestly, I dont know if it will continue and how it will continue (Venus-Uranus aspect maybe). We both feel that it is a challenge... if he will find someone with whom he has less challenges and more fun, he may leave me. Or if I meet someone who gives me more emotional closeness, I may leave him. But I dont want to leave him... I feel bounded to him. NN-venus-jupiter conjunction I guess:)

Rahu told me that Saturn-Neptun may mean that he is not honest. I think the interpretation Raindrops gave fits better:

Saturn opposite Neptune: You two may not have compatible ideals. You two may constantly challenge each other's notions of reality. You might systematically weaken each other's self-confidence.
Negatively, this can lead to fear, depression, sadness and a sense of futility, material want and deprivation. You both must learn to recognize that you are probably making your relationship seem worse than it is. Be careful to not make mountains out of molehills. This is a chief danger of this aspect.

You hit the nail. That´s it.

thanks!
:)

Last edited:

Raindrops

Well, I also just looked at the Davidson Relationship Chart (its about finding the center points between two people in birth place, date and times).

In that chart, my bf and I have a perfectly well-aspected Pluto/Saturn conjunct the ASC. At first I was like, "What?!?" Because that didn't seem to fit our relationship.

But after thinking about it for... an entire day... the relationship definitely changed both of our lives (Pluto) and we feel bound together (Saturn).

Now I am trying to understand what each chart (the Composite and the Davidson) is best suited for. I am thinking that the Composite shows more of our outward characteristics which are easily recognizable to the world. And the Davidson seems to reveal the inner-workings of the relationship. Something perhaps only WE as a couple can feel... but is not readily apparent to the world.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

gesso

I dont quite grasp what it means to have planets in the 7th in a composite chart :confused:

Raindrops

Well, this is what Robert Hand says about Sun in the 7th of a Composite Chart:
The two of you put great stress about being together as a team and facing the world together as a couple. It is an excellent placement for a couple. Favorable to any relationship that involves giving and receiving advice. Others will look at the two of you as a team or partnership, even to the point that they find it strange for you to be apart. Sometimes the energies of this particular placement can go outside the relationship and produce conflict between yourselves and others.

FleetingDasein

jjj said:
Me neither, I had never seen a composite like this. It s not working very well. We have been seeing each other for 8 months, but the relationship is progressing very slowly. Between meetings we communicate poorly. The physical chemistry is the best I ve ever had, that is one of the reasons why we keep seeing each other, I guess.;) On the other hand there is a strong feeling of obligation toward each other that prevents us from the break up... because being together is not always fun. There are blockages in the air... we do not express freely our feelings and thoughts, there are subconscious fears (past love hurts, lonely childhood) for both parts... our past prevents us from being 100% emotionally intimate and open; on the other hand the relationship offers a tremendous possibility of healing.

Honestly, I dont know if it will continue and how it will continue (Venus-Uranus aspect maybe). We both feel that it is a challenge... if he will find someone with whom he has less challenges and more fun, he may leave me. Or if I meet someone who gives me more emotional closeness, I may leave him. But I dont want to leave him... I feel bounded to him. NN-venus-jupiter conjunction I guess:)

:)

JJJ,

Do you think you could post the synastry of the relationship? If you been seeing each other for only 8 months I don't think we should be looking at the composite. Although some aspects may be right on the spot, maybe they are being confused with aspects that are also present in the synastry.

The composite chart shows the relationship as an unit. Composite can be very telling in long term relationships and marriages. I really don't think people should complicate matters with a composite until both lives have been merged as one. Composite also tells you how other people see the relationship, and what the relationships brings to the people around you. I think it should be analysed in that context. I think the Composite is the fruit, while the Synastry is the tree. You won't get the benefits of the Composite until you deal with the challenges of the Synastry.

My composite of a 3 year long distance relationship is also one big square; The Sun opposes Neptune, in the Synastry the Sun trines Neptune. Very similar energies that are present in both.

Gesso,
Edit: Composite 7th house planets just focus on the actual relationship. I have a stellium of planets in the aforementioned relationship: Saturn-Uranus-Neptune-Venus. What would I expect from a relationship with this composite? I'd say a rocky restrictive soul union. :)

Last edited:

Kerrie

Mmm.... my partner has Pluto and Saturn opp my Asc, and we dont have any problems. My Saturn sits on his Asc. This is a bit strange, I wonder why? I am very pisces, maybe my piscean nature hasnt even noticed and has rolled with it?

Kenoshamaensa

Re: Learned that the Composite ASC is the most "telling" aspect of SYN or Composite c

This is somewhat old now, but I found the thread very interesting. My ex-husband (married 20 years) and I had a 7th house Neptune in composite, and a number of difficult synastry aspects. I look at our synastry and composite and wonder how the hell we got together in the first place. Ha. 6th house Sun AND Venus. Mars sitting smack on the IC, 12th house Moon (and Jupiter, but that's less difficult) -- nothing all that great in composite except a Sun-Venus conjunction, and it was wide-ish. About the best aspects were a Mars-Mars conj. in synastry and sharing ASC/DES signs with MC/IC (common in marriages, I understand). By contrast, a fellow I'm currently interested in and I have a near-exact Sun-Venus conjunction with wider Mercury, Jupiter-N.Node conj. But some weird oppositions. We can't even seem to get off the *ground*, despite better synastry AND composite. If I and the ex shared Asc/Des and IC/MC, I and the new fellow have them literally sitting on top of each other.

All that said, what I REALLY wanted to ask was about "good" hard aspects to the Asc. I've heard/read that the benefics, Venus and Jupiter aren't particularly bad to have in square to the Asc. I and the new fellow happen to have the extremely tight Sun-Venus conjunction square the Asc, in composite (and the loose Mercury to the conj. is also in on that square). Observations on how that might play out (again, assuming his goes anywhere beyond friendship ... and I do look at our composite chart because we've been friends now almost 3 years, really good friends over a year, so we have a relationship, it's just not currently romantic).

dr. farr

Just as in natal, never overlook checking the Parallels of declination for the ascendant relative to the planets (and to the nodes) in your composite chart; these Parallels (if they are present) can oftentimes make a very significant difference in the composite delineation.

Kama

am I the only one whose life hasn't been made hell by this placement? :(

No, you are not. :smile:
I have had now a very close friendship with a man for about five years. We are working together, lunching everyday, travelling and going out together. I feel him as a soulmate, I love him very much. My Saturn/Neptune is exactly on his descendant, and I am 12 years older than him.
In our composite Saturn is in the 7th on 1° Capricorne, and we have Venus conjunct Pluto, square saturn, and Moon opposite Pluto.
Whatever happens I believe we shall always remain close friends!
But I also have to mention that it is a very serious relationship, very deep and there is nothing superficial. Although we have the same spirit, mindset and humour and we laugh a lot.
I thing Saturn in 7th Capricorne square Aries point also has to do with our age difference, and hindering circumstances. If we were lovers we would never part, I am sure.
kama

StillOne

Very interesting. After reading this post I decided to check the synastry of my last relationship which was hugely transformational for me. Her Pluto squares my Asc.

We had intense chemistry but there was always an undertone of control. It was subtle and I couldn't seem to resolve it. It ended up consuming me and I thought about it constantly to where I couldn't relax into the relationship. This isn't unusual for me in relationships (Sun/Ur conj), but there was something in the relationship that made me realize my short-comings.

This relationship ended up being very karmic for me. I realized many of my life challenges and began serious introspection and research into my birthchart. As a result, I have grown exponentially. It's been profound.

Anushka

This is one old topic but I came to this forum looking for some informations find in this topic.

I am in what might be the most intense relationship I had and in our charts I saw some of the reasons for it. He have Pluto/Venus conj in Scorpio exactly on my asc (0.07 degree) while his Asc is on Libra/Scorpio cusp in a little wider conj with my Pluto (around 4 degrees) in trine with my Venus. In composite chart that made our Asc Scorpio in close conj with Pluto from 12th and in a sextile with Venus. And Saturn in first but not aspected with Asc, Pluto or Venus. Since I understand it is waay too early to even consider composite chart in this case I'll try to stay focused on sinastry chart.
We felt the attraction from the first time we saw each other but it took us months to even introduce to each other and even then we hardly were able to talk to each other from all the energy around us, we quickly went toward physical contact and are not missing a chance to just be together. We really have nothing in common other than this attraction and nonverbal compatibilty (Moons in easy conjuction) which made me to look for the source of this almost scary level of passion and attraction we feel and was shocked to see these mutual Pluto/Venus/Scorpio Asc conjuctions and trine.
I have Jupiter/Saturn conjuction and from what I read that is nulling negative aspects of Saturn (and those positive Jupiter ones too) and they are interacting with every aspect in his natal except his Asc; while his Saturn is in exact sextile with my Sun (0.00 degree) but squaring my Moon and Jupiter/Saturn conj.
Usually my Uranus (from first house) creates a trouble, but in this case it is only opposing his Jupiter while his Uranus is squaring my Moon and Jupiter/Saturn conj.
In Composite those are not looking that bad at all, Saturn in first is in sextile with Mercury/Sun and trining Mars while Uranus is in 2nd and only squaring Mars (not good but not tragic neither I think). And as I already mentioned, Pluto is in close conj with Asc from 12th, sextile with Venus and squaring Jupiter. Venus ended up conjucting Neptune and squaring Moon and Mars which is not that good.
All I can say for now that intensity and passion in this relationship is extremely deep, and we are incredibly comfortable with each other, and it is shocking because we can't even agree about TV channel, and everything about our lives is different, but we still want to be together whenever there is a chance.

grenadine01

This is one old topic but I came to this forum looking for some informations find in this topic.

I am in what might be the most intense relationship I had and in our charts I saw some of the reasons for it. He have Pluto/Venus conj in Scorpio exactly on my asc (0.07 degree) while his Asc is on Libra/Scorpio cusp in a little wider conj with my Pluto (around 4 degrees) in trine with my Venus. In composite chart that made our Asc Scorpio in close conj with Pluto from 12th and in a sextile with Venus. And Saturn in first but not aspected with Asc, Pluto or Venus. Since I understand it is waay too early to even consider composite chart in this case I'll try to stay focused on sinastry chart.
We felt the attraction from the first time we saw each other but it took us months to even introduce to each other and even then we hardly were able to talk to each other from all the energy around us, we quickly went toward physical contact and are not missing a chance to just be together. We really have nothing in common other than this attraction and nonverbal compatibilty (Moons in easy conjuction) which made me to look for the source of this almost scary level of passion and attraction we feel and was shocked to see these mutual Pluto/Venus/Scorpio Asc conjuctions and trine.
I have Jupiter/Saturn conjuction and from what I read that is nulling negative aspects of Saturn (and those positive Jupiter ones too) and they are interacting with every aspect in his natal except his Asc; while his Saturn is in exact sextile with my Sun (0.00 degree) but squaring my Moon and Jupiter/Saturn conj.
Usually my Uranus (from first house) creates a trouble, but in this case it is only opposing his Jupiter while his Uranus is squaring my Moon and Jupiter/Saturn conj.
In Composite those are not looking that bad at all, Saturn in first is in sextile with Mercury/Sun and trining Mars while Uranus is in 2nd and only squaring Mars (not good but not tragic neither I think). And as I already mentioned, Pluto is in close conj with Asc from 12th, sextile with Venus and squaring Jupiter. Venus ended up conjucting Neptune and squaring Moon and Mars which is not that good.
All I can say for now that intensity and passion in this relationship is extremely deep, and we are incredibly comfortable with each other, and it is shocking because we can't even agree about TV channel, and everything about our lives is different, but we still want to be together whenever there is a chance.

Anushka,

What happened with your relationship?

Last edited:

craft94

Uh oh. The composite chart with my loved one has the Ascendant opposite both Saturn and Uranus, while Pluto opposes the Moon.

Yikes. This is my self declared soulmate composite we're talking about.

I have never really taken into account the composite, as we are not married or living together. The composite is more about how other people see the relationship, and not what the relationship is really about.

Maybe I'm just too romantic but I would never leave a relationship or change my mind about it just because an astrologer (most likely not a professional) on the internet told me to. If it doesn't work, I'd rather see for myself. That's not to say I don't think a composite chart has it's value, it def does but a lot also depends on the natal charts of the individuals and the maturity level of the people involved. Also, I could have the best synastry with someone on paper but if we have nothing in common... probably won't work!

thelivingsky

I checked my files and found at least 4 composites of couples who stayed together for over 30 years with Pluto square or opposed their Comp. ASC. I have attached the charts for all to see.Two are people I know well, family or friends: they are the "Dick and Jane" couple and the "Sam and Dave" couple (aliases.) Two are celebrities. So their are apparently exceptions to your "rule" but that usually is the case in astrology. All of these charts however show that the 1. good aspects far outweigh the negative, 2. the Nodes are either in the Sun or stellium or square it or on the Moon, 3. the Moon is not burdened with more than one difficult aspect4. luminaries are not in H6 or H12- all of which contribute to longevity.

I did not include two others that might be considered exceptions : Oprah with Steadman Graham where Pluto is 7 degrees from being to the ASC and Oprah with Gayle King (a lifelong friendship )where Uranus is opposite the Asc.

Attachments

• astro_671gw_63_62_dick_and_jane_dick_and_jane.83065.29297.jpg
    astro_671gw_63_62_dick_and_jane_dick_and_jane.83065.29297.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 57
  • astro_671gw_65_64_tracy_pollan_michael_j_fox.83482.6650.jpg
    astro_671gw_65_64_tracy_pollan_michael_j_fox.83482.6650.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 46